MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers please

Peg

Hi all,

I have a HUGE favor to ask of you. I would like everyone to say a prayer for the quick recovery of my friend and fellow EMT, Peggy. Last Sunday night, Peggy was acting "strange" so her husband Andy took her to the ER. The doc said if he would have waited another 2 hours she would have died. They thought it was a diabetic problem. However, she was transferred to a larger hospital and it was discovered that she has a strep infection in her lung. She was placed on a ventilator in a coma and more tests were done. It has been nine days and no change. In fact the docs told Andy they don't really know what is going on with her, and they haven't been able to remove the vent.

I'm begging everyone I can think of to put Peggy in their prayers.

Thank you so much, I will give updates as I receive them. praying

prayingbighug

Prayers for strength and healing for her and her family and for wisdom and insight for her doctors. What a scary situation, not to know what's causing this.

Peggy Update...

Thnigs are not looking good. They still don't know what is going on. The docs want to do a trach on her. I'm not really sure why, and they put a drain in each of her lungs to hopefully drain some of the infection out. She has now been on the ventilator for 13 days with no change. They tried to take it out 4 times, but she doesn't have to lung capacity to breathe on her own.

And to top things off her 20 something year old son was supposed to be taking care of the animals and 4 of her calves died due to dehydration.

I appreciate the prayers from everyone and I know Peggy and Andy do to.

Dear Lord, please heal Peggy, and please guide her doctors, nurses, and all who are caring for her. Please give them your knowledge, discernment and skill; and please bless her family and friends. Amen

I just wanted to thank all of you for your prayers, thanks and to let you, that Peg is improving greatly. bananarahrah She was moved from the ICU to a regular hospital room today.

She does have a trach., which means that there is a long road ahead.

Thank you so much

Peg

Archived