MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi from NC

Lissalue

hello. i am fairly new here. I have been reading here for a couple months since a friend told me about it, and I know army0f5forGod from another forum, and another newbie, Hawthorn.

I am here to work on getting myself and my family prepared for the things that are coming, sooner rather than later unfortunately. I am very interested in how to properly store foods like rice and flour, how to can (never done it before) and what I need to have on hand and how much to get us through for a while till we can learn to grow and hunt enough for ourselves.

I have already learned so much, and look forward to learning more in the days and weeks to come.

Well welcome to Mrs. S Lissalue. I am in NC also as well as -06. I think there are a few others around here.

Oh heavens you said the "C" word. Believe you me all you have to do is say the word canning and you will have all sorts of wonderful advice come your way.

welcome6

wave Welcome to the best site on the web!!! Always good to have another member. Jump in with any questions you have about anything. And Mt3b is right, the "C" word will bring folks out of the woodwork. grin

bighug

wormie

John

Well, as long as they teach me to can while they have me, i guess that is ok. rofl

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I have spent most of the day today sitting here reading up on a lot of stuff. Mainly the best ways to start stocking up my pantry. I am going to read a lot of canning stuff tomorrow.

I a so excited about getting prepared. DH is too, which actually has surprised me. My family all think I am nuts, so I am just not going to talk about it anymore to them, they know what our opinions are, and what we are doing to prepare, so I will just pray they see the light before it is too late for help.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. I am taking everything in, and will probably start with my own questions next week.

Hi Melissa!

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

------

This might help with your rice and other grain storage questions:

http://waltonfeed.net/grain/faqs/

Alan's site is a must-see-learn-a-lot kinda place, too. http://athagan.members.atlantic.net/Index.html

------------

Salutations Milissa, from one nut to another-welcome. Lissalue, don't wait till canning season to start prepping. Lots and lots to do before that. Strawberries are getting ripe(we put up @ 5 gallons last yr), Asparagas is coming up, Black berries will be ripening soon(@ 5 gal. also).

We just had a spring gathering East of Charlotte and we have some non hybrid seeds left-need any? I live @ 50 mi. East of Char. If you are in the neighborhood just holler and will buy you a cup of hot chocolate. Next gathering is in Oct and a small get together in July(tenting event in the Uwharries). There are several folks close around into preps and self sufficiency style living. Glad your hubby is onboard-hard to beat a good team of mules-lol. Best to you and yours and hope to see you and Mo4. wc

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif and WELCOMETOTHEGROUPCOFFEECUP.gif

You said you want to learn to do some canning , this is the place to be. smile We have a lot of people who have just learned to can in the past couple years, while others of us have canned for years and years.

It really isn't hard to do, it is just getting it done, sometimes. smilewink

Again, WELCOMEMAT.jpg to Mrs. S. smile

HAVEANICEDAYSUN.gif

Welcome!

I'm just learning how to can as well. I've never done it before, but I know I will learn a lot here. You'll learn so much on this site, even things you never thought of!

Archived