MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CALLING ALL NEW PEOPLE!!! (PART TWO)

Cat

WELCOME, hillfarm! :wave:

I love your skill-sets. Sounds like your daughter is going to have some awesome survival skills to teach others and to keep her own loved ones safe.

I couldn't help but think of a book I enjoyed reading called "Bystander: A Tale of The End of the World as SHE Knew It", written by our own "thematianchick". :reading:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1453760482/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i07

The setting is rural, and although the heroine isn't quite as savvy as you sound, she has the mentality. :) You would fit right into Bystander!!! :happy0203:

Whatever you want or need to find, just ask. We love to help! Mrs S has LOTS of wonderful information and we can usually rustle up whatever is needed from the dusty corners. :bighug2:

• 1 year later...

Hello all, my name is Kevin.

I'm here to learn, interact, and occasionaly express my most humble opinions (read I'm opinionated).

I spent 20 something years as a firearms instructor for the Feds, including handgun, subgun, shotgun, CQB, dynamic, and explosive entry.

I now own a Gun Shop that specializes in NFA firearms and accessories such as Suppressors and select fire firearms.

My wife occasionaly post here and thought it would be OK if I joined (it's her fault!).

She's the light of my life, and as someone that grew up on a farm has taught me more about self sufficiency and independence than I ever would have thought possible.

Were it not for her, my idea of survival would be to wait till MickyD's opened in the morning.

I'll try to be a positive and productive member of this fine forum with minimal drama.

After all, if I make her regret me joining, my life is measured in the icy cold glare of her disproval, which would wither me in seconds.

Talk about survival!

After all, if I make her regret me joining, my life is measured in the icy cold glare of her disproval, which would wither me in seconds.

Talk about survival!

:24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24:

Oh, maaaan, this one's gonna be fun! :happy0203:

Welcome, Gunslinger 808... :wave:

Hello all!

Crab grass acres directed me to you so you must be a terrific bunch. I look forward to getting to know you!

(Thank you, Anarchy, for fixing me!)

Edited by BigM
  • 4 months later...

Afternoon! I stumbled onto you web site some time ago while searching for something online. Been lurking long enough now and I figured it was time to start trying to be a little active. Mainly been reading to learn from those who have way more experiencing canning than I do.

This is my third year of canning. A neighbor down the street got me started when she asked if I wanted to help with some peaches. We did a bushel and a half that day and I was hooked. So far this summer, I have put up 18 pints of green beans, 6 pints of potatoes, 6 quarts of Razzleberry pie filling, 8 half pints of bruschetta, 3 half pints of peach pie jam and 6 half pints of Blushing Peach jam.

Afternoon! I stumbled onto you web site some time ago while searching for something online. Been lurking long enough now and I figured it was time to start trying to be a little active. Mainly been reading to learn from those who have way more experiencing canning than I do.

This is my third year of canning. A neighbor down the street got me started when she asked if I wanted to help with some peaches. We did a bushel and a half that day and I was hooked. So far this summer, I have put up 18 pints of green beans, 6 pints of potatoes, 6 quarts of Razzleberry pie filling, 8 half pints of bruschetta, 3 half pints of peach pie jam and 6 half pints of Blushing Peach jam.

Welcome to "live" MrsS :-) Sounds like you're on a role!

Oo oo, where in TN? General area is fine, or you can pm me!! :D