MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CALLING ALL NEW PEOPLE!!! (PART TWO)

Cat

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone. New to the forum and for now just looking around to get the feel for how things work. So far what I have seen is really nice. I have been prepping for many years now.  I do a lot of canning, gardening, some sewing,  and mostly taking care of my husband who is disabled with heart problems. Though he does what he can when he can. So that is a blessing. Hoping I can learn from you as well as offer what I know to you. 

Thank you for having me.

Littlesister

• Like 3

Welcome Little Sister.  Like Jeepers says, we're a gentle bunch here.  But we know how hard core any Post Hooey Hits Fan situation can get.  Seems like a lot of us are getting older...making the prepping look differently than it did a decade or so ago.  Some of us are not that old tho... 

Most of us have been at MrsS for ages, but we like new folks too.

MtRider  :wave: 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Did you use Beryl or another name? 

MtRider  ....welcome back  :wave: 

Other username which I do not remember due to brain fog. I am 59.I see you are in Colorado. The city Centennial was it there before the book by James Michener?

Not according to Wikipedia:

-=-==--=-=-=

The City of Centennial was formed on February 7, 2001, from portions of unincorporated Arapahoe County, including the former Castlewood and Southglenn census-designated places (CDPs). The citizens of the area had voted to incorporate on September 12, 2000, choosing Centennial as the official name during the vote. The name reflects Colorado's admission to the Union as the 38th state in 1876, the centennial year of the United States Declaration of Independence.[9] The state of Colorado is nicknamed the "Centennial State".[9]

=-=-=-=-=-=-

Unless there was another town called Centennial in the Old Days?  :shrug: 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• 2 years later...

I'm not technically new (I see I originally joined in 2011!), but I don't recall being here for eons. 

We went through a rough patch where we really relied on our previous efforts to prepare. We are back on track (residentially, community wise). With the events unfolding in recent years, and especially in recent weeks, I've been checking/updating our resources here at home. It was good timing to deal with some issues we had been putting off. 

Darlene's email was great timing to bring me back here. Thank you.

• Like 4

Hello, I'm new and from the UK ~ don't know if there are any other Brits here?  Anyway I live with my husband and two of our three sons on the edge of a biggish city ~ my husband has had to take early retirement due to ill health ( we're both in our early sixties, but had planned to work for much longer) and our youngest son has autism and some other health challenges. So we have fairly limited resources, but I'm still hoping to grow a few vegetables and herbs in our little garden and work on having a reasonable store cupboard....Covid has proved to me just how important these things are!!!

• Like 8