MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Baby has RSV

Jori

I need a heavy freeze/cold snap and a snow storm, please. I am being serious. DS1 was the doctor Friday with what started as allergies and thought went to flu to find out he had a bacterial infection and what they thought was pneumonia. He is doing better still tired and coughing.

DS2 (the baby) is cutting 5 teeth and we thought picked up a cold and whatever else from putting things in his mouth to chew (at least one tooth spot is opened). Took to the doctor yesterday to find out he has RSV and ear infections in both ears. They sent him home after hours in the doctors office, being exposed to who knows what, with a nebulizer and a nasal suction machine delivered. I'm not seeing much improvement and now deciding if I should call the peds office and say I'm taking him to the hospital for round the clock care and ask for them to call ahead.

Please pray for the boys to get better and DD to not get sick. I'm a "tax season widow" so I'm making decisions and caring for the kids basically on my own.

I'll keep you posted as I can.

Will pray. They have to be so uncomfortable with being so sick.

I am not sure what RSV is although I have heard of it? Is it a long term illness or only short term ?

Yes, do try to get break so you can rest in some way. Maybe soothing music even may help you deal with these stressors today. I hope someone can give you a break too, after they get home from work or school if thats the case.

Oh Jori, I'll be saying prayers for you. Sick babies that can't communicate with words make illnesses so much scarier for Mom. When the boys rest make sure you do too. As TMC said you don't want to get run down, so rest when the kids rest. The house can wait!

Hi~

Just a quick update. He goes back to the doctor in the morning. One of my sister's will meet ,e there and take the other two. He is doing better, he is being nosy when nursing again and has my cell phone and talking on it. If this gets posted before I finish he is now examining the mouse. LOL!

You can still hear him

Archived