MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Poor Miki....I know what you mean! :motz_6:

Glad the WE2's are feeling better and :cele: for the SINK!!!

I was trying to keep things low key today...and mostly did. But I FINISHED filling in all the data I keep on the calendar from year to year. 2016 was a terrible challenge cuz I hadn't actually finished any year since 2011. A REAL indication of how the past 5 yrs have been going! :runcirclsmiley2:

So I had to go thru all 5 yrs of calendars once I put in the basic stuff from the 2011 calendar. I was missing 2012 but finally found it. 2012 was a busy year for new data! But after hours of doing a bit, then doing something else to rest my brain, then doing more........

:hapydancsmil: I'm finished.

In the process I now know when to expect Koa to go into heat again [May] and where we are with her shots [up to date, thot so but now confirmed!] and which year was the big fire and which year we got this set of horses/how old they are, and which year my dad was in the hospital....

I've discovered today why I've been a LOT MORE LOST these past years. :twister3: Without this data ON PAPER in front of me, all the years blur together. This was a long but worthy project for unscrambling my life.

MtRider ..... :amen: ...and I got the piece of whatever out from under my finger nail too! [from the scrubbing yesterday! OW!] :happy0203:

Edited by Mt_Rider

It is gorgeous outside. I am gonna finish up my morning online stuff and then go outside and do something useful!

I called my Uncle this am to wish him a happy 70th wedding anniversary. Wow..can you imagine being married (to the same person) that long?

I need to buckle down and do my taxes later on today. I have been procrastinating on that.

Both of us got up about an hour earlier than we normally do (when he's working); guess we both must have slept restfully :-) I spent the day re-claiming my kitchen :-) Still have some items out on the enclosed porch that I need to sort through and either pitch or clean up and find a spot for. Funny how much room I now have underneath my kitchen sink! I have one whole cabinet under one side of the kitchen counter now too :-) After I've put everything back (or pitched it) I will dive into the cabinet that is home to my pots and pans etc. Going to re-arrange some things there for sure. Don't need to pitch anything there because I did that a couple of years ago and all I have now are my stainless steel pans & skillets and my bakeware. I keep most of my cast iron in my oven and all my canners, roaster, crock pots etc., are on pantry shelves. Also got most of the laundry done today too!

WE2s and Mt. Rider both had really productive days!!! We went to town to ship and grocery shop and get a rabies shot for the Notorious Peanut! Got to be up to date to get her groomed. All 3 dogs went for the ride as DH thinks the ones left at home feel slighted. Such a project with all 3! It was a fairly restful afternoon since I did not get my butt out to take a walk! Maybe today.

Today is lots of ebay listing! We are shooting for 250 listings and then to keep it about there. We have about 225 now. Hard to get ahead when stuff keeps selling. I know it's a good thing but but I still want to get to 250 soon!

Hope you all have a good and Productive? if you want, day!

Took my time today just "getting things done". Lots of household chores got put aside while the kitchen counter/sink was in dis-array. Finished up the laundry so I'm back on schedule. When he put in the new water stops, the new "choke" valve etc., I couldn't use my washer because it would spit little bits of water out the water drain out pipe :-( You know how wonderful old house plumbing is! Sorted through some more of the notorious cleaning supplies looking for duplicates, half empties that haven't been used for some time, and just downright no longer useful items. Found two boxes each of large trash bags and small kitchen bags. Wonder how that happened? LOL Also found three packages of scrub sponges...each one had only one removed. Wonder how that happened? LOL So I am on a roll...guess I need to go to the de-cluttering forum and sign in :-) It started raining about 2pm this afternoon so I had to close my kitchen window. It was so nice to open it these past two days. The wind was blowing the rain in, otherwise I would have left it open longer since it's right in front of my sink and I love feeling the fresh air when I'm washing dishes etc. Oh well...we needed the rain for sure!!!! Abby's being a pistol because she can't stay out in her yard by herself...and least not for awhile. She dug 3 or 4 holes in the yard (not under the fence etc.) so when she goes out we stay with her or she has to go into her kennel. We know it's boredom but there's just nothing we can do about it right now. We frisbee her when we can. Now that I'm feeling a bit better I'll probably try to get a walk in with her...IF I can find her command collar. I can't handle her with just her canvas-type collar. Her chest is about as big as mine and she's got 85# to back it up and knows it! Anyway; life is slowly getting back to normal...hectic! LOL

What do you sell on ebay?

We sell clothes. Easy to package and don't break! We print our own postage to save time and money--through ebay, not on our own. LOL We hit yard sales, thrift shops, estate sales or auctions. Sometimes we get clothes still with the tags on them! It was something we started trying when DH got disabled because he can do this. We have learned (mostly) what sells and what doesn't brand wise. And I do love the yard sales!

Today, I just listed and cooked dinner. A good day and almost bed time now. I have to walk to work tomorrow -a little over a mile. Not too bad and I can always use the extra steps on my fitbit!

The exciting thing I did today was to order a better flash, stroboframe and off shoe cord for my camera. I haven't shot anything but landscape (and cows) for a long time. Really looking forward to shooting people again! So to speak, anyway! I think I will be doing more photography again when we get to FL!

Had some green bell peppers so I chopped them up and vacuum sealed them in one of my VaccuCraft cannisters, and decided to go ahead and re-hydrate some onions, mixed bell peppers and garlic. They're in my frig now ready for me to add them to ??? Other than that, not much going on around here. Abby-girl's snoozing. Everything pretty quiet :-)

post-9087-0-41285500-1457549494_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-22222100-1457549532_thumb.jpg

I dumped off some stuff off at the Salvation Army today. Note to self, “Don’t go out between 3:00 and 4:00.” School busses! Everywhere. They stop at every house too. When I was a kid, we walked.

I started up the tractor aka lawn mower. I'm glad I kept starting it up this winter. At least now I know I can get the lawn mowed this spring before it gets knee high.

I got the #$%^ fence panel up off of the ground and resting against the post. It is soooo heavy. I went out at 2:00am and did it so I wouldn't make a bigger fool of myself in broad daylight. I wasn't sure I could lift it. A puff of wind and it will be back down but at least I'm keeping the city away. I’m sure my back will be yelling later tonight and tomorrow. Sometimes I think owning a home isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I think I need a nap. “Someone” is grumpy.

Started another batch of sprouts. Couldn't find my big sprouting jar so had to settle for the four-tray one. Either way, we'll have some more sprouts for sandwiches in a few days. Way behind on sprouting :-( Also made a quick batch of "peasant" bread...just flour, yeast & salt in a round loaf. We like it for supper and breakfast meals. Washed up some of my electrical appliances and put them back under the kitchen counter along with a big tote full of my cast iron skillets etc. Still sorting, cleaning and pitching. Going to mount a puck light so I can have light under there at a push of a button :-) The wood is so dark it's almost impossible to see anything once it's put in there :-( MrWE2 caved to son's request to be chauffeaur after having rotorcuff surgery is this morning. I'm hard-nosed after all the verbal attacks made about us, and wasn't about to "help him out". But MrWE2 went ahead and took his lunch hour, picked him up from hospital, made the pharmacy run and then carried his stuff upstairs to the apartment. We still need to go pick up his car and get it home but we'll do that "when we get around to it".

Poor Jeeper's back. Hands her a heating pad and some nice lavender for a soak.

At two A.M. ....so...you were trying to increase your neighborly image .......???

:darth duck: ....yes, I'm UNPREDICTABLE and possibly INVINCIBLE [see me lift this stupid fence!}...... so DON'T MESS WITH ME! :blink:

MtRider :lol: I kinda have done "image" a few times myself..... {not always on purpose!} :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I'm a night owl so it isn't unusual for me to be up at that hour. I had it all planned out so no one could see in case it was a failed attempt. I knew the neighbors would be in bed. I just might go out there and knock it back down so I can show the neighborhood who not to mess with! :grinning-smiley-044:

It was a real struggle. Those board fence panels are heavy! It is kind of funny...NOW...but as soon as I got it up to about my shoulders the tie with a metal dangly thing on the waist part of my jacket got caught between two of the boards on top and for a few seconds I was really stuck. The top is like a picket fence. I wasn't sure what to do. If I let it back to the ground I know I'd never get it back up again. And I was afraid if I just let it fall back down to earth the drawstring that was caught in it would drag me down. And I was so close. I was finally able to back up a little and rest it on my chest just long enough to get the drawstring out. Which is why I waited until "normal people" would be in bed. I'm just glad no one had one of those motion sensor lights to come on. Too bad the police didn't drive by and bust me for trying to break into my own yard...I could have used the help.

Between yesterday afternoon and this morning, we had over 10" rain! Rain guage overflowed twice and dumped. Supposed to rain a bit more today. Brother in law can only get out of driveway on tractor! Our road is flooded all around his house! Going to work this morning but don't go near flooded area. BIL says at least 13" rain.

Hope you all have a good and dry day!!!

Finally got to go grocery shopping. I've been stacking and storing a years worth of food for the last 3 days. Hopefully, it will last until we are able to shop again. The hardest part was the sticker shock. Seeing how much more things cost from the last time. Worst yet, things cost more and the packages are smaller. I honestly did not think it was that obvious, a few cents or an half ounce, but some of the things were actually half the size and twice the price, compared to what we had left on our shelves. Ugh!

Oh, those of you in the "know", I got a block of yeast instead of the small packages. How do I store it to keep it usable for the longest possible time?

Stay safe everyone. And Miki, you can send some of that rain here. LOL We are in the 80's and still breaking records. :knary:

Would love to send rain yoiur way, Ann! A culvert collapsed on the main road into town so we will have to divert for the next several months. Have to get to work. We are fine, but the chickens are soggy! Have a great day folks!

Uh oh.....poor Jeepers.

DH has been battling a disc problem that came from no where he can remember. So....guess who's the heavy-lifter right now? :(

MtRider ....lots of rest and no more SuperWoman...under cover of darkness or not. :grinning-smiley-044:

Annarchy, we buy the blocks of yeast. Put them in the freezer. Then pour some into a jar to keep in the fridge upstairs for use. Seems to work well.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Exactly what I do. But...I think if they're vacuum sealed in the mylar-type bricks, they'd last a LONG time just in a well sealed bucket. That's also how I buy my extended pantry coffee...in bricks.

Rained most all day today but we enjoy "playing in the rain"! Even took a drive to the state park and MrWE2 took Abby-girl for a "wet" walk! LOL Dried her off but she still smelled like "wet dog" for a bit :-) Got three neat 40% discount coupons for one item only, at the new Hobby Lobby that went in near us...Yeh!!!!! So MrWE2 took some of his hotel wages and we made one trip this morning and I was able to buy my much desired crochet hooks with the large handles. I found a neat little set of "hooks" that fit into the large handle by pushing them in and screwing the ring to tighten them. Wonderful! We then took an afternoon trip to the plain people store and picked up a small bag of spelt berries, some more wheat berries, and several other items to re-stock our refrigerator and freezer. Then this evening MrWE2 took one coupon and I took one and I bought a large 1x3 (or so) sheet of perafin wax, some of the foam-like handles to go on my existing crochet needles and a jar of pure shea butter...saved $20! MrWE2 bought some of the parafin wax and some wicking supplies to make some candles and he saved about the same amount. I could absolutely get lost in one of their stores. I'd love to buy some yarn there but it's a bit pricey for just making wrist warmers and house slippers :( When I get ready to do some actual clothing items I'll buy the good stuff :-) So...needless to say, my neat clear kitchen counter? It's full of plastic bags of goods that I'll need to put away ... tomorrow! We have to go to some like-minded friends of ours in the morning to take a peek at the way they built their cold frame right over their actual garden area and will just lift it up and move it when their plants are past frost danger. They've already go lettuce, spinach, radishes, tomatoes, green peppers etc., popping up throught their ground :-) We've resigned ourself that we'll have to keep the raised beds one more year. We'll put compost and top soil in them (after we've cleared them out) and also put the leaves down on the new new wood chip garden area and the top it with compost and top soil. We're still excited that we'll get a nice big garden this year :-) Already got my compost bin "started" so I'll shred some newspapers into it, add some more moisture and then see if I can find some red wiggler worms at WM (in the fishing section) to put in to do what they do! LOL The compost area in the corner of the yard won't be ready til next year I'm thinking. We can't put anything out there because of son's dogs :-( We have already notified him that we'll be fencing off the whole yard & garden and he'll have a "run" for his two dogs and if he doesn't pick up their "stuff" he can sit in his chair on the back patio and inhale! He thinks because he sets the mower blade down low he can "spin" the stuff and it won't make a difference in the big yard/garden area. We told him ... "you don't understand! We don't want our garden or yard fertilized with dog poo and we don't want to feel like we're walking on it!" We're probably going to go ahead and rent this place to him (when it's ready to rent) IF he can pay the amount of rent we'll get from anybody else. Two bedrooms (could be 3), washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, fenced back yard, carport, central air and heat. Won't have a bit of trouble renting it to good renters because we'll check their references with our local landlord association as well as pay the $20 or so to have their credit checked and they'll make a healthy damage deposit. Just the fact that we'll allow pets puts us ahead. We'll not have carpeting so we feel we can let them have their pet. If they want a rug they can buy one! Boy...guess I'm windy tonight...but what's new! LOL

Edited by The WE2's

Thank you very much for the info on yeast. I was concerned, because it is alive, that freezing would kill it.

Not much else going on, taking it easy today and resting. House cleaning yesterday wiped me out. Need to rest because DH wants to go fishing tomorrow. He got me 2 new Shakespeare fishing poles and reels for $9.00!