MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Got the household stuff done, then baked another loaf of bread and a put together an apple-type cake. I just mix up a yellow cake then dump clumps of pie filling all over the top and then bake it :-) Lazy! We're going through a lot more bread these days with MrWE2 working and taking his lunch. Now that winter is pretty much over he prefers not to take a thermos of soup etc. Put a nice sized pork butt roast in my cast iron "bean pot" early this afternoon and cooked it after all the baking was done. Then added some 'taters and carrots. Just can't beat baking for 3 or 4 hours in a cast iron covered pot! LOL Did get the bed linens washed and dried. I'll change things out tomorrow. I really wrestle trying to do it myself, but ... that's what I have to do if MrWE2 isn't home to help :-( Also changed out Abby-girl's "blankie" :-) Then...took some time for ME! Curled my hair, trimmed my finger nails and then I actually pulled out the clear polish and polished them! I wear my nails short (I wear them down mostly!) but thought I'd pamper them. Haven't painted them in several years :-) I'd paint Abby-girl nails a pretty color if she'd hold still and not chew it off! :24: Forecasting some rain tonight, probably after midnight. Hopefully it will only be rain because thunder and lightening walkes me up. MrWE2 usually sleeps right though it :-)

Now I want to paint my nails! Haven't done it in about 15 years. I used to go to Merle Norman's and take Stevie Rae, my schnauzer. We would both get our nails done! She was quite special and loved all the attention!

Now I want to paint my nails! Haven't done it in about 15 years. I used to go to Merle Norman's and take Stevie Rae, my schnauzer. We would both get our nails done! She was quite special and loved all the attention!

Go for it girl!

:runcirclsmiley2::gaah::motz_6::banghead:

Forgot the cast iron fry pan on the burner again.....where I set them to dry thoroughly after washing. I have JUST BEGUN to get the 'season' back from the LAST TIME I did this. How can I work with this brain of mine??? :motz_6::gaah::shakinghead::groooansmileyf:

Hiding in the bedroom while the rest of the house has doors wide open and fans blowing to let out the STENCH ....which my lungs won't tolerate.....and of course all the HEAT goes out with it. :frozen: It is no longer 72 degrees. More like 32 degrees. :frozen:

:sigh:

MtRider .....and my computer sounds like it's going to blow up......LOUD GROWLS....FAST WINDING.... :behindsofa::smiley_shitfan:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Just finished mixing up another batch of yogurt...and I'm using my wonder oven this time. What the hey...if it works I've got a pretty nifty way to do yogurt :-) I figure if I can put a pot of hot food in my WO and in 8--10 hours it's cooked, why not yogurt? If it doesn't work? Well, I'm out some pantry supplies; milk, non-fat powdered milk, sugar, vanilla, suregel and a small container of yogurt. If it does work; I've got about 3 pints quarts of homemade vanilla yogurt.

Edited by The WE2's

Dealing with yard issues and decluttering issues, but the contractor didn't show up Monday. Or Tuesday or Wednesday. Or Today. :shrug:

It's been a long time since we had any comparison of prices, quality, shipping, and all from the various retailers. Who has recently compared Bread Beckers, EE, Harmony House, or anyone else? :animal0017:

As long as it can keep the yogurt warm enough and not too warm.... :thumbs:

MtRider .....dog puked in the night. Everyone up for the clean up. Back to bed but sleep interrupted isn't as good. :imoksmiley:

"Non-interrupted sleep"? What is that! :D

Sitting all afternoon/evening in the ER with DH. Dinner was a quick trip to McD's. We have to wait another two hours for tests to come back then we can go home (or he has to spend the night).

Yesterday I got a rusted cast iron griddle for $5, and was cleaning it when DH's chest began to hurt. Hopefully all will be well and so will the griddle I left in the sink.

Grrr has been puking too. We've been giving him ground beef and rice to calm his tummy. Seems to be working. We also got him a new bag of food, JIC.

Transitioning Koa to rice/egg/some kibble. Transition going smoothly. Hope Grrr does well.

And MrAnnarchy.....

Heavenly Father...look down upon a certain ER this day and assist the docs to see what they need to see. Calm the Annarchys as they go thru this scary event. :pray: Oh...and keep Annarchy from getting sick eatin' at McD's..... :unsure:

MtRider :amen:

DH's tests came back and they said his heart is releasing a chemical that indicates he may have had a heart attack, then, they admitted him "for the night" to continue to monitor him and do more tests. I came home to take care of the animals, shower and get him some clean clothes.

My emotions are all over the place, trying to keep a stiff upper lip and be strong for him. Had to cancel an appointment he has for tomorrow.

:sigh:

Thank you MtRider for the prayers....

Spent the day shopping :-( With MrWE2 still working all week we only have the w/e to take care of our pantry. A local store was having a humongous sale on canned green beans (3 or a $1), yoplait yogurt (10 for $5), ketchip (10 for $10), speghetti sauce (10 for $10), sausage chubs (10 for $10) so we did some mixing and matching and got a few of each...except the green beans and yogurt. Bought 4 cases of the green beans (all three of us eat them like crazy) and 20 of the yogurts since we eat one each just about every morning. And no..my yogurt didn't turn out. WAY to sweet and runny again :-( Today I bought some of the higher priced plain yogurt and another quart of milk. I'll give it a try ... but not for a while. Sort of discouraged right now :-( I think I'll just find myself a simple yogurt recipe where you wrap the jar in a towel and hide it over night.

Sounds like you got some sweet deals today We2 :bow:

I ran some errands today and went to the post office and picked up some boxes to mail off some baby clothes. I've bought all the clothes I'm going to...I think. Got lots of little gowns and sleepers. Plus some little socks, hats, shirts, hooded towels and onsies etc. :wub:

I'm going to get a swing, car seat, play gym thingy and D-ex is going to get a bed and dressing table and blankets and stuff. If no one else gets them a stroller and highchair then one of us will. They won't have to worry about anything for awhile. When son moved back to Indy he felt like he was starting over with his job and all. Actually he is. So he was feeling the stre$$. Next week I'm going to fill up a small box with baby supplies like corn starch, shampoo, nail clippers, lotion and that kind of stuff. Tax refund check came in at just the right time!

Then I went to The Old Time Pottery and got a really big salad dressing type bottle. The kind with a spout. I've got some glass etching liquid and I'm going to etch "soap" on it and use it for my dish washing liquid. At least that's the plan. I've never done it before. My other plastic dispenser leaked.

I also went to the license bureau and got the new sticker for the Jeep. They aren't due until June so I'm feeling kinda smug that I didn't wait until the last minute as usual. :pout:

Annarchy I hope his results come back good. I have been through that with DH many times. Often the enzymes take a long time to show up.

I am spending most of the day online. I was so busy last week that I couldn't get on. I even made myself do our taxes before I came here to MrsS! LOL