MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Tub/showers are relaxing. Did a soak tonight too.

Visiting Angels came and MIL liked them. She signed up for their services. I encouraged them to get involved with the COC and they seemed excited about it. They called later for more info and MIL said she would take care of it after I go home.

Went out for lunch/dinner and they burned Mom's meat so I gave her mine.

Time to get some sleep, she wants to see Zootopia and go to Golden Corral tomorrow because she can't eat meat on Good Friday.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Breakfast served...done. Dishes etc....done. Vacuuming...done. Wet dust mopping...done. Tennis shoes washed and drying...done. Sourdough starter "fed" and on the counter, I left it in a jar last night so had a mess to clean up this morning. Transferred it into a medium sized plastic storage container with a press/seal button. this should give it plenty of room to "rise and fall" if it wants to. Put face scrub into magic bullet to blend smoother too! Went ahead and washed a load of whites...MrWE2's painter pants are always an item since working at the hotel. They're in the dryer so I'll fold later. Now...guess I'll work on the weaving I've been doing on my portable loom. Sure is time consuming but I think it will be a pretty square. Got a call from a friend who made a visit to his grand daughter and took the little purple wrist warmers I made for her. They were all very pleased :-)

ps...white clothing all folded and put away :-) Supper was leftover speghetti with a new batch of garlic toast :-) After we took Abby to the dog park. She met two more new friends and they played ball! Oh my was that a treat for her! It would be nice if we had moving pictures here!

Edited by The WE2's

Worked like a maniac today! Why? Spring fever? Don't know...just felt good and did it! Got all the laundry washed, dried and put away. Got the rug vacuumed, the vinyl swept and damp mopped, changed Abby's bedding & put her soiled blanky in the wash & it's dried. Baked some cinnamon rolls using my homemade sourdough starter! I'm sure it will get better as it ages. I have a pint jar in the frig and will either use it or refresh it next week. Fixed up a banana cream pie. Enjoying the 7-grain bread I made. I make it in my small dutch oven (bean pot?) and then we cut off the sides to square it up...love those side pieces! LOL Then went to the Homestead and removed nearly all of the livingroom carpet & padding. Will call the lady when we get the other last strip out...but that will be a few days. Got furniture on it right now and we'll want to remove all the tack strips and check for staples before we move the furniture over on to the wood flooring.

post-9087-0-56915200-1459217295_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-21684200-1459217308_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-39191900-1459217319_thumb.jpg

Ohhhhh, yummy! Spring fever is one 'illness' I'm still waiting to catch. I can feel it coming on though. I hope it's a bad case. :D

My problem is my sleep pattern again. I'm sleeping well but my days and nights are mixed up again. Such is the life of a night owl. I think when I was born my clock said 12:00 midnight when everyone else's said 12:00 noon. I don't do 'house' work well when it's dark outside. My body is raring to go but my brain says no. I have some errands to run and shopping to do but those places aren't open at 3:00 am. I could take some Ambien and get it straightened out but I only take them if I'm desperately sleep deprived, which I'm not right now. Just another vicious cycle.

I know what you mean, Jeepers. I'm currently [post-family visit] falling completely apart at about 10pm. Suddenly ache all over. Can't think straight. Massive sleepy/yawns. Joints not functioning.

Ahem....think I might have overdone things...just a teensie bit? :faint3:

So I'm going to bed/sleep FAR earlier than normal for me. Good news....it's more normal for most people tho. :rolleyes:

Resting is what I'm mostly doing. But I'm also doing all the chores cuz DH's back is so bad. It's slowly improving so he's outside doing a therapeutic walk for his back...with the dog, of course. One less thing I'm doing this morning. I'd best get moving and do the rest of the critters...

MtRider :imoksmiley: This too shall pass... and good times during the visit are worth it! :wub:

Glad you had such a good visit. Sometimes it's worth it to over do it a little every now and then.

I got all of my errands run today and brought home a big salad that will get me through lunch and supper. At the library they had a couple of big patches of daffodils and jonquils. They were beautiful.

I finally got 2 nights in a row of good restful sleep. It feels great! I did 5 loads of wash today and it felt good to catch up some. I also fixed DH a big pan of lasagna and put some in the freezer for the next time he gets a craving. I can't eat the carbs in it! Spring is just beautiful.

Indention check...lol

Pretty much played hooky today. Did get the scanner programmed for the police frequency today. We have our NOAA weather alert radio and it notifies us of bad stuff a long, long way before it gets to our county and that's the way we like it :-) The police frequency keeps us alerted to things in our city/county that might cause us problems. Watched Women's College softball playoffs (youtube) from 2015 yesterday and yesterday. Don't get to watch it live any more (no cable) but it's still exciting because I didn't get to watch it last year! Then this evening we watched another episode of Airwolf (hulu free). Also watched episode 1 of Dancing With The Stars. Won't get to watch the next one until after this week is over :-( Play a little fetch with Abby-girl this afternoon. A lot of wind popped up about 3:30 pm this afternoon and blew MrWE2's sawhorses over making quite a bit of noise, but it didn't last very long. Just blew on through! Planning to make a day trip to Jacob's Cave Meadowlands this Saturday. Can't go Friday because MrWE2's still working at the hotel.

Edited by The WE2's

Took the T-posts over to the Homestead and got them unloaded. Son tried every thing he could to get us to give him a bigger space, but we were firm on the area he'll have for his dogs. Also started in again about him mowing and "cutting up all the dog poo"...and I got sort of "in his face" and said "I have no intentions of fertilizing my garden/food with your dog poo (I admit..I used the s word)!" I think he got my message :-) Put the new tags on the travel trailer. They'll be good until 2018. Baked another loaf of bread. With MrWE2 taking his lunch we go through alot more bread. Also put together some little carrot cake/cookies. Stuck a couple into the bowls of fruit we had for dessert tonight. Still trying to clear out our frig freezer and the deep freeze. I really don't want to do any canning again until we harvest the garden. Bought some jars and lids last week and just put them away for that process.

Sounds like you are making progress We2's.

The powers that be, are beginning to stock the river with trout, starting tomorrow. So, we are going to take Grrr for a day out and fish. :hapydancsmil:

That will be the last time for about a week we will be able to get out of town, without having to drive 60 miles out of our way. Country Thunder starts Thursday. The traffic is intensely horrible and it clogs the main road in and out of our town. All it is, is a big drunk fest in the desert. Even though it is over 10 miles away, we actually can hear the music here at the house. Ironically, it does not bring any extra money into town. The event has vendors that provide all the 'necessities' and most people are not allowed to leave once they have a camp site. (Really!?)

The town even had a pre-Contry Thunder party yesterday. The music downtown was so loud at our house, you could hear it inside, with the TV on. :groooansmileyf: They fenced off all the cross roads, and had cops/security charging people who intended to drink. No ice chests were allowed and no food or drinks were allowed through the gates. :shakinghead: Just getting to the local market was crazy, because all the cars taking up any parking space within a mile radius.

Today, I raked the compost over the garden as best I could. Moved all empty planters to shed. Pulled up old collards and mustards. Trying to get ready to till. I think we will be here most of the summer so I will do a little garden. Tomatoes (goliath, beefsteak and cherokee purple), jalapenos, two types of watermelons and red potatoes. A lot more than I thought I would be doing!

Bought another shelf for ebay clothes. Heavy duty but plastic so we can take them with us. Listed more items. Almost have 250!

Made macaroni salad and pink fluff yeaterday. Grilled chicken and burgers today and made cole slaw. Hopefully no more cooking for a few days since it's just the two of us and I still cook like for an army. LOL

Still waiting for word from VA. They said 4-6 months so that would put us about August or Sept. Hence my garden!

We've had a FULL two days! Went to the Jacobs Cave Meadowland Swap Meet (the spring venue...they have summer and fall also) and walked almost all of the 23 acres before the vendors started shutting down at 5pm. Boy did we find some goodies this year! We all three carried our back packs (yes, even Abby-girl carries her backpack with her water, food & poo bags) and I always take my walking stick. Helps me keep my balance, especially when walking up or down hills. MrWE2 has been looking for a hand drill and a hand grinder and he found both in excellent condition and didn't have to pay antique prices! Yippee! Also found myself an electric meat/food grinder for $8! I a manual one but wanted an electric one too. Also picked up some fish hooks, two pairs of "hot gloves", another little "thing" for running birds off with some things to go with it :-) Stopped by $Tree today on our way out of town to pick up some emery boards, both fiber and metal types. Then just went ahead and picked up some more cotton balls, cotton swabs, some sun screen and some clear nail polish. I've found I can write on my jars with magic marker and then paint over the writing with clear nail polish and it stays until I use polish remover :-) Went to the Roost and got the mowing done and then made a quick trip to the park for Abby-girl to have a game of frisbee. When that was done, we bee-lined it back to the Homestead to meet the lady who raises dogs so she could pick up the last of the carpet ... yes! We got it ALL out! We thought she raised Dane's but we were wrong. She raises St.Bernards. The one she had in the back of her truck was HUGE!!!! But it stayed in the back while all the carpeting was loaded. While waiting for her to arrive, MrWE2 was able to pull nails out of a couple of pallets that he was given that were in excellent shape. They were made of 2x4's and near new. So they're safely in the man-garage. We plan to use them (and more) to build rabbit cages and/or a chicken tractor. Came home, ate, and now we're kicked back to relax. Man did these muscles and bones scream at us yesterday when we got home and then again this evening after mowing & removing carpet etc. But...what better way to keep things limbered up! LOL Most people just don't understand the WE2's but it's really very simple...we love keeping active! Tomorrow evening MrWE2 will have to mow this place after he goes "picking" in Abby-girl's yard :-(

Resting. Looking stuff up. DD is showing signs of teething again, so I'm not wearing myself down in anticipation of the upcoming lack of sleep.

I made a list of things I'd like to buy or do before summer. I have that "feeling" like I usually get in the fall. Our biggest prep thing to do would be to move before SHTF, but since that's unlikely this year, I'm working on what we can tackle. My current search is looking for a wringer for laundry. I've done laundry by hand before and have washboards and one of those breathing plunger things. I know a wringer would be very useful!

I went to the outlet mall today. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'd guess that almost half of the stores were empty. Fortunately the 3 stores I wanted to go to were still there. I went to the Corelle dishes store looking for a specific plate. They didn't have it and they are discontinued so I'm probably out of luck. I have 8 but wanted 12. I really like those plates a lot. They are about 8 1/2 inches (I think) and have a raised edge around them. Good for soups and spaghetti etc. Sigh. But I did add to some of the other dishes I have. They were all buy 3 and get the 4th. one for free. Mix or match. Figured I'd get them while I still could and on sale too. I don't know why they discontinued them because they are very generic. Plain beige. Easy to match up with other dishes. I'm gonna check on line.

Also went to Carter's baby clothes store. I'm not sure they were cheaper but I was going to buy the stuff on line anyway so now I don't have to wait to get some things boxed up and sent.

Speaking of price, I looked at the 23 qt. Presto canner at the Kitchen Store at the outlet mall for a friend. Just pricing. At Bed Bath and Beyond they are $119.00. At the outlet mall they were $119.00. At Amazon they are $84.00 with free shipping and I THINK no tax. So much for lower prices at the outlet malls. I'm glad I went but probably won't go back there.

Laundry, and washed up my new-to-me grinder and not I've got four neat little packages of ground pork that I'll be able to make sausage of different flavors...or on pizza etc. When I got to Abby-girl's lunch I thought "I'll dribble a bit of my homemade yogurt on her kibbles"...what a surprise! It had thickened! Not like I'd like but sure thicker than it was! Oh...did she like it? Whatcha think! LOL Pulled a couple bags of frozen eggs out of the deep freeze and they're in the frig thawing. I want to do some baking tomorrow and I'm gonna give them a try :-) Didn't get around to my usual vacuuming & sweeping etc., cause I got caught up in grinding the meat and then taking Abby-girl for a brisk walk. It was such a lovely day and it really did us both good.

I went to the outlet mall today. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'd guess that almost half of the stores were empty. Fortunately the 3 stores I wanted to go to were still there. I went to the Corelle dishes store looking for a specific plate. They didn't have it and they are discontinued so I'm probably out of luck. I have 8 but wanted 12. I really like those plates a lot. They are about 8 1/2 inches (I think) and have a raised edge around them. Good for soups and spaghetti etc. Sigh. But I did add to some of the other dishes I have. They were all buy 3 and get the 4th. one for free. Mix or match. Figured I'd get them while I still could and on sale too. I don't know why they discontinued them because they are very generic. Plain beige. Easy to match up with other dishes. I'm gonna check on line.

Also went to Carter's baby clothes store. I'm not sure they were cheaper but I was going to buy the stuff on line anyway so now I don't have to wait to get some things boxed up and sent.

Speaking of price, I looked at the 23 qt. Presto canner at the Kitchen Store at the outlet mall for a friend. Just pricing. At Bed Bath and Beyond they are $119.00. At the outlet mall they were $119.00. At Amazon they are $84.00 with free shipping and I THINK no tax. So much for lower prices at the outlet malls. I'm glad I went but probably won't go back there.

Jeepers, have you looked on ebay or goodwill.com for your plates?

Thanks Miki! I don't do Ebay but I did check. No luck. I didn't know about Goodwill's site but I just checked there and they didn't have any. Amazon has the pattern but not the plate. I even went to the Corelle site and they didn't have any either. I'm still searching. I did find one place that had them but they were sold out. They are sort of like a small pie pan but not as deep. They are really great for keeping stuff on the plate. If I get desperate, the outlet store has them in white.

It isn't really quite as deep as the picture looks.

post-2492-0-35964400-1459832021_thumb.jpg

Jeepers, tell me the "non" pattern name of your dishes. I will look here for you. There are a lot of Corelle dishes on Mark down and Canadian pieces might give you a better buy with our crappy exchange rates. Beige rimmed soup bowl right?

Jeepers, tell me the "non" pattern name of your dishes. I will look here for you. There are a lot of Corelle dishes on Mark down and Canadian pieces might give you a better buy with our crappy exchange rates. Beige rimmed soup bowl right?

Edited by lovinit

Thanks lovinit! The name of them is "Sandstone". I think they call them a pasta bowl although they are more plate than bowl. I call them a soup plate. Kinda like how a spork is a cross between a spoon and a fork. These are a plowl I guess. :icon19:

I know of one more sort of local outlet mall that has a Corelle store.

Edited: Forgot to add they are 8 1/2 inches across.

Edited by Jeepers

Filled out some bank forms to prequalify for a mortgage loan. We may have to secure a loan on a place in Wisconsin before our Indiana home sells. We're not to sure if we're excited about moving again, even though it's back to where we came from when we hit the mission field. Moving 6 times in 13 years has gotten quite old, but we've loved every place we laid our pillows and teddy bears, especially overseas. I'm also leaving behind large gardens at each place. I should be getting good at breaking new ground by now. :hapydancsmil:

Filled out some bank forms to prequalify for a mortgage loan. We may have to secure a loan on a place in Wisconsin before our Indiana home sells. We're not to sure if we're excited about moving again, even though it's back to where we came from when we hit the mission field. Moving 6 times in 13 years has gotten quite old, but we've loved every place we laid our pillows and teddy bears, especially overseas. I'm also leaving behind large gardens at each place. I should be getting good at breaking new ground by now. :hapydancsmil:

:thumbs: