1 confirmed San Antonio, TX US

1 confirmed Seattle, WA US

1 confirmed Tempe, AZ US

Total US 57 

February 25, 8:13 p.m. Eastern update.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be climbing in the US, china and S. Korea and some of the bigger countries as well. Guess it's time to get it together. I really don't have the energy for all this but am working on what I really need should we be staying in house for at least 30 days.

• Like 1

Tell her to get a thirty to sixty day day supply of ferret food, if that's all she's up for.  It's better than seeing her go out for pet food at the worst possible time and bring contagion home.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ambergris said:

Tell her to get a thirty to sixty day day supply of ferret food, if that's all she's up for.  It's better than seeing her go out for pet food at the worst possible time and bring contagion home.

So true. But those ferrets stink.  I already know my grandson will be knocking on my door if she doesn't go to store. I think her DH is about to knock some sense into her.  Like I said they have a camper. Pull into driveway and there you go. quarantine room. 

8 hours ago, Littlesister said:

shoe covers

I think they're available at medical supply stores.  Lots of Realtor's use them also.  Many moons ago, my first husband worked at a turkey farm.  They had these square looking rubber "pans" full of bleach (disinfectant?) water that all employees had to step into (wore rubber boots) before entering the building and again when leaving the building. We have a large square pan that we have set aside for just such uses.  You can find them where they sell water heaters and washers.  They set them under the appliances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 deaths  Iran

10 deaths  Italy

10 deaths  South Korea

3 deaths "Diamond Princess" cruise ship Others

1 deaths  France

1 deaths  Japan

1 deaths  Philippines

February 25, 9:03 p.m. Eastern update

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

care package

I'm not that generous!  I've forwarded articles and videos to a friend of mine and she says she's "praying".  Step mum says she's working on getting a 30 days emergency pantry set up.  I've done without a lot to put back what we have...and I don't intend to let some lazy bone come asking!  I gave one some of my medicinal preps when she had the flu...and she says she's "Praying"...no more.

• Sad 2

Watched a video by Ice Age Farmer ... and a video from the CDC that popped up on FB.  We're preparing just like we would for any highly contagious flu...stay home, keep necessary supplies and wait this thing out.  Hubby has been threatened that when he has to go to any of the building supply businesses...he's to not touch anything he doesn't have to, to stand back from others that are waiting in line, and to use the hand wipes as soon as he gets into his truck.  I've been staying inside the past couple of days but both of us are doing a lot of hand washing and using a medicated hand cream.  I don't know how accurate the info is...may just be tin foil hat stuff...but one fella we know says that the gal that's giving CDC info is a sister of Rosenstein and that all of this is a maneuver to try and take our President down.  Even Limbaugh says it.  Much prayer for our prez! May he surround himself with people who know medicine!

• Sad 2

Daughter not lazy. She just got tired of picky eaters. This one doesn't like that or that one doesn't like this. She used to put veggies on DH' s plate when the kids were little and dare him not to eat it.  She should have made all 4 of them sit down and eat what was put in front of them at a very early age. Though when my grandson came over, I never had a problem. I just cooked a fish dinner and he couldn't get enough of it. Have you ever heard of a two year old that loves sardines, or a 5 year old that loves oysters.  Daughter couldn't figure that out and I kept telling her seafood is the way to go. That they will eat. So she doesn't cook anymore. Grandson is 18 and middle granddaughter is 24 and still lives at home, but work and college is keeping her away right now. She as well as her father will be hitting the stores. I worry about her as she is a scribe in the ER. Going to school to be a nurse practitioner. Starts medial school in the fall. The oldest one is on her way to Washington state as her DH is naval hospital and they got transferred there. Worried about them as well as he has to go to school for a year in CA. She will be staying in Washington state. He will be on base for that year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

WE2 I also am about as ready as can be. With DH's health issues, I did decide to get the suits. we have lots of N95 mask that I have had stored in the closet for a few years.. The suits were a 6 pack for about 65.00. Had enough points that I was able to get them for half that. So used the points from Amazon.  Not going to use them unless something happens that we must leave house for a doctor or ER. praying it doesn't come to that. Got lots of gloves. So hoping we should be good. We just filled all our RX's for 3 months. So unless I pay out of pocket, 3 months is it. Hoping this won't last that long but China has been add it since December 1st when the first patient showed up with it. So it has already been 3 months for them and they still are growing in numbers last I heard. 

My prayer is that everyone will be safe from this virus and everyone will be well prepared before we are forced to stay put. 

I have heard rumors that we are suppose to tape up and use plastic on windows. Not so sure that would be necessary. Not going that far. We are in a neighborhood but the houses are not that close together. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

WE2 I also am about as ready as can be. With DH's health issues, I did decide to get the suits. we have lots of N95 mask that I have had stored in the closet for a few years.. The suits were a 6 pack for about 65.00. Had enough points that I was able to get them for half that. So used the points from Amazon.  Not going to use them unless something happens that we must leave house for a doctor or ER. praying it doesn't come to that. Got lots of gloves. So hoping we should be good. We just filled all our RX's for 3 months. So unless I pay out of pocket, 3 months is it. Hoping this won't last that long but China has been add it since December 1st when the first patient showed up with it. So it has already been 3 months for them and they still are growing in numbers last I heard. 

My prayer is that everyone will be safe from this virus and everyone will be well prepared before we are forced to stay put. 

I have heard rumors that we are suppose to tape up and use plastic on windows. Not so sure that would be necessary. Not going that far. We are in a neighborhood but the houses are not that close together. 

We also are in a neighborhood but it's what they call a "side street" and there's only 4 houses on our block...and we're on four of those lots.  One across the street is on 3 lots, the other two are on 2 lots.  The windows at the homestead are already sealed up with clear bubble wrap on the inside of the windows, flannel throw's tacked over that, and then moving blankets of that.  We did that a couple of years ago so we wouldn't have to heat so much since we weren't living there. If it get's really "evacuate" time, we'll head there regardless and find some way to pitch our bed! Probably have to drag the mattress in from our travel trailer! LOL

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The WE2's said:

We also are in a neighborhood but it's what they call a "side street" and there's only 4 houses on our block...and we're on four of those lots.  One across the street is on 3 lots, the other two are on 2 lots.  The windows at the homestead are already sealed up with clear bubble wrap on the inside of the windows, flannel throw's tacked over that, and then moving blankets of that.  We did that a couple of years ago so we wouldn't have to heat so much since we weren't living there. If it get's really "evacuate" time, we'll head there regardless and find some way to pitch our bed! Probably have to drag the mattress in from our travel trailer! LOL

We are on a corner lot. almost 1 acre. On our street in front are 3 houses on my side and 4 houses across street. On the side of us are several houses going down toward back of neighborhood. This neighborhood used to be farmland along with the neighborhood next to us. Our neighborhood is the oldest and on one mile of land. Next to us has a street that goes between our neighborhood and their neighborhood. That neighborhood is very large several acres of land. They cut through our neighborhood all the time. 

Seems like TODAY was a 'trigger' day.....spawned by reports from several places.  Most of those links from Dogmom and others.  I heard pretty early today and have been calculating all day.  :pray:  Praying too.

I reluctantly gave up the hope....or at least any expectation....that this was going to wait for springtime:frozen:  We snowed all day...even when it was sunny!   Never got much about 10*.  Already MINUS 5* right now 9pm.  :sigh:   If we're gonna do "pandemic quarantine"  :pray:  PLEASE keep the electric on!  :campfire:   Cuz I REALLLLY don't want to try to take out the electric pellet stove works and get the fireplace usable again.  I THINK we could do it.....I think...  Always has been our Plan F  [...for FIRE ]  Doubt the owners would be pleased but ....better than abandoning the place.  :shrug:  Not sure what to do about the chimney cap, etc.  :scratchhead:

So over in the LISTS thread, I started calculating which bills we needed to pay - and leave $ in the bank account to pay those via the phone.  Calculate which bills might wait until this is over.  Part of prepping this thing that I really didn't want to think about YET. 

Yanno....those that have seen a lot of my Without Warning UNreality scenarios.....   :sigh:  I got kinda startled when I realized that THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!  We've done so many scenarios thru the decades.  This is REAL! 

I'm going to say this now.  Know this friends  :grouphug:  ...that if Internet communication goes out at any time in this VERY REAL situation, I will always be praying for all of you...and your families!  

MtRider  :pray:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone! 

Well, I am glad that it wasn’t just me!! Today was hard. Today, it seems like this all just got REAL. :blink: Between the news articles and South Korea shooting above 1,100 cases, between the political ineptitude and the CDC’s extremely sobering telebriefing (if you haven’t heard it already, give it a listen here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/dpk/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus-2020.html

It’s Feb 25th’s)...my head was spinning. I can practically see the red lines spanning out from Italy and Iran as the virus travels from those outbreaks. I know that we already have cases in the United States — I don’t see how we could’ve, Europe and the U.S. are so interconnected now — it’s just a matter of time, a waiting game for people to become symptomatic and to start dying. It’s so scary. 

I went through my Excel spreadsheet today, putting in my final count for all of our preparations and determining where the homes are. We really need dog and cat food!! We need some other items as well, but overall we’re doing quite well. I want to stock more meat — with two hungry teens, it’s a must-have. 

Out of all this head spinning stress, there was one thing that made me VERY happy. My husband made the decision to cancel the trip that he and my son had planned to Greece. They were supposed to leave on March 5th, and I was sick with stress over it. I’m SO grateful that he decided this on his own, without me needing to get too involved and start a big fight. Thank God!!! :pray:

I hope that in the midst of all this chaos and uncertainty, you are all finding a measure of peace. May you be blessed with safety, health, and joy. 

• Like 6

I think it would be a great idea to have a section for when this does hit hard, that we can as long as we still have internet to just check in and say we are ok. Maybe at least once or twice a week for check in's. 

If we do loose the internet,  Like Mt. Rider said. We also will be praying for everyone here on this forum. None of us has ever been through anything like this and it is in God's hands. And above all, no matter what happens,  Keep your faith in God and don't loose hope. That hope is in God. 

Going to do a bit more research this evening after I get back from Church tonight. Will post what I learn tomorrow.

• Like 4

18 hours after last update:

1,261 confirmed South Korea

705 confirmed "Diamond Princess" cruise ship Others

401 confirmed Italy

178 confirmed Japan

139 confirmed Iran

42 confirmed Unassigned Location (From Diamond Princess) US

40 confirmed Thailand

26 confirmed Bahrain

26 confirmed Kuwait

22 confirmed Malaysia

19 confirmed Germany

18 confirmed France

16 confirmed Vietnam

13 confirmed UK

13 confirmed United Arab Emirates

12 confirmed Spain

7 confirmed From Diamond Princess Australia

7 confirmed British Columbia Canada

5 confirmed Queensland Australia

5 confirmed Toronto, ON Canada

5 confirmed Iraq

4 confirmed New South Wales Australia

4 confirmed Victoria Australia

4 confirmed Oman

3 confirmed Croatia

3 confirmed India

3 confirmed Philippines

2 confirmed South Australia Australia

2 confirmed Austria

2 confirmed Finland

2 confirmed Lebanon

2 confirmed Pakistan

2 confirmed Russia

2 confirmed Sweden

2 confirmed Chicago, IL US

2 confirmed San Benito, CA US

2 confirmed San Diego County, CA US

2 confirmed Santa Clara, CA US

1 confirmed Afghanistan

1 confirmed Algeria

1 confirmed Belgium

1 confirmed Brazil

1 confirmed Cambodia

1 confirmed London, ON Canada

1 confirmed Egypt

1 confirmed Georgia

1 confirmed Greece

1 confirmed Nepal

1 confirmed North Macedonia

1 confirmed Sri Lanka

1 confirmed Switzerland

1 confirmed Boston, MA US

1 confirmed Humboldt County, CA US

1 confirmed Los Angeles, CA US

1 confirmed Madison, WI US

1 confirmed Orange, CA US

1 confirmed Sacramento County, CA US

1 confirmed San Antonio, TX US

1 confirmed Seattle, WA US

1 confirmed Tempe, AZ US

US total is cited as 59.

February 26, 3 p.m. Eastern update

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

19 deaths  Iran

12 deaths  Italy

12 deaths  South Korea

4 deaths  "Diamond Princess" cruise ship Others

2 deaths  France

2 deaths  Japan

1 deaths  Philippines

February 26, 3 p.m. update.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Guest Joyfilled1
22 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I hope it is not from a country that is really dealing with this in a bad way. Just be prepared as you can. :pray: going out that your sister is ok.

Thank you!! She's coming from Mexico. I just wonder.... they quarantined a hotel with almost 1000 people in it due to the Coronavirus over 1 (now 2)case. I don't know what my sister would do.... 😣

Guest Joyfilled1

Very real for us here, too. Went to Walmart today, and no panic at all. Hubby thinks that change is in the air....maybe tomorrow? Maybe from what the president will say tonight? I dunno. He (DH), told me earlier this week that this might be the last "normal" week for a while. 

My sister is supposed to arrive next week.

May God be with us all.