MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you had Covid?

Dee

Just wondering how many at Mrs. S. have had the virus.  Was it a minor bout that you hardly knew you were sick.  Or was it tougher than that?  How long were you sick?  Did you end up in the hospital?

I had it in November.  My first sign was being so very tired.  The tiredness is finally pretty well gone but still today I might be as ambitious as heck and tomorrow sit in my chair and do nothing but read, be on the computer, etc.

For 2 weeks, says hubby, I don't really know, I went from my bed to my recliner and back.  I slept and drank 7-Up for those 2 weeks.  Never really sick or achy, like the flu, mostly just tired and slept.

Edited by Dee
  • Sad 2

I might have had it last January, but they weren't really testing back then unless you'd been traveling, etc.  If I did have it, DH with COPD never even got sick at all!

What you are describing sounds like what I had back in 2012.  Sickest I'd been since 1976.  Still don't know what I had.

• Sad 1

Pretty sure, although I tested negative.  Tested positive for Influenza A & B at the same time on April 4, after I had been sick a while, but I lost most of my sense of smell and taste, and only about half of it's come back since.  The nurses who saw me in early April and again some time later gave me prescription cough syrup, an in haler, and in the later visit a session with -- I forget what you call it, but I breathed the medication for X number of minutes--and another inhaler.  None of which I have ever been given with the flu.  I took to wearing my APAP machine when I lay around the house napping, because it made a lot of difference in my breathing.  As I recall, I could walk to the other end of the house, but I couldn't walk back; this lasted for more than a couple of months.  I was still having trouble walking further than the length of the house without stopping to rest in the middle of July, but I was doing a little better in August.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm not sure if I had it. I think I did. It was around January/February and before they recognized it as the Covid virus. I remember I had to go to the doctor for a UTI about a month later and I asked them if they had been seeing any patients with some sort of virus going around. They said no. So, it was before we knew what was going on. 

I had regular flu like symptoms that lasted a week or more. Headache and vomiting mostly. I also had the chills really bad. I could not get rid of the chills. Even after I was finally over the vomiting I would still get the chills. I slept A LOT. I later heard that a UTI was a result of the virus. I had to take two rounds of Cipro to get rid of it. The last round I had to take to take it for 10 days instead of the regular 5 days. I'm not prone to a UTI. It had been decades since I had had the last one. 

I also remember when I went in for the UTI culture the second time, I asked them if I needed to wear a mask. That was around February/March. They said, "No, why." I said, "Because of that Chinese virus going around." They sort of snickered at the thought and said it was my decision. That was the first time I ever wore a mask. No one in the office wore one but me. They sent me right to the hospital for a urinary tract scan and all the employees wore a mask there and the patients were social distanced. That UTI was a bad one with blood and tissue being passed. The second time I went in I had to get a pain shot that burned like crazy. The pain was so bad they suspected kidney stones. 

It has left me weak, off balance, very tired and lethargic. Even 10 months out. 

To encapsulate, I think I had it at the beginning of the year with headache, vomiting and chills. It lasted about 10 days and ended up with a UTI. Ten months out I still haven't regained all of my strength and stamina to the pre virus time. My balance is worse. I might have had body aches but if I did I would have figured it was from lying in the bed for so long. I did not have a cough like some people have though. I definitely had something viral but not sure what. 

• Sad 2

No, where I live in N.Ontario, Canada, there has been a handful of cases since it started last winter. However it has spiked to about 30 cases in our large area which includes 2 cities, and several smaller towns just in the past week. Ontario is in a lockdown and it is law to wear a mask in any public building since August. Our stores all have cart cleaning and lots of sanitation stations throughout the stores.

• Like 4

Neither myself nor my DH has had it. None of my family members have had it either. DH was tested twice before surgery and once when they readmitted him to hosp.  He was neg. all three times. No one in family has been sick. I think DH made up for all of us. Though that is CHF.  I will be setting rules for Christmas day as family comes to house though. They all must go to bathroom and wash their hands. I will not be playing around with this virus. Also there will be no double dipping from the containers of dips. I have single dip cups to put the dip in. Yes step daughter is special. She does what she wants and I will be watching her close. A sign will be on table by the dips. Do to Corona and DH's health, put your dip in the small cup or on your plate. NO DOUBLE DIPPING.  Small cups will be by the dips.  I am doing this because if DH gets that virus, he will not make it. So we are putting in some strict protocols.  We have to be careful around DH. I don't play around.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Ambergris said:

The nurses who saw me in early April and again some time later gave me prescription cough syrup, an in haler, and in the later visit a session with -- I forget what you call it, but I breathed the medication for X number of minutes--and another inhaler. 

Nebulizer.  I've used one a few times with very low dose iodine or colloidal silver in it.

• Thanks 1

I had it in June.  I was hospitalized twice and off work for 6 weeks.  It took forever for the fatigue to lessen. My DIL's grandfather recently died from it. My husband and daughter living with me did not get it despite living with me and their coworkers having it. Son's family got it and recovered with in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

:wave: Hello Motherhen. It's nice to see you posting again.  I'm hoping that more of our members will be back to help us figure out where we need to go from here.  DH and I live in a county that has high numbers of cases and more so just recently.  We have so far been free from the virus but many in our family have had it, some more severely than others.  Please, stay safe.  I'm looking forward to more of your posts. :hug3:

Hello Motherhen. Glad to see you again.  :hi: Many in our family had the virus. They are in their 50's and younger. It spread at Thanksgiving, and one of the in-laws didn't mention that she was already sick.   :grinning-smiley-044:  They were all back to full strength within a few days. They commented that it wasn't as bad as previous viruses in their lives. We did wait a few days past the quarantine before we gathered with 93-y.o. mom. She had a blast. Everyone was careful around her. She said that it was all worth it, and is ready to die now.   :rolleyes:

Mom and James.jpg

• Like 4