MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Here

Cowgirl

Hello all!

I am new here. I've been reading a lot and eating it up. I'm a longtime homesteader and have always believed in being prepared for disaster, and I've done a generally OK job at that, always having extra food in the pantry, a generator, firewood, candles, batteries, oil for the oil lamps, etc. However this year has brought home just how much we need to be prepared. Tornadoes in March took out power for days. Then storms recently put us into a lengthy blackout (over a week). When I read the news I don't exactly feel all warm and safe and fuzzy.

Gloria

Welcome to MrsSurvival Gloria...we're so glad that you've joined us. It's amazing that with all we DO know, how much we still have yet to learn. That's one of the valuable assets here...a group of like minded people who share generously with the experiences and knowledge they have attained along the way.

Feel free to jump right in...the water's fine!

Hi Gloria! We look forward to having you share your valuable knowledge too! I don't have any myself so I have to keep asking others to share One of these days though I'm going to come up with something good!

See ya' later!

• 1 year later...

Archived