MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

whats for dinner?

tonight we are having burgers. we got free pre-formed patties from surperstore for having spent over $175.00 i have a rub maranade to season the patties, and fresh garden tomatos! the best part! i bought some lettuce and i will add onions as well. we also have cheddar cheese and bacon. yum yum!! i am not sure what to have wioth it thoug. i was thinking soup, but they had soup for lunch. maybe a pasta?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yummmmm! i ended up making pasta with leftover sauce to go with our burgers

Oldest DD is cooking tonight - snag sangers!

Simple, quick and her Daddy wont be home for tea.

(oh ... what are they? ... cooked sausages wrapped in a bit of bread with sauce!)

Sue

I've had company since last Tuesday and have been cooking and cooking and cooking for them, for other family members and for a 2 day reunion this past weekend. Today I'm ordering 3 large pizzas for lunch and then most of them leave this afternoon and I will be taking a loooonnnnnggggg siesta!

We will have brats on the grill, since the stove is full of canning equipment lol. May clear off a space for one pan for cheesy rice, and add a mixture of squash in a foil packet on the grill. Tossed salad, peach tea, cheesecake.

tonight we are having chicken, and cheese rice sounds good. but i am sick today so maybe i will just make pat cook. he can make gnocci. it is SOOOOOO good. maybe we will have both chicken and gnocci.

mmm....

• 2 weeks later...

mmmm......i thihk i will make cheese buisquits and chicken. maybe i will make stuffed peppers, i seem to have an abundance of peppers in my fridge. (they were on sale)

Leftover land! Some salad fixin's, pumpernickel bread, guacamole, hard boiled eggs, Maybe some cherries and orange slices. a little of this a little of that.Topped off with vanilla wafers (the cheapie 5 boxes for a dollar kind).

Hon got us a treat while we were out and about yesterday. A loaf of thick sliced three cheese bread from Panara. I'm thinking I'm gonna use our little indoor Foreman grill and make some grown-up grilled cheese and a pot of tomato soup. Yummy!

wow dee, that sounds gerat! very little cooking, and so its a perfect summer dish! i shall have to make some! all i need to buy is the chicken, all i have is the bone in kind. (not that i don't know how to remove meat from bone, im just lazy that way. lol)

Chicken and noodles on mashed potatoes, fried green tomatoes, and pumpkin bread with dried cranberries and walnuts. Now it's time to think about tomorrow's dinner....

Quote:
tomato and thousand island dressing wrapped in tomato basil wraps.

Could I have your recipe for tomato basil wraps? I have an abundance of tomatoes and basil right now...
Stacy

Don't ask me why, cause I have no idea other than I know the children would love it, but I'm thinking about making some buttermilk biscuits lol...I guess I'll build a dinner around that...maybe some fried chicken and we'll see what else...I just took a real chicken out for the boys and a fake one for the girls.

lol

Archived