MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tender Moments

Buttercup

I have spent the last 11 days with my grandson living here in our house with us. He just turned one April 5th.. They moved in the next night. I usually wake up in the mornings hearing him playing quietly in his playpen. I get up and head towards the bathroom and I have to pass the girls room (where now he and both of my daughters share space) he will see me and get the biggest smile on his face and make a suprised sound. Alot of the time as I come back out of the bathroom I'll sneak in their room and get him out and we head back to my room.. He and I will crawl in my bed. I lay down but a 1 year old can't keep still.. So he usually stands at my headboard and jumps up and down and giggles.. We usually end up making enough noise that the girls get up and crawl in bed with us too.. (That's where it gets good people) He's learning how to give kisses.. Mind you he'll put his mouth to yours and use his tongue lol but it's the sweetest thing in the world.. That's when I am reminded of why I would give up everything I own to keep my children and grandchildren safe. Everything that I have been through in my life doesn't matter.. I am reminded that it's worth all the sleepless nights I lay awake in worry as to whether or not someone is going to try and take my daughters son from her. These past two weeks with all we have faced with my ds's breast biopsy and lump removal, my daughter's marriage ending and threats from her husbands side of the family. I am sitting here tonight unable to sleep again and this is what is running through my head

"In the sunlight or the rain

Brightest nights or darkest days

I'll always feel the same way

Whatever road you may be on

Know you're never too far-gone

My love is there wherever you may be

Just remember that you'll always be my baby"

And I am thankful to my Lord that I can get up tomorrow and do it all over again.....

You are so right, parenting and grandparenting is one of the greatest things there is.

I understand how you feel, and it is so hard when you know that people out there are harming your child or grandchild and you can't do a thing about it. frownth6dee1705-2.gif I'm glad you are able to, I/we can't. frown

• 4 months later...

I know I am revamping this thread but I had to share this with someone.. I am not much of a photograper, but I took this of myself, my girls and grandson Thursday.. It was another one of those heart singing moments in my life!

Check it out....... You can also see in my avitar what striking blue eyes my grandson has compared to my brown eyes.

609-Allofus.JPG

610-UsGirls.JPG

Nice looking family. As for your grandson, I have always been a sucker for big blue eyes. ( Two of my grandkids have them as well. It is hard to resist.)

Heartbreaker eh, heep him away from my Lydia! She's already a HUGE flirt!!!! We took them to the fair last weekend and you should have seen her!!!!! She kept going on this little train ride. Tim's watching her and turns to me and says "She's so pretty! We are going to have a hard time with boys someday!" I just sort of coughed and pointed at her. He turned to see her flashing a brilliant smile and this little demure wave at the ride attendent jawdrop! Y'all are beautiful buttercup!!

Archived