MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello from Central Maine

OldMaineBear

I have been shadowing this site for a few days making sure a male would be welcome. Seems to be a very open and welcoming place. I'll be ever so mindful of manners and demeanor.

I'm from Central, Maine where they make the canoes, if you know canoes then you know what town. I'm 60 and semi-retired and disabled. I'm retired, Social Security isn't so sure.

I'm also a newlywed. Been married for a year and a half now. Did it for Love this time round.

I've done a lot of things for work in my life and have the beat up body to prove it. I love photography, I write for my own pleasure since no editors have been pleasured yet. Have been a firearms trader and collector for years. I have two supposedly adult children, one of each gender. I have four lovely granddaughters and one great grandson.

If it's chocolate I'm there!!

Cheeseburgers are natures natural food.

I'm a good cook my wife is better. She learned at the apron strings of a Slovak Grandmother.

Anything else you'll have to learn on the way.

Happy to be here.

Oh how kewl! Welcome, welcome, welcome! We're so honored and happy you've joined us.

I know the url says MRS, but I guess one could state that the MRS part states there's a MR there too...the ladies sure enjoy the men's point of view so you and your sweet wife are more than welcome to join us!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...Slovak, eh? Polish here, and yes, I can do a tango around anyone that challenges me...lol (thank you mom and grandma lol)...

I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee this morning, I just noticed it's almost noon and I haven't cooked a thing. The good thing is that the rest of the crew here is always cooking up something. A word of caution though...if you're a choco like we are, it might be in your best interests to keep that under lock and key.

darlene

lol

Well hello to you too.

Word of warning if you have chocolate keep it under lock and key around here. There are several members that love going through pockets and getting your chocolate.

Here just let me set some right here maybe it will slow them down rofl

pd_chocolate_070911_ms.jpg

Pull up a chair and hang out for a while. Some of the other fellas will show up soon or later. Glad you found us.

Welcome OMB.

Wow, Darlene and Mo3B -- you two posting the same choco warning at the same time. You're gonna make him think it's serious!

Oh yeah

chocobun

It IS serious!

Lock and key it is then! yesno

Westie probably knows how to pick locks tho....

MtRider [hmmm, now I want chocolate....dare I before noon??? ] laughkick

Dark, milk or white chocolate?

bride_and_groom.jpg

Hello from NY State and welcome...New here myself but everyone has made me feel at home...

Their serious...Keep the chocolate a way from the monitor...It's not safe... outahere

I've asked about 20 questions a day...The shout box is great...Instand info...However I've pm'd a few people I don't know and their just as polite to get back to me with an answer quickly.

So welcome pull up a chair. Tonight we shall share some Baily's on the rocks...Who needs coffee... bighug

dancing

Oh were getting our first frost tonight...last night the wood stove was lite for the first time this year...Is it cold up yander? frozen

chocolate? MINE!!! it's all MINE!!! back away from that chocolate!

oh welcome Old Maine Bear...

but the chocolate.. is all mine! unless you got wine? then I will share.

Some serious choco-holics around here.

High 50's in Maine today. My part anyway. Not sure how far north Crispymom is.

Right fine welcome I'd have to say. Nice to see other Mainers here.

The name was easy. I used it years ago in a now defunct Maine Chat room. Funny how everybody there called me OMB too.

I have a sister in England who send me British chocolate now and then. Now THAT is chocolate. World of difference in flavor.

Thanks ever so much for the wonderful welcome..

I almost missed this thread! But the persistent odor of chocolate drew me...

...there y'all are!!!

Welcome OMB, from PCS...we have such long names, that abbreviations are a relief!

You said, "I write for my own pleasure since no editors have been pleasured yet."

Oh hey, I'm looking forward to the pleasure of reading your posts! Glad you're settling in with us.

--Sharon

Archived