MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Room For One More?

Jeepers

I found this forum by accident and have been lurking for about 3 months. I would have joined earlier but I couldn't think of a user name. I drive a Jeep. So Jeepers was the best I could come up with. Deep, huh!

I'm a 55 yr. young retired divorced woman. My ex is my best friend so I'm in a happy phase in my life right now. I have one adult son.

I've always been interested in stocking up and being prepared but I didn't know a forum like this existed. No one I know feels the way I do so finding a forum of like minded people is a little slice of heaven to me.

I still have so much to learn and hopefully, in time, will be able to add to the conversation.

Morning atcha Jeepers, I have an old Jeep Commando with the removable hard top. It is a V-6 and built old Jeep tough. Have pulled amazing loads with it. Fuel tank was bad so we took it out and put three layers of fiberglass over it-works like a charm. Have new brake lines and wheel cylinders to put on-sometime. Sort of like Leah-have too many projects to get to them all immediately-lol. Hope you like it here. Am a newbie also. Only problem here is there are just too many ladies to fuss at all at one time----- and they all stick together. Methinks they are prejudiced against us guys--LOL. Just jesting ladies, don't be picking up any stones. Hey, at 3:30 in the morn one has a right to be a bit crazy. Again, welcome and know you will like it here, wc

Welcome to Mrs. S! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Thanks for the warm welcome! I already liked it here when I was just a lurker. I didn't even know about the sections 'downstairs'. I can't believe all of the info so generously shared here. After doing some reading, I can see I have a lot to learn and do. I'm a night owl so I usually surf late pm/early am.

-06 my Jeep is just a Liberty but I love her. I'm 5-2 and feel like such a big girl driving it. It don't take much...

Originally Posted By: Leah
Creepers, Jeepers - Do you have nice peepers?
Sorry, showing my age! (It's a song parody, younguns)welcome.gif

Hee-hee. I know the song well.

Actually, my peepers aren't so good. I had the corrective laser eye surgery (can't think of the name of it now) when it first came out. Since then, my peepers have continued to get worse and now I need it done again. So, I'm back in my glasses for TV and driving. I didn't count on my eyes continuing to age.

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg and WELCOMETOTHEGROUPCOFFEECUP.gif

Glad you decided to join us here. smile

Isn't that a bummer that our eyes age with us. It just seems like every part ages, but our hearts. smile And, my heart aged too, I have a pace maker.

Enjoy reading and posting. smile

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifHAPPYMONDAY1.gif

Hey Jeepers! Its good to see you here smile My family just fixed up a 1978 FS Jeep. It was a blast. We are looking for our next project. (when I say family I mean family .. LOL even my 5 yo helped wet sand and paint)

We have plenty of room for everyone we have a very large conference table LOL with lots of coffee and treats to share smile

Welcome to the family! Glad you are here. I can now say (since I'm well into my 50's),that it's too bad I took my health for granted in my 20's and 30's. I told my family doctor that you have to be strong to grow old, 'cause it's not for sissies.

Looking forward to your posts. Take care.

Jeepers since no one else asked I will. Were ya from?

So Glad you decided to join. I just love this place. If I'm not asking questions, I'm reading and printing out information.

Welcome. thwttgchristmastkitt.gif

WelcometotheGorup.jpg

I'm originally from Indiana. But, I've been living in Ohio for the last 17 years. Most of my family and friends are in Indiana but my son is here; so I'll stay here too. I do like it here but I'm still a Hoosier at heart.

Jeepers I know what you mean. I felt so betrayed when I had to get 'reading glasses' about 5 years ago. Only old people have reading glasses and I was not ready to have anything old associated with me.

The fact that I've read more than my share of books and spent way to many hours working and playing with computers didn't matter...silly me.

Welcome to the group, I'm new too and love it here. I've added dried beans and homemade(with a bread machine) to my familys diet since coming here. I think my grocery bill will be about 10 per cent less with those two changes.

Yep, the glasses thing really stinks. I'm near-sighted though so I usually don't need them. I'll be on the computer or reading then get up to go somewhere in the Jeep and wonder why I can't see where I'm going. Oh yeah, I wear glasses to drive. Same with TV. I'll go upstairs, mess around, then go to bed to watch a little TV. Dang, the glasses are downstairs.

I guess I should get the surgery again but this time I live alone so son would have to take off work to transport me to and from. I'm so independant I hate to ask him. A character flaw of mine.

Thanks for the welcome!

Archived