MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Needs some prayers (you'll smile)

cookiejar

For my nephew Nickie who is nine. He was born with hearing problems and they did surgery when he was three(in-depth, some of it experimental etc. etc.) that seemed to help the problem and bring The Barney sound down from blasting the ceiling off.

This year an astute teacher noticed he seemed not to be paying attention. Rather than label him a discipline problem she brought it to Rosa's attention. A trip to the hearing center found out he is deaf in one ear. They may not be able to fix it, he may keep or lose the other hearing.

And yet still the same cheerful happy go lucky little guy as ever. Loves to rough house with his brother, complains his 4 year old baby sister steals his stuff, etc. Wants to grow up to be a ninja or a teacher (tough choice).

Synopsis: If it does go south, it's lip reading class for him and sign language for the rest of us. shrug.If they can fix which we will not know for a while.. all the better.

I guess I'm asking for prayers of strength, preserverance and guidence. Prayers for No panicking until we have all the info. Prayers that things just keep on keeping on? I'm not sure. Just, ya know...

You don't need to hear to be happy taking all the cushions off the couch and a blanket over the dining room table to create your fort for the paper ball war, right? You just need to be able to see the clock and know when Mom is due back from the hairdressers to remake the couch. grin

Thanks for letting me vent grouphug2

Originally Posted By: Pastors wife
I'll be praying for no panicking even when you know all the facts. He will remain a happy go lucky guy even if he has hearing problems; as you said, he will just have to keep an eye on the clock. ;-)

Exactly! Since theres apparently (?) a battery of tests they do, there's no word yet. But for only hearing out of one side, he's fine right now.

One thing though, he can't play with his brother's I-pod...not sure what that's about.

And it's a home with 3 kids one of them 5 years old. let's face it, it rarely gets below a stadium roar anyway smile
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GOODAFTERNOONMORNINGOREVENINGANYTIM.gif

Cookiejar, how are things going by now.

I don't know the reason for not being able to play with the i-pod, but, there has to be some reason.

Still praying .

HUGS3-2.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Cookie I am sorry I just saw this but I am praying for your whole family. Hubby worked with deaf people through college. He actually started a deaf ministry at the church we attended. There was a little girl there oh geez she is ds#3 age so she is a senior in high school. She was deaf but you would never know it.

I am still waiting for the noise level to drop at my house happy02

And sign language is not hard to learn, I promise. I think everyone should learning sign language whether you have some one deaf in your family or not.

Cookie, I missed this earlier but adding my prayers now. How are things going?

Still limbo-Apparently going to be limbo for sometime

Apparently too much of loud i-pod in the ears all the time is damaging and can make the good ear overly sensitive. Okay is that embarrassing or what? I was waiting for some deeeeep meaning. blush

But let me thank you for the prayers. He is a healthy happy all knees and elbows colt of a kid. He seems to naturally adjust to the problem, sitting so the good ear is toward you. That kinda thing.

He went to an ENT about fluid or some kind of returned blockage in the ear tube they put before. Some of it will all hinge on heaven and his growing ears. Apparently he's little estachian (sp?) is not pointing the right way and may come out right when he's grown older. It was indepth and complicated.

I only got part of it. But, the good part is he is happy and healthy despite the loss in one ear. We simply will not know and we've left it in God's hands (and the ENT! smile )

Thank you again, really...and thanks for letting me get it out.

bighug

cookie

Archived