MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi From Florida!

Michelle_3kds

I'm so glad to find this forum and have the opportunity to learn new things and be with like-minded poeple! I'm a transplant to central FL, originally from Wisconsin. 3 kids, a DH, a mini poodle and a Maltese (she's our guard dog). I started prepping during the Y2K thing up there. I had so much fun learning about canning and food storage among others...taught myself how to make bread and a solar oven that cooked a pork roast! What I learned helped us through power outages, tornadoes, and after we moved to Florida, we made it through 4 hurricanes. I've always had extra food on hand, but haven't really stocked up big-time...I've been slowly doing more of that lately. What I'm concerned about here in this very hot and humid state, is that stored food won't last very long without air conditioning. Space is limited as we live in a mobile home. With that in mind, I am focusing on growing food...(But WOW, it's sure different here than up North!) I just joined a local organic gardening club and have ransacked the library for any help I can get.

Nice to be here and happy prepping to all!

Welcome Michelle! Nice to see another Floridian - I'm on the west coast, a little north of Tampa Bay. Just a newcomer myself, but have been working on starting a garden too.

Maybe we could start a Florida problems & solutions thread! LOL!

Enjoy your stay here - it's great!

welcome6 This is a great form for learning everything, just join in and ask questions, that is the fun part. We have some other ladies from Fla. and our fearless leader Darlene lived there for years. In fact I grew up there in Tampa, but now reside in Texas, so I know about hot!!!! coffee2

Hi Michelle wave Welcome aboard!

I lived in Clearwater when I was 7-8-9 yrs. old. I remember it was hot and rained everyday in the summer for about 15 minutes. Then steamed the rest of the day. I still remember the moss hanging off the trees. I thought that was so neat. Anyway, glad you are here!

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Archived