MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New from Oregon

Shandy

I've been reading for a few weeks now, and enjoying the boards on this forum. I'm a stay at home mom, getting close to finishing up my first half-century. We have 8 children, 7 still at home. Our oldest is married with 4 children of his own. We live on one acre in a semi-rural area.

My husband and I were both raised in lower middle class families who taught us gardening, farming, dairy, and animal skills. Between us, we have a good bit of knowledge, but dropped a lot of it while we were younger and attending college and building "the good life".

After our 4th child was born, we decided we'd better get serious, and started resurrecting and using the knowledge our parents had passed on to us. We've forgotten quite a bit, but have shored up our skills in the last 15 years. While both of us are wildly patriotic, neither of us depends on our gov't to make good decisions for us. Not at this point. So we are continuing to stock up on both goods and skills. If nothing else, we can pass on to our children what our parents gave us, and I'm sure that will serve them well.

Hey Shurleen

Are you surviving the heat? Hasn't it been a trip adjusting to 60 degrees then 90+? YIKES!!! pointup

Oh my! I almost missed this thread! (Better late than never!)

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Welcome! You'll probebly have your memory refreshed by a lot that's here. The people here are each knowlegeable in their own way.

Glad you're here!

welcome5

Archived