MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Three cheers for Violet

MommaDogs

Violet, as I plant my garden by day and prepare my canners and my jars by night, I got to thinking about you.

I realized that I haven't said enough how grateful I am to you and your wisdom AND willingness to share it. You've taught me so much.

All in all, I've learned from my home here at Mrs, but you by far have taught me the most, and I'm so thankful. And so is my family... yum.

:bouquet:

YES! I have told Violet privately how much I have appreciated her expertise and knowledge...but it's time for a public SALUTE! Hats off to Violet! Three cheers and a tiger! Huzzah! Oh..and hugs, too.

Adding my thank you's as well. You have helped so many of us and kept us safe from our own foolishness at times and THAT is a very very BIG job. :D

:bouquet:

:bighug2:

You are such a special friend Violet! I am so grateful, for all your help, prayers, and friendship, AND all t he canning help and yummy recipes!

Love, Catherine

I must add the story here of how I met Violet - both here and in Real Life.

Last summer I was surfing the 'net to try and find out canner maintenance. I 'stumbled' across Mrs S and what can I say - it's home! Violet sent me some advice and I mentioned taking canning classes at my local extension service. She put 2 + 2 together and realized it was the classes that SHE helped teach! :canning:

So, I show up to class and I see this wonderful lady in a violet apron with sparkling blue eyes ask me, "So. Are you crazy about canning?" I think I replied, "Yes, absolutely certifiably crazy!" :24: After having a good laugh about it, we hugged and have been friends ever since.

At one of the first classes, we made apple pie filling and somehow I got distracted and forgot the sugar. I didn't think anything of it because I rarely use sugar in cooking. So, dealing with this gloppy mess, she cries from across the kitchen, "CRAZY GIRL, did you put sugar in this????" My response was "Noooo...why? I don't cook with sugar." :sassing: "Yes dear, BUT THE RECIPE CALLS FOR IT. We're preserving food." So, after laughing at my mistake, we added sugar. Violet saved the day and the pie filling. Oh, and the rest of the class was wondering if she was mad at me...after all she called me "crazy". :008Laughing:

I'm so pleased to count Violet as one of my dear friends. I also have the privilege of teaching with her for the Canning & Food Safety classes with our extension service.

So, many thanks, hugs, and blessings to you, Our Lady Violet.

:wub::grouphug::hug3::bighug2:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm mostly a lurker due to lack of time, but I want to add my cheers to Violet for doing such a great job! I have learned so much, and the few questions I've asked she has been so quick to answer.

I really appreciate Mrs. Survival and Violet! :cheer:

Susan

Archived