MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Big, Big NEWS! Read all about it!

mom11

About a week ago, our precious Violet, got some wonderful news! I've been just about to POP! Sooooo...She is letting me tell!

Violet, after all these years of so generously sharing her food preservation knowledge, to not only the general public of her community, but to each one of us...Was approached by the Extension Food and Nutrition Educator, in her area, and offered the most wonderful...REAL JOB! With $$$$!!!! This couldn't happen to a more qualified, caring, kind person!

Violet will have a lot of responsibility, but we all know she will just SHINE! Violet will be in charge of scheduling people to help teach the preservation and safety classes, recruit people to make samples of food, for the students to taste, make phone calls, to contact various farms and stores, to encourage different places to offer the classes. She will schedule people to test gauges and answer phone calls from the public. She will send out any new notices, update files, and get together all the teaching materials and handouts, etc. for the food preservation and safety classes. Most importantly, she will be teaching many of these classes!

The best part is this...Violet has told me, over and over, that food preservation is her Calling. Now she knows she is being Called. The most exciting part of this job, will be where she can help the lower income families. She will be responsible for working with area food banks, churches, and other agencies, to coordinate "garden gleaning" and canning classes for these lower income families. She will help to get that extra produce, that may go to waste, from the farms, safely to the tables, of so many in need. This will give many families, some real control over the quality of their lives. She's praying that a community canning kitchen is in the works! Violet, is just thrilled over this! This part of the job, is just priceless to her!

Well now I have blabbed! I know all of you are just as proud and happy as I am! Good Luck Violet! You're the best!

I am about to CRY! This is a wonderful example of Our Father in Heaven training a person for YEARS to do his work and rewarding her for her determination! What a blessing! God is GOOD!

Absolutely, I agree. Congratulations, Violet. May you bloom profusely where you are now planted.

Susan

Oh how wonderful. :wub: The spreadsheet that Violet emailed me was ssssoooo helpful in setting up my preps. Whats that they say about karma? Congratulations, Violet. Reb

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ((((violet))))

God is so good and I'm so thrilled you'll be able to help so many more people. It really is your hearts passion and is such a blessing to be able to do.

Yea!!!!!! :cele:

I can't think of anyone who deserves this job more!! She will be a terrific teacher there, just as she is here!!

good news indeed,, congratulations!!

Isn't it nice to have some good news, just really, really good news! Especially when it is something happening to such a good, wonderful person. I was just wanting to burst, to be able to tell someone! I had to wait a week though! You know Violet...She is so humble, she might not have even mentioned this! This is news, that needs to be shared! We can all pray now her ministry grows and reaches many!

Congratulations!!! Lo and behold--you make help some that are like me. I thought I knew more than I did. The more I read and study, I find that I did not know anything. Slowly but surely it is sinking in. You will be such a blessing. I wish we had a Violet down here in Texas.

Congratulation Violet. I'm happy to hear you will be doing what you love. I know it will be a lot of work but you will be doing so much good in the world. :hug3:

:bighug2:

Archived