MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm SO Excited!!!

TurtleMama

I just had to write to all y'all and tell you this...you're the only people who would probably really understand why I'm so excited about this other than my DH! :D

I submitted an article to survivalblog.com for the rolling writing contest, and I came in 4th! :D Mr. Rawles put my article on the site and I am SO excited! I love to write, but have never had anyone "publish" anything I'd written before. I want to go write a book now! hehehe

The best thing is that the article was about my preparedness journey...something I'm so passionate about and something that I everyone here at Mrs. Survival has motivated and supported me on. WOW!!!! :D Each of you is amazing and I hope you all know that every bit of knowledge and every insight that each of you shares has an impact on somebody.

I'm such a dork but I'm so happy! :happy0203:

WTG Turlemama, good on you!

Do you have a link for us to read it as well?

Congratulations, TurtleMama! It is quite an accomplishment! Getting positive feedback from others about your writing can really boost your confidence. If you feel ready to tackle a book, then you should really do it. I believe that you should try all of the positive things that you dream to do...Live your life with no regrets!

So...Where is that link?!! :tapfoot::happy0203:

I only just realized that you posted the link. I really enjoyed the article and felt as though I could actually "see" the various scenes that you described. It sounds as though you descended from a rich heritage and that the greatest gift from your ancestors wasn't a material thing, but a mindset. What a blessing to inherit such wealth!

• 2 weeks later...

That article was simply amazing! It felt like you were talking right to me! Congratulations on getting your article published and thank you for sharing your personal story, although it couldn't be easy at the time. This is one circumstance where i think everything happens for a reason. It got your husband to get behind you in preparing for unknown and it educated me. So, thank you.

You should be very proud

• 2 weeks later...

Archived