MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Explosion At My Grocery Store

Jeepers

I went to the grocery store yesterday (ugh, sticker shock) and had a funny thing happen.

As I was walking out of the store into the foyer/cart area, unbeknownst to me, a bag of potato chips fell out of my cart and onto the floor. As I rolled along, the back wheel of the heavily laden cart rolled over the bag of chips. As said bag is full of air with nowhere to go, it burst open with a huge BANG!

Chips flew everywhere and the poor woman next to me thought she had been shot. She grabbed my arm and said, "OH!" For a few precious seconds we were ready to do the stop, drop and roll and duck and cover drill. Then I saw the dead bag of chips on the floor that I had slain and knew we would live to see another day.

They did give me a new bag of chips.

I guess my week ended with a bang...and a change of undies.

LOL I bet that would scare you! And that poor lady! That is hilarious.

I have to share, since I work at a grocery store. A friend of mine was working one night when I wasn't there, and all of a sudden the 2-liters started exploding! He said he thought someone was shooting at him. They sounded just like gunshots. There was soda EVERYWHERE needless to say! I was just soo glad I wasn't there to clean it up!

" For a few precious seconds we were ready to do the stop, drop and roll and duck and cover drill.

Now Jeepers, after a good laugh we may need to have a chat. If you recall, what stopped you from doing an immediate stop, drop, roll and cover? I'm not kidding here, although in Holland it'd raise more than a few eyebrows if someone does the stop, drop etc routine. It'd probably bring on men in white coats and soothing voices :)

But things are different in the USA. Those few seconds could have made a difference.

Sorry to be a party-spoiler but I'm thinking about your safety.

Christy, the only thing that stopped us from proceeding with the 'drill' was I spotted the bag of chips under the grocery cart wheel and pointed at it. Other wise we both would have been trying to roll ourselves under parked grocery carts. :008Laughing:

Christy, the only thing that stopped us from proceeding with the 'drill' was I spotted the bag of chips under the grocery cart wheel and pointed at it. Other wise we both would have been trying to roll ourselves under parked grocery carts. :008Laughing:

Good to hear, just checking, just checking (said the worried mother hen hahahaha)

Good to hear, just checking, just checking (said the worried mother hen hahahaha)

Hee-hee, glad you had my back there!

Christy in addition to duck and cover, I am ready to grab a can of tomatoes and launch it at the perp, lol.

Lol, that's my girl! I knew you'd come up with that. :frying pan: Or haul a frying pan at the perp. Depending on the store you're in.

Christy in addition to duck and cover, I am ready to grab a can of tomatoes and launch it at the perp, lol.

Lol, that's my girl! I knew you'd come up with that. :frying pan: Or haul a frying pan at the perp. Depending on the store you're in.

But,but,but...I think I was the perp. :24:

ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa :laughkick:

Sorry Jeepers, that was just too funny.

Just make sure it never happens again or Arby and yours truly could be behind you with a few cans hahahahaah.

Nah pet, just wanted to know you were safe, that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived