MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

{ GULP } Our favorite cartoon roadrunner is a carnivore? Shattering a childhood illusion. :0327:

:lol: Yeah, the Wild Kingdom is .....messy!

I'm doing some long-procrastinated things. :curtsey: At least I have email and ....fairly workable Internet today. :amen:

MtRider ....we'll see how far I get on my projects...

A VERY long day. Started out fairly early. Needed to pay a visit to one of our favorite plain people stores to pick up some gasket seal lids they had for 50 cents each. We purchased 30 or ??? frosting buckets and we wanted new lids on them. Then went to Homestead and drained two of the 55-gallon rain barrel by watering the garden and just emptying out the rest. Loaded them up in the truck to take to carwash to washout again and sort of "sanitize" them (even though they'll only be for gardening). Then loaed up all the frosting buckets. After poking quarters ($6.00) into the carwash machine MrWE2 said "enough...this is a racket!" So...we loaded them back into the truck and headed for the Roost. Son pays the water bill at the Homestead while he's renting the upper unit so we use water very sparingly...mainly to flush the toilet downstairs and wash our hands. When we got all the barrels and buckets out we used MrWE2's contractor-type hose sprayer and went to work. After about six buckets it started to rain :-( So we got pretty soaked...from the hose sprayer and from the rain...LOL People in the area probably thought we were nuts! LOL But if you're getting wet washing out 30 five gallon buckets and lids, what's the concern about some rain? I asked for grace and got it. It didn't start to really pour until we were finished and had stopped at a McD's for a $1.00 McChicken for supper and shared a fry. We put the 55-gallons back in the truck because they're ready to go and MrWE2 wants to buy some parts to put a hose connection on each of them so we can just run the hose to our garden areas. The buckets we left at the Roost because we need to put them in the bathtub (or outside again) for a really really soapy wash and rinse. Friends...when we wash and scrub 30 frosting buckets and see how that junk sticks to your hands, your clothes and even the lawn...you'll never eat commercial icing again!!! That stuff is the greasiest junk you can imagine :-( Brush scrubbed with dish soap, rinsed and ran my hand around the inside and it came out OILY! Nasty stuff! Threw wet clothes into washer and turned it on. I'll transfer them to the dryer in the morning. This body says "enough work for today". Jeepers...you would have cracked up. We had Abby-girl on her chain, hooked to the front hook on truck's bumper (we have 4...for strapping down our canoe) and MrWE2 said "...think the red head wants out of the rain?" I looked over and there she was curled up as tight as she could get to the front tire! My poor baby! She immediately was rescued and spent the rest of the time in her comfy back seat with the door open so she could watch...and stay dry while we played in the rain and water!

Edited by The WE2's

Miss Abby-Girl sent Auntie Jeepers an email. She told me all about what happened. I told her I would never leave her out in that horrible hurricane force storm the way You2's did. The rain, the thunder, the lightning and hail. Well, that's the way she described it. And then left the truck door open for her to shiver in that wind until she finally dried just so you wouldn't have to waste a clean towel on her. She said she feels a cough coming on now. I cried so hard. My heart just broke for her. I'm telling you now, if she can ever breaks loose from that torment, she is headed straight to my house! :happy0203:

:coffeescreen:

Not telling Jeepers that I had to GooGone Koa's head today. She was wrinkling up her nose and emitting low grumbling sounds. But she loves a good head massage. She didn't twitch a muscle as I worked the pine sap (?) out that was binding up her hair in tiny gobs.

Other than that....did almost nothing. The headache saga continued. Tho DH's adjustment got the level down from pain to pressure...it still left me vague and stupid all day. Couldn't get my head really clear. And zero energy. Feeling SO bad ...yet not microbe sick. Then....as is normal...if finally began to clear at about 7:30pm. Sheeesh.....wasted day. :yar:

MtRider ...had such hopes for the basement...

Cleaning Day

Good Morning Everyone!

It is bright and sunny, temp is supposed to get over 100 again. I've started watering the lawn, and have begun to do laundry. Trying to get a head start on the outside stuff so I don't have to go out later when it is like going into an oven. Just might BBQ tonight in order to keep the heat out of the house. We'll see.

Curry and Fricasseed are both laying eggs every day. Fried is probably too old now. She may become pot pie is she doesn't lay the rest of this year. Dijon and Salad (Deedee & Sally) are doing well, still squawking when the old girls come around, but they are getting better.

Grrr is making sure his feet are muddy, barking at whatever. Trying my patience, if he wants to come inside after I clean the floors, he'd better keep his feet clean. Seriously, I will wipe his feet off, but will let him in due to the heat index.

Hoping everyone has a great day..... back to work for me.

:bouquet:

Refreshing my book selling skills on Amazon. I need to recycle many of them before we move later this summer. It's a lot of sitting on the butt time, but was profitable last time we did it 14 years ago. :grinning-smiley-044:

Miss Abby-Girl sent Auntie Jeepers an email. She told me all about what happened. I told her I would never leave her out in that horrible hurricane force storm the way You2's did. The rain, the thunder, the lightning and hail. Well, that's the way she described it. And then left the truck door open for her to shiver in that wind until she finally dried just so you wouldn't have to waste a clean towel on her. She said she feels a cough coming on now. I cried so hard. My heart just broke for her. I'm telling you now, if she can ever breaks loose from that torment, she is headed straight to my house! :happy0203:

Had a long talk with Abby-girl about truthfulness, and that she'd be in deep do-do if she ever fibs like that again! LOL Wanna see what her "mahmah and pahpah" look like when they're wet from head to toes"? :24: Also explained that that rain fills up those blue things that will give her water in a bottoms-up event...and produce thos lovely berries and tomatoes she likes to rob from the garden when we're not looking! :24:

post-9087-0-09560600-1463450325_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-19097900-1463450335_thumb.jpg

So far we've had about an inch of rain and all four barrels are full. We had removed the bung on the 4th barrel anticipating an overflow, and MrWE2 ran out of time so couldn't drill and insert a hose for overflow. Took a rive to a couple of our favorite plain people stores today (MrWE2 needed a day off) and came home with some really good things for our frig & freezer. Abby-girl slept all the way home...she really enjoys these day trips with us since MrWE2 lets her out to take of biz and get her a drink and a short walk at various places :-) So many different smells! LOL So...didn't get all the laundry done yet but...it's not going anywhere :-)

So Abby is a veggie-dog? BigDog was too. Koa ...not so much. Like sweet taters cooked/skins. Other things cooked. Nothing raw tho like BigDog.

I think the dog's brain gets an overload when they're at new places. Koa loves just going places! Gets so excited when she sees we're near the park....whine*woof*whine.... As WE2 said....NEW SMELLS :hapydancsmil: ...........and then :0327:

Found a good recipe for quick and versatile meal.

---12-cup muffin tin. [grease or use cooking spray!]

---Mix 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c Bisquick, 2 eggs. Spoon one tablespoon in each cup [reserve the rest].

---Add 1/4 cup of any mixture of meat, veggie, shredded cheese into each cup.

---Finish off the rest of the Bisquick/milk/egg into each muffin cup.

---Bake 375 for 30 min. Like mini quiche.

Mixture can be hamberger/onion/ched cheese......sausage/onion/tomato pieces/mozzarella cheese.....ham/broccoli bits/cheese....whatever needs to be used up! Seasoning besides salt is optional/variable.

This is the best way to cook for me....using WHATEVER...

MtRider :cook: Ate this last nite and reheated for lunch today.

Love those barrels. My next door neighbor has 3 or 4 of them out by his garden. One of them sits on cement blocks beside the back of his house and has a spout on it with a short hose attached. The other end of it sits on a short post beside the garden facing in. I'm not sure how that works though with gravity and all because the end is higher than the barrel. Maybe he just keeps it there to keep track of it. Or maybe water comes out when he lowers it. Don't know.

You 2's really got soaked! Bet it felt kinda good though!

Abby Girl lie???? Say it ain't so! :008Laughing:

So Abby is a veggie-dog? BigDog was too. Koa ...not so much. Like sweet taters cooked/skins. Other things cooked. Nothing raw tho like BigDog.

I think the dog's brain gets an overload when they're at new places. Koa loves just going places! Gets so excited when she sees we're near the park....whine*woof*whine.... As WE2 said....NEW SMELLS :hapydancsmil: ...........and then :0327:

Found a good recipe for quick and versatile meal.

---12-cup muffin tin. [grease or use cooking spray!]

---Mix 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c Bisquick, 2 eggs. Spoon one tablespoon in each cup [reserve the rest].

---Add 1/4 cup of any mixture of meat, veggie, shredded cheese into each cup.

---Finish off the rest of the Bisquick/milk/egg into each muffin cup.

---Bake 375 for 30 min. Like mini quiche.

Mixture can be hamberger/onion/ched cheese......sausage/onion/tomato pieces/mozzarella cheese.....ham/broccoli bits/cheese....whatever needs to be used up! Seasoning besides salt is optional/variable.

This is the best way to cook for me....using WHATEVER...

MtRider :cook: Ate this last nite and reheated for lunch today.

Copied this off...sounds very interesting!

Celebrated a friends birthday...beautiful weather, good friends, good food and lots of laughter! We started the grill at 2:00 and by 4:30 everybody was there and ready to eat :-) Everybody except the birthday girl, brought a veggie and a dessert. We furnished the meat, buns, beans, EZup, tables and some extra chairs. Nearly all of us met each each other at the "used to be" ballroom dance club about 8 years ago and have remained fast friends.

post-9087-0-99944000-1463884568_thumb.jpg

Looks like a fun day was had by all We2's!

I didn't do much of anything today. It was raining so I went to McD's and got a grilled chicken salad and a sweet tea and watched a little TV. Migraine is trying to make it's presence known. It's been awhile (for me) since I had one . I haven't missed it.

Finally back from Alabama. Lots of adventures, not all expected, some scary, some painful, but all in all we enjoyed ourselves (huuuuuge catfish!) and we survived vehicle repairs, pit bull attacks, and the scary rescue of one cat from a cliff ledge. Who knew we would have chills, spills and thrills! Whew! It is good to be back - unloading the RV, getting the garden in and readying the bass boat for fishing this summer. The first water ski show is this week end....the theme is 'the legend of zorro'. it should be fun!

Still getting work done in the kitchen. The project keeps shrinking to stay within budget, but under budget we most definitely are. Wish the boxes for the cabinets had not been burnt when they were first unbundled, because there's one more wall cabinet than we can find room for. (The wall is a fraction of an inch too short.)

Planted a bunch of annuals around the dying spring bulbs. I wasn't going to take a chance last week with the frosty nights. Pulled the mulch over them and they should be good until the rains come on Wednesday. :happy0203:

Last day of work was yesterday! Still in waiting mode. But boy my garden is going gangbusters! Lots of big (green) tomatoes, watermelon blooms, jalapenos, strawberries!

We almost lost my Lucy (schnauzer) to congestive heart failure, but she is on meds and getting better now. Not sure how long of a respite we will have but we treasure every day with all 3 of the pups! Close calls put outlooks and priorities in perspective!

Today was a day of hard work rewarded :-) We had told a lady friend that we were digging up the Iris bed to re-plant it with wild/winter onions. She asked if she could ahve them and we said yep...we'd take them to her (in another town) when we got them dug up. Well today was that day. So the Iris's are all dug up and we replanted the wild onions. When we delivered them to her she rewarded us with a hog panel and four pieces of lattice for our garden! She said "I just love trading!" LOL Another friend had brought us another box of the wild onions (since we had planted the others at the Roost and would have to re-dig and transplant them again) and a nice big box of Lambs Quarter to re-plant and a huge bag of Lambs Quarter she had cut and was going camping for a week and wouldn't be home to fix up the mess and put them in her frig. So...I gots lots of Lambs Quarter to eat and some planted next to my own that are planted. I'll leave the planted ones alone for a year or so because I want them to spread. Mine came up in a little spot between the Back2Eden section and the compost corner...so that's where I re-planted this new batch :-) Also picked up a couple of $2 tomato plants that were about 8" tall and replanted them in a different spot (not in the raised beds) so they'll be on their own. I was surprised when I dug down through the leaves to plant them, and even though there was some grass, the soil was beautiful and wet and the leaves haven't even been down a week yet :-) Also went to a farm sale and picked up a very nice 10' section of chain link for $10, some oxygen absorbers for $2, two kerosene jubs for $4 each, a ceramic-type heater for $2, some heavy iron stakes for 50 cents each, and a few other little tid bits that we can use around the Homestead. Abby-girl got her very first drink out of the rain barrels and I do think she liked it! Couldn't leave her in the garden area on her own though, she was running and having a ball and got herself tangled in the VCR tapes...but she did figure out how to extract herself when she heard me give a loud "Abby...where are you supposed to be!" LOL She then went to the gate that leads to "her yard". Guess she figured it was safer there :24: So, I 've had the evening shower and I'm going to grab my book and relax!

Oops..forgot the pics!

post-9087-0-35219500-1463967197_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-06824700-1463967210_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-79722700-1463967218_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-76508600-1463967231_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-28605400-1463967244_thumb.jpg

Edited by The WE2's

Wow...sounds like a great day. Mine started out pretty good but towards evening things kinda got harder than it coulda been. Chased 2 stupid ducks around the straw pile...like they forgot what "gate" is.. Got a call from DH RIGHT in the only spot to get reception....horse paddock. But the call dropped when I let the old horse out. So I got in the truck to come up to the house and catch his call back.

Nope! :grinning-smiley-044: JUST got sat down and Koa GOES OFF from the back of the truck. Ran back out to see....coyote coming down the road. Went to get my equipment and bungled it. Clear and restart and....well, coyote thot Koa's very IMPRESSIVE barking was enough deterrent and left. That whole thing rattled my goat and had trouble getting her to go into her pen/house. She peered inside first to see if it was safe. Was glad when I got in the house and sat down! Some days are just like that..... :twister3:

MtRider .... :offtobed: