MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Cranberry juice is good for the kidneys. Hoping you are doing much better. Hoping everyone else is doing better as well. Seems they say we are going to have an early spring. I sure hope so. I am ready for warmer weather. Though we have had a rather mild winter so far. Some really cold days but nothing that lasted for weeks at a time.

Went to Church this morning, then came home and fixed lunch.  Then noticed we had messages on phone. Got some sad news. Dr. Matt that I used to work for has passed away. He was 90 years old. pneumonia took him down.  I know he was always  good about getting his flu and pneumonia vacs. But wondering if he just didn't do it after that 10 year mark.  Or the vac. didn't work.  But that is what he had. He passed Jan. 29th, and I had not heard anything else other than he was in a nursing home. Then the news today. They are having the family night on Feb. 7th and then the funeral will be private. He is from Japan and his family is coming in from Japan.  His brother is a diplomat. I had met him twice. Just hope this mess with the cornia virus doesn't keep them from coming in since it is from Japan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So, big project that I was working on last week at work (and a few evenings outside of work...) is done.

So now I have a sore throat, am exhausted, and was running a 2 degree temp this morning.  It's down to only 1 degree now.

*pops more vitamin C*

• Like 3

Right now our thermometer outside says 60*.  By tomorrow night, we'll be BELOW ZERO.   :sigh:  Kinda hard on the body!  I did some porch laps in the sunshine.  Wore out too quickly. 

BAD NEWS....FRUSTRATING NEWS.....   After 2-3 months without any sign of the nasty critters....there is a dead MOUSE in the glue board under kitchen sink.   :motz_6::motz_6::motz_6:

I'll let the lil' blue guys jump around and express my frustration.....I'm too tired. 

MtRider  :sigh: 

• Sad 3

Unsweetened 100 % cranberry juice or the cranberry pills work best in my experience Jeepers. Hope you are feeling 100% soon. Hi Ambergris! :wave:

This weekend I pretty much did laundry and focused on making up my shopping list to go to stock back up on basics. Still replenishing my stocks after moving last summer. One area at a time I'm getting there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bladder is not any better in fact it might be worse. Still bleeding. I called the doctor and the earliest they can see me is Wednesday afternoon. Here is the kicker...

I asked if I should wear a mask or anything. She asked why. I said because of the flu. She asked if I have flu-like symptoms. I said no and I don't want any either. She said I'd be fine without one.

Everyone I know that has been to a health care facility has worn a mask. I was talking to the receptionist not the doctor. 

I know one thing, I'm wearing a mask. I don't care how stupid they think I look. Thats why I didn't want to go in. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Hi Becca Anne!  Glad you're back!

Jeepers, when I have blood in the urine, it's a kidney stone moving, but I believe an infection can do the same thing.  I will pray it's not a stone!

1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

I know one thing, I'm wearing a mask.

You know if you don't wear a mask and get sick, they will make more money! :behindsofa:

This morning, I did a video, took 2 dogs to the vet for nail clipping--Oreo has to be muzzled and with our hand tremors, we can't do it anymore. Then went for my walk. Was over 10,000 steps at 11 am--that's a first! This afternoon, I am making vegetarian chili with kale, hummus for my celery sticks, salads and cleaning outside of concrete block shed with bleach and water to remove mold. Should be tired by then.

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to wonder if it's a stone. Sigh. If it ain't one end, it's the other. Yeah, if I get sick it's another office call for them. I think it's sort of irresponsible for a doctor's office to not require a mask considering all the virus' going around. The least they could do is ask that you wear one. What if I'm sitting next to an inconsiderate person who does have flu-like symptoms and they don't wear a mask. Last thing I want is the flu with this bladder acting up. Coughing, sneezing and throwing up would put me over the edge. Congrats on your steps! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Jeepers, I pray you will feel better soon. And yes I would wear a mask as you never know what is sitting in a doctors office. Working in a doctors office myself before retirement. People do not cover their mouths and they wipe their noses across their sleeves. So be careful and do what you need to do to keep from getting other peoples germs. We always at lunch time sprayed the waiting room down with Lysol and the check in counters as well as the labs and exam rooms were all washed down and sprayed down with Lysol. The receptionist even sprayed the little can of pens down with Lysol to keep those germs from getting passed on. We also did it first thing in morning before opening and again when we closed. I am surprised that these days they don't do that. I had taken DH to his heart doctor several weeks ago and the lady was wiping down the counter with a baby wipe. I told here what we did and she said she was going to get some Lysol and start spraying everything down that she never thought about that. You just never know. And yes Dr. Matsushige and his wife were preppers.  They kept the office well stocked and when the sars outbreak happened that was when the ton of N95 mask was bought for the office.  Mrs. Matt must have bought well over 400 of them. That is how I got my free 100 of them when Dr. Matt retired. 

Washed clothes today and got DH out of house and out walking around the house and down to the corner and back. He got a bit unsteady on his feet but did well. It was about 72* today. Very nice day. So while clothes were washing I pulled some weeds.  DH said to just use roundup n them. Not going to happen as I plant herbs and things there. What is it about men and roundup?  That's the lazy way out of pulling weeds. It's nothing more than crab grass and easy to pull up.

Edited by Littlesister
  • Like 3

Thanks littlesister. :hug3: I'm feeling worse. I think Miki might be right. It's starting to feel like it might be a kidney stone. My back is hurting (not really unusual) and so is my side. They are also tender to the touch. I feel like I can't get to the bathroom fast enough about every 15 minutes and oh, the pain. Spasms. All of that for a few drops.  I've got some chills too. Going to be a fun couple of days. I'm miserable. 

• Sad 5
14 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Thanks littlesister. :hug3: I'm feeling worse. I think Miki might be right. It's starting to feel like it might be a kidney stone. My back is hurting (not really unusual) and so is my side. They are also tender to the touch. I feel like I can't get to the bathroom fast enough about every 15 minutes and oh, the pain. Spasms. All of that for a few drops.  I've got some chills too. Going to be a fun couple of days. I'm miserable. 

jeepers if it is a stone, try to drink as much water as possible to flush the kidneys. Not sure if cranberry juice will help that. If the pain gets to bad, try taking 4 Advil as that is a prescription for Motrin. Hopefully it will help the pain if nothing else.  If you are having chills, you may be running a fever with it. Might want to take your temp to see if that is cause of chills.

Edited by Littlesister
  • Like 3

Awww, Jeepers.  You sure haven't had an easy time lately.  Hopefully this will be the root of stuff and ....once passed [no pun] this part....you'll get back to normal!  :pray:  ...especially for these couple more days while you wait to get in.  If it gets too bad, you might have to resort to the ER.....but that's got to be a bad place for OTHER germ things right now.  :pray:    As for masks, both doc offices have dispensers of them mounted on the wall for patients to use.  Been doing that for several years now.  Child size too.  I bring my own and mask in the parking lot.  Dispose of it in the trash on my way out. 

I haven't...but should, now I think about it.....bring sanitizing wipes into car to wash after.  Can't leave IN the car....it freezes stiff below zero.  :buttercup:  I do usually have to use their restroom....but have routine for minimizing chances in there too.  Includes opening door with the paper towels I dried with and holding it open with my foot while passing thru and toss paper towel into trash.  No touching door handles on the way out.

Today I have felt poorly.  Not the bronchitis....some coughing.  But the heavy fatigue and not having coordination = MS.  I don't have the type that flares up and recedes.  But "low tide shows where the rocks are"  and I NEED TO RIDE A HORSE!  Get my coordination back at least.  I haven't even found a riding place we could pay to ride yet.  Kinda been otherwise occupied. 

AND we're getting snow again.  :0327: 

:cheer:  for Miki's 10,000 steps before noon.  I didn't do any 'porch laps' today...snowing, blowing onto porch.  Also temperatures started at 20* and are at 10* now.  We'll be below zero tonite.  :groooansmileyf:

MtRider  ....Hmph!  Can ya tell I'm not having a good day?  Did have a nice nap. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I remember always getting vertigo before it started to move.  Would burn my hand or arm on the pizza oven where I worked.

I think you're going to need to get to your doc for an x-ray.  You can't stay in pain for too long.  That will just wear your system down.

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 2

Cleaned out and re organized my in house pantry this morning. Took 2.5 hours. I looked at the time and I was supposed to be at the shop getting a haircut in 5 minutes so grabbed my purse, locked the door and took off. Almost on time! Slowing down this afternoon.

Still haven't cleaned the concrete blocks--Maybe Friday.

Anybody know how Jeepers is doing today?

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Thanks 1

No better but no worse. Thanks for asking. I'm pretty sure it's kidney stones. Back hurts, side hurts and still peeing a little bit of blood. And oh the pain when I 'go'. Lawsy. Feels like contractions. I'll be sitting down and all at once I have to go RIGHT NOW. Sheesh, I have to run a few yards and still barely make it. A few trickles and some spasms and I'm done for about 30 minutes. Tomorrow afternoon can't come too soon. Not sure what they can do for it though. Maybe muscle relaxer? 

Thanks a lot Ambergris.  :fryingpan:

I think it is passing!  Ay, Caramba, that smarts!  :runcirclsmiley2:

• Sad 4

Jeepers, praying that they find what it is and can get you on the right track fast.  You have had enough issues with health.

Miki,  2.5 hours to get your pantry cleaned out. That's great. It took me 2 days because of the stupid sliding door wouldn't slide and DH was working on it. He's not as fast as he used to be. But that door just did not want to stay on the track. But it is all done now. 

Washed sheets and the throw covers that DH always covers up in the den with. Also washed the throw pillows that I prop is feet up in the recliner when his feet and legs are badly swollen. 

DH has come a long way from 2 months ago. I really was worried he would be in heaven as bad off as he was. Yes it was that bad. But again prayers pulled him through. Thank you Jesus for getting him through it. Today he asked if I was going to store. Told him tomorrow but he wanted to go today. That is a really good sign if he is asking to go somewhere now. The more I can get him out walking the sooner his strength will start coming back.  He is starting to become more of his self again.   I didn't really need anything from store other than sour cream and to pick up the prescriptions that were ready.  He walked every isle of that store and it was one of the bigger stores. Good exersize for him.

• Like 5

Good for your dh, Lil'Sister!  :pray:... he continues to regain health!!

:hug3:  Jeepers.... :pray: ... that all will go well at doc tomorrow.....and  :(  the looong hours before that appointment arrives.    [so baaad, Ambergris!]  :rolleyes:

:sigh:    I am also going back to the doctor tomorrow morning.  This has got to be record for me.  THREE times in 4 weeks!  Sheeeeeesh!  But....I'm mixed up with WHAT to take WHEN for the cough.  Should I just do cough drops for the final phase of recovery?  OR do I need to continue the inhaler....OR the cough suppressant...OR both?    IS coughing good to keep stuff from staying down in the lungs?  OR  are we trying to keep me from coughing and eliminate that symptom ...eventually?   And WHAT TYPE of cough is OK and what is getting deeper and worse??  Cuz it IS getting deeper and worse again.     :sassing:    I'm not as bright as usual right now.....or IS this actually that confusing????

AND   :sigh:   I've been shaky too often lately. :imoksmiley:Hand tremors and feeling like I'm going to black out.  Sparkly black in vision.  Not all the time but too frequently.  So when it happened this morning, I had DH take my BP.  He's got professional equipment and is the professional so it's accurate.  Welllllll....I am blessed with nicely low BP.  This morning it was 90/60.  Ummmm, that would explain the 'sparkly black' in vision.  Little TOO low.   O2 saturation rate and pulse is okay. 

Since I just dither when it comes to "should I go see doc AGAIN?????"....DH just got on the phone and made appt....AGAIN!  :shrug: 

MtRider  ...keep praying, friends.  I'd like to get back to normal!  4 wks now!

Oh....we went to somewhat below zero last nite - didn't see how much.  Our HIGH was 13* ....and that was when the sun was shining!  It's already MINUS 5* at 8:30PM.  :frozen:   

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 4
On 2/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jeepers said:

Wish I could cut my own

I partition my hair into several "clumps".  On the top of my head I part it down towards my eyebrows on both sides, then take a hair scruggie and put it in a sort of pony tail at my scalp, and then hanging down towards my chin.  Then I measure to my chin and put another hair tie...then I cut about an inch below that hair tie.  THEN...I part down both sides, putting a hair scruggie at the scalp, then measure down to where I want it to be, put the hair tie, and again...cut just below the hair tie.  I do this on both sides.  THEN...I grab two "hanks" from each back side and start twisting it until it's tight...then I cut off however many inches I want. Then under those, I do the same thing again.  That leaves me the last lower level which I also do the same to.  Once I brush it out, then I part in back, pull to the front, and make sure both are the same length.  Clear as mud?  Anyhoo...that's how I cut my hair.  It's still several inches below my shoulders but that's what I wanted...and the layers especially. Just sharing.

• Like 2
On 2/3/2020 at 5:20 PM, Jeepers said:

What if I'm sitting next to

Stopped by the eye doctor to pay off the last of the bill for the catarac exam and the office mgr was busy for the moment so the receptionist said "take a seat"...I said "No thanks...I don't sit where sick people may be sat" and stepped into the area where they display their frames etc.  She got the funniest look on her face...she was probably about 25...:laughkick: Then when I did get to take care of my biz I pumped some of the sanitizer on the counter, and then after I used "their" pen, I sanitized my hands and my wallet.  I'm sure they really thought I was a goof...but I didn't go home with anybody's "stuff".  Then when I got home I gave my hands a good soapy wash.  :24:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The weather was at 60+ again yesterday and hubby said "it sure seems awful to have to be inside on another beautiful day like this"...:) So...decided to go back to the Amish store and pick up more dog food, another case of paper towels, another case of TP and two more packs of sliced ham. 

Then today, I finished vacuum sealing the pasta's, the gelatins, the popcorn, and putting away other items...hubby took the laundry over and let it dry while he was working.  It was cold, rainy and spit a bit of snow but it didn't stay.  The ground's too warm from these past couple of days...but it's supposed to snow again later this evening.  

Hands, feet and back were letting me know I'd been on my feet most of the day...:imoksmiley: Fixed supper, then we watched the State of the Union address...what a shame that the President of our United States has to endure that type of "white coat" behavior!

Changed the bed sheets and pillow cases so I'm done wifey work for the night!

Jeepers...I'm hoping to hear that it was a "passing stone" and that you're in recovery mode now.  A relative of ours in another state has suffered from them many, many times.  Not sure why she gets them so often, but she does.  Perhaps genetics?  Perhaps dehydration? Who knows! :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Starting to work hard at physical rehab after back surgery.  Surgery long, but...I CAN STAND UP STRAIGHT AGAIN!  Of course, I also have to retrain my muscles in proper posture again, but hey, I always did need a "project"

Reading all this stuff on Mrs S lately, I find I am becoming increasingly convinced that our "slippage" as a society is increasing in speed and intensity.  What used to be small wobbles in the norm are becoming pendulum swings  and I am becoming increasingly "gray" in the prep sense even as I try to step up preps.  

Even in my speech I have returned to the more circumspect style learned in my childhood where I was raised conservative Republican in a place of uber-liberal Democrats.  Never discussing politics or religious because "it's too divisive" and quickly changing the subject was something I became adept at because antifa's tactics were used even then against those that were not of the "proper" political persuasion.

But  I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud yesterday, when someone told me they liked a certain politician because he was "just like them"  (at least according to their TV ads), and instead of saying what I really thought  ("You mean he is as self-righeously ignorant as you are?") what came out of my mouth was "Oh, he really resonates with you then?  Did you see the basketball game last night?"

Gotta love that early childhood training.  Stands me in good stead even today.  

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1