MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

6 hours isn't a bad drive, that's how long my monthly trips take. Enjoy and stay safe Lady.

We went to see The Secret Life of Pets, today. Cute.

Been pondering downsizing.... it's starting it that's the hard part.

Have a great time, Jeepers! I'm sure you will!

We know we will be moving in 2 or 3 months, hopefully, but it is confusing. We are keeping the rental that BIL owns here, at least for awhile. So we don't have to move everything (at once). Some of the mobiles in the parks in FL come completely furnished and some don't. Since we don't know what we will be buying yet, we are kind of stalled out right now. I don't have a problem downsizing. Remember we went from a 4 bedroom house to a 25 foot motor home 15 years ago. Just not sure how much to do or where to start right now!

Headed to the church to decorate for VBS. I love doing it! Hopefully we will finish today and tomorrow because we have several new teachers this year and they are decorating their own rooms. I have done the bulk of decorating for several years because so many of the teachers were the Moms, the Sunday school teachers, the summer camp chaperones ... and everything else. They would literally get home from camp Sunday morning, decorate and set up their rooms Sunday afternoon and start VBS Monday. It was asking too much of them. But we have some new folks who are stepping in and it is perfect timing for me and what we have going on at home. My partner in crime and I have taken a set of rooms to designate as a VBS Workroom. There is one big classroom surrounded by four smaller ones. The large room I just painted and we will use it for crafts, etc. One small room will be set up for small child playroom and the other three will be for completed craft storage. The themes rotate and stuff we use this year will be usable again in two-three years. By storing it, we save on money, time, and energy resources and make subsequent years so much easier. Also, by having this workroom, we can begin working on crafts throughout the year while the AC is already running upstairs. This saves on the electric bill, which is so important to our small church. We have been planning this for several years, and are really excited to actually see it come to fruition. The best part is, other ministries will also have access to the workroom as needed throughout the year! These rooms have been sitting empty upstairs for years. It feels good to stop all that waste!!! Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow.

Installed all the ceiling drywall today in the new bedroom. Renting the 'lift' was a back-saver. We always used those T-braces in the past. NO .. MORE! :hapydancsmil: DH hurt his back so we may wait on buying the last 17 sheets of drywall till tomorrow. He heals fast. :woohoo:

We're starting to get excited about our house closing in Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. It will be a marathon for the next several months to get this place finished and on the market and get moved farther north. Did I mention the 150 perennial starts in pots that need to be moved too? :0327:

Sheetrock lifts are truly a life-saver Homesteader! MrWE2 has had his several years and turned a 4 man job into a 1 man job....but...sometimes I've had to help him lift it onto the lift :-) He prefers to buy the longer sheets so he doesn't have so many joints. You'll have to show us some pics of your new crib! LOL

Spent most of the day taking my time vacuuming and changing out bed linens. Lots of thunderstorms all day and lots of rain so me and Abby-girl just stayed inside other than her potty breaks.

Lol Mt_Rider.

Taking it easy after making jam and cleaning the kitchen.

It's hot out, as usual. I took the pot of hot water outside as soon as the jam was done to try to minimize the heat on the house.

Chickens have their wet canvas. I think one of the little ones we got in February may be laying. The egg is small and round. The friend who has the other three has been getting small eggs for a couple of weeks. He mentioned his eggs are getting bigger now.

Please, no pokemon! Never played it when it was a video game. Or was it a game or just cards?

Having car issues again! Mine is getting a new radiator Monday and whatever goes with that. DHs is just running real rough, so his goes in Tuesday or when mine is done. They should both be brand new cars by now! LOL

I don't have a problem downsizing. Remember we went from a 4 bedroom house to a 25 foot motor home 15 years ago. Just not sure how much to do or where to start right now!

Wow! That must have been an experience letting things go.

We have lovely weather for a change sunny and blue skies.

So we are making the most of it by washing some blankets and large towels we have that have been sitting in a cupboard for awhile.

We have quite a dilemma on our hands at the moment.

As some of you know we lost our son last year.

We have 2 DDs One is in Australia with her DH and their 2 girls she has told told us she is having another baby in Jan.

Our other DD lives in Manchester U.K. with her DH and she also is having her first baby in Oct.

Then next April she and her little family are moving to Australia as he has been offered a job there.

Both girls have been talking and have asked us to move out there in the next 3 years or so.

As once my DD goes we will be on or own.

So we have a lot of thinking to do Also a lot of :pray: :pray:

I don't have a problem downsizing. Remember we went from a 4 bedroom house to a 25 foot motor home 15 years ago. Just not sure how much to do or where to start right now!

Wow! That must have been an experience letting things go.

DH went a little too far with that and I was mad at him for a couple of years! Had to sell ALL of my mom's depression glass, all canning equip. even most of my spices. He said there was no room. But there was room at the end for his guitars and amps. Over the next 10 years or so, I repurchased all canning equip. and of course cooking ingredients. When we get to FL, I will work on another depression glass collection! When we downsize this time, I will be a little (lot) more assertive. Neither one of us knew what we were doing the first time.

Aww Daisy :pray:

I know that feeling. I'm being talked to by my son and DIL about moving closer to them and their new baby. I just got off of the phone with my D-ex and he was putting on the pressure for me to move over by them too. He wants our side of the family involved with raising him. Ex lives on the other side of the country. Sigh.

Today is "Road trip" day to visit MIL. Praying traffic is light and smooth.

(((Daisy56))) (((Jeepers)))

Wow Snapshotmiki, downsizing that much must have been a heart ache. When DH & I first met and moved, I had to get rid of anything that would not fit in the bed of the pickup truck.

Started early to try and beat some of the heat; still cleaning up the mess the "renter" left for us :-( He had the back porch/laundry area as his storage area and it was full of all kinds of junk he left behind...three 33 gallon trash cans full and we're not done with that area yet...and still have four more rooms upstairs :-( Watered the garden while MrWE2 put some bleach and fresh water into the fresh water tank of our travel trailer. It's been sitting and so hot, we just wanted to be on the safe side for this next week's travel plans. We'll drain it tomorrow, re-fill, drain again and then re-fill Saturday before we take off. We never use water from "alien" sources even though it's only for bathroom and kitchen use. We take bottled water for drinking and use distilled water in our portable ice maker. We're camping near a friends property to do some work they need done, but will work early...break and go back to the campground to cool off for a long lunch break, and then back for afternoon work when it's cooled a bit. We've got work clothes that we've sprayed with Perimithin (?) and that's what we wear when we're in the garden etc., and will make sure we take them with us. Not crazy about using that stuff but mosquito's and ticks are dangerous...and my body absolutely reacts negatively to mosquito, chigger or tick bites. Only two things have I found that help stop the itching and allergic reaction...Right Guard aerosol deodorant and Noxema skin cleanser (I use the knock off brand from WM). I prefer the Noxema.

We had a friend of a neighbor want to tour our home tonight. He was interested in looking first, as it goes on the market in several weeks. We spent several hours cleaning, sorting, and stashing. The guy came through in a hurry and offered us cash. It was $50,000 less than the appraisal. DH was very nice and said good-bye. The fellow is from Salvador and is more interested in how many bedrooms and parking places than he is in the remodeled place. :tapfoot:

At least we got the place cleaned and ready for future people to tour. :laughkick:

Lol Homesteader, those quick, emergency cleanings seem to last longer than planned cleanings.

We2s, sounds like you have a mess to clean. At least you have a plan. Don't work too hard in the heat.

Made it here safely, only one stoppage due to road work. 103 here at 5pm. MIL has the AC blasting. :D

Time to get some rest.

Glad you are safe and sound at MIL's house!

Sheesh Homesteader, $50,000 less! Did he want you to give it away? Sounds like a 'lookie loo'.

Ya know...if your giving away a house...and you are in Indy...and I want to move to Indy... Think of the baby. Do it for the baby! :happy0203:

I went to Wal-Mart to get Sweet Baby J some more drawers. On the way home I passed a Wendy's and decided to stop. I like their Tropical Green Tea. Anyway, that Wendy's has the friendliest staff I've ever seen anywhere. They are always all smiles and 'thank you hon' and one guy even says 'have a blessed day'. Anyway, there really is a point to my story.

The girl saw that I had my seat belt on but the shoulder strap was under my arm. If I don't do that the strap cuts right under my chin and around my neck. So she said, "Honey look at where your seatbelt is fastened to the side of the car." I did. She said, "You see that little black button above it?" I did. She said, "Slide it down." I did and holy cow. The seatbelt lowered itself down to a position where it isn't choking me now! I could have hugged her. Well, I know I would have if I hadn't been in the car.

So just incase I was the last person on the planet to not know that, I figured I'd pass that little tidbit on to you all. It's the simple things in life...

:laughkick: ...... the last person on the planet to not know that..... :008Laughing:

I've felt like that MANY times, Jeepers. I did know this button....but as far as MtRider is concerned, there are WAYYYYY too many buttons in our civilization.

:happy0203: How kind of her to enlighten you tho! You are safer now! :hug3:

Lol, Jeepers, it was a long time before I found that button too.

Today, I'm waiting at the door to have the car serviced. Then, MIL wants to do some shopping. My To Do list includes weeding and changing the AC filter, among other things.

Hoping everyone is having a great day.