MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Euphrasyne, if you need to wash clothes while waiting for yours to come. You can always come here to wash clothes. My washer is a small one but will do a good size load of clothes. 

You are right about the camper; GS would probably smoke in it. Though he did stop vaping again. For how long this time, who knows. But he is still smoking cigarettes. I can smell it on my patio. 

Mt. Rider, hope your DH doesn't come down with your cold and I hope you get over it soon. And yes, :pray: for that situation with your DH's client.  

Jeepers, you should get a lot more for your house than you think. All new toilets, sinks, carpet, kitchen tile, etc. will also count in the price of the house. Check to see what the prices of houses in your area are selling for. That will give you an idea about your house. If you can take a virtual tour of any that are on sell though some of the agents, it will tell you a good deal about selling your house. 

Themartinchick, congratulations on retirement, even if it is simi retirement. 

Got the potatoes canned and had some left over for dinner tonight. So fried those up and grilled chicken on the Ninja grill. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our  old ones are LG. We have had issues so DH is currently NO LG anything.  LG = NO. some things are not worth arguing over. this is one. 

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 3

Second floor drying porch....sounds like it WAS a nice set up, M.Chick.  :clothesline:   We have a second floor porch and yes, I hung a clothes line between posts.  Only trouble is, the laundry is down the stairs, under the porch and  inside the front side of the basement.  So we're hauling too.  DH and I share the laundry.  If anyone is going up or down, we try to remember to catch the laundry while we're up/down.  One does not do laundry on rain or snow days tho.  Especially snow since we always must sweep/shovel the stairs before stepping on them.  We don't have an inside access to the built-into-the-hill basement area.  (cuz this cabin is too small!)  Do have dryer with the washer but some things need to be hung!  The dryer would eat them.  So I have all sorts of creativity to hang stuff in the bathroom too for inclement weather at the clothes line.  Like verticle clothes line for light weight stuff like sox/undies. 

Well, I'm feeling improved today....chasing away this mild (so far) cold.  :fever:   No fever.  DH is taking stuff to make sure I don't 'share'.  :lol:  So far; so good.     I took a nap today.  I felt much better after that. :amen: Working on getting at least IN bed by midnight....tho tonite is:

DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME SWITCH.  Everyone remember we lose an hour tonite. 

{ does that mean it's midnight-thirty already? }  <_<  

MtRider  :offtobed: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 5

We have had an LG fridge and a dryer and never again will I buy an LG. They are cheaply built and won't last. 

No church today. Woke up with my knee giving out. And it is the right knee. So only need that to drive. Go figure. Waiting on the results of the X-Rays which the tech said will take about 2 weeks. This should have been taken care of 6 months ago and the doctor ignored me. That is why I am taking things away from him and getting a round of new doctors. He is the last one to go. Got two doctors in mind but not sure yet which one I want to go with. Need to make that decision soon. 

Will be going though boxes all day today.  Have already started on some. Needed to stop for a cup of coffee. Need coffee to function some days. What can I say. The rain hasn't helped my shoulder any either. It's also screaming at me this morning.  I have the baby tomorrow from 10am till 2pm so that's not too bad. I can get some things done early tomorrow and again when she goes home. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

One does not do laundry on rain or snow days tho.  Especially snow since we always must sweep/shovel the stairs before stepping on them.  We don't have an inside access to the built-into-the-hill basement area.  (cuz this cabin is too small!)  Do have dryer with the washer but some things need to be hung!  The dryer would eat them.  So I have all sorts of creativity to hang stuff in the bathroom too for inclement weather at the clothes line.  Like verticle clothes line for light weight stuff like sox/undies. 

Well, I'm feeling improved today....chasing away this mild (so far) cold.  :fever:   No fever.  DH is taking stuff to make sure I don't 'share'.  :lol:  So far; so good.     I took a nap today.  I felt much better after that. :amen: Working on getting at least IN bed by midnight....tho tonite is:

DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME SWITCH.  Everyone remember we lose an hour tonite. 

{ does that mean it's midnight-thirty already? }  <_<  

MtRider  :offtobed: 

The beauty of the drying porch was that it was fully screened. I could hang clothes out when it rained and I used to put up plastic sheeting during the winter. I couldn't dry clothes out there all winter, but could dry them through December and whenever there was a thaw. The upstairs laundry room also had racks for drying. It doubles as extra pantry space, too. Our basement is a dirty one. The house is an old Victorian so everything is stone and cement. I hate doing laundry there because if you drop something on the floor, it becomes instantly dirty. For that reason, I don't use the drying racks in it. With a little luck, we will be out of this house soon and will rent it out. I want a really clean basement in the next house and I want it remodeled into a rec room and laundry.

• Like 3

Themartianchick, I hope you find the perfect house. 

I am still wanting to get out of this area, but it will be a while. So just going to work on this house for now.  Got a lot of boxes emptied and things put away. But still a way to go. But getting closer.  I need to get the dining room furniture set up to sell. Once that is out of here, I can really get things going. Though don't want to buy new furniture till GS has moved totally out. My bar stools have been his table napkins, and I am not cleaning those seats again just so he can wipe his dirty hands on them again. In a lot of ways, he is so hopeless. What can you say, he's a boy with no idea what it means to wash his hands at the sink and not on furniture. 

• Sad 1

I shouldn’t try to do 10 things at once... seems nothing gets done. :sigh:

Need to get the broth canned...

Need to make lotion... 

Blew a 100 amp fuse (half the garage. Impossible to find. Wish DH would just let me order it from Amazon. He’s still trying to catch the hardware up town open... they’re never open. If not, I have to run to Shipshewana to get it— and then I might as well do some work in our building before season opens. 
I need 2 days to make soap. One to make. And one to cut/stack since my shelves are full and I have to clear and box a shelf before I can stack. :buttercup: Pretty sure I won’t have 2 days together until next week. Gotta go with Mom on Friday for MRI and she’s doing Sunday dinner this week (corned beef and cabbage).
Still need to clean out van and camper. 

• Like 4

You are busy, Necie! My husband still drags his feet when I mention that I can order the exact thingamajig he needs online versus going to six different local stores and hoping that they have the correct obscure part. There has to be a male gene involved in this...:tapfoot:

Today, I will make chicken salad, a chopped salad, wheat rolls, and soup. I will also be cleaning out my humidifier. It is designed to give the whole house some extra moisture when the heat is on and addresses some of the menopausal eye dryness that I've been dealing with. You are supposed to only use filtered water in it and I started out using a Brita to provide it. Hubby decided that it was too much work and started filling it with tap water, so it now has some limescale in the bottom. I also plan to filter some more water so that there is always some available to pour in. I also have a little consulting work to get through, too.

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 3

GD still not here yet. So mopped kitchen floor and did a few other things this morning. Got the old fans out to garage to clean when I have more time. Got all the food I canned put away. And now looking at plans for the den, living and dining room.  I am debating putting the old living room furniture back into the living room for now and moving just the dining room table to the den. That will give me an idea of rather I really want to go that route. But pretty sure I do. It would just give me an idea of how I want this house to be set up with using the old furniture I have. Right now, there is nothing in the living room but empty plastic tubs, the boxes of Christmas things I haven't put away yet as the raised bed tubs are in boxes in that shed. So can't get to the shelve yet. And my aero garden stuff which will stay in there. So just need to get all that stuff put away where it belongs. Then I can think about what I want to do to make this house easier for me to clean and maneuver around in. 

I need to measure for some braded rugs. And to look around at curtains for living and dining rooms. 

• Like 4

You are all so busy!  Tis the season!

This will be dinner.

bdcabcb262653df3b84bf1fddab14c8a.jpg

This may contain: an advertisement for creamy french onion beef noodles

Already walked today.
Did 2 loads of laundry.
Have 4 trays of sliced sweet potatoes dehydrating in oven for dog treats.
Set up DH's pills for the next month.
Still need to walk Oreo. We have him until Wednesday.
Cook dinner.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

Oreo...:sigh:

:hug3:   

Is the beef and noodles something you made, bought, froze or canned? Because that is something I would love!  :feedme: 

I made it. It was fast and easy and  very good!  Recipe  should be  in link. 

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, snapshotmiki said:

I made it. It was fast and easy and  very good!  Recipe  should be  in link. 

There’s no link. ? :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 'little consulting work' that I mentioned has now consumed about 4 hours of my day and isn't all comprised of billable hours. However, I did pick up 2 new clients (old friend and his girlfriend) so that should pay off down the road. So far, the bread machine has made the dough for rolls, and I made the chicken salad and chopped salad. I even managed to pace through the house while talking to the new client! (That counts as exercise, right?) I do need to take care of that humidifier, though. Once the sun goes down, I lose all energy to get things done.

I am inspired by your diligence, Littlesister! I have some deep cleaning and decluttering that needs to occur in this house, but I keep procrastinating. Maybe I'll start next week... :groooansmileyf:

• Like 5

Themartinchick,  I have to keep pushing myself or I will never get things done. Babysitting is taking up a lot of my time now. So, having to get what I can done before the baby gets here and again after she goes home. But right now, I am so tired I need a nap and it's too late for that. DGD will be here at 9:30 tomorrow morning and work until 4pm. She will be working from my house tomorrow. It's her long day. 

GS worked on the wood pile today as he was off today and then came in and cleaned his bathroom. So at least he did something today. But I really wish he would study for that test. 

My shoulder blade is killing me right now. So might need to take some Aleve. If it is tendinitis, I guess he will call something in or send me to physical therapy. Guess I will find out soon enough.  Been doing a lot of walking with the baby around the neighborhood. So at least I am getting my exercise in. 

Miki, that beef and noodles look really good. Would love to have the recipe. 

• Like 4

Finally got the beef stock canned today and did a bit of *clearing up* in the kitchen. Things just tend to pile up. :buttercup: 
Killed my sourdough starter— discard and all. I don’t think I’m gonna mess with it again till next year. Haven’t had time to hardly bake anything anyhow and busy season is coming up. I’ll just wait and restart some from dried after hunting season. 

Plan for the week:

Tomorrow: Shipshewana- to get fuse and work in building at flea market. It’s supposed to be in the mid 60s.

Wednesday: Make soap. And maybe lotion.

Thursday: Cut/stack soap. And maybe make lotion. 
Friday: Go with Mom for MRI. Chiro thinks she has a bulging disc in her back. 

My plans don’t usually go as *planned*... we’ll see how far I get. 🥴

:hug3:and :kissy:

Necie

• Like 4

Martian....yes!  Any walking counts.  I tend to pace when I talk on the phone too.  :thumbs:   I do "porch laps".... if the weather is reasonable.  25' one way and back.  Dog thinks I'm nuts.  We should play with her Tug A Rope.  :lol:  

Littles Sister....I hope you can get someone to really examine that shoulder of yours!  You've had that a long time already!  New doctors.....until you find one that suits you....listens and acts on your behalf.  { isn't THAT their job description?}

Sheeesh, Necie.  You're schedule makes me tired just reading it.  But yeah....always have to factor in the UNexpected. 

Miki..... Oreo?  Did I miss something.  :unsure:  :(  

We've been having a LOT of communication with everyone involved with DH's home health aide - H.  She's just caught on tonite that her favorite home aide (DH) has quit.  Got a tearful phone call from her.  He didn't have any choice.  He cannot morally nor ethically give a med to someone that is reacting VERY badly to it.  So...the battle lines are drawn.  Some for H and some for taking H's stuff and stuffing her into some care home - locked.  Battle is not over but DH has stepped out of it....sort of.  H wants him back.  He offered to meet her for lunch sometime.  Then he's not under his employer nor anyone else.  Doesn't have to give her wretched meds that string her up so badly.  There really is a fond friendship between them.  I'm involved enough to be losing sleep also.  Two good neighbor/friends are with H.  Calming her in evenings.  Pray that the Adult Protective services lady will see things clearly  for H tomorrow at neurologist appt.  :pray:   And she'll see that H's sister has selfish, evil intentions.  And EVERYONE can see H should not be on that drug!  Distinct behavior change ....and not better!  We're still in the battle but indirectly now.  And....we need better sleep!  It's distressing when you see someone vulnerable that is being abused by anyone...let alone "family".  :sad-smiley-012:  But H still has supporters!  And God KNOWS.... 

I've actually had pretty good indoor energy lately.  Hawaiian every nite.  Make meals.  Clear a bit here and there.  Small stuff that adds up.  Haven't been getting out for walking dog tho.  Cuz energy comes in spurts.  Afraid the "spurt" will run out while I'm on the road with dog.  And I'm still trying to get IN bed by midnight.  Sleep .... hopefully follows.  Right Miki?...Jeepers?  Full time job trying to get a full night's sleep!!  Didn't happen last nite.  So tonite....muscle relaxant already taken. 

MtRider ...take care, all.  :offtobed:    (time shift isn't helping)  <_< 

• Like 2

Necie I can relate on the store issue vs ordering online. Some things though I do better seeing in person I'm a terrible judge of size online so I prefer to buy some things in person if I don't know the part number or a measurement.

Themartianchick glad you're networking is paying off! Hope you get more jobs from them.

Miki that sounds yummy! I made spanish rice with kielbasa sausage with peppers and onions for dinner. It was easy and tasty.

Mt Rider sending best wishes for the whole situation! :hug3:

Littlesister sounds like you have a good plan for your house just to try it out to see if you like

it sounds good. I keep doing that with my house as well. Still not set on where my "office" and craft spaces will be. I spend most of my time downstairs but don't really want the craft stuff everywhere, and do need a desk but want to be able to see the tv while I sew and work, so trying to sort that out. I could use our bedroom too, there is a tv in there for the sewing area, but I may have to settle for viewing on my laptop (sewing tutorials, etc) Not sure I want the mess in my bedroom. Area I had designated for my crafting is filled appliances right now.

I managed to go through some clothes in my closet last night and decluttered a whole large box worth. So happy about that as I never wear them and they were just taking up space. Still more to do but that got a shelf cleared that I put extra bedding on that got it off the closet floor so that was good.

• Like 3

Good morning, everyone!

Today, I am taking my dad to get an x-ray and hoping that is the only thing on his agenda. We took him grocery shopping last week and made a little outing of it by taking him to see our daughter's new house before the demolition/rehab begins. He can be extremely slow in a store and a simple trip to the doctor's office and a store like BJ's or Walmart can take up an entire afternoon. My husband had been managing the majority of his appointments, but now that I am retired I will be doing more.

Aside from that, I plan to get in some weight training and a walk today. The temperature is going up to 58 degrees, so it should be a beautiful day! Hubby will be fixing something on his sister's car. I also need to get our health insurance sorted out. I tried to apply for coverage on the NY Health Exchange on Sunday, but the website had a problem in the middle of the application. I also need to find a Medicare Part B for hubby, as he was using my work insurance to cover that portion of his medical expenses.

No cooking will happen today, as we have leftover chicken soup and rolls for dinner.

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Baby up way past midnight.  Mom called before I got out of bed.  Aunt died.  Have to finish cleaning so washer/dryer can be delivered tomorrow.   It is a day.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Sad 7

I'm sorry about your Aunt, euphraysne!  

Here is the link for the dinner from yesterday.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558727897538600958/

I'm glad you are getting home life straightened out, Becca Anne.

@Mt_Rider, about Oreo.  We have to have him put down as he is still biting DH after 5.5 years.  DH is concerned for his daughter and grandson when they come visit.  Rough decision, but his previous abuse never went away.

Good morning, family!

Walked first.
Vote in primary.
Walked dogs.
Work on cleaning in shed, today.
Pretty easy, except for the shed part.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Euphrasyne so sorry to hear about your aunt.  :hug3:

Miki so sorry also to hear about Oreo and having to make that decision. I know it will be a tough one. :hug3:

I saved that recipe. I want to try it. It really looks good. 

Becca Anne, you seem to be really starting to get really busy now. Gardens and everything else going. 

Babysat till about an hour ago. DGD worked from here and just left a bit ago. Baby was getting sleepy so hoping she fell asleep on the way home. She was a good baby all day today again. We strolled about 2 miles today. She loved it and today was in low 70's. Then we swung on the outside swing, and she fell asleep in my arms. So, I just sat in swing and swung till she woke up. Then mommy fed her and then we played with toys. Yep, I'm tired. 

Need to work on some more things this afternoon. But needed a break and a cup of coffee. May it give me some energy. I need it. 

• Like 4

I've had a couple of busy days. Ran errands yesterday. Went to Costco to check on my membership. I wasn't sure when it expired and DIL uses it. I have until the end of June. Went over to Best Buy for a laptop. Not sure why since my internet is out. But there it is.

My energy was fading fast but I went on in to Hobby Lobby.  I just wanted a little plant thingy for the bathroom insert. I had checked out Walmart and Meijers and all they has were big ones. I got a small fern thing on sale for $5.00 and a set of three tiny square bowls to put a bath bomb in for $3.50. They are probably meant for a dipping sauce? With those, the hall bathroom is complete. They were cheap but made the room look...sellable. 

I didn't have much energy left and was having a lot of dizziness issues. But I needed to find a clip thing to keep a screen window in place. Lowes sent me on a wild goose chase and Home Depot had no idea what I was talking about. Guess I'll have to Amazon them. 

By the time I got back toward home I thought I had enough umph to run in Meijers. I needed more dimmable light bulbs and a few other things. Mainly white glue. No Elmer's glue was to be found. Not even an empty place for it. Suppose I'll have to go back to Walmart for it. I need it for wallpaper repair. I did pick up some fruit. Our Meijers has the best fruit/veg around. Of course we don't have a lot of options. While out driving I noticed our Save A Lot closed down. 

• Like 5