MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Went to the doctor today. Mostly just a blood pressure check. I complained about my BP and dizziness. I told him when I check my blood pressure my heart rate is always too high. I told him I'm sure I have POTS. He said he can't say for sure without proper testing, but he is pretty certain too. So, another med that should help with BP and rapid heart rate. It's one I was on a long long time ago so I know I can take it. A very low dose to start with. Metoprolol or something like that. Autocorect is not helping. Wonder if the pharmacy can get it.

I also complained about sleep issues. He finally prescribed my ambien! It is a controlled substance evidently and I had to sign a form saying I don't take any opioids, and that I would only get them from his practice and no other pharmacy than the one I use and he asked if I used Marijuana...:blah:. I had to give a blood test and a urine test. I'm totally clean. Fortunately I only need to take it occasionally. 

All of that was the easy part. I had to use a mouse to sign electronically. I couldn't do it. You have to hold the mouse down and move it around while signing your name. Mouse was on a slippery desk. I know it took me over 10 trys to get something scrawled on there. All the while he was trying to make it work. I was so embarrassed. Finally something showed up on the screen and he said, "Good enough." :24:

He also gave me a number for a cardiologist referral if I want to see one. Suppose it will determine how long out an appointment is. 

• Like 6

It was my great aunt and DH brought in a whole thing about aunt vs great aunt. She was the closest person to me in my family.  We were basically the same.   I miss her more than my mom. She was that to me. My husband is distracted, bit I am just sad.  I will get over it, but I am still sad.  Everything is temporary.  Deal and live. 

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Sad 5
2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I got a small fern thing on sale for $5.00 and a set of three tiny square bowls to put a bath bomb in for $3.50. They are probably meant for a dipping sauce?

I love finding "non-traditional" uses for things!  :thumbs:

• Like 6

Euphrasyne, I get it about titles. We call second cousins our cousin etc. My G-son calls a few people his aunt and uncle because he doesn't have any blood related ones. I think they are really DIL's cousins or something or someone married in. It's all good. 

Also, with them, it's more of a respect thing. They don't like for him calling adults by their first name unless he says mister or miss and then their first name. His neighbors were Mister Dennis and Miss Kelly. 

I'm sorry you lost your aunt that you loved so much.  Of course you are sad.  :hug3:

• Like 4

Euphrosyne, doesn't matter if she was a great aunt or just aunt. You miss her and that is all that counts. You will be sad about it for a while, but you will get through it. It just takes time and with time you will heal. :hug3:

Went through garage and put some of the cleaning supplies that both grandchildren left here when they were moving. GSs was with moving back in. It was all still sitting in boxes on garage floor. So got that taken care of. 

The guys putting in the new gutters will be here tomorrow morning to make sure they have the right color of white for them. They have 3 different shades of white and need to be sure to have the right one. They will be putting them in on the 18th. I have a late day of babysitting tomorrow also. So, should be able to get a lot done in the morning before she gets here. Her dad will be picking her up when he gets off work. 

• Like 3

((((((euphrasyne)))))) 

I’m sorry you lost your Aunt. I was closer to my Great Aunts than I am to my Aunts. They were like second Grandma’s. My mom’s mom died young in a car accident. My mom was 24, I was 5, my sisters were 4, 2 and 1. My Great Aunts stepped up and stepped in. My sisters and I even call their kids (my mom’s cousins) aunt/uncle and their kids are like 1st cousins. Some even closer than my actual 1st cousins. It’s very hard losing that part of *family*. It’s kinda sad that families are now spread so far apart that those kind of relationships don’t happen much anymore. 

• Like 4

Today pretty much went as planned. Went to Shipshewana— got the fuse. Garage electric all works again!! Yay! Stopped at E&S (big Amish bulk store). Got asparagus ($2/#), durum and semolina flours (would like to play with the new pasta attachment for my kitchenaide that the kids got me for Christmas), and some cheap canned/bottled/boxed goods in the discount isle. Spent $45. 
Went to flea market and set up the 3 totes of lotion that I had ready, discount soaps, stuffed bags in my bag holder and filled up the change sections in my cash drawer. Everything is covered with dust. 🤢 Gonna take a couple days of work to clean everything. 
Got home, swept out the camper, filled up a couple bird feeders and checked out my flower beds. Finally have flowers coming up taller than the grass 😂 and even a couple of blooms. Beautiful day— 68*— hubby still won’t take me fishing. 🎣😳

Tomorrow— make soap, maybe lotion, maybe get some of the van cleaned out. 

:hug3:and :kissy:

Necie

914C1193-6FE0-4A20-BA1B-767F6E21955D.jpeg

E4A48A99-0566-4D77-A438-9D9AA0E7F27D.jpeg

47EBCABD-6ADC-46B8-9464-BF78D1DDFFF8.jpeg

9558EFAB-A2C8-45C3-84F9-C746CCE279B6.jpeg

0D495BE3-C43E-48FF-B36F-69B610F02DAF.jpeg

206D32AE-6C85-4AAD-88D0-C124EC803358.jpeg

43639052-E4BA-4697-B2AF-A5325778C9C1.jpeg

D5793EA0-B00C-4892-AD6B-1C9CE320712A.jpeg

74DFDC6E-E562-4E6B-A07A-A4765E212749.jpeg

982EFDB5-793F-4899-87B3-121C1E4A2DFD.jpeg

• Like 5

Euphrasyne,  I understand.   I also lost an Aunt this last week.  She was 98 but that doesn’t make it any easier to handle the loss.  :hug3:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

So sorry, Euphrasyne.  Great aunts were my favorite too.  Grmas not as much.  Saw my dad's aunts so much more often.  Just who is NICE and who is 'emotionally impaired'.  Unfortunately, we lost them much earlier than the Grmas.  I was 15 when AuntP passed away....and I still remember vividly.  :(   Hurts.  One of the anchors I had.  That's when life afterwards can really be rough for a while.  :pray:  

Miki....awwww!  Whoever created that trait in Oreo should pay greatly.  But no, I can understand about bites.  Dog bites are hard to heal up sometimes....risk and pain for your dh.  :(    :hug3:  

Everyone is so busy/productive.  Jeepers carrying on with her head dizzy/blacking out.... :buttercup:    Hope the doc might have guessed right to help that.  Glad you got your Ambien back.  Hope that will work on your sleep issues.  With all the hooha going on this past year....it's a wonder you know where you are when you wake up!  :pray:  

So pretty, Necie!  :lois:    Not gonna be seeing any of THAT around here for a while.  'Nother big snow heading into CO high country.  We're estimated at "over a foot...but possibly TWO FEET!"   :blink:  :imoksmiley:   :sigh:    

First thing I did was check the Power Station.  Battery holding at 100%.  Part of me would like to test it out.......bigger part of me does not want snow-laden limbs of a gazillion trees to break and take the power lines with it.  But with the pellet stove repaired...we've got a lot more insurance of heat.  Plenty of pellets.  We won't be recharging the battery in the snowstorm with the solar panels.  :grinning-smiley-044:   This storm is widespread.  Up and down the Rockies of CO...probably further. 

DH has a "new" client now.  Praying for H....she went with Adult Protection worker to a neurology appt.   DH got the Adult Protection started.  We'll eventually find out how that went....from H's nice neighbor friends.  It's clear she has dementia but it doesn't have to be this bad.  :pray:  Anyway, he'll be gone 5 hrs tomorrow with new client, but it's a LOT closer and no highway driving to get to him.  DH has already been his caregiver before.   "Just happened" that client's current caregiver left this week....so DH is back close to home again.  :amen: Considering tomorrow's weather coming in....good!  He can run around and exchange library movies, grab a couple things from the market, and drop off a check that's due.  All on his way home.  This storm isn't SUPPOSED to get wild until later tomorrow but there is a dusting of snow on my truck already.  :shrug:   We're ready.....stay ready.  And the driveway is very close to completely melted from the last couple snows.  That will help to melt this one ....fill up the lakes and reservoirs!!!!  Always need that in this era of CO history.  

We're over the mild 'colds' we had.  Thankful for the non-pharmaceutical stuff we take.  Got replenishment of same today...while UPS could still get up the driveway. 

MtRider ... here we go again.... :frozen:  

• Like 5

Praying for you two with your storms @Mt_Rider!  You have the wild life!  LOL

Up early and will walk in a few minutes.
Then Oreo to vet.
Aldi.
Pay on hospital bill.
Honestly, don't know what I will do when we get home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Dh took today off work to deal with kid and washer/dryer delivery.  I am so grateful that he is who he is.  I needed it and I didn't even know until he did it.  I am lazing about reading and feeding kid.    

• Like 3

Couldn't get on the site early this morning. Said it was down or something. But up and running ok now. 

Mother, sorry to hear about you losing an aunt also.  

I no longer have any aunts, uncles, the last of them passed in 2020, over half my cousins and my sister. Just a few cousins left and that's it.  

The gutter guy came this morning to make sure he had the right color for the gutters. And said to just get the rain barrels in place where I want them so they can be sure to cut the downspouts to the right length. 

Babysitting around 1pm today. So short day and GSIL will pick her up. So maybe 2 or 3 hours. 

Picked up in kitchen as GS didn't make his usual mess. It was cold early this morning but warming up nicely. Will try to get some things done outside today. 

Necie, the flowers are looking nice. The only thing here so far are daffodils. And my rosemary has some really pretty purple blooms on them. So far that is all the flowers that have come up. Need to work on trimming bushes and weeding out the flower beds again. Talked with my yard man and said something about him not coming back last year to put down the mulch and trimming the bushes. Well, where is he now?  He cut grass and did the edging and no show for the rest. So will be getting someone else for the yard work. I'm over it. Or I might just order the mulch from Lowe's and do it myself. I think I can handle the bags and if not, my GS will do it. One thing about him is he has done yard work for people before and loves it. I would get another riding lawn mower and let him do all the yard work but then when he leaves for Coast Guard, I will be stuck with a lawn mower I can't use. I am a bit up on a hill. I don't do hills. 

Dug through the freezers also early this morning and I really need to get the soup made and canned. Just need a bit of free time so I don't have several things going at once. I really feel a need to finish getting the freezers emptied. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Euphrasyne  and Mother it is so sad that you both  lost your Aunts. My Aunt  Lois was the only normal family member I had. I wish I could have lived near her but even with distance we were always close.  I sure miss her. 

On a happy note...MY SCOOTER IS HERE!!!!!!!! I am so happy. It ONLY took 38 days from breakage to new one. Now I can get to my mailbox and garage. The pain in my back and legs is improving already. It's off to the races..lol.

I called to get my supposedly annual eye exam (after 2 years).  The first appointment they have is October. I tried to get a dermatology appt. too but it will be next year!  What is it with all these long waits?  They tell you to keep up to date but it is impossible with lag times like these. I haven't had a mammo in 4 years.  I wonder if I'll have to wait forever for one of them too. I admit I have put off everything since DH got sick and died.  He would help me get in the dr. offices. I still don't know how I'll manage but I sure have a long time to figure it out.

Another beautiful day.  It makes me want to get out and garden.  Maybe I'll test my mobility in my new scooter  My old one couldn't handle the bare ground but maybe this new one can.

Edited by Momo
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, Momo said:

My old one couldn't handle the bare ground but maybe this new one can

I recognize that issue.  My portable one definitely doesn’t work as it’s only about three inches off the ground.  It doesn’t even take door sills well. My wheelchair supposedly can but that’s what catapulted me out.  My OLD scooter is fairly good and what I use in the yard but don’t put a mole hole or soft ground in front of it.  :grinning-smiley-044:  Thankfully my GS built the thirty foot deck with deck box planters and found some big long rubber mats (actually farm machinery belts) to lay down for paths.  They work great for me to get to one section of the big plastic mineral tub planters.  

Momo, I sure hope your new one will get you out and about more. :hug3:

• Like 2

Momo, I know what you mean about putting things off. I did the same thing when my DH took sick and passed. It was not easy and still isn't but getting a bit better. I am managing to get some things done around the house now. Still have a couple of doctors I need to Resch. my appts. with. Eye doctor has been over 3 years for me. 

I really hope the scooter does really well for you and you will be able to get out in the yard with it also. 

My sincere condolences, Euphrasyne and Mother... It is always difficult to lose someone that you care about. I know that to also be true when you lose a fur-baby, Miki!

We are busy in our household today. Yesterday morning, hubby discovered that we had a small sewage backup in the basement. He figured that he'd address it after lunch because he had something else to do in the morning. As it turned out, he couldn't fix it and planned to work on it this morning. Today, he can't get the drill to go back on the drum auger and it might not work anyway. He has kept me busy searching for solutions online and I'm just about ready to call a plumber. We actually had to go to one of our vacant rentals (about 2 miles away) to use the bathroom. We have the 5-gal bucket w/ seat and a chemical toilet, but we don't really want to deal with either of those right now. I think that we will need to get the line hydrojetted. Who knows how much that will cost? :sad-smiley-012:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Martinchick, it seems like when you own a home there is always something that needs to be fixed. Hope you can get it taken care of soon. 

Miki, so sorry about Oreo. I do agree with Mt. Rider, whoever mistreated that poor dog should be put under the jail. And that goes for any animal that someone mistreats. 

Mt. Rider, I will let you keep the snow and cold weather. High 70's here today and still very warm outside. Turned the heat off already. 

Baby played hard today and no nap. New type of bottle and she won't take more than an ounce of milk but thinks the nipple on this one is a teething ring. 

• Like 2

Hubby did manage to fix the auger, but it could not manage to move the clog. So, we called Roto Rooter and they jetted the line...twice. It didn't work. In fact, their hose actually burst the second time.  So, they used their auger on the cleanout valve in the basement instead of the floor drain, and that did the trick! The cost was more than we wanted to spend on a repair like that, but it could have been far worse. A neighbor had to have their sewer pipes dug up to address a similar problem. That would have cost thousands of dollars.

I still feel as though I lost the entire day and hope to make up for it tomorrow. At least, I can cook tomorrow.

• Sad 4

Beautiful, gorgeous day today!! 72*, sunny, VERY light breeze (if any)... and DH— D isn’t always for Dear— still wouldn’t take me fishing!!! :pout:

So I stuck to the plan: :sigh:

Made soap. 
Made lotion. 
Cleaned out the van. :cele:

Worked in the camper. DH hooked everything up and checked all the electric, water lines (had a leak— loose connection on a hose— he fixed it), LP tanks are empty- so will have to fill them and then check stove and furnace. Funny thing is, I told him we probably won’t use any of that stuff. :008Laughing:I even thought about just buying a gutted camper (no leaks) and just throwing a couple beds and stuff in it— like a tent... on wheels... with a roof. :laughkick:

Tomorrow am cutting/stacking/wrapping/boxing soap. Making more lotions. Supposed to rain all day so won’t get anything done outside. 
Mom isn’t feeling good, so probably not going with her Friday for her MRI. Told her that I can’t afford the time to be sick for a week or two. 🤢 Funny thing is.. my DD talked to her at 5 and Mom tells her how horribly sick she is... I talked to her at 8 and she tells me she’s all better. :buttercup: Just don’t understand her sometimes. 🤷‍♀️ 

:hug3:and :kissy:

Necie

• Like 4

Well.....we're ready.  Spring snow storms with huge impacts are fairly common in the high country.  No one likes them.  And DH and I both dealing with back issues at the moment.  His is permanent.  Mine is from slinging mud/grit/Decomposing Granite (DG) across the ice of our driveway, etc. days ago!  Hmph.  However...the result of that action (other than slightly pulled back muscles) is that we're starting THIS monster snow with a totally melted-clear driveway:amen: 

My old truck is stationed down in the barnyard....at.the.ready.  Parked facing out!   If we had to get out to the road before S can come with his snowplow, it's not too far to shovel a path for the 4-wheel drive truck.  Hmm I have snow treads somewhere.  Not chains, just those cords.  Anyway, we'll never forget getting stranded at the top the first winter.  :blink:  Besides, it's outta the way for our snowplow guy.  Only have to move the car when he comes.

IN CASE OF POWER OUTAGE due to overloaded branches breaking and bringing down power lines:

--down comforters ready + warm dog  :lol: 

--shower-wash/dry hair done

--power station/battery charged 100% 

--pellet stove working; lots of bags of pellets...some up on the porch

--lots of water in juice bottles...all over everywhere (drinking, cooking, toilet flush - pour into small bucket to pour fast - all at once.  Not glug * glug out of bottles, btw )

--DH delivered a bill that would be due during storm; library to turn in and take out new movies for him; bring our mail in from communal box; grab last a few minute stuff from the market (apples, cold meat for sandwiches, etc). 

--trying to imagine ways to cook on top of pellet stove.  Can bring water to slow boil.  Can heat a cast iron griddle -grilled cheese and ham.  Certainly soup/stew is viable.  Hot cocoa or camp coffee.

--dog food containers up here filled. 

--basic laundry done

--both BIG flashlites charged up

--if WIND kicks up - bubble wrap for windows at.the.ready

Now if I could just not over tax my back; or DH's back with a lot of snow removal.  Hmph!  Don't know how to arrange that with the snow totals they're predicting.  Ours went UP to 3' potential.  I HOPE THIS STORM IS AN UNDER-ACHIEVER in our county.  :pray:  It's been snowing off and on most of the day.  Only about 3" fell today off and on.

Besides moving my truck down by the road at 4pm tonite, I had to prep the duckhouse.  Put down heavy layer of straw.  Brought another bushel basket of straw from shed to duckhouse.  So two bushels are inside.  The food buckets are inside to scoop from.  Warm water is brought down by Reliance jug.  On a sled if I'm walking.  By car if DH thinks he can make it back up the hill.   At least we don't have horses at this age.  $$ at the riding stables seems well spent right about now!  DH came home in time to drive dog and I back up to the house. 

My walking was way better than last nite.  The minor cold :yar:   kinda knocked me down.  ....but then, adrenaline from a WEATHER event might be part of the energy.  Doesn't help my sleeping tho.  :shakinghead:   3am this morning.  :sigh:   Remembering to take the Flexeril would help.  

How you doing for sleep with your Ambien, Jeepers?  ....are you still sleeping?  Catching up?

Anyone else in the path of this snow storm or the heavy rain that's preceding it eastward? 

Hope to get enough sleep to DEAL with this tomorrow.  Good chance of losing power so I'd be off Internet if that happens.  Unless we plug router into the Power Station but that takes away power for HEAT!  :campfire:  Will check back in as I can.  Might not even be noteworthy but ...  :grinning-smiley-044:

OH my!  Just checked thru the window.  5" more already and it's just turning midnight.   And the lights have blinked out once. 

MtRider  :offtobed:

• Like 3

Our weather this winter has been soooo... abnormal. Above normal. 

November and December were... nothing. Unimpressive. Chilly, but no major events. 
January, we had the one big storm that needed dealing with. Ice— topped with snow. Polar vortex, bomb cyclone. That’s when I was stuck at Mom’s for 11 days. When the LP fill truck driver says the roads are horrible... the roads are horrible. 
February... above normal. WAY above normal. 50’s and a few 60’s. 😳 That’s 20-30* above normal. I think we had 3 or 4 days at or below normal. 
March— all above normal so far. 60s and a few 70s... again, 20-30* above normal. This next week we’re supposed to get some normal temps... highs in the 40s for a couple days. Then back up to 50s. 
If it were to keep up like this... all fine. But our last frost date is mid-May. Flowers are up, trees are budded out (leaves). If they start putting out flower buds and frost/freeze, then there’s fruiting problems. 🥴 

I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop... we’ve had major snow storms in March... and even April. They just tend to melt off faster. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Our winter has been above normal temps, also.  Fine with me.

I hope you get through your storm with minimal disruptions, Mt Rider!

Will walk in a few minutes.

Cleaning both outside porches today.

Clean out and re-organize linen closet.

Cook something for dinner later.

We did have Oreo put down, yesterday.  It was very hard!  We were both concerned that he would cause harm to one of us or the family coming down.  Still very difficult and sad!

• Sad 6

I'm so sorry you had to do that Miki. It wasn't your fault he was like that. You tried your best to bring him around. 

But he couldn't keep biting your husband. Peoples safety has to come first. And it would have been a disaster if he had attacked anyone else. It was the right decision, but still hard.  :hug3:

Our weather is starting to warm up in the 60's. We had very little snow this year. The snow plow guy only came twice this year. One of those times I don't think it really needed it. Not complaining $$$

I'm getting p*ssy in my old age. I have repeatedly told the project manager to let me know the day before anyone comes. I have a life. So I got a call at 7:15 this morning saying Mike is on his way if I'm available. That made me mad. Like I'm supposed to be here 24/7 in case someone shows up. I told him sorry, I have banking to do that has to be done today and a prescription to pick up. Told him I'd be home at noon. Then Mike said the PM said I never answer my phone so he didn't know if I was home or not. LIAR. I always answer the phone if I'm able. If not I call right back. Same with texts. I showed Mike my phone proving that PM didn't text me until 7:15 this morning and at 7:18 I returned his text. If you want to make me beyond angry...lie on me. Mike said PM is always throwing someone under the bus. Anyway, I think they are all finished now. The bathroom sink caulk is still messed up but I'm going to do that myself. I should be able to do that with a tube of caulk. Can't look any worse.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2