MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

I wasted a trip to the bank. I thought you had 10 days before and 10 days after, grace period before a CD matures. Nope. Only 10 days after. Mine is due tomorrow. Yet they keep sending me emails that it's about to expire. It's only 13 months old so there probably isn't much of a change. 

I aced my drug test. :D  Everything was negative. They tested for a lot of stuff too. They sent results to me before the doctor. He has to see them then he will send the prescription for ambien in. I did get the new BP med though. 

I spent 30 min. on hold at my Indiana bank because in the 5 years I've been there I have never been able to access my account on line. They have to do my banking for me. I don't like anything about that bank but Key Bank isn't over there. 

Then I was on hold for over 55 min. with India trying to get my cable TV canceled. After 55 min. the call was dropped. Other than the obvious aggravation, she had to come on every 2 minutes to tell me she is still there and wait for me to answer. Maybe tomorrow. 

Then over 35 min. waiting to make a cardiologist appointment. Actually a echocardiogram. I go on Apr. 2nd. which I thought was pretty fast. I see a cardiologist on Apr. 25th. Assuming I don't have to wear a monitor before I see a doctor. It's cutting it pretty close to the time I want to move. 

I have been on hold nearly all afternoon. Maybe I'll remember to call ATT early in the AM to see if it's any faster. I didn't mind the wait as much as the dropped call. 

I got a load of paper to the dumpster and another 2 bags of trash to another one. Also all the bags of clothing donated to the Salvation Army. It was 12 bags by the time I was through. I might get one more. 

I got the light shade things on the ceiling fan changed out and the filthy fan cleaned. And two small ceiling lights in the family room replaced. The dinning room table and chairs are all cleaned as is the divider thing between the family room and kitchen cleaned. Everything was disgusting. 

I need to get a new pill splitter. Mine mostly mashes things and I have two different pills to split. And a little pill minder for the half one I have to take in the mornings. Also some Elmer's glue for the wallpaper downstairs and a burgundy magic marker for some wallpaper in an upstairs room that got scuffed up. And a kitchen trash can. Bunch of little things but inexpensive. 

I got the rest of my fish meds yesterday. Two of the plastic bottles were slightly dented like there might be an oxygen absorber in them. Don't know but I'm not opening them.  

Oh, and Mike the handy dude put my other screen in for me. He is a nice guy and even more chatty than I am. Seriously, there is another one.  I had to get the screen clips from Amazon. 

Son is at his cardiologist now so I'm waiting for some good news from him. :pray:

• Like 5

Thank You!

Son needs a stress test and a colonostomy. Joy. If it ain't one end it's the other. 

Colonoscopy. Not colonostomy. I can't cross it out in this phone. For now, it's just the test. Crimony. 

Edited by Jeepers
Wrong Word
  • Sad 6

Woke up this morning with a nasty cold. Sneezing, coughing, stuffy nose the whole nine yards. But no fever. Caught what the baby had. So didn't babysit today. the baby is getting over it and I didn't want to reinfect her. Mom made it through work though. 

Miki, I am so sorry about Oreo, but it was for the best with the biting issue. I know it was hard but best for Oreo. :hug3:

Jeepers, sounds like you have had a busy day.  I hope your son does ok with his test. Keeping him in prayer. 

I didn't get anything done today. Slept on and off today for the most part. Trying now to get a sore throat. Sinus drainage starting up. Need to take something before going to bed to nip that one in the bud fast. DGD's DH is off work tomorrow so he will keep the baby while she works tomorrow. 

Jeepers, my fish antibiotics also came yesterday. So good to go on that now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Miki :hug3: So sorry you had to go through that but you did your best to give Oreo a good life. I've had to do the same it's super hard

Jeepers hope the house sells fast when do you plan to list it?

Mt Rider guessing you're going to get a bit of snow, my friend lives in CO and the photos of their place are impressive. Glad you are prepared to deal with it.

Littlesister hope you feel better soon!

We had a big thunderstorm come through tonight with a tornado warning so were in the basement for a bit, my lungs aren't too happy every time I go to the basement my asthma acts up. Porch leak is still happening it's dripping in the vesitbule but I think I may have an idea of where it's leaking now so when the repair people come next week I'm going to ask them to start with the downspout on that side and the flashing next to the upstairs porch where it meets the roof on that side. I really hope I can solve this leak it's getting old.

'

• Like 5

Welllllll....the good GREAT NEWS is that our power is still on.  So far. 

The bad news is....with each passing moment, the weight on those tree branches entangled in power lines, gets heavier.  Yeah, we're STILL SNOWING!  Thankfully, for the last hour it's been teeny, tiny stuff.  A lot of it but tiny.  

We've had something over 20".  Don't see that going up much unless it freshens up with something.  But I'm delighted to see a line of HIGH pressure systems descending toward CO from the Pacific NW.  That will push this complex of LOW pressure outta here.  It's just been sitting on CO.  I assume the eastern side of the Rockies is getting lots and lots.  Denver is always inundated with these storms.  Meanwhile the middle of the country {Iowa, Missouri, etc} have had severe thunderstorms....with damaging hail on rooftops further south of my friend near KC/MO.  Wow... 

Gotta go eat but will come back to tell our tale later.  We're all good...even the dog that has to "swim" to get out to do her business.  But it doesn't slow her down.  I'm ready with towel when a white dog comes in!!

• Like 4

Cut soap. Didn’t get it upstairs to stack. No wrapping/boxing. Will do that stuff tomorrow.

Made 2 batches of lotion. Wish I could figure out a way to do a double batch. Two problems... 1- finding the right size pan to not drown my electric whisk, and 2- it would cool down and thicken before I could get it all bottled. 
Canned garbanzo, navy, black and small red beans. 38 pints

• Like 6

I did...nothing.  I read and taught the baby all day. We learned new words and then I made Thai steak lettuce wraps for dinner.  They were well received by all the teens/adults. The baby ate one piece of lettuce, but otherwise had chicken nuggets because she is super tall and skinny for her age and I want her to grow.  I like reading, though the content sometimes annoys me when it is .....not accurate factually or is disjointed timewise.  I notice all of the inaccuracies.  

• Like 3

Me too, euphraysne.  I think I should be a proof reader.

Will walk first, today.

Pick up my friend and take her for a haircut and style for her Birthday gift.

Come home and make an ice cream cake for her party, tomorrow.

Bake chicken tenders with buffalo sauce for dinner.

• Like 3

I forgot to mention that when I was searching for window screen clips, Lowes had ALL of their electrical wire padlocked up. Nearly half an aisle worth. Shortages? Copper? :shrug:

And Walmart had their ENT stuff behind plexiglass but it wasn't locked...yet. That was new since about a month ago when I bought Debrox there. What really stumped me was the shaving stuff. Everything concerning shaving from electric razors, razor blades, disposible razors, hair clippers and even shaving cream was locked up. In the next case were pregnancy tests and condoms and OB/GYN stuff. I kinda get that but disposable razors and shaving cream? We aren't in a particular high crime area here. Probably the new look for the future I guess. They have a new section set up for those locked cases and beauty items, like make up and hair stuff, with a register right there. It serves about 4 aisles. Not my area. I was just walking through to see what was back there. 

HBA was decently stocked. I think northeast Ohio must have gotten a huge shipment of HBA stuff because our Dollar Tree is very well stocked in that area too. 

I'm going today to get some more Curad flexible bandaids. I had some for well over 5 years and they went through my epic flood and they still work great. Still sticky and flexible. They didn't get wet but the house was VERY damp for a couple of months. Mousture was literally dripping down the walls and windows. 

Speaking of...Dollar Tree is closing nearly 1000 Family Dollar stores. No locations disclosed yet. Rat infected warehouse and violent crime and theft cited. 

Incase I threw anyone off...

ENT = Ear, nose, throat

OB/GYN = women stuff

HBA = health and beauty aids

• Like 4

Jeepers, now I will have to make that trip to Walmart to see what they have done. 

I also need to pick up an allergy med that won't make me sleepy during the day. It's time. Allergy season is either kicking my Butt or it was whatever the baby and GD had. I am really not feeling well today. I lost all of my energy, and I am sputting yellow at times. 

Just laying around today. My energy is gone. With Thyroid issues I think it makes the energy levels worse or something. 

Going back and lay down for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

LittleSister, :(  Sorry to hear this illness your family is passing around is hitting you so hard!  Just focus on getting better and not getting up to "accomplish something".  Unless it's to get yourself some hot soup or 7-up/fluids, etc.  Stay warm, cozy, and sleep!!!  Warn that grandson that if you get up to a messed up kitchen, he'll be banned till it's cleaned up!!!  Tell him I said so!  :hug3:  

Jeepers...yeah, you had me :scratchhead:   at HBA for a minute.  :lol:  

The snow has stopped.  Was still snowing late into the night  { Don't ask me how I know... }  :whistling:    Then I kept waking up with this left hip pain.  Been doing that for a couple months now.  Due to sitting in LR chair  (that's living room...LOL ) on computer?  But I get up and down and crawl into all sorts of positions in it.  But it wakes me in the night till I put it into a painful STRETCH and then it eases.  But kept doing it so I didn't return to sleep this morning.  :scratchhead:   Doesn't do it during the day...not even after my long trek in the deep snow yesterday.   Odd tho.  It's the left hip but I have the most MS trouble with the Right side of the body.  Dunno.  Mebbe ask neurologist on Monday.  

I've told snowplow guy S, that I need to get out by then....and don't worry about us before that.  I'm sure he's barely sleeping with every driveway/parking lot with SO much snow.  I put out an general "Are you okay" to our church prayer email.  Getting snow totals back that are higher than our 2 feet.  One reported with 46 inches.  Good thing they plowed/shoveled part way thru that amount.  We got a full 2 feet. 

Sun isn't actually shining full time yet.  And we're not out of the "losing power" danger.  I've rarely seen this much snow clinging to the pine needle trees.  If it gets warm enough, we'll begin to hear the loud WHOOMP!  of snow dropping all at once from a branch or two. 

MtRider  ....DH was awake but went back to sleep.  I should take a nap today...early, rather than later tho. 

• Like 3

Sorry you are ailing Littlesister. Don't fight the rest. It will help your body recover. 

Mt. Rider, I can't imagine that much snow. Well, actually I can. But it's been a long time since we've had that much. It is pretty and serene though. Especially if you can stay inside and snuggle under a quilt, with  a good book, a cup of something warm in front of a crackling fire. Someone has been watching too many old movies. In reality I'm usually out there with frozen extremities, runny nose, sweating through too many layers of clothing trying to shovel a path so Amazon can get to the door.   :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

COLONOSCOPY. Son needs a colonoscopy not a colonostomy. The test. Not the surgery. Crimony. 

Don't know if it was me or autocorrect. Dammittohell. 

Hope his test is clear. Glad he doesn’t need surgery. You make me laugh. :008Laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Speaking of...Dollar Tree is closing nearly 1000 Family Dollar stores. No locations disclosed yet. Rat infected warehouse and violent crime and theft cited. 

Now that Family Dollar and Dollar Tree are owned by the same company, I am not surprised that they are trying to close stores. Family Dollar had a habit of opening new stores within easy walking distance of each other. It really over-saturated the market. In my city, we have 4 on the same street and on the same side of town. The street is also serviced by a major bus route, which makes it even more ridiculous from an economic development point of view.

• Like 5

Our local mall was giving away free glasses to view the upcoming solar eclipse, so I went to collect them. We already have some but plan to give these ones to family members to keep them safe. I had a couple of virtual meetings today, but it has been pretty laid-back. I spent an hour looking for stone floor tile to install on the kitchen counter in the condo. I want the look of stone but refuse to pay thousands for a slab. I need to order some samples so that I can see what it really looks like. I need to take care of dad's taxes, but that will probably be pushed off until tomorrow.

I am glad that the storm hasn't been as bad for Mt. Rider. We are only expected to get rain from the same system. We live in a major snowbelt that usually gets dumped on. This year, we haven't had much worth shoveling and are way behind the averages. Here is a link to an annual contest between NY cities:

https://goldensnowball.com/

Feel better, Littlesister! There is no need to try to push through an illness. You've been working hard enough and deserve to take some time to support your health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.  Tonight, I am feeling a bit better after taken a steam shower. Still very tired though. GS has done well. He was off today and worked on the wood pile when he got home from getting his hair cut. He did well with cleaning up the kitchen because his mother dared him not to clean it. It's about time she backed me up on things with him. I missed not being able to keep the baby but didn't want to take a chance of her getting reinfected.  I am supposed to babysit again on Monday so praying I will be over this mess. My Sunday school teacher called me this morning and I could barely talk. But I am doing better on that issue. I laid on the couch most of the day just streaming movies and such. And I did sleep quite a bit as well. GS said I will need to buy at least 4 to 5 more log holders. I think this guy gave me way more than 2 cords of wood plus a little over. He has already stacked another cord and still have a long way to go. I will need to get better tarps also.  

I am making a list and checking it twice. My Lowe's trip is getting longer and longer.  

When I pulled the rain barrels out of the boxes and was looking at the instructions the other day. It has the tubes to connect several rain barrels side by side for one down spout. So, one barrel will fill the one next to it and so on. It would be easy to connect more than one. Maybe somewhere down the line but it's not on my list to do it. But a great option. 

We were in the high 70's today and then this evening it started to springle but no hard rain yet. I did go outside and took care of the well and drained it. Just in case we get the freezing cold and snow. Might not have been necessary but I am not taking any chances with the pump. And that hand pump is all some. It puts out a good hard steady flow of water. 

• Like 4

That is beautiful, Annarchy!  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my Annarchy, that is so beautiful! I love how you did that big tree. It looks so real. I wish I could do something like that. I have no artistic talent.  :sigh:

Thanks for posting your art work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crocheted this morning.

Went with Mom this afternoon to get her MRI.

Stopped at a little meat market that I like and got chicken gizzards. Spent $28. Canned them tonight— 15 pts. Tossed in 4 pts of black beans to fill the canner.

Still need to deal with soap upstairs. 🥴

• Like 5

Oh Wow!  Really neat, Annarchy!  I agree with Jeepers.  That trees are so good.  Whole pic is well balanced as your eyes go over it.  And zero snow!  :thumbs:  Is it a real place or just your vision?

DAY 3

So today was mostly a day-off..... :busted:  ....until I stared sweeping last night's snow off the porch....steps which were getting heavy cuz sun was shining.  Got them cleared and the sun dried them and porch.  :thumbs:   Then I got a "bright"  :shakinghead: ....ahem, idea to move the car forward a bit to clear some snow around it.  Cuz it had a good foot or more snow covering it completely.  Snow all around the sides was about knee high or more.  I carved out enough to get the front door open and there was still an "awning" of snow stuck up there over the door.  I didn't clear anything but the door.  We usually try to dump excess snow down in barnyard when we move vehicles down there.  So without windshield cleared.......and evidently my head wasn't either, I pulled the car forward.  Well, it didn't get far. 

When the snow is perfectly flat in the parking area, you really can't tell depth.  But I know it's deep!  :shrug:   Yep, I got it stuck with serious snow UNDER as well as on all sides.  Like we jumped into a sea of DEEP snow.  Aaaaugh!!!  I'm going back to Maui and kayaking!  Hmph!  I spent quite a bit of time shoveling out 3 sides and from underneath.  Making big piles of snow all around that were getting warmed by the sun.  Which will freeze tonite and become a LOT harder for S when he gets up to plow this area on Sunday.  :behindsofa:  Oye.  By the time I was half done, I was in high boots/snow pants and a tank/Tshirt.  Finally got it backed up to where we started.  None of the snow draped over it fell off.  But.....I had to email to S.... "When you come up our driveway, at the top you'll see immediately a car-sized hole in the snow...and mounds of snow around it.  Keep to the right and you'll miss it."  He's gonna give me a rough time cuz he knows I know driving, etc.  :busted:    Remind me to check under it cuz I saw reddish drips in the snow while shoveling.  :smiley_shitfan:   and forgot to check with DH about it.  He's been in pain with back for the past week.  Tension from the caretaking job, probably.  Today was pretty bad all day.  I'll be the one riding the sled under the car to find out what's what.  :pray:  

Tomorrow I have to service the ducks/goose again.  Slog down with sled + 5 gal water jug.  Ski pole for support cuz it's gonna be SLIPPERY this time.  Yellow glasses at the ready!  S is coming Sunday, unless he finishes elsewhere.  But he needs to hit this steep driveway early before the sun gets around the ridge and trees.  Possible he might not even make it and we'd have to wait for some melting.  :pray: 

There have been some power outages but not near us.  We're still fully operational.  :amen: 

MtRider ....gotta go study Hawaiian.

Forgot the yellow glasses again.  So everything looked purple when I came in.  Wow, sunburn on eyes.  Got the classes and put them with the rest of my supplies for going out.  Drenched again so took shower but was overheated for a while.  Maybe I'll sit down and not do anything remotely dangerous or stupid.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Edited by Mt_Rider
clarity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And you have so much to do @Mt_Rider!

Beautiful art work @Annarchy!  

Easy day for me.
Will walk in a few minutes.
Give remaining small dog a bath.
Go to my friends Birthday party with the ice cream cake that I made, yesterday.
Nothing on my list to do when I get home. Yay

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Mt_Rider you NEED Maui. That is just too much hard work for not much in return. Bad for both you and your DH health. Pot here calling the kettle black. :sEm_blush:

Don't feel bad about the car. Last winter I backed mine into the side of the garage. Bumper is still smashed in because I still don't have a ride to and from the shop. Whatever. It makes it easy to identify in a parking lot. Still can't believe I did that. It's a wonder the air bag didn't go off. You know my luck.

I have a small Amazon order to make. Among other things, I think I need some quart size canning jars for pie filling this summer. I really only like Kerr jars. A dozen wide mouth Kerr quart jars are $40.00. I wanted 3 cases. Some of the Ball jars aren't priced much better. Walmart had some Ball wide mouth quart jars for $17.00 a dozen. If they are still in stock, I'm going to bite the bullet and pick some up today. Wide mouth will make the sticky pie filling easier to dig out. In theory. I don't think they sell Kerr jars east of the Mississippi River. At least I have never been able to find them.  :shrug:

I didn't think I was ever going to use quarts again so I didn't buy any more when I had the chance. 

BTW, I only knew HBA was 'health and beauty aids' because at one time I worked in a retail store. At the time, I thought everyone knew that...except for me. 

• Like 5