MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

After coming home from the feed and seed store and empting the car, I went to Taylors hardware and they had 2 bags of bone meal left. Don't know what is going on with that so I bought both bags. I only use one when planting so that puts me ahead for next year. 

It looked like it was going to start raining, so I vacuumed out the car and cleaned all the pollen off where you can't get to it just washing the car. So a bit of detailing. 

Bought some straw to put between rows of the big garden. He said I will have wheat this winter as it will come up in places. Now I don't know if I want to put it between rows. I might have to rethink that one.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Littlesister, My Jeep needs detailed really bad too. I planned to do it this week but it has been too cold out there to do it. I have all the stuff to do it. Half the battle I suppose.

I was going to  have  my jeep  detailed  tomorrow. Big rain and  storms  tomorrow, so will do it next week. Must be  the  season. Mine hasn't been  done  since 2015. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

And Peanut Butter's legs have stopped shaking almost completely!  That is a great first step!

Wow...what's causing that shaking?  So hard to have our long life spans and our dear pets don't. 

MtRider ... :pray: 

• Like 2

I'm having a good day.   I went to bed at 10:45pm and got to sleep by 11:30pm.  USUALLY when I've had an eventful day, I can't sleep for hours - rehashing it all.  I don't have many "eventful days"  ......  :blink:  ...Well, I DO have a LOT of WEIRD DAYS....   Anyway, I usually can't sleep cuz of the reruns playing in my head.  But I did all the sleep routines early last night and :happy0203:  Woke up at 8am.    :scratchhead:  Wow!  That's ..... "normal" !!!  

Hope y'all with the sleep thing can get some improvement!  Mornings seem different when they come earlier!  :lol:  

Wow, Little Sister.  You got a haul from stores.  I hope your weather this year will be cooperative....and you have a lot of canning jars!  :canning:

Wish I could go shopping in Amish territory with you Jeepers.  I went to a store like that, but not Amish in Iowa last fall with my MO friend.  She ALWAYS stops there on her way up to visit family in Iowa.  Very interesting ...and expensive.  I buy candied ginger and horehound candy for sore throats there. 

MtRider  ....no catastrophes.  No frustrating weather [snow is GOOD and melting is better).   A non-eventful day.  :amen: 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider that was ha huge haul. But I haven't use the big garden area since 2019. The grass and stuff had grown back in it. So had to do some serious tilling and cleaning up to get it ready. It was a lot of work but well worth it. 

I have loads of canning jars. So I am set. And I bought the 1/2 gal. jars went I went to Taylors hardware. They are cheaper than the grocery store there. 

Miki, I am so glad that Peanut Butter's legs have stopped shaking. Praying that that is the start of healing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been able to keep up this week. Still working 2 jobs at work and exhausted. Having trouble concentrating at home because I am overwhelmed. Got off work at 10:30 pm last night due to the monthly board meeting, and cried myself to sleep last night out of pure frustration and exhaustion. First time I've cried like that in a long time then had a migraine all day but still had to work today. So I called up my boss and had a good chat and she was supportive and will push to get that other position hired quickly. I am lucky she understands what I do and how much work it is and that I'm burning out. So we'll see what happens.

Managed to get the last level of my Greenstalk planter filled with dirt tonight so one tiny garden step completed. Hardened off transplants I'm hoping to put in the ground tomorrow, except for the tomatoes. I'm tempted but I think I should wait until the overnight temps are over 50. Then will start hardening off the pepper plants which as still kind of puny in size and could use some real sun but I wanted to wait until it warmed up a bit outside. It has been colder so now getting nice again. Baby chicks are growing and want to get their coop completed this week. DH had to glue together part of it so we had to wait so that could set. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Becca_Anne. I can remember those times, when I was younger, that I was so exhausted I just sobbed myself to sleep too. I was so tired that it was all I could do. Almost like an emotional breakdown. The next day my eyes would be swollen and I'd have a migraine. Still had to get up and go to work though. It didn't happen very often but I still remember...

Hope your work load eases up for you.  :hug3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Wow...what's causing that shaking?  So hard to have our long life spans and our dear pets don't. 

MtRider ... :pray: 

I think it is one of the symptoms of Cushing's disease.  And I agree about life spans, but if my schnauzers had longer life spans, I wouldn't have met Peanut Butter.

Raining here now. Hopefully over by 9. Then will walk and walk dogs.
Take ebay photos.
Re-pack GHB
Purge one or two junk drawers.
Deliver some food to an older friend.
Bible study this evening

Sometimes, I make myself tired looking at what all I do in a day.

@Becca_Anne, I hope your workload gets straightened out soon!

• Like 5

Becca Anne,  I really hope your work situation gets better soon. 

Picked up Rx this morning and then went to Dollar Tree for some shelf stable milk.  The Mcdonalds nursery is right next to the Dollar Tree so I went there and looked around. They are only there from spring to mid summer.  Bought a flat of marigolds, an aloe plant, watermelon plants, strawberry plants and 2 different types of potato plants. with what I bought yesterday and today, plus my seeds I should be set for planting. Though tomorrow is suppose to rain all day. 

Worked on front flower bed all day after getting back home. When the ground started moving up and down, I was like ok I have an active mole. Don't know if I killed it or not because I was using the hoe to dig out old roots from some bushes we took out a few years ago. I waited to see if the ground was going to move again but nothing happened and I didn't see the mole either. :yuk:

GS woke up late for work. Hope he made it in time. I'm not his keeper so he best start getting up when his alarm goes off instead of going back to sleep. 

Now I am tired and sore. Arm starting to hurt again. So going to take shower after a while and use the blue emu on my shoulder and arm.  Took a couple of advil for now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm LATE tonite.  Should be in bed trying to sleep.  Had a bit of trouble last nite but slept 1am to 9am.  :shrug:    Sooo easy to fall off this bumpy wagon!  :pray:

I succeeded in scheduling all my P.T. and Doc appts that I'm supposed to have.  Wow...had to start recording in a small year calendar.  No....I can't use cell phone for anything.  I'm spread out almost thru summer.  Hope I can stay cool enough in P.T. 

We're snowing.  It's scattered but it's welcome....but DH would prefer it wouldn't land on the porch/steps.  Sweeping/shoveling is hard on his back.  :frozen:  

MtRider ...  :offtobed:  

• Like 4

Snow blower might work much better. 

Termite man should be here between 9 and 12 am.  So stuck home till then. They called this morning. Usually they call and make an apt. but not this time. It is raining and they had a house that they needed to treat but can't do that in the rain. So coming out sometime this morning since they cancelled that other apt. That's fine as it will get that out of the way. 

Will just work on catching up house work. Washing clothes today since it is raining. Only have maybe 2 loads. Usually I do that on Monday's. But with working on garden and flower beds, I decided to do it today. Don't know if it will be to wet tomorrow to work outside yet. But might be since it is suppose to rain all day today. 

GS was 6 minutes late for work yesterday. He told them a lie and said he had to help me lift something heavy. Said he didn't want to tell them he overslept since he's on a 90 day training and just got the job last Thursday. Told him to get off the computer and go to bed at night and he wouldn't oversleep. He goes to bed at 6 am and gets up at 2:30 to get ready for work at 4 pm. 

He doesn't have any money till payday so he went through my room looking for money. Then found me in front yard and said he needed $20 for cigarettes. Told him I didn't have any cash on me and I just gave him $20 for gas. So he wanted it out of his rent money. I got it out for him and saw he had already been through my bedroom looking for that money. He never found it and is why he came out the front door looking for me.  Told him he already borrowed $40 from his rent money and that would make $60 he owes back in rent and $20 for me. Came home last night and gave me the $60 for the rent from a check he just cashed from his last job. Asked him where my $20 was he owed me and he tried to deny he owed me money. Reminded him about needing gas money to get to work and he says oh yea. So I took it out of his rent money and told him he owes $20 more to his rent. 

We will be having a heart to heart talk this weekend. Not even looking for an apartment. 

• Sad 6

Little Sister....Hate to say it.....we had to do this.....put a lock on your bedroom door!!!  Quickly!  I am totally serious!  Saves you and actually saves him from himself.  Make sure ALL high value things are in there and keep it locked when you're not in the house.  Be it a door knob change or a hasp lock you can remove and repair the holes later.  That is an INVASION that can't be tolerated.  If he breaks it, call the cops!  We had a lot of other things missing...  But had value stuff in that bedroom.  She went thru all our stuff in basement too.  That's when I began the Chaos Camo strategy in basement.  

:sigh:  Pathetic, isn't it?  Our own relatives!  But some of them just didn't grow up...  :pray:  

Ambergris.... with these narrow steps....  Hmmm, I'm trying to think if the angle can be changed.  For stairs we sweep from top to bottom which is a lot more awkward than bottom up.  Bending over.  And this spring stuff is wet/heavy.  His squashed front of vertebrae is midback.. T10+T11.  He also shovels out the duckyard a bit.  That angle can be changed somewhat but shoveling on dirt, rock, tufts of plant-life... it hurts to have the angle wrong and hit last year's plant growth and STOP!  DH usually just PLOWS THRU and deals with pain later.  I stuck a lidocane patch on him before he left for caretaker work.  An easy day today - no laundry or bumpy ride "to town" for groceries with client.  AND....it will be melted by the time he returns.  But we can't chance a fall by walking on several inches of wet slippery stuff on 15 steps down.  :shrug: 

Yeah, I didn't get myself started on bedtime routine til late last nite.  It still worked but not as well.  Sleep by 2am.  Ack!  2- 10 am used to be my normal.  But...I'll pull it back tonite.  :rolleyes:   Hopefully. 

Lots of SUN today....melting off spring snow.  Very welcome ...except on steps. 

MtRider  :amen: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 5

Reconfigure a leg-hold trap or something similar to, when it triggered, open instead of closing, knocking a large portion of snow off to the side of one step, maybe while breaking ice?  Then only sweep up what's left while accomplice resets trap for next step down?  Or would that be too dangerous?

I thought of pouring boiling water, but that would end up being ice, right?

• Like 1

Walked first, this morning.
Picked up my friend and we went to Lowe's for weed killer.
Aldi's for produce.
Walmart for monthly stock up. They were out of quite a bit that I usually buy. Not needed stuff but DH's wants.
Went to lunch at a mediocre and over priced Mexican restaurant. Won't go there again. But ice cream after almost made up for it!
Not sure if I will do anything else today.

• Like 2

Mt. Rider, many years ago my step daughter bought DH's ex to our house to steal anything she wanted. They had been divorced for 10 or 12 years and had no right into our house. But Step daughter was doing it because her mother wanting to keep trying to hurt DH and didn't like that he remarried after 10 or 12 years of being divorced.  I came home and caught her going through our stuff. She even took my silverware. It was mine before I even knew DH but she took it anyway. So DH put an outside type lock on door. You have to have a key to open it from outside the room but can be opened from inside room by turning the latch. I now have my room under lock and key. Though he never found his rent money nor my money. Very well hidden. He won't be able to get into my room now. 

Neighbor came over a while ago to get some herbs for their dinner tonight. glad to share as I am overflowing with some herbs. 

Mt. Rider I was thinking a snow plow but didn't know you were talking about moving snow off the steps. Or that is what I was thinking you meant. Maybe what Ambergris was saying depending on how the steps are configured. And the last thing you or your HD needs is to fall down icy steps. Be careful.

• Sad 3

If I turn up missing in a few days it's computer issues. The screen on the laptop has been wobbly for awhile now. Today it got worse and made a crunching sound when I tried to adjust it. Uh-Oh. I hate to lose it. I got it new on Amazon about eight years ago for $300.00. It's an HP, Windows 7 with Office programed in. 17inch screen and has an internal DVD/CD player.  Sigh.  

I really don't want to replace it. Well, actually, there is probably no replacing it. I'll have to go more modern with less conveniences. I'm thinking of going to Wal-Mart and getting a cheap one to get me by. I'm afraid this one will crash and leave me high and dry. I don't want to spend a lot because there isn't any out there that I really want now. Windows 7 with an internal player. Pffft. In the mean time I have to go to the house and look for my external drive to back this one up. Fast. I just did it a couple of months ago but I've had to add some important info into this one. Sigh. I think I remember a store in Indy that advertises phone and computer repair. Hummm. Might be an option.

I don't like to shop on the weekends but I might venture out tomorrow. I need to look at a backup computer, three hall ceiling lights for Indy; Menards has some simple ones for sale for $23.00 for a 2-pack. Good price and they look nice. Only issue is I need three and not four. Either they have a single for sale or else I will have an extra one. Still a good price.  And some meds are due at the pharmacy. Was supposed to meet lawn guy at the house to talk landscaping but it's supposed to rain all weekend so maybe not. Plenty of time for that though.

I have that sciatic nerve flaring up down my butt again. That hurts and is very annoying. Need to pick up yet another heating pad. I'm sure the one at the house is covered in dust, dried mold particles and who knows what else. I'll pitch it if I ever find it again.  

I lost all of the info lists I put in my phone...again. Not sure why that happens either. I always scroll down way past the lists to make sure I don't accidently delete anything and I exit the program when I put it in my purse. Now I have to type back in what I can remember. Fortunately the important stuff I put in a Word document now so I can type it back in the phone. But I lost my grocery, to-do and 'need to buy' lists. Not earth shattering but another pain in the butt. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Jeepers, it sounds like something is going bad in your computer.  I have lost things on my phone before but had all my numbers and important things written down in a notebook I keep. I started doing that when I first started prepping. Paper copies of everything. I want to get most of my pictures copied also. I could do that from my printer or just put on a photo stick and go to either Walmart or Walgreens to make copies of them. I know I can make copies at Walgreens but not sure if I can do it with a photo stick at Walmart. If I do it from my computer, I have plenty of photo paper for that.

• Like 1

Today was the last day of exercise sessions with the super-encouraging and astonishingly knowledgeable D.  Am I ever sore--Monday, Wednesday, and again today were each a step up in intensity.  Today I had to stop a couple of times because I was getting splotches in my vision.  I might take another hot shower right before bed to loosen my muscles. 

Monday we start with R, and today I downloaded Youtube videos to test out as lighter Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday workouts, which I can build on once I move.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I now have my room under lock and key. Though he never found his rent money nor my money. Very well hidden. He won't be able to get into my room now. 

Excellent!  So you've already been thru that sort of family drama.  :0327:  Wow....not good with the ex!  :pray: that boy grows up!

As for my stair steps....15 steps up to the second floor porch...and our front door.  High up in the air with only the wooden board step.  They are also open; no back on these steps....so being careful is already a huge issue.  I bumped a dog long ago and to my shock, she fell off the open side of the stairs ( going under the simple log hand rail ) but landed fine in the very deep snow below.  Scared me half to death.  :blink:  

These are also the steps I bashed my eye on a few months ago.  When my foot going UP to next step was too low and my toe ran into the front edge of the next board upwards.  Now I'm ordered by more than one person, NOT to carry heavy things in both hands - at least one hand on one of the railings.  :whistling:  

We don't always have both of us clearing snow from steps at the same time so it's solo.  If it isn't so HEAVY and STICKY like today, the fluffier stuff sweeps off completely each step with 2 swipes.  This spring snow....a scraper might be easier.  But it's the angle bending over to reach each step from the one above... SHOVE the heavy stuff off the R end of each board.  And trying to clear it completely so that later [during winter] it doesn't have a glaze of ice!  

In this season, he was just trying to make enough clear spots for his foot to be secure while bending over the next lower step....and the next......  Sweeping from the bottom is much easier but you don't want to trample the snow on your way to the bottom.  Packed snow is more slick and worse to chip off the wood!  :shrug: 

Snow eventually ends....even way up here.  But for the reduction in this season's WILDFIRE danger ...[already started!!!!] , we'll take the moisture in any form we can get!  :0327:      

MtRider   hurrying off to bed!!  Ride tomorrow!   :offtobed: 

• Like 3

I will walk shortly.
Pick up my friend and go to the salvage grocery store about 20 miles away.
Re-pack GHB.
Maybe get through one of the junk drawers. Won't take more than 15 minutes apiece, but I can't seem to get started.
Spend some more time outdoors with pups--72 and sunny today!

• Like 3

Was going to start planting this morning but with the all day rain yesterday, everything is way to muddy.  Just walking across the grass this morning was slushy.  So will see how this afternoon turns out after it has had some sun on it.  Cleaned up and mopped kitchen floor behind GS.  And I went in his room to see how dirty he has gotten it and it is bad. He has also punched a small hole in the closet door.  So When he gets up, I will give him time to wake up good and then I am going to tell him to move out by end of May since his mother told him he would be able to move. He's not paying any of his bills other than the cell phone. And buying heavy on cig. and vape juice. He some money but not using it wisely. I think he said he got paid yesterday but that will be one of the first questions I ask him. I am going to tighten up on his misery. He didn't like finding me on couch at 1 am watching TV. But I didn't budge till he went to bed at 5:30 this morning. So I didn't get a lot of sleep. TV is on and going full blast. Not going to turn it down either. And since I can't do anything outside, I need to vacuum floors and clean bathrooms. So I will be very loud. It's not like he has to go to work this evening and he isn't helping me do anything again and hasn't turned his hands to do anything since he was fired a month ago. 

• Sad 6

I would suggest adding the cost of the closet door to his rent, but I know from experience this would likely lead to a barrage of other damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1