MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Busy morning and I haven't left our little town.
Walked first to grocery store, then to drug store, then to health clinic, then back to drug store, then to mechanics. Both of our cars have been there over the weekend. DH's died Saturday and was towed there -starter. Mine has been waiting for a horn to be wired in. It was a lot of walking. DH's car is already home, mine is at mechanic's still. At home, I made low carb salmon patties and stuffed peppers (with venison and cauliflower rice).
Did 2 loads of laundry.
I'm tired!

And the play was very good! We had a blast! Definitely small town production and we sat in hard back chairs. Water was $1 a bottle and they had home baked treats and fresh popcorn at intermission! It was a lot of fun!

Sorry you are having issues with the neighbor, @Becca_Anne.

• Like 4

And...... last nite about 11pm her time, mom called me:blink:   She was not aware of her phone being on "busy" while I dialed and dialed.  So we talked for quite a while and went to bed late.  Caretaking from afar.....  not easy.  Bro is on the spot but is less familiar.  He and I pass data and ideas back and forth.  I'm now on duty to see she takes P.M. pills when we're about to hang up.  Bro  sets them up for her every Sunday in the weekly pill box.   At least this time, she's agreed that she's not remembering so this is a good plan.  I tried to do it before but she waved me off saying she's already taken them.  :huh:  Mebbe.  Mebbe not.  

Then again......I recently surrendered and asked to have a neurologist appt because I'm watching my memory get worse!!!  If mom was still here, we could move in to her house and DH could be caretaker for both of us.  ;)  Other than living a half hour apart, that was kinda happening anyway that last year. 

But she has assistance coming in regularly and can go with P to stores and such.  She's happier now that she's got someone who knows what "shopping" means.  [ but I'm probably repeating myself here too... ]  :buttercup: 

Warm sunny day.  Mild wind.  Snow almost vanished.  Loved the moisture in any form!

MtRider   :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

Mt. Rider, glad you got that moisture. It's needed with wildfire season coming up. And that you were able to set a plan for reminding your mom about taking her evening meds. 

Becca Anne, If you have gravel under the grass it more than likely was a driveway. We have several neighbors that have that type of driveway. They have to kill the grass off every spring through fall. That area would be great for a greenhouse or raised beds. 

Miki, that is a bummer to have both cars in shop.  But at least you now have one that is now working.  Hopefully you will have yours back soon. 

I have been busy with garden. It is almost ready for me to start planting. Past few days I have been working in yard between rain showers and working in the house. Need to finish up on the garage also. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff in the garage but still a long way to go. I think we are now past all frost. Rain yesterday and cooler today but still able to have windows open. I love when I don't need the heat or the air. Been a while since I could do that. We would go from winter to summer around here sometimes. Now we are having  real spring weather. 

Euphrosyne, the Farmers market is on Main street in Smithfield.  We can go together if you would like. It is a big one and more vendors will be coming in as produce and such come in.  Also there is a small one on Bennett's Pasture Road down the street from me.  It is not as good as Smithfield but nice. Lots of baked goods and such also.  There is another one downtown Suffolk but not sure if that one is open yet or not.  And another one on Wilroy Rd. behind the old Bunny's restaurant. 

Early this morning I washed clothes and cleaned kitchen behind GS's midnight raid. He did empty the dishwasher and reloaded it though but made a mess of the microwave. Heated something up without covering it over and it splattered all over the microwave and had to clean out sink and wipe down the counters again. This is getting to be double duty as I can't use the kitchen when he leaves a mess till I get it all cleaned up again. Then breakfast and cleaning up again.  July 1st is his move out date so I just need to hang in there with the extra work till then. I'm getting to old for all this but it is what it is. I would hate to see his apt. when he gets one.   I got really tired this afternoon and laid on couch for a bit. Yeah, I fell asleep and didn't wake up till 8:30 tonight. I must have been really tired. Just hope my thyroid isn't off again. 

• Like 5

I hope you do take it a little easy, Little Sister.  You don't need a relapse.  :pray:   You'll have to take pics like Kappy does, when your gardens start growing. 

Have we heard from Kappy and Chainsaw Mary lately?  So many storms....hope they didn't have troubling weather.  :pray: 

:lol:   Tonite I talked with my mom for a while.  Reminded her about pills and she took them.  Then a few minutes later, in the middle of talking, I get a dial tone.  :scratchhead:    Couldn't call her back.  :whistling:  I can just see her getting frustrated and throw the phone.  Her old phones were pick up to answer and set back in cradle to hang up.  SIMPLE!  

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We have both cars home and running again!  DH has a new starter and I have a horn for the first time since we bought it, about 2015.  We also have about $300 less.  Oh well.

Today is easy for me.
Walk.
Walk dogs.
Make mayonnaise rolls.
Make Impossible Caramel pie.
I gave up on the salt rising bread until summer. Can't get a starter going. I may try a sourdough next week.
Give Peanut Butter a bath as she goes for haircut tomorrow. I prefer bathing her so I know what is used (with her seizure issues).
Other than that, just spend time outside with the pups while we are having excellent weather!

Hang on @Littlesister.  July is coming!

I'm so glad that you can help with your mom @Mt_Rider!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am doing better. Just can't get rid of the cough. But that is slowing down now. next week or maybe end of this week I will be planting.  I would love to get pictures on here but it has not been letting me do it but I think I have figured out the issues but not how to correct it. Seems for some reason the computer put my pictures in onedrive instead of where my pictures were in my folder under pictures.

I did take it a little easier today. I haven't done  a lot of work today, But did teach GS how to put oil in his car. His light came on and I got him to check it and it was a quart low. So took care of that.  Yes for a 21 year old he didn't know how to check the oil or where to put the oil in at. But he says he knows how to change the oil and filter. I question that. I also washed towels today didn't get to that yesterday. 

GS has 2 interviews. One is tomorrow and one is Friday or Sat.  He also has found a house to rent. So if he gets one of the 2 job offers, he will be able to get the house for rent.  This will get him out of my house much sooner than July 1st if all goes well like he is planning. It even includes washer and dryer and electric as well. The house is on the owner's property. Saw pictures of it and it looks really nice.  Praying this will all work out for the best. And I can get him out of house sooner. :pray::pray:

Miki, glad you have both cars fixed now. 

I have a lot of things I want to do as soon as GS moves out. I really need that bedroom back for my office, sewing machine and craft stuff. The living room is open to the front of house at the foyer and anyone can see my mess in it right now. There are no french doors on it and it is open to the dining room also. I don't think the living room will work for all my junk and I can't really organize it as there is only one wall and other side is a 12 foot window that I really can't block off but so much.  I am not going to have a guest bedroom any longer as DD will sent kids to live with me without asking if it's ok for them to live here. They just show up with the exception of GS that I bought back here because he was living on street and about to lose his job as he had no way to take a bath or anything living in his car. So now that he might be moving out sooner than July I am putting a stop to anyone moving in on me. They can visit for a day and then leave. 

Edited by Littlesister
Hit wrong button.
  • Like 4

:pray:  for GS ...and his successful exit! 

Yay, 2 running vehicles!  I know the feeling, Miki. 

Doc appt was okay.  But I started getting overheated .....respiration # was way fast for me.  Have not begun to carry ice packs...but neeeeed to!  :frozen:  :knary:    My body can't make up it's mind!  Next appt....I'm wearing shorts!  

Then had to give blood again.  Didn't take enough the first time.  This time she must have nicked a nerve cuz it burned.  The whole time she drew out vials of blood.  But I survived.....cuz was laying back in the recline chair they have now.  DH was in the other chair - also had a blood draw.  I was very shaky but had the wheelchair.  Lay down in the back seat of car all the way home.  Then felt better til we had to unload.  WIND was so fierce!  Can't keep a hat on your head. 

I'm actually counting down the time til I can go to bed.   I'm tired!

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

Thanks for the idea Mother, Midnightmom and Littlesister! I think putting my greenhouse there is a great idea! I will see how far the gravely area extends. If it's a lot I'll also add raised beds there. I have another area in mind for the in ground garden and I'll put flowers there once I get the raised bed veggi gardens in the future. No funds to do that this year but it's part of the longer term vision. 

Had a great day at work today a really important year long project got completed sucessfully today and I got recognized for my work which always feels nice :wub:

Littlesister hope your GS gets the job and the apartment!

Miki so glad you and your DH's cars can be fixed. Tough to walk everywhere for long.

Mt Rider hope you feel better soon and glad you have a plan to help your mom remember her meds. Caregiving from far away is hard.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A bit cold out this morning. But going out in a bit to work on the garden. I want to get the squash and zucchini in ground soon. Then will be working on the flower beds after the garden area is done.  

Going to move the wood pile to another area. I still have about 1//2 cord of wood. But it is all by the garden shed. So moving that and that is where the green house will be tied down. Once tied down I won't have to keep moving it and it will be ready for next year's use. I have the tie downs so it's just a case of moving the wood pile and then moving the greenhouse to that area for a more permanent setup. Need to make sure my rabbit deterrent will still work. I have 3 units that emit a sound that will keep the rabbits out of garden.  Still need to get the fencing around the garden but the units I have will work till I can get that done. 

GS has a 4pm interview today.  I hope it will be a good salary to live on his own. He has another interview either Friday or Sat. I told him to take the one that pays the most money.  After I jumped on his mother for doing nothing to help him. She is the one that found the house for him. And is helping him on jobs around here now. It did take some of the pressure off of me. He is now starting to follow through on things a bit better. 

My daughter has 4 bedrooms so now it is her turn to let kids move in with her. Which her daughter and her husband is going to move back in with her from SC. They are the ones that moved in with me back before I bought GS back from Washington state. Her DH is going into the coast guard next month and will be gone for 10 weeks. And with her expecting a baby now he didn't want her to be living by herself. I can see his point on that. But no more kids are going to live with me. It has become to much work on me with cleaning up behind them. It's either I do it or the house stays a mess.  I am waiting to see if the oldest GD makes it in Washington now that her DH is out of the military and not working yet. If they don't make it they will have to move in with her mother or his mother in NY.  They have 2 dogs and 2 cats and are not trained. They poop and pee all over the house and the cats are all over the kitchen counters. I will NOT have that in my house to clean up behind and train her animals. I am way to old for that mess. And no she will clean that up when she gets around to it. Her sister said if she ever goes to visit her again she will be staying in a hotel and they can go out to eat. These kids are something else now that they are grown. Other than GS, they were not like this growing up. They spend weekends with me all the time when they were younger. And DH taught them a lot about gardening and took GS fishing and stuff. But now they are grown up and make big messes here. I just can't deal with all that extra work on me now. Guess I have just had to much on me the past 4 years and then construction and house is still not where I want it to be. So just can't take the kids moving in on me.  Rant over.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I understand that sometimes it all gets to be too much @Littlesister.  I have fairly firm boundaries with friends and family, now.  I also get that you have to tell somebody every once in a while.  God Bless you!

Walked first this morning.
Took Peanut Butter to the beauty parlor.
Went to Aldi and Walmart for a few things since I was in town.
Picked up Peanut and stopped at thrift store to donate stuff on the way home.
Got other side of mouth (teeth) deep cleaned this afternoon.
Spending more time outside with the pups!

• Like 4

Well, GS's first interview went well.  He starts work tomorrow. He will be working 4pm till 1am Monday thru Friday.  It's Trinco countertops. They install them. So hopefully this will work out for him. He still has an interview with BJ's wholesale. He is hoping to do both a full time and a part time job. So hopefully soon he will be moving out. Yes, I cleaned up his mess that he spilled and left for me to clean up today. Little brat just will not clean up his messes.

I worked outside most all day.  Got 3 flower beds cleaned out. I must have pulled up a 1000 oak trees. Seems the squirrels  have been hiding acorns all over the flower bed on side of house.  Only a few pine trees pulled up. Tomorrow I will work on the large garden area. Need to clean it out and then till it again. Going to start planting next week. So trip to the feed and seed soon. I am beat and sore. Took a hot shower after I got done and needed to take aleve for the soreness.

• Like 5

Just right, Little Sister!  Your dd needs to step up and finish off the training of those kids.  Esp when one is having baby.  That may settle her...maternal instincts?  Hope paternal instincts arise when he gets back too.  :pray: 

Had a long day yesterday but got some First Aid stuff reviewed today.  Not feeling too bad today.  :amen:

Our ducks and geese were finally able to be out on the pond.  As of today it's ice free.  They came right up to the duckhouse towards evening!  Yay, they remembered! 

Dog is doing very well with running loose and staying on our property.  Returns to the car or up to the house.  :cheer:  She doesn't get out of car until our birds are inside their fenced area!  Ms. Gleeeeful would love to run up to them to say HI!!!   :twister3:  

Was very happy to report to doc that her system of going to sleep actually works....even on me.  Admitted that I was dubious but stuck it out for the 2 wks and had success.  There are a few things that can interrupt it tho.  But generally, I'm not taking anything.  :happy0203:  :bounce:    I'll keep the Unisom for those extreme nights but sure cuts down on how much I have to stock.

AND Bro said mom will have her new phones -- desk style that she's used to -- with a new company for phone/TV as early as Monday.   When we got cut off a few nights ago, it was ComCast that had the problem.  Been passing hello's back and forth thru Bro.  :amen: 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 5

(((Littlesister))) Glad your GS got the job hope it works out for him. 

Mt RIder so glad you are sleeping better! It makes life so much more bearable.

Miki glad you were able to get your teeth taken care of and able to spend more time outside. It's been lovely here so I am looking forward to the weekend hoping to get out in my garden. My seedlings the first batch is hardened off ready to plant as soon as I get the ground rototilled! My asparagus and strawberries arrived today so I need to get them in the ground tomorrow. Hoping my son and hubby can get that done for me.

• Like 4

My teeth were another step of preps along with losing the weight that I did @Becca_Anne.  Glad to have that much done!

How did I miss your docs solution to sleeping better @Mt_Rider?  Can you re-explain, please?  You know I am interested!

I'm glad your GS got the job @Littlesister.  I do hope he doesn't take on too much with a part time job, also.  Don't want him to end up losing the main one!

Already walked and then made a vegetarian omelet casserole for breakfasts.
Will walk dogs soon.
Change out a few light bulbs.
I have no idea what else except sitting outside with pups.

I made rolls yesterday. Called Mayonnaise rolls. The dough was more like cake batter and went in muffin tins, but the taste and consistency is like a perfect dinner roll. I will try to link the recipe and the one for the low carb veggie bake.

This contains an image of:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6333255709573490/

Broccoli, mushroom, egg and cheese casserole, for breakfast or worknight dinner.

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sounds good.

One of my chicks ... young hens ... keeps getting in and out of the egg room of the hen house, rearranging that room, and settling into a laying position.  The gray hen keeps following her around and mimicking her position, acting kind of like a midwife.

Today's groceries:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.a8cbadc481c457382789e501f2e15f9d.jpgRed bananas, avocado, and salad.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 6

Wow...that salad looks good.  Maybe we can get some greens from store today.  Mouth watering for SALAD stuff! 

Yeah, Miki.  I'll post the whole sleep routine in a new post.  She called it "Sleep Hygiene"   :scratchhead:   which sounds to me like:  how often you change your sheets!  :lol:  Doctor language.   I'm going after your recipes too!

I put a Prayer Request into the Blue Couch forum.  Our pastor.  Go there for more.

MtRider   ....see grief counselor this afternoon.   

• Like 3

Miki I am so going to try that recipe.  They both sound good. 

Ambergris That salad looks really good. 

Mt. Rider I hope all goes well for you with counselor today.  :pray: all works out.

Went out this morning to work on garden and I can hardly get up and down. Cleaning out 3 flower beds yesterday has my butt and legs so sore I could barely get out of bed this morning. But did manage to get a little bit done. Just hurts to get up and down today.  Cleaned up and then went to Walgreen.  Needed more cough syrup. They had the ones that were by one get one free. But it was a 2 bottle case that had one for day time and one for night time. So was able to get a free 2 pack. I also went ahead a picked up the wound care saline solution. I was low on it so figured while I was there I would pick that up as well. GS starts his new job this afternoon. I just hope he likes it and this job will work out for him.  He has an interview Sat. with BJ's so he plans on taking the job that pays the most for his full time job. Will just have to see how it all goes. 

• Like 4

WARNING...LONG POST AHEAD. GO TAKE A BIO BREAK AND GRAB A BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOICE.  :sEm_blush:

Well, this trip went better than the last one at Christmas time. I had a great time with G-son. We played kickball and basketball and he read to me my first story. One thing I really liked is in cub scouts they had an Easter Egg hunt using a compass and also GPS. Now he knows how to use a compass…mostly. They got a new dog which is cute but a yapper…ugh. Hope she out grows that soon. He had movie night at his school on Friday night. They all bring a sleeping bag and come in their jammies and slippers. They get popcorn and some juice box thing. Toy Story was on the line-up this time. Now I know why it was suggested I buy him a sleeping bag for Christmas last year. I asked who his best friend was. He said it’s ‘his brother from another mother…Lincoln’. I knew Lincoln was his BFF but I didn’t know about the brother/mother part. Interesting. Gives a new meaning to Who’s your (Hoosier) daddy.  LOL.  School had a field trip to a farm Monday. He liked the goats the best in case anyone is wondering. 

I thought I might stop in Shipshewana while driving by but the exit/entry ramp was closed. It will be closed until May 24th. Both directions coming and going. I didn’t want to use another ramp and possibly go way out of my way having to double back for miles to get to another ramp. And I’m not as familiar with the area as I once was. I only wanted to go to Yoder’s Department Store and Lolly’s quilt store any way.  Maybe next time.

I’ve been wanting to go to a bargain center (Baileys) for a while again and finally went. I was warned it was a junk store. It is. The place is HUGE. But I found a couple of things like a nice push broom with a squeegee and a indoor/outdoor rug for the garage. Just a small one but nice for a bargain center. They have entire kitchens and bathrooms you can buy. Too bad they aren’t in Ohio. I’m in the market for a couple of those.

Shopping over there at the next town over was fantastic. It was where the La-Z-Boy and Ashley stores are. Also Sam’s, Costco. Best Buy. Meijer’s and Lowes. All in one area in two big parking lots beside each other with all the types of other stores like. Michaels, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabric. Ollies, Wal-Mart. Kirkland and a lot more. I hit all of them and only bought 1 skein of cross stitch thread that I couldn’t find over here. :D That was it but I got some ideas. I didn’t dare go in the guitar store. I also didn’t cross the street for shopping but I saw they had an Old Time Pottery store over there and a discount furniture store. It’s about 30 miles from my house and I’m definitely going back to do the other side of the street…after I get a couple more pay days.

Best Buy was having a big sale so I bought a TV. It’s a Roku so it’s supposed to have some channels programed in. Then DIL broke the news to me that they might be on a trial basis and not permanent. Sigh. I guess I’ll find out. I still don’t have cable and internet out there. No use paying for it when I’m not out there enough yet for it to pay off. But the TV was on sale and now bought so I can check that off of the to-do list.    

Stopped in Lowes and got 6 pieces of DriCore boards to set things on in the garage to keep items up off of the cement floor. I really like those boards. I got six propane tanks filled to set on them. I got four 5-gallon cans filled with gas plus a 2-gallon can and my 14-gallon gas container. The 14 gal. container has a hose and a nozzle sort of like gas pump and makes filling the riding lawn mower easy. I have it sitting on a shelf so gravity makes it work. Son did the heavy lifting of propane and gas. I still don’t have a grill yet. They will probably be on sale next month so can use son’s truck to get one.

Meijer’s had Eggland Best large eggs on sale at $3.59 for 1-1/2 dozen. Heck yeah! I got a total of 9 dozen eggs and froze them. I ate a couple of them but still have 106 eggs in the freezer now. I had some nice vacuum bags that zip lock but I couldn’t get them to zip so I just used regular vacuum bags. Maybe I can get one of the bags to work when I open one of the others and just use one for the opened one. I got 9 egg cubes in one quart bag. One thing I did notice was the egg shells were soooo thin. I’ve never noticed egg shells that thin before. I think farmers are cutting back on calcium. $$$

Best thing I got accomplished was buying some furniture. Finally! It had to be ordered but that’s okay. I went to two different places and told them both that I’m not local so don’t tell me a delivery date until the furniture is actually at your store. I know how shipping is these days and I didn’t want to get a delivery date and go over there and have them delay it because it didn’t arrive in their warehouse when they thought it would. I’m on to that one. They understood my situation. So, G-sons bedroom furniture (Ashley) should be in by 3-4 weeks. I had a flier in the mail box that La-Z-Boy was having a store wide % sale. So I ordered some living room furniture. It should be in by 4 weeks except the couch. That will take 6 weeks. I got 2 rocker recliners and a couch. The chairs are standard Memory Foam but not the couch, so it had to be special ordered. I thought I wanted wall-hugger chairs but changed my mind when I sat in one. I really love rocking chairs. I’ll just have to pull them out further from the wall I guess. Or figure something out. Maybe a decorative chair rail on the wall? They will be side by side in the house. I just thought of that. They can deliver the chairs one day and the couch when it comes in or wait for all three pieces. Free delivery either way. I haven’t decided yet. I still want a glider rocker but that will have to wait. I want an inexpensive one and not a big upholstered one. Sort of like they sell to new mothers. Mostly wood. Although I’ve been saving for furniture for a couple of years now, I am officially broke! Really broke.

As you might have guessed by now, I’m all about the sales.

I didn’t get curtains hung or shelves on the walls. DIL was going to lend an extra hand when they came over Saturday to mow the grass. But it rained so they didn’t come over. Then Sunday we had snow flurries so no show then either. I went to their house and ate pizza and played with slime instead.  Hummm, hang curtain rods or play with G-son.  It was a tough decision. LOL  That slime was a mess. Not as easy to clean up as they say it is. Especially when it dries on the hard wood floor. I couldn’t imagine it on carpet. But we managed to keep it out of our hair and off of the dog. Thankfully that wasn’t one of my purchases.  Not necessarily recommended.

Son did fix my outside yard light. He flipped a switch on the wall inside the house. I never knew what it was for. I had been flipping it off and on all of this time trying to figure out what it went to. Sigh. Neighbors probably thought there was a short in that light whenever I was there. Off, on, off, on, off, on…

Actually, I got a lot done. But I have plenty more to do. I really need to get another shelf put together to get the food up off of the floor and on the shelves in the bedroom/pantry. I have a bunch of it sitting in the living room too and I need to get that out of there right away before the furniture arrives. And I have a hall closet that is over flowing spilling out in to the hall. My smoke detectors are still chirping. Seven of them. Those batteries just won’t die. 

Coming home a semi nearly sideswiped me trying to get in my lane. Fortunately, no one was in the lane beside me (I was in the middle lane) because I veered over there out of reflex hoping if someone was there, they would see what was happening and avoid me. I laid on the horn and prayed. It was a close call. I wonder if truckers can hear a car horn? Probably not but maybe I was alerting other cars. I saw a whole lot of truckers driving on the dividing lines too. Some veering off the side of the road throwing rocks on the cars behind them. Are the lanes too narrow now or truckers new at their job or over tired? Don’t know. Also, a lot of semis were tailgating me. I hate that. They seem to do that when they are getting ready to pass. I’m always afraid one will clip my bumper and send me rolling. I support our truckers but come on guys… When I changed toll booths from Indiana into Ohio the ticket that I got in Indiana was totally blank. Not one thing on it. I didn’t notice until I got to Ohio. I had to call for help (unmanned) and just tell them where I got on in Indiana.  Bizarre.

Lots of yard signs in my neighborhood protesting against using farm land for solar farms too. Suppose that is up to the farmer whether or not they want to sell out to the solar people. Unless there is some law to be voted on that I don’t know about?

I’m tired but satisfied with the trip. I got some prepping done like gasoline, propane, eggs. Plus a TV, furniture ordered and I got all of my laundry done. Will probably go back in 3-4 weeks depending on furniture delivery. Now I’m saving for a Generac. I haven’t checked prices yet. Probably won’t help in an EMP but we do seem to have a lot of power outages out there in the country so it will keep the fridge, freezer and well pump going. Maybe even the furnace. My real dream would be to have a whole house attic fan but I’m afraid that will have to be years and dollars away.

I know I'm going to miss some posts. Please don't think I'm ignoring you. 

My space bar still sticks and my spell check isn't working. 

No Solar. Save our farm land for farming.                                   I blanked out my town.

image.jpeg        image.jpeg

Nine dozen egg shells.                                                                 Toll Ticket.

image.jpeg        image.jpeg

Propane in a Jeep.

image.jpeg

Edited by Jeepers
It posted too soon.
  • Like 8

Oh my, that salad look so good!

Becca_Anne, you probably already know but, if you put up a fence that close to the neighbor, be sure to check your zoning laws. Some places say they have to be so many feet from the property line. It happened to a friend of mine and they had to move the fence over by 2 feet. 

• Like 5

Jeepers, glad you made it back safe and sound. Those truckers can be a bit scary.  I know you had a great time with your GS and got a lot of things done as well.  I plan on buying both a new living room suit and den furniture. But not going to do it till GS has moved out. He goes around barefooted outside and then comes in a puts his dirty feet all over the furniture. I have to keep old towels over the furniture to keep it clean. I had already gotten rid of the den furniture and moved the living room furniture to den. Only thing is, it's white. So GS has to go before I buy new. 

Yes, my butt cheeks are so sore I can hardly move. Can't bend down to do anything. Tried working on the garden a bit and then some other things outside. It just hurt to much to bend down to do anything. And if I got down on my knees to work on garden it was very hard to get back up. I hope tomorrow will be much better. Might take a muscle relaxer tonight. 

Jeepers I am thinking you will be taken another trip to Indy in about 4 weeks. 

• Like 4

Jeepers you got so much done glad you had a good trip!

Don't worry we'll get the exact rules from the city on the distance from the line the fence has to be and pull the right permits, etc. But he's not getting 1 inch over what is allowed. He knows the property line is smack up against his house but still driving his car on our property so I am done being nice.

Ambergris that salad looks amazing :wub:

Littlesister hope you feel better and the muscle relaxer helps!

Miki love chicken and dumplings. You all are making me hungry :feedme:

My blueberry bushes (10) arrived today. I planted 5 in pots and will put 5 in the ground. It started raining mid planting so I got the potted ones in but with lightning starting decided the others could wait until tomorrow. I'll be putting them in to make a "living fence" along my path near my peony bushes I think there is enough room I can just dig holes and put them in. DH tried to use our tiny rototiller but had to stop due to the weather as well. He did pick up the potting soil I needed for my greenstalks so I will get those filled tomorrow and put in the strawberry plants. Then I'm just going to have to make a bed for the asparagus so I don't lose the plants. I really had thought I'd have my garden soil ready by the time these plants came but no such luck. We'll figure something out :)

• Like 5

Well!  We are still here, wierd weather and all.  Tornadoes missed us, one hit a nearby town.  A :'little' one, mostly trees & signs down.  So grateful, it hit the less affluent end of town, and for someone living on the edge of financial disaster, the last thing they need is a roof torn off!  But God was good and answered my request for protection for our little homestead.  We were battened down for wind, so had little damage.  Lots of rain tho.  Garden is doing well - I have romaine lettuce to pick and eat and give away.

We have been sharing eggs with church choir members for a while now, as the hens are kicking out bout 1 1/2 dozen a week.  Everyone raves about how much better the fresh eggs are than the store eggs...I cant imagine how long those store eggs have been stored before they get to the store. Our goats are all outside, well mostly.  The littlest one still gets pushed away at feeding time and insists on coming inside to sleep in his dog crate with us, after he sits on my lap.  He is so cute...he follows Mary everywhere, just like the nursery rhyme,  Im glad we busted our butts to get the garden planted, because now the docs are most of my social life.  My eye surgery went well in the first eye, except for the aggravation of getting up at 3AM to drive 2 1/2 (we sped) hours to Augusta because the surgical scheduler insisted on making my surgery arrival time 5:00 AM.  My doc was not amused when I told him I had to dig up someone to drive me in at 4 AM.  i talked to the scheduling folks and asked for an 11AM or later time for surgery for the other eye.  We shall see what they do.  Meanwhile, after all the complaining I did about my back not being right since the last hip replacement, and all the painful PT, and all the assurances that everything was just fine....my neuro doc ordered a special spine x-ray and found the rods in by back are cracked, and the screws are coming loose.  Part of me things "see, I TOLD yu something was wrong" and the other part says "how the heck do you crack a titanium rod?!?"  I do more CTs tomorrow so they can think up a treatment plan.  I suspect that new technique of putting the new hip in from the side cracked the rods, as you have to pound in part of the prosthesis to seat it properly and it was right after the surgery that I found I could no longer stand up straight and everything started getting worse and worse.  Considering legal action.  That back surgery was painful and long, recovery also, and now it appears it was undone and I might have to do it all over again.  UGH.  Meanwhile, we keep on taking care of our garden and critters.  

• Sad 6

Well!  We are still here, wierd weather and all.  Tornadoes missed us, one hit a nearby town.  A :'little' one, mostly trees & signs down.  So grateful, it hit the less affluent end of town, and for someone living on the edge of financial disaster, the last thing they need is a roof torn off!  But God was good and answered my request for protection for our little homestead.  We were battened down for wind, so had little damage.  Lots of rain tho.  Garden is doing well - I have romaine lettuce to pick and eat and give away.

We have been sharing eggs with church choir members for a while now, as the hens are kicking out bout 1 1/2 dozen a week.  Everyone raves about how much better the fresh eggs are than the store eggs...I cant imagine how long those store eggs have been stored before they get to the store. Our goats are all outside, well mostly.  The littlest one still gets pushed away at feeding time and insists on coming inside to sleep in his dog crate with us, after he sits on my lap.  He is so cute...he follows Mary everywhere, just like the nursery rhyme,  Im glad we busted our butts to get the garden planted, because now the docs are most of my social life.  My eye surgery went well in the first eye, except for the aggravation of getting up at 3AM to drive 2 1/2 (we sped) hours to Augusta because the surgical scheduler insisted on making my surgery arrival time 5:00 AM.  My doc was not amused when I told him I had to dig up someone to drive me in at 4 AM.  i talked to the scheduling folks and asked for an 11AM or later time for surgery for the other eye.  We shall see what they do.  Meanwhile, after all the complaining I did about my back not being right since the last hip replacement, and all the painful PT, and all the assurances that everything was just fine....my neuro doc ordered a special spine x-ray and found the rods in by back are cracked, and the screws are coming loose.  Part of me things "see, I TOLD yu something was wrong" and the other part says "how the heck do you crack a titanium rod?!?"  I do more CTs tomorrow so they can think up a treatment plan.  I suspect that new technique of putting the new hip in from the side cracked the rods, as you have to pound in part of the prosthesis to seat it properly and it was right after the surgery that I found I could no longer stand up straight and everything started getting worse and worse.  Considering legal action.  That back surgery was painful and long, recovery also, and now it appears it was undone and I might have to do it all over again.  UGH.  Meanwhile, we keep on taking care of our garden and critters.  

• Sad 1