Walked.
Made a low carb breakfast casserole.
Planted vegies in lick tubs.
Did laundry.
More ebay photos.
Gave Peanut Butter (dog) a bath.

Today, walked first.
Went to local grocery for sales.
Peanut Butter to vet for blood work. She is either diabetic, has kidney or bladder infection or has some type of kidney disease. We will get results tomorrow.
Went to auto parts store for horn to replace original that doesn't work.
Home and walked dogs.
That's enough!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Sending love to little Peanut Butter.  :pray:

Isn't it amazing what can be done when the internet goes out!  

I started out going to Dunkin Donuts. I mentioned them last night and couldn't stop thinking about them. They are right across the road. My Jeep just automatically turned in there. Their Vanilla Ice Coffee is really good. I don't take any cream or sugar and it is plenty sweet. I can't drink too much of it because I makes my heart race. But a large will last me a couple of days. I think I have it out of my system now so I probably won't want another one for a month or two. The large is huge. About like a large Burger King cup large. Last night I said they were $4.00. Turns out they are $3.50. 

I was expecting a small package from Amazon today so I went to the house and got it. It just fit in the mail box. The other little package will go to DIL house because they couldn't give me a date. It isn't from Amazon. No biggie. Just cross stitch patterns. The police drove by while I was there. They said they would do that more often. Not that it matters now, but still appreciated. 

I mailed my taxes at the post office. I took them in so they would have less chance of getting lost. We were having major issues with our mail boxes around town a few months back. Someone was stealing mail for the checks. I think it was around Christmas time. This is another time of year when checks could be stolen. Taxes. And I sent an Easter card to You-Know-Who. I signed it from The Gramster. Wonder how long it will take him to figure it out. Will keep mom and dad busy trying to explain that one. :engel-smilies-10-1:

Pharmacy sent me three texts to pick up prescriptions. I thought they had three ready. Nope just one and it is one I didn't want. I'm starting to really hate that new fangled text thing that all the kids are talking about.  :D

Was going to pick up a couple of grocery items but was starting to feel faint-ish so will shoot for tomorrow. Probably all that coffee I guzzled.   

Pretty quiet today. Tomorrow is doctor visit. He has some 'splainin to do. Where is my last lab work you said you were going to mail me on March 1st. and what happened with my last urinalysis that you never called me about. Enquiring minds want to know! 

• Like 6

Jeepers, I sent a package to my brother, full of hard to find/get spices, growing in my yard….someone stole it!  He keeps begging for me to send more. Lol

Sorry about your doc dropping the ball..  seems like that’s the way it is anymore.  I’m hoping, next weeks visit to his heart Dr, he can quit taking the meds that cost $400+ each month! Sigh.

So…for me, I’m pulling waist high spring weeds… 200+ gallons, so far…5 gallon buckets, 2 fill a garbage bag…. They say, my roll off dumpster will be replaced tomorrow… it got stuck on the truck clamps, & we had to pull it off…he had to try to empty it again, because it was still 1/2 full, it’s that broken… lol.  We’ve been waiting 2 weeks on back order.

Tonight, was Smitty’s pulled pork sandwiches.  BBQ’ed ribs, shredded, spicy sauce & onions, with dill pickles…minus the seeds…because mom has diverticulitis and can’t/won’t eat seeds or nuts….

Tomorrow, God willing, I will be able to finish the weeds in the alley, maybe get the few in the front yard, rake the front lawn and re-plant more grass seed….we shall see….

• Like 6

Annarchy, I was a little concerned about my package too. But I knew when it was going to be delivered. I checked my email and it said it was out for delivery so I went on ahead over. It was just a couple of small things. I had another small package sent to DIL because there was no delivery date posted. I got an email from Fed Ex today saying it will arrive over there Thursday. If I would have known that I would have had it sent over here. So, now I have to wait until I go over there to get it. Midnightmom mentioned using one of those Amazon locker things which is a great idea but my package was small and barely noticeable. And the package going to Indy isn't from Amazon.

Prayers for good health for Mr. Annarchy! Charging that much for medicine is criminal. It wouldn't take very long for that to empty my bank account. It seems like everyone in the medical field is dropping the ball. Especially doctors and the medicine industry.  

Dang girl, you must be growing some good stuff in that yard. You sure you want to be pulling it out?  :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hoping Peanut will get good test results back and doing ok. 

Annarchy. The price of meds is getting out of hand. My DH had a couple of high priced meds like that. Yep it will drain you fast. Prayers for Mr. Annarchy to have good health. 

I am starting to feel a little better though still very tired. But the coughing is slowing down now.  I might try to get back out and work on flower beds again tomorrow. I put it off for almost 3 weeks because of being sick and now I need to play catch up. 

GS has some good prospects on jobs. I just hope a good one will pan out for him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Poor Peanut, Miki, I hope it’s something simple.  Puppy woes are so heartbreaking.  :sigh:

Jeepers, the spices were dried, crushed and in ziplock bags…. Stupid thieves..  Maybe they ate well for a while..  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Annarchy, you are sooo much nicer than I am. I'm thinking maybe the dirty thieves will have an allergic reaction to them and go into anaphylactic shock and have to pay thousands of dollars for an ER room visit and meds. And get a shot! I don't want them to die or anything, necessarily. Just feel the burn.  Just sayin' what 'could' happen.  :happy0203:  

• Haha 5

As a former herb shop owner, I say they tried to smoke them thinking they were ummm weed(s) and could breathe quite well but got a terrible headache!!!  Just saying! :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Annarchy said:

the spices were dried, crushed and in ziplock bags…. Stupid thieves.

Yeah, Mother.  That's what I was about to say.  Next time put them in something that doesn't reveal their shape/texture.  :buttercup:

EDITED TO ADD:  Annarchy, that rolling eye guy was for the danged theives that can't leave things alone!  {not for you, dear one}

We're snowing and temp is in the teens. {yes, really}  Not snowing hard....tho I wouldn't mind that at all.  By this time, unless we get feet, it melts on it's own without paying snowplowing.  I'm hoping this won't be one of those years where I keep saying:  We NEED the moisture.

I've not been feeling well.  Odd...I'm usually fine except MS usual stuff.  Cold went to bronchitis and then....an uncomfortable but not major reaction to the steroid for bronchitis.  My voice is almost normal.  Cough is infrequent but still a bit strained.  But....no place to go and nuthin' to do when I get there.....so not a problem. 

MtRider  ....my mom gets out more than I do!  :lol: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3

Today, will walk in a few minutes.
DH has dentist appt. that I will accompany him on.
I have a lunch to go to at Church and picking up a friend first, then taking her to a local store.
No big work today. Maybe set up a couple more lick tubs.

I hope you feel (normal?), soon @Mt_Rider!

And you, too @Littlesister and @Jeepers.  Tis the season, I guess.

@Annarchy, I may have missed it, but did you get your heat replaced?

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Miki hope your pup gets the needed diagnosis and treatment. Hugs.

Big day here today we got our baby chicks this morning! There are 6 but one was under the heater plate when I snapped this shot. 

Also of note it's raining inside my front entryway the roof repair did not fix the problem :imoksmiley:and I got confirmation today my best friend/sister of the heart is coming to live with me. So my family is growing. She will be moving here in July.

Chicks.jpg

• Like 7

Mt. Rider, I hope you are feeling better soon.  And you can keep the snow. It's pretty bad when you can't even trust the mail to get your package to it's destination without someone stealing it.  

Annarchy, I hope you got that furnace taken care of. I know that has been a big hassle for you.

It is a very warm day today. Seems summer is coming in now. I am trying not to turn on the air condition yet, but may have to soon. Nights are starting to warm up a bit now and it is 78* now. 

I am feeling better though I still have a lingering cough. Still very tired and low energy. But at least I am starting to move around more and trying to get a few things done. Maybe the more I move around and do things the quicker my energy will come back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to the doctor. Sigh. I can't hear anything they say with those #$%^& masks on. I keep leaning in and saying 'huh'. You'd think they would get the hint. So I finally told each and every one of them that I can't hear very well especially when they wear a mask. No change. I sort of rely on looking at a persons mouth when they speak to me these days. And the doctor is no better. Plus he has a rather thick Indian accent. I'm sure it is lovely. Just not today. 

My blood pressure is still just a little bit high. I complained about the ongoing dizziness and fainting feeling. They decided to do a test there at the office. Took my BP sitting down, lying down, after standing for 1 minute and still standing for three more minutes. I flunked the test. She had to stop the last BP test because I was just about ready to pass out. They had to get me on the table fast and did another BP test. When she stopped taking the last standing test I had dropped down to 111/80. Way way low for me. They gave me orange juice. They also did an EKG.  They mentioned a Holter test. I've had that before, no real big deal, mostly annoying. But I'm not as active now in this one room so it probably wouldn't be very helpful. Don't know. 

He cut one of my BP meds in half. I told him fine as long as it doesn't further harm my kidneys. Suppose it won't. Couldn't understand what he said. But at least he knows my concern. He mentioned something about seeing a cardiologist depending on another stress/BP test. I already know I have tachycardia. 

He mentioned something that he suspects that (with the help from Dr. Google) I self diagnosed myself with over a decade ago. P.O.T.S. He thinks my "blood pressure thermostat is broken". I'm okay sitting down but when I'm upright I have issues. And not just when I immediately stand up. It's a lot of the time. So, he ordered a test to check for that. Something like a slant board test. I'm fine with that BUT they ordered it at the facility on the west side in DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND. I can't do that. It is all multi lane highways and in a huge complex. They should have known better. I didn't realize it until it was too late to call them. Will do that tomorrow. I'm pretty compliant when it comes to doctors orders but I am not driving there, having a test and driving back home. I'm just not. I can drive to the center of Cleveland now because it is a straight shot. But this is different. 

I will mention going out of their system to have it done. My insurance does cover that. 

Aside from the POTS test, that I may or may not have, I don't go back until July 10th. 

Not. Gonna. Happen. 

image.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

When my son lived near Houston he called that road systems ‘spaghetti loops’.  

Please do have the test …somewhere…. For POTS.  Not only is it very common after Covid but a growing amount of evidence is showing connections to auto immune diseases like Lupus and others.  They should at least take an ANA test.  :hug3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

quote from Cleveland Clinic pagePostural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition that causes a number of symptoms when you transition from lying down to standing up, such as a fast heart rate, dizziness and fatigue.

There is a similar "thing" that DH  says I have when I have a drop in BP from laying then quickly standing:  Orthostatic Hypotension.  [not hyper...hypo ]  BP is supposed to increase enough to reach head when we change positions but mine doesn't ....or is slow.  I've had that since I was growing up in Iowa.  :imoksmiley:  But my normal BP is in the  124/68 .

It does sound like yours is more drastic tho, Jeepers.   :hug3:   I do have to "grab carpet" sometimes when I begin to stand up suddenly....  :wacko:   I Get Down before I fall limp.  But it doesn't happen all the time.  It's happened a lot in the past 6 months of heavy fatigue tho. 

Hope you can get it tested tho!  Does your area have any Sr Services like rides to medical appts.  This would be one medical appt that you really should NOT drive back from!  Or get testing in Indy?  Insurance coverage ....such a pain! 

MtRider  ... (((Jeepers))))  :pray:  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Miki.....I hope Peanut is going to be okay. 

:hapydancsmil:  Bitty chickies.  How fun, Becca Anne.  Well,  they're a LOT of poop work for such little things.  But very cute.  We're sooo glad we invested in ducks/geese last May.  We've been getting plenty of eggs and we eat them frequently.   News of your friend coming  :thumbs:   News of your STILL leaking entryway..... :(   Wouldn't ya think someone can do their job right - since they expect payment?  Hmph! 

Little Sister...so glad to hear you're improving.  But don't take on too much yet!!  :lois:   Outside in fresh air is good tho.  Ack...you're talking air conditioning and we got down to  MINUS 5* again last nite.  :frozen:  

Seriously!  Such weird weather variations.  These storms are acting out the severe weather patterns all over right now.  My MN friend is just below the 2 days of severe BLIZZARD conditions.  N & S Dakota....Upper MN.... 

I just put a Weather Safety Challenge in RURR..... 

MtRider  .....still not feeling great but most symptoms improving.  Blech. 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 5

Thank you Mt.Rider. If there isn't a safer option for me, I will check into a senior ride. I'll ask my doctors office if they know of any service. There has to be a place closer than that. I could easier take myself to The Cleveland Clinic. It's downtown too but it isn't surrounded by all of those highways and cloverleafs.  Especially since I've never been on that side of town. Talk about a hot mess!

There are Metro Health, Cleveland Clinic and University hospital satellites in all of the suburbs around here. I just don't know if they do that testing. It isn't very involved. You lie on a table for a while and then they raise it up to a certain degree. All the while monitoring your heart rate and blood pressure etc.

The kind I have doesn't just happen when I just stand up. It hits anytime and lasts as long as I'm standing. Mine isn't just when I transition. I can usually avoid passing out by 'hitting the floor'. Sometimes I sit down and sometimes I have to lie all the way down. It always helps and passes quickly. Not too convenient in a Wal-Mart though. :)

They should have known better than to schedule a 70 year old woman who already has high blood pressure and heart palpations to try to drive down there in that mess. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

I have problems with doctors too  It took me over a month to get my blood test results.  The girl said it was all fine so I asked about my h1ac (?) for my sugar.  It was sky high. SO much for them really reading my tests.  My BP is usually 140/70.  For the first time in my life it was low 110/48.  I was stunned and mentioned it was low for me.  I assumed the tech would do it again.  No..we just took that reading. I only go every 18 months or so to get my bp meds renewed.

It is still so dreary.  Not much rain but hardly any sunny days.The morning chill is starting to fade away.  Soon it will be really hot.

I wish we had senior ride around here.  I really need to get my mammo and some dental work.  Being handicapped I have a hard time getting in the actual building.  I can drive and transfer but can't stand or walk. I guess I should move to a city with more transportation but rent would be pretty high in an apartment.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Non-routine dental appointment.  Hopefully, a little shopping expedition.

Pre-breakfast/post coffee weight is 190, down 20 pounds from mid-February and five pounds down from Mar 22.  It's not the rapid weight loss the doctor demands, but I'm okay with it.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 5

Ambergris, You reminded me I need to make my dental apt. I am changing dentist and need to go through the list of eye doctors in my eye care facility. The one I have retired. So getting close to time to get that set up with a new doctor in the practice. 

Going outside shortly to work on cleaning out the shed. Just hope I don't get tired to fast. The garden shed is a hot mess right now. Everything has been thrown in it. Then later hoping to at least start working on another flower bed. GS said he will help me today but he is still in bed.  He's not a morning person. 

Edited by Littlesister
Hit submit before finishing.
  • Like 4

In regards to Peanut.  Her liver numbers were off the charts high.  She is not diabetic and her kidney function is fine.  Doc thinks she has some heart problems besides her murmer.  Our course of action (okayed by doc) is to give her low dose of milk thistle and vitamin E.  Continue making her food and giving her treats as we have been.  Doc says that Peanut eats better than she does.  LOL  We will just keep loving on her and walking and keeping her happy until she has changes in physical and personality.  Thanks for the prayers!  Any low cost or natural input is welcome.

Already walked this morning.
Next, will walk dogs.
Need to find a couple of documents.
Boil a few eggs.
Bake a few bacon wrapped sausages- finish under broiler.
Haircut this afternoon.
Bible study this evening.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Jeepers said:

The kind I have doesn't just happen when I just stand up. It hits anytime and lasts as long as I'm standing. Mine isn't just when I transition. I can usually avoid passing out by 'hitting the floor'. Sometimes I sit down and sometimes I have to lie all the way down. It always helps and passes quickly. Not too convenient in a Wal-Mart though. :)

I hope that getting an "official" diagnosis for this condition - if you have it - will not affect you being able to keep your driver's license, and, your independence!  :(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Going outside shortly to work on cleaning out the shed. Just hope I don't get tired to fast. The garden shed is a hot mess right now. Everything has been thrown in it. Then later hoping to at least start working on another flower bed. GS said he will help me today but he is still in bed.  He's not a morning person. 

Forgive me for asking @Littlesister, but I thought you said that he was definitely going to be gone (on a Monday. Last or coming up?) Did I miss something you posted about reconsidering the situation/changing your mind??? :scratchhead: :ashamed0002:

• Like 3