MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Did a whole lot of nothing but listening to audible.   DH is taking care of the kids.  I'm so lucky to have down time.  Never underestimate the benefits of down time.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 7

Euphrasyne,  That is so sweet of your DH to take care of the kids so you can rest and just enjoy doing nothing but relaxing. 

I cleaned my bedroom and bath and the kitchen today. Now I am to tired to go outside and work in garden. Maybe after church tomorrow If weather permits I can start planting. Someone told me it is to early yet, but I don't think so. I have plants I need to get in ground by end of next week.  

GS got up at 5 pm this afternoon and I told him we needed to talk. He got his feathers up and wanted to know why. Just said that we needed to talk some things over and get something to eat and then we'll talk.  So after he ate. I asked him when he gets paid and it is next Friday. So no money for a week.  I then told him that he was moving out by end of May and he said no it is July. Told him not anymore.  And then I took him into bedroom and showed him what he did to my closet door. He said he didn't do that and I told him yes he did because I was cleaning out flower bed right under his bedroom window and heard him throw something though I thought he hit the wall. He threw his phone at the closet door. Plus I told him why he did it. That he made a big mistake going in my bedroom and going through my dressers and nightstand looking for money before coming outside to ask me if I had any money.  Let him know my bedroom was off limits no matter what. So will see what happens. Hope he can save money because he isn't getting any money from me. It is ashame I ended up with a GS that is so destructive and just won't grow up. But it seems I'm not the only one. My neighbors across the street from me, let their daughter move back in with them but not her 18 year old son. Seems he got very nasty with them and used some pretty bad language on them. So he is not allowed to live there. So he had to go live with his father. Their daughter is mad about it and said she can't see him and misses him. She got told to go pick him up and take him out to dinner or something but he's not coming back to their house. 

I guess a lot of grandparents and parents are going through things like this. It's sad that there are parents that just don't raise their children like they should and that the schools don't teach them enough to learn anything. And the schools are getting much worse. 

• Sad 7

If GS is getting that out of hand with temper, please do be careful, Little Sister.  Keep your phone handy with 911 on speed dial...so to speak. 

Had a good ride with warm weather today.  Hard to imagine from a week ago when we had lots of snow.  Wore me out tho.  Use a lot of core muscles while riding...not just legs.  DH took dog for walk and got groceries while I rode.  We had big chef salads when we got home.  B/J were here while we were gone [with permission] but we still don't have elect to living room half of house.  Apparently the new breaker in the electric box didn't fix it.  Hope J calls to tell us what they found. 

I'm really tired....fresh air and sunshine tired.  Don't dare nap or I'll mess up my nite routine. 

Praying a lot for our pastor's restoration to health today.  The community is especially praying today.  I haven't gotten an update.....up to God.

MtRider   :pray: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

An abandoned teenaged cat was sort of adopted by neighbors on the other side of the hill, who are currently out of the country.  So the cat is now ranging around looking for food and comfort.  My cats don't want him here, and I am having to hear all about it.  The furor has been going on for a good half hour now.  I put down food my cats had refused to eat for two days.  They might be refusing to eat it, but they are now refusing to let him eat it on their turf. 

I don't really know where their turf ends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Littlesister, doors are so much harder to repair than a wall. Good luck with that. Son accidently mashed in the handle on a thin wooden bi-fold door two decades ago. It's still mashed in. There are four bi-fold doors (2 closets) in that room. Would probably need to replace them all for symmetry.  Didn't his mom find him a house to move into about a month ago. Or did that fall through when he got fired? 

Poor Euphrasyne. She spent so much time trying to explain 21st. century TV/internet technology to me yesterday that she had to take an entire day off to recuperate. Sorry girl friend. But at least Mr. Euphrasyne stepped up to the plate and relieved her. Be sure to keep his cape clean. He is a super hero and a definite keeper. But I'll bet he had a ball playing with his girls. Down time is very important.

I got all turned around running errands today. I gave up and came back to the hotel. I was going to go to Wal-Mart for cheapy computer. But they are only 4GB and I want 8. My best computer is in Indy...of course, and the one I use is falling apart. Literally. I just want a cheapy to get me through incase this one stops all together. I need a computer right now. I decided to go to Best Buy where I always go. I also need to go to Menards. They are totally opposite ends of the towns. But I remembered that a Best Buy and Menards are nearly beside each other in another area of the towns. So tomorrow I can go to both of them in one easy drive. I would have been driving all over the place if I had stuck to the original plan. Gas is too expensive for that nonsense. 

I stopped off at the grocery store and got some more frozen dinners. Nothing tastes good, still, so it doesn't really matter how good or not they are. Something to eat. A couple of things I've found I can eat are cucumbers and frosted mini wheats and cheerios. Yeah me! Sometimes cukes and tomatoes and green onions with Italian dressing doesn't offend too bad. Glad I have a fridge/freezer in the room. I'm going to try popsicles tonight.  :D  

My sciatic nerve is really inflamed. It woke me up a couple of times in the night. Tylenol didn't help. Today I got some Advil and a heating pad. I'll probably have a better night tonight. Darn, I forgot to bring a little fan from the house. That would make me feel good. I love a fan. Next time.

Med at the pharmacy was a false alarm again. The text was to confirm that I want them to fill it. It's on auto refill. Just refill it like you are supposed to and text me when you did your job. Or not. I don't belong in this century.  Got the mail at the house so will be paying bills tonight. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry things are still so rough with your GS Littlesister.

Jeepers hope your computer holds up at least until you can get it backed up. Mine is kind of falling apart too because I dropped it :( But it still runs I just don't close it anymore.

Ambergris you have a lot going on, hope the cat drama stops soon. At least when you move will likely stop :)

Mt Rider hope the PT helps. I got good benefit when I did mine last year. 

Euphrasyne so glad you got some time to yourself it really is important.

I had a great day today. Ben and I went and volunteered at the new community garden. We helped fill raised garden beds and then the lady from a local orchard taught all the 4 H kids about the plants they were planting so he got to help with that too Then we came home and planted a bunch of our starts. I got Artichokes, Onions, Eggplant, Celery, and Potatoes planted today. Tomorrow will do my Raspberry plants, tomatoes and cucumbers. Will hold off on planting my peppers another week so it is a bit warmer at night as it will be dipping into the 40's tonight. I am really happy after spending the whole day with my hands in the dirt. :wub:

• Like 8

I am being careful with GS. He is calm right now as he wanted $60 from his rent money for gas and cigarettes. said the Marlboro menthol longs he smokes are $7 a pack. Told him to get a second job to support his bad habits. He's talking about getting a new pipe for his vaping when he gets paid. I know what he is doing. Trying to spend all his money so he can stay here after the end of May. Nope, not happening. He's going to be out of here even if it's on the street. So between smoking, vaping and pot it seems he might not be able to pay rent in a couple of months. But that's on him. I have tried and tried to teach him how to budget and he won't do it. He has been throwing his medical bills aside and not paying them. So he will learn when he is out on his own. And his parents can help him with money because he is breaking me. I have the blinds to fix that he bent up, the door is not fixable. It is a sliding closet door that is hollow inside and more like a plywood door I am guessing. Just one solid thin wood and is hollow. I can't believe he threw his phone because he got mad at it. I think he was mad because he couldn't find the rent money and threw something at the door. But he won't be getting into my room anymore. 

Ambergris, I would just move the food to other side of gate and see if the cat would be able to eat or lock the other cats up till that cat can eat. Cats are so funny and it is harder to train one to behave around one they don't like. 

Mt. Rider glad you had a great ride today. I'm sure it was a good day for it. And now I know why Euphrasyne needed a down day. Mt. Rider did you get your computer fixed long enough for you to find another one?

And I hope you get that sciatic nerve under control soon.

• Like 4

I did move the food to the other side of the gate, and that did appear to take care of the problem.  

You can get cheaper cigarettes than Marlboro.  We had couch-dwellers who asked for $7 packs of cigarettes but didn't throw out the occasional $4.50 packs I handed over.  

11 hours ago, Jeepers said:

My sciatic nerve is really inflamed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Laundry is on the line.  Roses are planted.  Bathroom is bleached.  Floor is swept (kitchen twice).  Bed is changed and made.  Can you tell the housekeeper is here?

While she did all that, I worked on Spanish lessons and salted down some limes, mixing sweet limes from the tree with key lime type limes from the market and mixing the pink Himalayan salt with sea salt.  

We're about to head to the feed store in the housekeeper's kinda scary car to lay in big bags of cuy pellets, corn for both chickens and cuy, and mash for the chickens.  

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 4

Seems GS spent most of his night in car. He's sulking right now. But that's ok as long as he is behaving. He's not looking for an apt. nor a room to rent somewhere.   I have spent the morning cleaning kitchen up behind him. Who eats 3 dinners. Pizza, spaghetti, and  and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And doesn't gain a pound. That was his supper last night.  He did empty the dishwasher and put away most of the dishes. That was something. But I think that might have been the guilty part of him. Yes he got :busted:

Jeepers, I really hope that sciatic nerve gets better soon. Are you taking anything for the inflammation? That video that Ambergris posted I have seen before they say it really helps. Might be a good one to try. But it takes time to stretch out muscles and such.

Ambergris, I could use your housekeeper, but I don't think she would like having to deal with Mr. mess up the house all the time. :bounce:

I am washing sheets from my bed this afternoon as it is pouring down rain and I can't do anything outside. I really need to start planting now. But as hard as it is raining now and suppose to be all day again. It will be to muddy again tomorrow to work out side. Hoping maybe the sun will be drying it out enough to plant tomorrow afternoon. Did I say I need a suntan anyway? So I will work in hot sun if that is what it takes to get my plants and seeds in ground. Weather is not cooperating. 

Got kitchen cleaned up and will be cleaning up den soon and mopping floors. Such a fun afternoon.

• Like 4

Hate to say it, but he was likely smoking something more expensive than Marlboros, and didn't want you to smell it.

Picked up a roast chicken with sides (soup, rice, fried potatoes) which counts as fast food here and brought it home to eat.  Oh, so good.  Cut up the leftovers and froze them.  Also picked up some not-quite-ripe plantains and creole avocados (i.e. seedling, not Haas) to ripen over the course of the week.  The pottery lady from Cera was at the market selling pots, but I don't want to buy large breakable objects mere weeks before moving.

Made an agreement with a guy in a truck to move my potted plants on May 22 and my other things on May 29.  This leaves plenty of time to clean up.  I hope this is what got agreed to.

Planted sunflowers and marigolds together as a backdrop to the red, gold, and red-gold roses.  Found that a few sunflowers from a prior panting are ankle-high, which is great news.

Gritted my teeth a lot, as my Siamese cat-in-heat has found her voice.

• Like 4

Happy Sunday everyone! Spent today planting 25 raspberry bushes. Got them all in the ground in 2 fairly straight rows, still need to put up a support for them but glad I didn't let them die before they got in the ground. This is a nostalgic one for me as I have so many lovely memories of my grandmother and her raspberry bushes. She had a huge patch and made jam and froze them and we ate big bowls with cream and sugar and berries together every time I would visit. So a core memory for me. So happy to have some of my own here. It hailed a little bit but then cleared up. I still need to plant the tomatoes and cucumbers and pepper plants but will do those tomorrow as I ran out of energy after digging all those holes. I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights due to pain from my cardiac defibrillator scar tissue which probably is being aggravated by all the digging I've been doing so I'm going to pace myself. 

Also today finished a book I was reading for book group. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. Oh my what a heartfelt book. Loved it so much.

• Like 6

Its legal here now to have it and smoke it and grow small amounts of it, but it is illegal to buy or sell it.  I'm a big NOT IN MY HOUSE, NOT AROUND ME person and I've distanced myself from family over that.  DH and I are on the same page.  Vodka is plenty of enough vice for us.  

Had a quiet day playing with my Silhouette making paper flowers.  I've got an idea for a framed picture with no glass  3d paper flowers and leaves with the words 'The grass is greener when you water it'  above and below.  Perhaps a paper watering can as the vase.  

• Like 5

Was getting ready to start cleaning the den really good and my DGD and her DH came in unannounced to visit a while. They are the ones in SC. I enjoyed the surprise visit. They are having dinner tonight with his  parents before he leaves to go in Coast Guard. They are packing up to move in with GD's parents next week.  When he gets out of boot camp he will be stationed in Elizabeth City, NC. That is about an hour from me. They will have to move every 4 years. But training will take place in Elizabeth City after he gets out of boot camp. He will be working on planes. He decided to go in because the medical insurance is much better and with starting a family now he wanted better insurance and a career, not just working for someone with louzy insurance and not much in pay. Plus they are talking about bringing back the draft. Rather they do it or not remains to be seen and he said he would rather have the option to choose what he wanted to do and what branch of military he wanted. Smart move. GD is just starting to show now. So will be needing maternity clothes soon. Her best friend is also expecting and was giving 3 cribs from family members. All brand new. So her friend is giving one to GD. So they already have a crib. Just has to buy a mattress for it. Her oldest sister is not going to have children so I will give that blanket to younger GD as it is no need to keep it and it sit in closet to dry rot. I also have one made for GS but he said he will never get married nor have kids. But he is young yet and stupid but maybe I pray he will grow up and get his act together. I will hold on to that one for a while just in case. They are going to have a baby shower at her friend's house not far from me in August, so I have plenty of time to get things together for them. Will be checking with DD to see what they need also, baby swing, car seat, stroller or whatever in the bigger items. 

• Like 6

Ambergris you just might be right with that.  He just put gas in his car not that long ago but then needed gas again. And he said cig. also. But I think he bought more than cig. 

Still not speaking and didn't even bother with his sister when she came to visit. Just looked at her and walked out of room. That has been an issue with him for a few years now. That is the faught of his parents. Will not join the family for meals at holidays but goes to his room and stays. 

Euphrosyne, I am the same when it comes to NOT IN MY HOUSE, NOT AROUND ME person as well.  DH and I had big issues with his DD and his step son over that. It was not a good situation and a long story about that. Lets just say his daughter had enough drugs that she bought in house to put DH and I both in jail and cause me to loose my DD. We found it and DH flushed it down the toilet. When she found out what he did. All he got was thanks a lot dad it wasn't paid for yet. Needless to say, she was kicked out of house and we kept the baby. She was 15 at the time. That is how we ended up keeping my step GD.  There is a lot more to it but I will leave it at that. 

Once GS is out of house end of May, I am cutting ties with him for a long while. 

• Sad 5

Ambergris, I was going to say I'll bet you are tired until I read further down that your housekeeper was there. :grinning-smiley-044:

Thank you for the exercise video. Not too sure I want to get down on this hotel room floor though. :unsure: I could do her back stretches but probably not the other things with the legs.

My back is a little bit better. Advil and a heating pad usually helps lessen the pain. At least they make it bearable. I thought to bring a little desk fan from the house today so I should sleep like a baby tonight. Also if I lie on my back with my knees bent and the soles of my feet flat on the bed that helps too. Sometimes I bring my knees up toward my chest and rock them from side to side. I notice if I lie on my side with my knees drawn up (fetal position) that will sometimes help. Stretching my legs straight out in front of me usually makes it worse. Wish there was a recliner in here. Just a bed and a couch. The office chair is pretty nice though. 

I actually had a pretty good day today. Lawn guy and I met up to discuss the shrubbery situation. He had some good ideas and I was clueless. Lawn decor is not my thing. He will email me pictures of plants next week and then get on it. Should only take a day or two depending if he has help. I'm in no hurry. I'll have to work around the weather this summer to be sure to keep it watered. I could probably get him to help with that if I just leave a hose outside. Faucet is in the back but whatever. Get a really long hose I suppose. He is a really nice guy in his 30's and he has the same first name as my son and G-son so there is that. He is a prayer warrior AND he is a hugger.  :D 

I found a computer I could afford. Just a cheapy. Online said they had one left and when I walked in, some guy had his hands all over 'my' one and only computer. Gasp. I hurried and got the sales dude to lay claim to it. I had the info on my phone so he retrieved the computer from behind locked doors with my numbers, while I stared down the potential computer thief. Crimony, I can't take much more disappointment. Online said one hour pick up. Well, that is true but I'm having the Geek Squad install and uninstall stuff. I didn't calculate that into my time frame. So, it will most likely be ready tomorrow instead of today. It's okay. I have my wobbly computer backed up now. The new one is smaller which I'm going to like. I think. At the very least it will be nice to have a space bar that works.

I went down the block to Menards and picked up the ceiling lights. I went right to them. They must be popular because they had a bunch of them. Or else they are a dud that no one wants. We all know where my luck lies, don't we?  Turned out to be about $12.00 each plus a $2.75 mail in rebate for the two pack. I got two packs. I needed three so will have to see where I can use the other one.

When I came out of Menards it was pouring down rain. The sun was shining and it was raining. But the sky was black just to the west. I'm probably in for the rest of the day. I think I want to sit back on the heating pad, let that little fan blow in my face and find something mind numbing on the TV. Probably should have checked to see if that fan still works...dang.

• Like 7

Becca_Anne, glad you got some of your gardening done. I know you didn't mention it today, but I really enjoy hearing about Ben's adventures with 4-H and how he really enjoys that too. He is such a cutie patootie! I still remember when he was a little feller and you had his picture as your avatar or what ever it's called.  

Euphrasyne, we are on the same page. Not on my property and not around me too. I think the only way I would change my mind is if I was sick with cancer or something like that and it would help with the pain or vomiting. I'd have to do something other than smoke it because I don't know how to smoke. Never did it even once. Don't get me wrong, I'm no goody-two-shoes. I can cuss like a sailor.   :grinning-smiley-044:

Littlesister, sorry you went through all of that. Family can sure screw you over can't they? I really hope you have no more 'move-ins'. We always lived far enough away from ours that no one wanted to stay with us. 

• Like 6

Thin beach towel or long bathrobe laid down over the nasty carpet.  It washes and dries with the normal laundry.  Regardless, doing a quarter of the exercises is better than doing none of them.  It's not an all-or-none set.

I have warm memories of visiting The City of Elizabeth City, although the name seems silly.

• Like 6

I really hope this rain stops soon. I really want to work in garden and get it going. May is about here now and It's time to plant. Rain Rain go away, come back again another day. 

Well, never got to finish cleaning up the den. But tomorrow morning while waiting for garden area to dry up enough to be able to work out there, I will finish cleaning up the den. I am doing a deep clean. Much needed from using the wood stove all winter. It does create dust but dust well worth it for the warmth of the stove. I really enjoyed sitting by that stove all nice and warm reading a book. My bedroom is all clean and sheets now washed. So one room down, then den and then after that the dining room again. Table is piled up again. How does that keep happening. I have 5 cases of canning jars sitting on it for one things and dish towels I haven't put away yet from washing towels the other day.  I used to be able to keep up with all this housework but not for a long while now. 

Jeepers, I pray your sciatic nerve starts getting much better very soon. 

Becca Anne, glad the weather is holding out for you and you have really made progress with getting your garden in. Hopefully mine will be in tomorrow afternoon pending weather. Though I don't think we are having rain tomorrow. 

If I had a housekeeper, she would run when she sees GS's room. I have never seen such a mess in my life. But he is washing clothes, cleaned his bathroom and emptied clean dishes out of dishwasher all without me asking him to. Guilt trip over the closet door maybe. But at least he did it. He can do what he should he just chooses not to. 

• Like 4

Earthquakes woke me up twice last night.  Neither shows up on earthquaketrack.com yet.  One at I think 2:20 and one, which lasted a good twenty seconds after I woke up, an hour later.  I put money, ID, bank card, and phone in my pocket and put on my shoes, and somehow had trouble going back to sleep after.

So I don't know what I'm up to today, but I hope it's not challenging.

• Sad 6

I hope the aftershocks are over and that you get some rest @Ambergris!

Yesterday was Church first and then walked dogs.
Put up tomato cages for my plants.
Finally cleaned out the junk drawers. Didn't take very long.

Today, walked first.
Did laundry.
Cleaned stuff out of my jeep as I'm getting it detailed tomorrow.
Made a breakfast casserole for the week.
Paid bills.
Called hearing aid doc for DH. Hoping they have a cancellation soon! He broke them, somehow.
This afternoon, I will cut up carrots for the dogs.
Make hummus and cut celery.

I'm tired!

• Like 4

https://earthquaketrack.com/p/ecuador/recent  says there have been 0 earthquakes in the past 24 hours, so either they haven't listed them yet (why wouldn't they?) or it was just the skin of our mountain slipping.  I don't add in "dreaming" because my cat was sitting up and upset both times.  Could have dreamed that too, but it seems really unlikely.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Garden beds needed a day to dry out. The hard rain past 2 days made it to muddy to get in there yet. I have 2 new baby rabbits now. So working on blocking them from the garden. I hope the rabbit repellent liquid fence works. Going to try that till I can get the fence set up. Got the wood stove cleaned out and glass cleaned. Don't think I will be using it now until next winter. Then started dusting and cleaning the den. For the first time since GS moved here, I did not have to get up and clean kitchen first thing. GS cleaned his mess up last night. That was a first and I am thankful for that. But I know what is coming as it gets closer to end of May. He's hoping I will change my mind and let him stay. Still not talking much to me but that's ok also. 

Made deviled eggs this morning. Wanted to use up the older eggs that was in fridge. Tomorrow, no rain so will be working garden all day. 

• Like 3

Got Den cleaned up and furniture vacuumed. Moved some furniture around now that I won't be using the wood stove for the summer. Hoping to find new den furniture that will work in there after GS moves out. Thinking couch and 2 swivel rockers. With those I won't have to move furniture when I start using the stove again next winter. Right now I have the living room furniture in den. Loveseat and couch. So have to move the loveseat to the other side of den when using the wood stove.  GS is at work so I can get so much more done right now. Tomorrow I will spend most of day working on garden. Pulled out the seeds I want to get planted so I am ready to go.  Only one more flower bed in back of house to get cleaned out but will do that after I plant the bigger garden and the one on side of house. Then need to plant the marigolds along the the front yard flower bed for a border. I have 40 of those so hoping it will be enough.   

• Like 5