MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's fascinating to me

cookiejar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting to stop those chirping crickets!! neener

yeahthat What they all said about feeling invisible sometimes. I try to imagine all the nodding heads cause that's what is missing with computer talk. Folks are listening but we can't see them or realize the ah-ha, I understand, look.

Keep posting girl. (((Judy)))

It is too bad that we can't see how many people have 'read' our individual posts. We would probably be shocked by the sheer numbers.

::::::WAVES TO MY AUDIENCE::::::

Cookie, what an excellent post on drawing out our lurkers! This is the best community on the web to be. I have called Mrs. Survival home for over 10 years. grouphug

To those of you that have not posted yet, we can't wait to "meet" you and enjoy the flavor you bring to our community. You won't regret it! welcome6

Just to let all of you know...I do hold the heavy weight title of Mrs. Survival's Queen Post Killer star but thats only because my typed word is sooooo powerfully awesome and profound that it leaves many speechless! banana

As for a serious note, many years ago I learned that in order to spread sunshine to others you have to faithfully give it away without ever expecting any in return. This jewel of wisdom has certainly brightened my whole perspective of why I am here and call this place home. I am blessed beyond measure.

bighug

Originally Posted By: JCK88
Yeah..Cookie, I lurked for months but sometimes wish I never came out....I just jumped in like I knew everyone and it seemed to put people off and I've been here since September but still feel as invisible as I was a lurker. I have decided that something about my posts have put people off and sometimes it is very painful to be here when I expected to just love it. I liked it better when I was a lurker, to be honest. But now..it's too late, LOL

Oh wow...I'm so sorry you've had this experience. Where exactly do these types of things happen because I must have missed something...this site is getting to big that I can't keep up with it anymore.

((((jck))))

Ginger, that statement was so powerfully awesome and profound that it DID leave me speechless grin

Truthfully, giving sunshine away is a WONDERFUL feeling.

bighug

I'm with Mother on this Ginger....great post and the following quoted statement from you is something we all need to learn. Thanks girlfriend!!! bighug

"I learned that in order to spread sunshine to others you have to faithfully give it away without ever expecting any in return.

Many years ago in a galaxy far far away I lurked for about two years. Afraid to be known until I read a comment by a poster who became one of my bestest buddies(and even I know you don't find them just everywhere-Forest Gump-Bubba). He said there are two ways to live-afraid(and silent) or make so many waves that your absence would be deafening. Since then I have tried to totally express what I feel about everything(well nearly)(don't want the alphabet boys knocking on the door vengefully). Another way to think about lurking is that you are just a number instead of a person with traits. There is an old axiom--either stand for something or fall for anything. Recently a lady from Ohio said she was going to send me two "wheels" of cheese. I asked her how much I owed her and she said something that I will never forget. She said that my prayers,thoughts,comments,and posts had meant lots to her and that she wanted to return the favor. Got a bug in my eye over that one.

If you are out there in lurker land and feel that you have nothing to contribute you are badly mistaken. Everyone is important, everyone has a viewpoint, and everyone of you can make someone else's day brighter and more complete. My heart has been blessed sooo many times just by a simple hello or howdy 06. I have been blessed by seeing others kindness toward others tragedies in their lives. Just a kind thought so easily expressed across your keyboard can turn a weary heart to joy, can fill a void that is draining the life from someone, or even join in on a happy occasion. Then there are always your life experiences that might help a struggling brother/sister through theirs. I'll quit "preaching" and simply encourage you who have never or seldom reply/post to join in. Become a voice of a person with likes, dislikes, opinions, beliefs,instead of a number on the side of the page. "Only The Shadow Knows"( from an old radio show).

Oh yes, Leah----"I lurked for 2 years, folks - They can't shut me up, now!"-----from what I hear through the grapevine there is a concerted effort to do just that--ROTFLMAO--later on, wc

I lurked for a long time...and then stayed away for awhile. So long that I even forgot what my first "name" was! LOL (probably "Molly Sue"...but I could not get it to work. LOL)

I am just now getting into pace with the group, but learning every time I log on!

**Still leaving the impression that I am quiet and sweet!** Kayla, do not give me a way! LOL

GINGER:

Quote:
...my typed word is sooooo powerfully awesome and profound that it leaves many speechless! ...in order to spread sunshine to others you have to faithfully give it away without ever expecting any in return.

-6:

Quote:
...Everyone is important, everyone has a viewpoint, and everyone of you can make someone else's day brighter and more complete... Just a kind thought so easily expressed across your keyboard can turn a weary heart to joy, can fill a void that is draining the life from someone, or even join in on a happy occasion...

bowbowbow

VERY well said! bouquet

dogmom4:

Quote:
...and Cat...I read everything you post...just so you know somebody is reading your posts.

sofaoutahere

And everybody else...

There is nothing so endearing as this kind of shared experiences and playful truth.

I love you all...

grouphug2

Dee:

Quote:
Uh CAT, you haven't quoted anything I said.....I'm going to be like Darlene and *pout* awhile!!!

bowbowbowbowbowbowbowbowbowbowbowbow

Love ya, Sis!!! sassing

bighug

Originally Posted By: JCK88
Yeah..Cookie, I lurked for months but sometimes wish I never came out....I just jumped in like I knew everyone and it seemed to put people off and I've been here since September but still feel as invisible as I was a lurker. I have decided that something about my posts have put people off and sometimes it is very painful to be here when I expected to just love it. I liked it better when I was a lurker, to be honest. But now..it's too late, LOL

{{HUGS}} I think we have all felt that way at one time or another. I have been on one board for over 6 years....and there are still times that I feel like I can "kill" a thread faster than anyone out there!

And just to let you know... I have never been put off by any of your posts.

Sometimes a thread dies because well everything was said. I have been the last on a lot of threads, but let me tell you I am here to stay.

I have enjoyed your posts on gluten free diet and I am sure that has been helpful to a lot of people. I enjoyed your posts on cast iron pots and your helpful hints.

And I really like the picture of the cat.-----

Once I got alittle out of hand and started a fight with another poster, yes I started it. Well Cat had to come down on me and she was right. But I really like her and I don't think she thinks much about it. Things happen don't worry about coffee2it.

Now I don't mean to imply that you got in trouble just me giving an example of stuff that happens. We like you.

Well, how about that? I thought I was the Queen of Post Killing! I expect we all feel that way from time to time. I know I've meant to respond to posts later when I have more time and then couldn't find the post later. It is a big board and there's lots of places for posts to "hide"! And sometimes I forget to go back to post the response. Ooops!

((((COOKIE)))) You nailed it! I've often thought about this...all these people here-different people, different places, different walks of life--with one thing in common: MrsSurvival Sisters and Brothers. People that, without this place, would have probably never met, never known each other, never shared themselves. Sometimes it just boggles the mind. I think about the people that have moved on, ones that joined and stayed for a time and ????? They touched me, helped me, and I keep them in my memories. Friends that are here now-ones to joke with and share with and sometimes to cry with. (((((Everyone))))) AND-the ones to come-NEWBIES!! clapbighug New people to meet and get to know and learn from and-OOOOOOOOH-all the FUN! Sometimes I look at 'Who's Online' and see a name I don't recognize and I'll click on it. hehe I look to see when they registered and how many posts-sometimes they've been registered for quite a while and never posted...wonder why??? I sometimes click on them or on someone who is on the 'Newest Members' list to see if they put in their profile where they're located and/or what their interests are and I can't wait for them to post a big ole "HI" on the Sunporch. I haven't posted alot lately-but the 'porch is the first place I look to try and get to know any new members-I read all the 'Hi! I'm new here' posts.

Ok--I'm rambling...as usual. grin

grouphug2

Oh, pooh-I almost forgot....

I have a theory on the thread killer syndrome. I'll give an example:

Back in the 90's, our local radio station did a noon show on debating/discussing something in the news. Listners could call in and comment/give opinions. It was pretty much live-just a slight delay of maybe 3 to 5 minutes I'd guess. One day the subject was something that I care deeply about. I listened to about 5 to 10 minutes of comments and was so mad I could spit. I called in and told them exactly what I thought. They asked me a few questions and said thank you for calling. I listened to the rest of the show (an hour) and became angrier and angrier cuz they didn't air my comment....til the very end. Then it dawned on me-my opinion was the end of the debate. The answer. There was nothing more to discuss.

It's kinda like when ya lose your keys. Ya always find them in the last place you look-cuz you don't look anymore. wink

So-when I read an old thread, sometimes I read the last few posts first. Once the most sensible answer/idea is given, then there's no sense in others posting. grin

Originally Posted By: Necie
Then it dawned on me-my opinion was the end of the debate. The answer. There was nothing more to discuss.

It's kinda like when ya lose your keys. Ya always find them in the last place you look-cuz you don't look anymore. wink

So-when I read an old thread, sometimes I read the last few posts first. Once the most sensible answer/idea is given, then there's no sense in others posting. grin

THAT is Judy in a nutshell. I should have thought of this. She is so wise and wonderful she answers the questions and people have no need to answer because she says it best.

LOL, I am not one bit biased because she is my heart sister.

I know....we could count up who had their name at the very end of the most threads in the past 30 days and crown them queen post killer. Then we'd realllly know....

Just Kidding..... laughkick

I like Ginger's theory and Necie's theory .... the last post given is the "TA DA!" curtsey

Oh yeah...

By Darlene

Quote:
Me thinks we all can be a wee bit too sensitive.

Yeah, that too.

MtRider [Darleeeeene, you can stop pouting now... laughkick ]

Archived