MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's fascinating to me

cookiejar

that more 2000 people are wandering around in here with me! That so many of you are lurkers or just drifting through. I'm truly amazed when you finally get brave and pipe up and say things like,"been lurking here for a year" or such!

Lurking here that long? REALLLLLYYYY? I'm so suprised when you finally hear something that gets you to visit, to talking and asking questions. And we ALWAYS listen! You never know what you know that we need!

We must seem like old friends, you've seen our foibles and follies along with triumphs and joys. SueC finally getting her house, same BluegrassMom too. PCS running rampant through the Best of forum (someone stop her! LOL) outahere . That their isn't a weed or seed that Lois doesn't know and probably could name 6 uses for it! lois

That I am semi-famous for almost Tazering a towel rack to death (It's a long story). That Darlene has a duck phobia (It's a longer story). duck

That SnowMom can compete at any level of a fair in everything from baking to canning. That Leah, Jewlzm and a few other are Image chasers-if you can name it, odds are they can find an image for it. once we asked for a chocolate bomb..never mind...let's NOT get them started. grin

That Dee is a Book-o-holic (sigh). Vic, Cowgirl, Trip, 06, OMB and a few o mighttt like a gun or two..or 3 or 6 or well you get the idea. :gun:

I could keep going, we're a mighty interesting bunch (Interesting having so many meanings). grin

Goats, canning, what's for dinner, prepping the mountains, the valleys, desert and by the sea. Water storage, food storage , kid storage -okay that's considered a NO, that last one, but I know they can drive you to want to do that...LOL. Look in Homeschooling for that kinda help. crazy

You could be brand new to all this and just want to know about surviving a financial crash, you could be an old hand from Y2K days, either way, I am really glad your here. And I do want to hear what you have to say. So go ahead and talk, it's not a private club.

We want you here! Say hello!

(But don't ask for an image, seriously-you'll never know what you'll get).

grouphug2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the duck story!

For me... honestly... {{{blush}}} it was a concern over *joining* and *posting* on a survival type forum... not wanting to raise any red flags...

BUT since I *think* I already have raised a flag... (where is my tin foil.... hmm does it increase the risk of alzheimers to wear it???)... I decided I needed this group... because though I poke around a little... other places do not have the *warmth* I saw here....

Cookie, this is such a beautiful and well written post you wrote. It accurately depicts many of the facets that MrsS comprises...

I was JUST sitting here thinking, as I came on the site, how much I love this place...as the forum page opened, I was thinking how blessed we are to have so many over qualified people who are 'experts' in so many areas...and they give FREELY of that experience, knowledge and talent. I don't know WHY it's like that here...well I do know why...

I have always believed, that even as imperfect as we are, even with all the mistakes we make from time to time, that God's hand of blessing and protection are over this site. For some reason He has deemed it worthy to bring together a diverse group of people, from all walks of life, from all faith backgrounds, together to share a common purpose...

We're not just preppers or 'survivalists' per se...we're just a group of people who bear a burden to get wise on many different levels...whether it be financially with food/home/debt, whether it be a desire for how things used to be livestock/gardening/preserving. I just said to someone the other day that regardless of my views about the trouble I think this world is in, and regardless of whether I had tons of money or not, I would STILL have this deep, heartfelt desire to live simply and frugally. All the instability in the world does is just augment that desire with concerns I wish we didn't have to worry about.

I know that sometimes when a new person comes across an established group of people that it can sometimes be intimidating. I know that strong personalities can be intimidating and that communicating by the written word alone can be intimidating. I just hope that those that are a little shyer will take that leap and take a risk, and jump right in and join us. The group as a whole has a great heart, and we have a big enough variety of personalities here to meet and greet all the new ones that walk through our doors...

Okokokokokok...I know...I'm droning on and on and on, but y'all need to understand how heartfelt I really feel and believe about MrsS as a whole.

Originally Posted By: Darlene

I know that sometimes when a new person comes across an established group of people that it can sometimes be intimidating. I know that strong personalities can be intimidating and that communicating by the written word alone can be intimidating. I just hope that those that are a little shyer will take that leap and take a risk, and jump right in and join us. The group as a whole has a great heart, and we have a big enough variety of personalities here to meet and greet all the new ones that walk through our doors...

Okokokokokok...I know...I'm droning on and on and on, but y'all need to understand how heartfelt I really feel and believe about MrsS as a whole.

Intimidating? Beyond that, TYVM. You guys scare the heck out of me!

ME? Like guns?

whistling

No, not me! I'm just a peaceful sheeple playing in flowers. lois

OK, maybe once in awhile I get in a little practice.

:gun:

Just a little.

And Louis? We scare you???

croc

It is VERY rare that anyone takes another's head off here! You are pretty safe amongst us, really!

grouphug

Anyhow, to all those who lurk here, you are more than welcome to join in at any time. It is a great group, and I've learned lots here, as I'm sure you have too.

I will admit that I too lurked here for a while before I started posting. Not really sure why. Maybe because I wasn't sure how I felt about the topics yet? Maybe because I've been on some other sites full of cranky old men that didn't want to hear from a girl? Who knows.

But I LOVE it here and now I'll never leave *insert evil laugh here.

I have to admit that I've never really been on any other 'survival' boards. There was one I was reading some stories on at one time. I didn't realize it but it was a closed board and I was just reading the archives. During Y2K I was on a news board but it closed up when 2000 rolled around without a flicker. So, this is the only 'survival' type board I click on.

I lurked here for a few months. I would have joined sooner but couldn't think of a screen name. Jeepers = I drive a Jeep. rollingeyes

loveplace

Yeah..Cookie, I lurked for months but sometimes wish I never came out....I just jumped in like I knew everyone and it seemed to put people off and I've been here since September but still feel as invisible as I was a lurker. I have decided that something about my posts have put people off and sometimes it is very painful to be here when I expected to just love it. I liked it better when I was a lurker, to be honest. But now..it's too late, LOL

(((JCK88)) I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. I've read many of your posts and I really do not feel you are doing anything to put anyone off. YOur posts are very informative and interesting. Can you tell us specifically what it is that bothers you? Perhaps it's something that can be explained. Please feel free to pm me if you'd rather. bouquet

bighug

((((((((((JCK88))))))))))

bouquet

Look, ladies... we're just gonna hafta love this gal up a little bit!!

I have times when I feel the same way... and it's no fun. I look stuff up for people and it looks like they never even see it. awwman

But then we have to realize that there are many more "lurkers" out there that we help even when we'll probably never know it.

Like you said, JCK88... it's too late... you're already part of the FAMILY!!!! star

And we love ya...

bighug

JCK88 I've felt the same way many times and I've been here forever. I've always thought I could kill a thread faster than anyone else at Mrs. S. When I've said anything about it others point out how they're sure it's them that kill the most posts. So, don't feel alone in this, we all get ignored and disappointed BUT if you look at the number of views you'll see lots of people are reading what you say.

Hey, you're family and stuck with us so keep on posting girlfriend!!! bighug

Judy,

I think at some point everyone feels that way. You know how I feel. I don't expect anything from anyone, that way I am never disappointed, and often gratified when I have some response to something I say.

You know I love you. I just may have to follow you around going "Yep, that is my sister and she is always right in whatever she says, cause I love her!"

Judy, Judy, Judy...(think of that with the Carey Grant accent)...Nothing you have ever said has put me off...sometimes if people don't respond to a post it might be that they only have time to read it...or they intend to go back and respond but forget where the post was (me!)and Cat...I read everything you post...just so you know somebody is reading your posts. grin And dee...btdt..sometimes I'll post about something I think is really exciting that I found and I'm absolutely sure that everyone else is going to be just as excited about it as me and the thread just falls flat as a pancake DarleneSwoon ...and I just say..."oh well...guess it wasn't that interesting." rofl Mrs S. posters are pretty decent people...so you lurkers...come out of the closet... bighug

Lurkers, oh lurkers.....here lurker, lurker, lurkers....

No, now honestly, we are always looking to add new "spice" to the proverbial "stew" . So add your spice and lets see what kinda of brew we brew!!!!

bighug's to you Judy. Just letting you know you are loved. I lurked for the longest b/f I posted. And I posted some, then I would quit and just read. This has gone on alot over the years for me. But loveplace and glad you are here among us. grouphug

Hugs to Judy, Cat, and Dee. Dee, I really know how you feel. It seems I too can kill a thread faster than anything.... someone please post, so I don't kill this one. blush

Archived