MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's TOO Hot!

Momo

101 at the bank the other day. 106 at the bank today. The shaded thermometer in my back yard says 104.

The chickens are spread like rags across the grass in shady spots.

97 here with a heat index of 104. Lost power for about an hour and half right in the heat of the day (3:30-5:00) I am so not looking forward to summer can we just skip it and move on to fall?

I live in Va. and it is totally too hot and humid here too

Today , we got a break from all the rain we have been having.

Only to have hot humid weather .

It was in the 90's today and humid.

I hate to tell you this but the alamnac says the south is suppose to be hotter and more humid this summer than ever.

Yippeee !! Won't we have fun??!!

I stay inside when the weather is like this because of my health conditions.

hugs to you sheila

awwww poor babies.....snicker

no simpatico....I live in Hades.

I have 1 of those temp things on my car at 1145am it was 103. Went to check the well as it has been running slow for the last few weeks and found the flow had dropped to nothing. Will need to get a pump and hope we will be able to get water. This was a free flowing well that has not stopped since 1997 when it was drilled. News says this is the worst drought ever recorded 21 months with no significant rain fall. I fear this is going to be a bad summer.

weathermanf2.gifbigsun.gifhot.gifsmiley_hottub.gificecubesmiley-1.gif

108 yesterday when I was out tracking down wethers that decided to go visit the neighbors. They said it was 115* in Hutto. My rabbits are dropping. I've been trying to keep wet quilts over the cages but they are still too hot. I am going to butcher them all and stop doing rabbits.

The water coming out of the hose is hot even if I leave it running, which I do. If I didn't, I'd have to run it an hour just so it wouldn't burn. I've been leaving a trashcan of clean water out in the sun and when I'm done with chores about dark, I take a bucket shower. Usually put my sweaty clothes in a bucket of water to soak overnight too.

Got daughter in my room during the day, but it cools off pretty good at night so she sleeps in her own room with a window fan. I only have the one room air conditioned. Can't afford to do the whole house. On nights it doesn't cool off, daughter has a mattress on the floor of my room.

I might try cooking dinner on the dashboard of the truck soon. It is so hot in that truck it burns to touch anything.

......to all of you who listen to me complain about digging out of 2-3 FOOT BLIZZARDS in the winter..... "winter" = which is every month but July/Aug.....

THE STOPWATCH IS TICKING....... We have only FORTY-EIGHT official FROST-FREE DAYS left of this garden growing season....... :blink:

And I actually covered the bean bed last night cuz it was close to frost.... :unsure:

MtRider [ :behindsofa: HEY! I have to have some good reason to live within the Arctic Circle....so to speak..... :D ]

my garden is burned to a crisp. And what tomatoes are left to ripen, are either sun scorched or the mockingbird has eaten half of it. I'll plant fall tomatoes in hopes of lots of green tomatoes for relish. Next year we plan to make raised beds. We lost so much do to wetness, i dont want to go through all that trouble and lose it to that again.

Thanks for the *bump* Leah, I'm going to try to make one and see how it turns out. They have them for sale with Personal Misting Systems in our area.

Mt_Rider, you simply don't get used to it. For me to adjust, I usually go out early in the morning when it is still in the 90's. As the day progresses, you don't notice the heart as much.

CGA, are you going to tan your bunny pelts?

I hope it starts to cool down for you all. For the desert area I'm in, it is normal to be this hot this time of year.

I had to chuckle, after making my post the other day, I went to the store to grab a few things DH needed and the temperature at 4 p.m. was 114. However, relief is supposedly in site, the monsoon clouds are beginning to build in the afternoon around the mountains. :happy0203:

Archived