MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It is how they decided to handle it for now. Lots of loops to get out of that or still expose anyone who is stupid enough to go into home or hang out in the yard and areas they frequent about the exterior of the home. But, you do realize even large communities like Dallas don't have any place to put them. ( You should have seen what it took for the illegal youth immigrants that came over the border..... so, no, they don't have all bases covered and if it goes martial law it will be for SIP I would imagine. ( In any state or county or the nation.) They would only treat the more critical stages in hospital, if they can manage some of that if it gets going. Or the Army comes in and sets up mobile hospital zones or in large buildings, conscripted for the purpose and transport teams in hazmat gear come and get you and yours if ill with it. AT this point basically its on the honor system ( :laughkick: ) ok, so they get threatened with prison. of course, but that does no good at the moment.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt our rural volunteer EMS are set up to deal with locals who get ebola in any quantity, no matter what our hospitals have set up recently. I also absolutely don't trust the director of our small local hospital here. Nor the VA , its not set up , in my locale to deal with any of this. Basically I am screwed if I got it. I am working on avoidance methods at this point and will put those in affect. If necessary.

Edited by sassenach

((((Sass))))

I think if any of us got it right now we'd be skruuued! Generally, I feel lucky that I have The Cleveland Clinic within 10 miles of me and I do trust them. But that is today. In a pandemic situation, if I could even get there and if they were accepting patients, in a full blown, out of control pandemic, I don't really think a hospital of any kind is where I'd want to be. They can't even contain MRSA and other staff infections. I'm with you, avoidance and making myself and loved ones as comfortable as possible at home is my main goal.

CNN just said that reported with NBC I think (could be CBS) had tested positive for ebola....and of course their flying them back to America. We just don't learn. The family is still in the house with the same sheets and things laying there, what is up with that. Even I would know, burn them. They had to put guards there because the family went to the hospital. What is wrong with these people.

I told DH that I bought him N99 masks to wear at work (in a hospital) and he said no way, that would be too embarrassing. So I said he could wear the tyvek suits with the masks and goggles and no one will even know it's him! lol.. he didn't think that was funny

making colloidal silver isn't hard.. from what I understand you can't make it too strong.. generally the homemade stuff is less strong than what you'd buy.. the homemade generators just aren't strong enough to make it too strong.. You can also eat with real silver silverware

Early this morning, I read in one of the articles that the CDC had cleaned up that apartment...... :shrug:

Yeah agree with the comments below tho ---- they'd better treat this like they do when a few drops of mercury are spilled .....or like when the teen peed in a bazillion gallon reservoir and :o they flushed it? Really. That story was too stupid to believe.

Perspective is needed .....badly. Ignorance is deadly. So is panic. This is the beginning of both...... <_<

Time to make our own choices ...... :sheep: ......cuz this is so new to our culture, we are not ready for it.

And the yappity-yap media.....who do anything to sell a story.....will be fanning the flames. [ought to charge them on the same law that holds people accountable for yelling 'fire' in a theater.....just my opinion]

========

They use silver in ointments for severe burns and severe wounds. DD1 had horrific accident and was prescribed Silvadine {sp} . We have a bottle of the silver. Fortunately haven't had use for it as yet.

MtRider :pray:

Just as when we were children we went through fire drills at school......so every hospital

Should be going through frequent Ebola drills.

They should have it all mapped out exactly what is to be done.

The ethnic areas of Dallas where most of the Liberians live should know what is happening

in their own/former country and by all means do everything to prevent it happening here.

The picture of the woman walking toward/through the water washing the vomit........

Just because they are here does not make them safer...is that what they think?

Just because they are here does not make them safer...is that what they think?

^SNIP^

I think he knew he either had it or was going to get it and came over here thinking we would take care of him and cure him. Well, we are taking care of him and his family. He probably figured all of the people who has come down with it, over there and returned to the US, as been cured so we must have the magic cure. I imagine a lot of African's feel that way.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/ebola-saving-lives-natural-allopathic-medicine

Something that could/should be considered.....

As one person said, we have treated 4 people but should suddenly we have and influx of 100+

it would be a totally different scenario......

Interesting.....sent link to DH. Undoubtedly, he will understand more in this article than I do...

MtRider :reading:

Fantastic on the masks! :cele:

I had to have a blood draw done today just to get my prescriptions refilled next week, and the lady mentioned Ebola. :blink:

She said, Don't get me wrong, I love my country but I don't like where this government has taken us. They have not kept us safe and they aren't looking out for Americans best interest." Then she said, "If this government tells you not to worry they have everything under control... then it's time to panic." She must have needed to vent. She looked like she was about 70 yrs. old so she's been around.

The place who does the blood work is at the end of the building where I go to the doctor. Since Obama care, they have had to cut way back. They went from an office of 6 people with hours from 8:00am until 6:00pm five days a week and half a day on Saturday down to just 3 people working from 8:00am til noon five days a week. They used to have a nice physical therapy set up in there too and now that's gone. I also noticed when I called to make the Dr. appointment they answered the phone differently. There was another name added on to the original office name. Guess I'll find out what it's all about Monday.

Oh that's a good article.. just keep wading through the medicalese and there's lots that a layperson can understand. Most of the jargon is about why things work, and while that can be good to know the basics of treatment with the things they're outlining is pretty straightforward.

Newark NJ airport, plane from Brussels, have one vomiting patient in quarantine at airport RIGHT NOW, Plane from Brussels was a connection flight from somewhere else. Medical response teams en route to Newark airport. As per CNN Live just now.

Dallas patient ( from Liberia) went from serious back to critical today as well.

Other DC patient was on same plane and vomited on plane as Dallas Patient. Plane is now quarantined some place ( yea right. Are they monitoring all the other flyers and aircrew yet? )

Any one who vomits on an air plane will be under suspicion now.

I can just see some yahoo doing it on purpose to get attention or thinking it's funny. It's not.

Good thing I'm not planning to fly anywhere soon. I'd probably be in quarantine. If I forget to take my Dramamine or take it too late it's the barf bag for me. Even on short trips like from Cleveland to Chicago. :blush:

They let 261 people that were on that flight go home after 2 hours! What if the guy and his daughter DO have Ebola? There is no rapid Ebola test, there is no way for them to know if they are infected or not but they let the rest of the people on plane just walk away! Sheesh..

For the first time in my life....I put gloves and mask and hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes in my car....about to start being that weird woman that always has on gloves and a mask.....

Been watching this thing like every body else. We're just not convinced that john q public is being told the truth...so help us God. We had a lengthy discussion this evening after we got home from camping (was quite nice not to listen to the "vomit" most of the news is handing out these days) and have decided that we will be avoiding large gatherings of people we don't know, or friends who fly or have been to questionable states. We'll also continue to use our sanitizers and avoid public bathrooms. How are we supposed to know if somebody got sick in that toilet?

Well they reported that the man throwing up on the plane didn't have ebola...BUT....how could they let those people on that plane with him and his daughter leave in two hours. That just blows my mind...they had no idea when they let them go, why would they let them go???? All this makes no sense. They gave them the sheets that tell about ebola as they sent them on their way. oh my gosh people what is wrong with you, do you think they cared, no they didn't. I saw one man being handed one and throwing it in the trash. Please tell me how this makes sense. Noone seems concerned, like this is all a big joke. They say the man in Dallas is critical now. They don't have any idea where they moved his family. The sheriff comes and takes them with no protective clothing, no mask, no gloves, etc. Something just doesn't make sense. Either we're just about as stupid as dirt here in Texas and don't know how to properly handle ebola (which is possible) or something odd is going on here. Why would noone wear protection to get the family?