MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Corona Virus

1 hour ago, Ambergris said:

Did you just say that Mike tested positive, or that he says 21 tested positive?

Ambergris if you are saying about what I posted it is 21 tested positive. Don't know who Mike is.

Mike Pence.

Okay, so one of the ladies here in my retreat group is telling us about one of her co-workers, who is sick..  The co-worker went to the emergency room Wednesday and was tested for the flu;  she was told she didn't have the flu.  She was not tested for CoronaVirus.  The co-worker's sister is visiting from Washington State.

• Sad 3
6 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Okay, so one of the ladies here in my retreat group is telling us about one of her co-workers, who is sick..  The co-worker went to the emergency room Wednesday and was tested for the flu;  she was told she didn't have the flu.  She was not tested for CoronaVirus.  The co-worker's sister is visiting from Washington State.

:runcirclsmiley2::behindsofa:       Good grief!  Nice way to ruin a  lovely setting, right? 

MtRider  :(   

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

Soooooo.....when CO jumps in, they jump big.  Two yesterday.  As of right now, we're up to 8 positive  [there is that R nought factor working it's way UP the numbers].  We have109 negative [at this time].  69 pending.....  :o    Total of 186 TESTED since Jan 23.  :scratchhead:   I didn't even know we were testing in January...

ALMOST ALL of these positive folks have traveled internationally.  STAY HOME!  :behindsofa: 

MtRider .... :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3

Rumor says the local big hospital was issued three testing kits in January and still has all three.  I have no contacts at the smaller hospital.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Confused 1

I think the reason they are discouraging people from wearing masks in public is because they know there isn't enough to go to around. Not now. Not for a long time. Hospitals went the route of the grocery stores. No back room store rooms. Just let the computer order when supplies run low. 

Along the same lines...wonder how this will affect our blood supply. Who is going to go in and donate. And what will their blood look like. Virus tainted? 

:tinfoilhatsmile:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Ambergris if you are saying about what I posted it is 21 tested positive. Don't know who Mike is.

I figured it out: Two test positive for coronavirus at US conference attended by Pence

• Like 1

Guess we will see if the vice president comes down with it.  Not to mention his family members. He takes his wife everywhere with him.

Jeepers, Never thought about our blood supplies.  Wondering if this could become blood born now. Hope not. But they have no way to just test it for coronavirus like they do other diseases.  That would be really bad if you could get it by way of transfusion.  :pray: that's not the case.

• Like 3

Yeah, the story is out about Pence and a lot of congressional folks attended a conference IN PERSON in NY.....then 2 attendees confirmed with COVID-19.   We are going to HAVE TO start less IN PERSON meetings....we have the tech, right?   [if not the Internet capacity for those of us in less urban areas]

Sheeeesh, Jeepers!  One more scale of things that will be affected  ...ACK!  But you're right!  :yar: 

OK....here is a clear article about the testing kits and the numbers story.  This woman is trying hard to CLARIFY the complicated issues that BIG ALARMING HEADLINES do not.   :sigh:  Unfortunately, clarity does not negate the alarm.....just sayin'.  There are other things to be alarmed about....like the whole testing procedures.  Ack!

https://www.propublica.org/article/i-lived-through-sars-and-reported-on-ebola-these-are-the-questions-we-should-be-asking-about-coronavirus?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Whew....tried multiple times to paste correct link....no idea why it posted different article.  :scratchhead: 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The site from which I've been getting my numbers to paste on here is out of date.  They show no deaths in Florida.  There have been two deaths in Florida according to the state.  http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/

One of them was yesterday, Friday.  It's now Saturday evening.  Does anyone want me to continue the reports, outdated as they are?

Edited by Ambergris

Mt. Rider, that does tell a lot about how the kits work.  We are just watching and  being careful and keeping our hands washed and using lots of sanitizer as well when we are out.  Not shaking hands nor getting close to anyone if we can help it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ambergris said:

The site from which I've been getting my numbers to paste on here is out of date.  They show no deaths in Florida.  There have been two deaths in Florida according to the state.  http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/

One of them was yesterday, Friday.  It's now Saturday evening.  Does anyone want me to continue the reports, outdated as they are?

I just clicked on that site and it is saying 2 deaths. But don't know what site you are getting the other info from. I would continue with the reports. At least it would give us general idea of what is going on.

• Like 1

Total Deaths 17
15 deaths  King County, WA US

1 deaths  Placer County, CA US

1 deaths  Snohomish County, WA US

The site I'm getting the info from is GIS and Data from Johns Hopkins  This is what it shows as of 8:30 Eastern March 7.

• Thanks 1

My granddaughter and her DH is now in Washington state. They are staying on base till they can close on house in 2 weeks.  They will be living in Poulsbo, WA.  So I am watching that area rather closely.   We have another granddaughter and her DH is vac. in Hawaii right now and will be back in CA in about a week and a half. His parents live in Hawaii. She's in Sunnyvail CA so watching that area as well. So far they are ok. Keep praying this virus doesn't get much worse than it already is. But then I see what is happening in NY. Hoping when the warmer weather hits that like the reg. flu, it will run it's course and be done with it.  Though I think that is wishful thinking on my part. 

• Like 2

I still believe this thing will not do nearly as much harm as the swine flu did...killing thousands right here in the USA. We just need to be very observant and meticulous about where we go, who we associate with and lots of hand washing for sure.  Reducing sugar intake is important even for cold season.  

• Like 2

Yeah, Ambergris.  I agree with Little Sister.  That list does still give us an idea of the trend.  I assume it catches up with the numbers eventually.  With an EVENT of this magnitude, accuracy is going to be hard to come by.  Even our relatively "little" CO wildfires....SO hard to get current data. 

LittleSister:  Poulsbo, WA....had an aunt who lived there a looong time.  :pray: for all your Grkids that are moving and visiting during this time. 

Heard a Marine tested positive in Virginia: :(   So it begins in that state.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-marine-tests-positive-coronavirus-virginia

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 2

Yes, Mt. Rider so far only 1 in VA. it is in Northern VA and we are at the coast of VA. Not sure where in Northern VA but I have a couple of Aunts still living and they live in Lynchburg.  another Aunt in Bluefield VA and several cousins that live though out the Lynchburg area. Haven't heard from any of them other than the aunt in Bluefield. They are doing fine so far.  There is at least 325 to 400 miles between us ant N. VA. 

But it could travel this way. Just watching for now.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

story is out about Pence and a lot of congressional folks attended a conference IN PERSON in NY..

Ooops, I think that conference was in D.C.  OR there was another conference in D.C. that was attended by both Pence and Prez.....  Ack, I'm not sure.  :shrug:    But I do pray that those in leadership do not go down with COVID in great numbers cuz.....no matter which side of the fence we prefer, loosing leadership in key positions will cause chaos we don't need.  :pray: 

Teleconference!   :pc_coffee:   ...like we do!  Friendships and communications without fear of passing microbes!! 

MtRider  .....And virtual hugs.  :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

The site is showing the Florida deaths, two-three days after the fact.  Oh well.

7,375 Italy
7,314 South Korea
6,566 Iran
1,126 France
1,040 Germany
696 Others (trapped on Diamond Princess)
673 Spain
537 US  (broken down below)
502 Japan
337 Switzerland
273 UK
265 Netherlands
203 Sweden
200 Belgium
176 Norway
150 Singapore
114 Hong Kong 
104 Austria
99 Malaysia
85 Bahrain
76 Australia
73 Greece
64 Canada
64 Kuwait
60 Iraq
50 Thailand
50 Iceland
49 Egypt
45 United Arab Emirates
45 Taiwan
39 India
39 Israel
36 San Marino
35 Denmark
32 Lebanon
31 Czech Republic
30 Vietnam
30 Portugal
23 Finland
22 Palestine
21 Republic of Ireland
20 Brazil
19 Ireland
19 Algeria
17 Russia
16 Slovenia
16 Oman
15 Romania
15 Qatar
14 Ecuador
13 Georgia
12 Argentina
12 Croatia
11 Saudi Arabia
11 Poland
10 Macau
10 Philippines
10 Estonia
9 Azerbaijan
8 Chile
7 Hungary
7 Mexico
6 Pakistan
6 Peru
6 Indonesia
6 Belarus
5 French Guiana
5 New Zealand
5 Dominican Republic
5 Costa Rica
4 Afghanistan
4 Bulgaria
4 Senegal
4 Maldives
3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 Saint Barthelemy
3 North Macedonia
3 Bangladesh
3 Slovakia
3 South Africa
3 Luxembourg
3 Malta
2 Cambodia
2 Cameroon
2 Faroe Islands
2 Morocco
2 Tunisia
2 Martinique
2 Latvia
1 Lithuania
1 Monaco
1 Togo
1 Armenia
1 Ukraine
1 Vatican City
1 Liechtenstein
1 Andorra
1 Gibraltar
1 Nigeria
1 Moldova
1 Colombia
1 Bhutan
1 Nepal
1 Jordan
1 Paraguay
1 Serbia
1 Sri Lanka

83 confirmed King County, WA 

83 confirmed Westchester County, NY 

45 confirmed Unassigned Location (From Diamond Princess) 

38 confirmed Santa Clara County, CA

31 confirmed Snohomish County, WA

21 confirmed Grand Princess Cruise Ship 

14 confirmed Los Angeles, CA

12 confirmed Contra Costa County, CA 

12 confirmed New York County, NY 

9 confirmed San Francisco County, CA 

8 confirmed Suffolk County, MA 

8 confirmed Washington County, OR 

7 confirmed Cook County, IL 

7 confirmed Middlesex County, MA 

6 confirmed Fort Bend County, TX 

6 confirmed Norfolk County, MA 

5 confirmed Harris County, TX 

5 confirmed Nassau County, NY 

5 confirmed Placer County, CA 

5 confirmed Unassigned Location, WA 

4 confirmed Bergen County, NJ 

4 confirmed Grafton County, NH 

4 confirmed Montgomery County, MD 

4 confirmed Montgomery County, PA 

4 confirmed Pierce County, WA 

3 confirmed Douglas County, CO 

3 confirmed Fulton County, GA 

3 confirmed Maricopa County, AZ 

3 confirmed Orange County, CA 

3 confirmed Providence County, RI 

3 confirmed San Diego County, CA 

2 confirmed Alameda County, CA 

2 confirmed Broward County, FL 

2 confirmed Clark County, NV 

2 confirmed Denver County, CO 

2 confirmed Fairfax County, VA

2 confirmed Hillsborough, FL

2 confirmed Jackson County, OR  

2 confirmed Lee County, FL 

2 confirmed Pinal County, AZ 

2 confirmed Rockingham County, NH 

2 confirmed Rockland County, NY 

2 confirmed Sacramento County, CA 

2 confirmed San Benito, CA 

2 confirmed San Mateo, CA 

2 confirmed Saratoga County, NY 

2 confirmed Summit County, CO 

2 confirmed Washington, D.C. 

2 confirmed Washoe County, NV 

1 confirmed Berkshire County, MA 

1 confirmed Charleston County, SC 

1 confirmed Chatham County, NC 

1 confirmed Clark County, WA US

1 confirmed Cobb County, GA (another Atlanta county)

1 confirmed Davidson County, TN 

1 confirmed Davis County, UT 

1 confirmed Delaware County, PA 

1 confirmed Douglas County, NE 

1 confirmed Douglas County, OR 

1 confirmed El Paso County, CO 

1 confirmed Fairfield County, CT 

1 confirmed Fayette County, KY 

1 confirmed Fresno County, CA 

1 confirmed Grant County, WA 

1 confirmed Harford County, MD 

1 confirmed Hendricks County, IN 

1 confirmed Honolulu County, HI 

1 confirmed Hudson County, NJ 

1 confirmed Humboldt County, CA 

1 confirmed Jefferson County, WA 

1 confirme Johnson County, KS 

1 confirmed Kershaw County, SC 

1 confirmed Kittitas County, WA 

1 confirmed Klamath County, OR 

1 confirmed Madera County,  CA

1 confirmed Madison, WI 

1 confirmed Manatee County, 

1 confirmed Marion County, IN

1 confirmed Marion County, OR

1 confirmed Okaloosa County, FL  (next to Santa Rosa, large military presence)

1 confirmed Plymouth County, MA 

1 confirmed Polk County, GA 

1 confirmed Ramsey County, MN 

1 confirmed Riverside County, CA 

1 confirmed San Antonio, TX 

1 confirmed Santa Rosa County, FL (deceased)

1 confirmed Sarasota, FL 

1 confirmed Shelby County, TN 

1 confirmed Sonoma County, CA 

1 confirmed Spokane County, WA 

1 confirmed St. Louis County, MO 

1 confirmed Suffolk County, NY 

1 confirmed Tulsa County, OK 

1 confirmed Ulster County, NY 

1 confirmed Umatilla, OR 

1 confirmed Unassigned Location, VT 

1 confirmed Unknown Location, MA 

1 confirmed Volusia County, FL 

1 confirmed Wake County, NC 

1 confirmed Wayne County, PA 

1 confirmed Williamson County, TN 

1 confirmed Yolo County, CA 

March 8 6 p.m. Eastern update

By Saturday night, the Florida Department of Health had identified 10 patients with COVID-19 and two deaths attributed to the disease.

• Thanks 2

Ted Cruz announced on FB that he had been notified that he's been exposed at the AIPAC convention and was self isolating in his home until the full 14 days was up.  Said doc's etc. had told him he was okay since it's been over a week, but as a precaution he's doing 14 days.  Just a casual handshake with a person close enough to also breath on you...:pray:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah....read this too, WE2.  I hope govt makes a way for members to attend and vote remotely from quarantine.  

CO is accurate SO FAR on that listing, Ambergris.  Likely go up tomorrow [um, today...I'm up ridiculously late again]  :sigh:  DH and I talk frequently....what are our parameters?  He's going to work M/T this week.  He'll put work clothes in a bag at the door when he gets home.  Go to shower.  Leave shoes outside.  Laundry after his 2nd day.  He hand-washes so many times, other workers think he's weird.  BUT he's been doing that for over 6 months so it's not even due to this crisis.  They know he was a chiro doc.  NOW some are starting to copy him.  He's told some:  you should really have a couple weeks supply...in case of quarantine.  Not saying more than that so we don't get visitors for hand-outs.  By next week M/T......we'll decide then.  We're ready whenever.  We may have to shuttle some things to my folks...if they run short.  They will run short WAAAAY before we will.  

MtRider  .....anyone else hearing the theme song to Jaws?  :shrug: 

• Like 2

We are taking precautions when out in public. Still hugged our friends yesterday in church. It will be a LONG time before we give up koinonia.  :hug3:

Excellent YouTube video on how China comes up with all these animal to human viruses. It's worth the watch.  We always shopped at "wet" markets in SE Asia and Africa. They cut up the live gator or monkey right in front of you and give you a slice of meat.  :0327: The Chinese wet markets are the worst. When you see the economic downturns and starvation when the markets are closed, it's no wonder they do whatever they can to have a meal. Scary stuff that will continue to come our way in the years to come.

• Thanks 3

Yep,  That is communism for you. They can't feed all their people so this is the result.  Bernie anyone?  Communism coming to the good old USA depending on our next president.  Very Scary thought indeed.