MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whatcha doing today?

Should be walking--rain.
Will label and put away the last few day's canning.
Make a "thank you' cake for mechanic.
Pick okra, figs and fertilize.
DH has video appointment with doc this afternoon.
Not much else.

• Like 2

Kinda flattened again today.  I'm ok if I'm laying down.  :pc_coffee:   :reading:  :bev:  etc.  Folded and put away the load of laundry.  FINALLY found the keys to the lock box.  HINT:  don't ask me to remember back 6 wks so early in the morning!  Sheeeesh!  I couldn't remember where we usually put it, let alone where I moved it when it couldn't be in the usual place.  

NOTHING is in it's usual place in our tiny house right now.  :runcirclsmiley2:

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Sad 2

Good Evening,

Yes, I was able to mow the yard…filled my mulch bin with the clippings… so….

I didn’t do much today,  diatomaceous the ant mounds in the yard, Amdro’d the pavement ant hill, by the sidewalk, dumped 10 gallons of water collected from the AC defrosting, fed the birds, cooked dinner, took a couple pics of some mushrooms sprouted by the vacant chicken coop… wanna see?

377BE507-80C7-427A-96E4-C9CD719EA504.jpeg

Not edible…sadly, I was hoping.  

Trimmed the peppermint and celery, growing in the kitchen window, because DH didn’t water them when I went to TX…. Poor plants were terribly withered.  Thankfully, water & trimming, has made them respond.  I will put the trimmings in the sun tomorrow, to dry, then add them to my spice jars.  

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Jeepers said:

They fold nearly flat for storage. I wanted them for the garage. Well, OTP had them for $6.00 cheaper than Amazon. BUT they are robin egg blue, I wanted white to match my chairs. I got them hoping I can paint them. I think there is paint you can get for plastic. I hope so because they are pretty ugly.

They have a rustoleum (sp) paint for plastic that should work well on those chairs Jeepers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my lab results today. I am NOT diabetic! Not even pre-diabetic! I was pre-diabetic a few months ago. Praise God!

My tooth is bothering me tonight. I don't see the oral surgeon for 2 1/2 weeks yet and that is just the consult visit. Can't wait to get it pulled. At least I have a refill on the antibiotic I had taken before if it gets worse. For now, just Advil.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Walked first.
Walked dogs.
Sliced and put sweet potato treats in oven (for dogs).
Grated up some cheese as I'm too cheap to buy pre- shredded.
Still need to put last week's canning away.
Take ebay photos.
Bible study tonight.

• Like 2

National weather says central Mississippi is getting heavy rain.  That affect you, Miki? 

I've been awake for an hour but ....  :wacko:  ....not processing data well yet.  I could go back to sleep.  DH made banana pancakes tho.  :yum3:

MtRider   :imoksmiley:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

National weather says central Mississippi is getting heavy rain.  That affect you, Miki? 

I've been awake for an hour but ....  :wacko:  ....not processing data well yet.  I could go back to sleep.  DH made banana pancakes tho.  :yum3:

MtRider   :imoksmiley:

Not too much. We've been  getting heavy rains  for a few weeks. I am glad it's not tropical  storm  type  rains!

• Like 2

I noticed the moose head on the wall in one of the pictures.   :24:

Not sure about the zinc. Could be. Nothing would surprise me. I just started taking oregano caps two days ago. Too early to tell anything yet.  :shrug: 

• Like 2

I do zinc, vit D, C daily.  Especially after traveling.  Oregano, seems to put me back to normal rather quickly.  

Fed the birds, cleaned up piles of puppy fuzz in the house, watered the garden, washed out the bird water dishes…mosquitos….are nasty this year.  Went & got his meds….& picked up a few items from WM, next door to the pharmacy. (Need to figure out how to remind him to take his meds.) Dinner was chicken mole’ with a pot of Mexican beans, so I can make moms bean juice and extra refried beans for us.  Used a jar of home canned chicken stock to cook the chicken, then reduced it enough to make a nice mole’ sauce.  He loved it.  Dogs loved the skins, without the chocolate sauce.  Lol.  

• Like 2

Hello all! Been busy visiting a friend in Chicago for the last few days. It was nice to see her she lives in Egypt so I only see her every few years when we are close enough to make a connection. Her daughter lives in Iowa so we met on her way to go see her. It was a nice way to end summer before I kickoff homeschooling grade 5 :) I need to get outside and harvest tomatoes today I could see last night when I came home that I have a bunch of ripe ones :wub:

• Like 1

Yesterday was Church and then home to walk dogs.
Set up my vitamins for the month.
Picked okra and figs.
Grilled up some pork steaks for breakfasts.
Watched a movie with DH.

Today, walked first.
Started laundry.
Pruned around property for mowing fellow.
Have okra in the dehydrator.
Still need to peel garlic cloves to add to honey in fridge.

Finish laundry.

• Like 1

Hmph.....not sure the round of steroids for MS was worth much.  OR if anything will be able to short-cut a long recovery after months of running past my allotted adrenaline.  :sigh:   This too shall pass EVENTUALLY.   Getting a lot of reading done.  Sat in sun for Vit D for 10 min but clouds rolled in.  I have to time this better. 

MtRider  :shrug: 

• Sad 3

Walked first.
Went to shell station for gas. Sigh.
Picked up my friend and went to local grocery for sale.
Hit one thrift shop and Dollar General on the way home.
Walked dogs.
Picked okra and figs.
Still have to get dehydrated okra out of dehydrator.
Rest!

• Like 1

Mt Rider sorry to hear the steroids didn't do much but maybe it would have been worse without them? :shrug:

Miki you had a productive day!

Long day today got up at 3:30 to take one of my adult kids to the airport. Have a board meeting tonight so won't finish work until 10 pm. Taking a break now to make dinner and stretch. Going to bed right after I finish tonight!

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Becca_Anne said:

but maybe it would have been worse without them?

Yeah, probably ...but I can't keep taking them until this is done.  Dunno.  I have doc appt mid Sept with labs beforehand.....so she and we will talk again soon. 

Found something to keep me busy but sitting/laying.  I did finally find my finished "Short Straw"  [or Short Straw Wins]  and I'm doing another edit.  Eventually there will be at least a bit of additional storyline at the end that I tried to add long ago but couldn't make it work.  :scratchhead:  AND maybe I'll continue "playing" in my fictional Blue Spruce plateau.  Anyway, I enjoy editing.  I did a read thru...and bugged me that I couldn't edit from that format.  I can in this one. 

Mebbe it will keep me outta trouble and within my energy restrictions right now?  :whistling:  

MtRider   .....need to :offtobed:  

• Like 4

I walked first this morning.
Picked up friend and went to thrift shop and then Walmart.
Came home and put stuff away.
I might pressure can some frozen (thawed) meatballs in pasta sauce this afternoon.
Maybe take eBay photos.

• Like 3

Walked first.
Picked figs, okra and peppers-- light harvest today.
Walked dogs.
Collapsed in front of lap top! It's hot and humid still.
Set up Humana account.
Still have to take ebay photos.
Read and go to Bible Study tonight.

Pressure canned the frozen meatballs in pasta sauce (doctored up) yesterday. That turned out very good. Found some cooked frozen spaghetti squash in the freezer--dinner.

• Like 4

Gas company is replacing our city lines….

My yard and alley are a flooding river!  They hit the main line,at the edge of our yard…1’ of water still flowing….  I’ve been out with a shovel digging a trench into the alley & making sure it doesn’t clog with debris… yard, driveway, shed…all flooded!  

So, I took a bucket & watered my raised gardens too.  :happy0203:

D565B7FF-3D77-4642-9A94-6FD94E486AE6.jpeg

153C964A-2895-41C0-9F9D-E7940E509C53.jpeg

Hope my washer & dryer are ok…

07330E2D-4005-426A-9394-13C499CA5C66.jpeg

Now, the dogs are playing in the water.  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 8