MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Walked first, this morning.
Had termite guy back to treat again and more.
Walked dogs.
Packaged rosemary that I dried yesterday.
Getting ready to cook dinner- Chicken Divan.
Bible study tonight.

12 hours ago, Becca_Anne said:

hope the surgery goes well with whatever they can use to numb him up.

I think he will be so numbed that he won't be able to eat or drink until the next day.  He needs to load up before surgery.  It's at 3 pm.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm taking a mental health break today. Son mentioned something about coming over either this weekend or next to help load up some furniture. I should be at the house moving stuff around but I'm not. I'm cross stitching and watching old movies. And I don't feel guilty about it either. I will go do stuff tomorrow.  :pout:

• Like 6

Miki, hope all goes well with your husband's surgery.

Jeepers that is great that your son is coming to help move furniture. 

I think I have been taking a mental break all week.  The rain has stopped me from doing anything outside, and I did something I should not have done.  Doctor put me on Trulicity for my diabetes I told him 4 months ago I could not take it and that was why my thyroid was way off the charts. All he did was to keep me on it and upped my synthroid. Well I stopped taking it for about 2 months and it took me a month to get my energy back and other health issues as well. So Monday I decided to try it one more time to see for sure if it was the Trulicity that was causing the issues. Yep, it was. Starting Tuesday my energy was way down, felt like I was going to be sick and stomach pains as well. All I want to do is sleep. That is not like me. So I will stop taking it now for sure. I do know for sure that Trulicity does affect the Thyroid and interferes with the synthroid medication. Time for some change.  I have been forcing myself to get a few things done in the house. Can't work in garage because I need to pull some tables I have for GS and things out of garage onto the driveway to get to other things to go through. Rain stopped all of that. So just working on house. Dusting fans, and washing blinds and such. Need to go to neighbor's house to use her washing machine as mine is to small and has an agitator and need to wash the mattress cover from GS's bed. It won't fit in mine. I do see a new washing machine in the near future. 

• Like 6

Just talked to son and they are coming over this weekend. He knows I'm not all packed up but he is going to take most of the furniture I want to keep. And the riding mower. That will be a big help. Looks like I might get off cheap in the moving department after all. I will still rent a U-Haul a couple of times but if he takes the heavy stuff then I should be able to load a trailer a little at a time. Or he said he can always come back over with his truck. 

I was very concerned about G-son being in the house. Other than being dirty, it isn't safe. No walls, exposed electric sockets, floor falling in in two places, nails and staples sticking up in the floor, no toilet, no running water, no refrigeration, filthy...you get the picture.

So I booked them in the hotel I'm staying at. That will be good. DIL can entertain him away from the house or crash in the room if they want, while son and I work. What really sealed the deal is there is a heated indoor pool here. I know where they will be. There is also a pretty cool exercise room too. So it is going to work out pretty good. Son has an E Z Pass for the toll road too. 

I will probably be pretty scarce for the next couple of days. 

• Like 8

:pray:    for Jeepers and family on this big moving project

:pray:  for MrMiki's upcoming ordeal

:pray:  for the baby watch over in Washington (right?) 

:pray:  LittleSister ....to find a better doc and get her meds straightened out.  And for GS to find a way to get off the drugs/vaping.  Esp drugs.

Rode today to leave the weekend clear.  Need to sort and pack for the 2 nights we'll be "in town".  Poor doggie dear will be boarded for 4 days.  She'll be wild when we go fetch her early Monday morning.  :twister3:   

I missed one of my red pills today.  Can't take them too late or can't sleep and the time got away from me.  I felt really worn out after the ride this morning early.  Going to ask doc what the 'red pills' actually do??

Blessing of regular rain still in the weekly forecast.  :shrug:  Waaaay better than wildfire!

MtRider   :offtobed:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Jeepers glad your son can come and help and good idea to have them stay at the hotel. I hope you get a lot done!

We did laundry today and I had my husband take my son to the family fun center to climb on the indoor playground and play video games and get some activity while I worked. He got all his schoolwork done before they did that so I figured it was good for them to get out of the hotel for a bit. Then we went to see my daughter and took Mexican food over for dinner. She has a Dr apt tomorrow so hopefully we will see some progress. She said they don't let them go much past 41  weeks so likely would be induced by June 6th so we will see. I am hoping baby comes over the weekend so I can help and not have to scramble to reschedule work stuff (which I of course can do but easier if not needed)

• Like 8

Mt Rider I took so long to write my post you posted while I was typing :hi:Hope your pup handles the boarding ok. And your hubby's surgery goes well. We are in Oregon but will be also going up to WA to visit DH's family afterwards on the way home.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mt. Rider, hoping all goes well for your DH with the surgery.  Prayers for him to have a fast recovery.

For Miki's DH with his eye surgery that all goes well for him. 

Becca Anne hopefully the baby will come this weekend so you won't have to change things around for your work. But on the other hand I am sure that June 6th would make Jeepers very happy. :bighug2:

My grandbaby is due sometime mid October and and hoping that she will be born Oct. 26th as that was my DH's birthday. Can't think of a better way to celebrate his birthday than to have his first grandchild born on that day. Though he is not with us any longer  it would still be a great way to remember him. 

Was hoping it would be dry enough this morning to weed garden.  Everything is looking really good and things starting to bloom. Saw the fox the other night but not sure if it got any rabbits. That seems to be why it is hanging around in the late evenings. I have a new bunny now. So the mom had a 3ed litter but looks like only one baby so far. It is a tiny one.  Haven't seen the rabbits in a couple of days now but that happens sometimes. They will venture into neighbors yards for awhile eating the grass. As long as they stay out of my garden they can go anywhere else they want. Just stay in the neighbor's yards. I am going to put some fencing around all 4 sides of the sheds to keep the rabbits from nesting under there. But need to wait till fall to do it as the rabbits won't be under there at that time. Hoping to stop them from nesting there. 

Washed clothes this morning and did some dusting. So far that is about all I have done. Just looking around at other things I need to do and working on a plan. 

• Like 8

I bought a new laser printer (good for text printing) on Thursday, and today I put it to work.  I printed out a pile of lines, notes, and ideas for poems, along with some unfinished drafts and a bare handful of finished or sort of finished poems.  Right now I have 22 sort of finished poems and a couple of notes for the next two I can start on.

In short, this was a productive day.

I kind of worry more about an overdue baby than one that's a week or so under the magic 40  weeks.  Not that 41 weeks is really any different than 40.  

• Like 7

Thanks for the prayers everyone! Daughter had her Dr Apt today and baby looked good on the monitor and some changes from the last visit so her Dr is happy but did schedule her for induction on Monday so won't be much longer either way. My husband's dad's birthday is on Sunday so unless baby comes before midnight he'll hold to the tradition of being on or next to another family birthday. I only have one kid that didn't do that LOL. I figure baby wanted a June birthday as the last week of May was so crowded. 

Littlesister glad you have a plan for the rabbits won't be much left of your garden otherwise! I am going to have to fence in mine too but that will have to be next year. 

Ambergris glad  you got your printer working!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Whole weekend with nothing on the schedule.  DH needs to rest...for the upcoming events.  Well, it's going to be stretching even my newly recovered energy too...despite the red pills.  :pray: 

Walked dog and got further down the road this evening.  Still doing my PT exercises before bed.  Trying to remember to breathe deeply for O2 to my brain...  :scratchhead:  

MtRider  ...and to get to bed earlier....  :offtobed:  

• Like 7

Mt. Rider, you will get there one step at a time. Sounds like you are doing better.  Praying for your DH to come through surgery with flying colors and a fast recovery. 

Becca Anne, Sounds like all is going well with the baby.  It won't be much longer now. Praying it will be an easy delivery. 

Jeepers, hope you are able to get a lot done this weekend. With your son there to help you it will go a lot easier. 

Miki, praying all goes well with your DH's eye surgery. 

Ambergris, sounds like with the new laser. Sounds like you are going to be having some fun with craft and such. 

Was outside most of morning weeding the gardens. GS will be here around 3pm to wash his clothes. So need to figure out dinner soon. So he will at least get to eat a good meal before heading back to hotel. Wish he could get an apartment sooner than mid August.   Just taking a break right now. I am weeding out 4 garden areas today.  Garage can wait for a bit. I will get back to that next week. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Weekend plans changed a little bit. Son was supposed to come Saturday morning but instead took off work a little early on Friday and headed over Friday night. Luckily they had a room for Friday too. If not they could have crashed in my room. They could have had the bed and I could have had the couch. Anyway, we got a fairly early start on the house on Saturday morning. DIL took G-son to the mall while we worked. There is an arcade and a bouncy house in there. DIL found some shoes that she has been looking for years. So they were both happy. By around noon son and I had the truck and trailer all loaded up. We came back to the hotel and went to the gym they have here. G-son loved the treadmill. I came back to the room to relax and they went to the pool. G-son waited for that moment for two days. Even though I have a fridge full, we will go out to eat tonight. Probably a burger joint or Chinese. Kinda splurging to show my appreciation. But worth it. 

I'm pooped even though I didn't do a lot of the lifting. And it was hot especially in that trailer. It didn't look like we got a lot packed up but it was things that I wouldn't be able to do by myself. We got pie safe the bookcase safely lying down in the back of the covered truck. In the trailer we got all of the books that were in the bookcase, 2 boxes of pots and pans, 2 boxes of stuff, another open bookshelf type of thing, 2 end tables, 1 big tote of memories for D-ex, 1 big tote of memories for son, a big quilt rack, a big oak trunk, the TV stand and all of my buckets of dried food. And the  piece of resistance was the riding mower!  It was slow to start and had a flat tire but son got both of those fixed and drove it right in the trailer. Now he can ride one mower and DIL another and get my yard mowed in no time at all. Actually there will be 3 mowers out there and he said DIL's dad would love to go out there and mow too. What ever floats his boat is fine with me. They were only here a day and a half but I'm sure gonna miss them. They are anxious to come back in a few weeks to start loading boxes. With that tractor in there, it was starting to add a lot of weight to the trailer. Next time will be more stuff but a lighter load. I am sooo glad to get that furniture on the way over there. No way could I have loaded it into a U-Haul by myself.

Then, the insurance guy called while we were moving. Oh happy days! This week they are sending me a check for $50,000 dollars. It should arrive in 7-10 days. Heard that all before so we'll see. Then another $20,000 mid way reconstruction and another $20,000 later. He broke it all down for me but I was too excited to remember. He will email me details later. And they are also paying ServePro the demo company directly. I asked him the bottom line and he said $107,000 give or take. I called the reconstruction guy right away. I left a message to see if he could start with a plumber first. Like a moron I have scheduled landscaping and power washing/painting the outside of the house and...I have no water for either one. :misc-smiley-231:  I'm hoping I can get the junk guys in soon. Anything they can take out of there will be one less hold up for the reconstruction crew. I need to get in there to work hard separating the junk from the good stuff so I don't have to have them keep coming back.

Pretty exciting day on the old home front.

• Like 8

Sooo, I was cleaning house…. The bathroom light fixture is, …60+(years old)…. One screw hasn’t moved since the early 1970,when my grandmother asked me to replace the bulb….never has since either….  It did today and the cover fell…. In slow motion…..I tried to catch it but…you know…crash, shards of glass everywhere in the bathroom!…..

Got a replacement, but the whole fixture, not just the glass.  Will replace the old with the new…later…not in the mood today… lots of re-wiring to do, if’n I want to do it right…..at least the new bulb cover fits….  :rolleyes:  He says it is dimmer….. :sigh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Exercise day.  Made coffee, did a minimal online Spanish lesson, began packing bag for trip to Vilcabamba today, realized I hadn't seen my little wallet with my cards since the Amazon trip, and went searching for it.  Long/short, did not find it.  Housekeeper who was giving me a ride to Vilca arrived and helped look--nothing. 

Got to Vilca a little late but things slowed down there and used cash for my breakfast, for a new purse, and for more printer paper.  PM and I split up, with her spending the bulk of the day keeping company with a gentleman who just lost his wife and is planning her service while I shopped and then went to her house to crash until my exercise class (also at her house). 

Figured out half an hour before class that I had left my exercise class bag at the house, so I texted the instructor in time for her to bring hers. 

After class visited more with PM, who is not doing well, came home, had supper, and found my wallet the second place I looked.

My old cat needed two tries to jump up onto the couch next to me.  This bore home that he might be quite old.  I don't know how old he was when I got him, but he's been with me 13 years now.

• Like 6

Ignore "quote" box.  I've got fumble fingers and have no idea where that came from.  :buttercup:  

Slow day today.  Was meant to be.  Rained quite a bit but not a gusher.  Our pond has overflowed on the east side.  Ducks/geese are just fine.  AND we have a water critter this year.  Saw it last nite while talking to my mom.  Tonite dog and I did a long circuit of walking:  Up the HILL next to parking area.  Down steep side to driveway.  Wow...that heavy snow ripped a lot of big tree branches down last month.  I pulled one off the fence between us and neighbors.  Then dog and I went down the road a bit.  Not far tho and turned to come back.  Passing by the pond, we heard a *SLAP* and great rings spread out from the center of the pond to the outer edges.  Yep, beaver.  Haven't had one in a long time.  Hmph....just don't block up the under-driveway culvert!  S/He comes out to play after we put our birds in.  Would be so cute to have babies.

So mom has been to hospital overnight and was back home the next day...yesterday.  It always disorients her and wears her out.  The really high blood pressure helped that too.  Tonite she was a bit disoriented cuz she'd just gone to lay down again.  Told her what day, time, etc and as we talked, she was clear.  Even gave her idea for what she'd make herself for supper:  sliced tomatoes and cukes.  With a Miracle Whip dressing.  I decided to make a small serving of that too.  Iowa Farm Food.  She was disappointed to wake up in horribly fatigued state this morning.  She and Niece were scheduled to go to some art show and the day was nice.  But no one thot it would happen after even just the one night hospital stay -- changed her BP med.  BP was ok today.  :amen: 

Sounds like a VERY productive day, Jeepers!  :balloons:   And time with family!  :cheer:   You're gonna get this move done yet, gal!!!  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

Annarchy such a sad day when things like that break hope your new fixture works out well.

Littlesister good luck with your weeding! I hope your garden thrives. Mine is just going to have to fend for itself while I'm away at least it's mulched and getting watered.

Ambergris so glad you found your wallet!

MtRider sorry your mom had a hospital visit. Hope the new BP med continues to work well for her. A beaver would be entertaining as long as it builds away from anything that you want flowing like you say hope it stays away from your driveway culvert!

Jeepers so glad your son was able to come help. Sounds like you got a lot done! And YAY on the insurance company coming through I hope the work can all get done quickly for you so you can get it all taken care of and finish your move.

We have an induction date of Monday evening, so an end in sight and we had a lovely afternoon visiting with Daughter. Took them out for Thai food and then for a walk in the park. I am hoping the spicy food does the trick :) Then brought DS back to the hotel and he swam in the pool while I rested it was a great day

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about your mom's hospital visit, @Mt_Rider.  I'm glad she is back home and doing well!

Hang in there, @Becca_Anne.  Hoping Monday goes easily!

You have so much going on @Ambergris, I never know what to say!  What a life you are living!

I've already set up my vitamins for the next month.
Church next.
Walk dogs.
Add some top soil to potatoes and other plants that need it.
Make a new dill pickle recipe.
Start the salt rising bread starter with heating pad and see if it helps. Up date tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Family left for Indiana. I had a great time with them. It really lifted my spirits. I finally went in the pool. I don't have a suit so I just went in in my shorts and tee shirt. Figured I got my bath and did my laundry in one dunk. LOL.  Note to self...get a proper suit and it sort of confirmed that I need a pool at the new house. For a good source of water storage of course. :grinning-smiley-044:   G-son is a water baby.

Oh, and some water wings. For me. I discovered just how poorly I swim and how tired I get. Wonder if they make them in XL. :D Pool is only between 3-5 feet deep but still... One good thing was a guy came and did a water test while we were in it. That was sort of comforting to know they keep on top of it. At least while we were there.

It sure is lonesome around here now. I miss them already. 

Tomorrow I'll go back to the house and try to do some more packing. I'm glad the lawnmower is out of there and I can pull the car in. I will also have more room to store stuff for the next trip. That will make it easier to load. Even if I can just get all of my canning jars out there and out of the house. I have about a pallet full sitting in the dinning room. I sort of panic bought when they were in short supply. But I will use them.  

And son didn't roll his eyes at anything nor question my reasons for keeping anything. That was a help. One time after about the 20th. bucket of dried food, I heard the word Armageddon and I said something about someday he might be glad to have it, but that was the end of that. Maybe his dad warned him. He said something about coming back by August. Maybe I can rent a U-Haul myself between now and then. I will have an easier time loading it without the worry of furniture. 

Back to my cross stitching I guess...sigh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Jeepers, glad you had an enjoyable weekend with your family and got so much done. Now with the furniture out of the way it gives you more room to do the other things you need to get done.  Seems things are starting to look up now that the insurance co. is also sending you the money to get things started on putting house back together. 

Mt. Rider, sorry to hear about your mom's hospital visit but at least she is now doing much better and is home. Prayers still going out for your DH's surgery tomorrow. 

I got most of the weeding done and my neighbor came in yesterday with a new plant I had not heard of. She went to the Farmer's market in Smithfield and bought me back a new plant. I am sure some of you may have heard of it but new to me. It's called a Tromboncino squash. The squash can get up to 5 ft. long. They do well just sitting on a counter for days or for freezing as well. There were 2 plants in the pot. So I now have 2 plants in the ground with the trellis for them to grow on. This will be interesting to watch. They are in the butternut category. They will be ready to pick in October.  Though I have all my summer squash and lots of it as I have used up all the squash I had. I will have a lot of summer squash and now the winter squash if this takes off.  

Been working on the garage sorting through things to get rid off. I have a car load now to take to the Good Will. Hoping to get things much better organized out there. I have my bottled water supply now up off the floor and on the bottom rack of one of the shelves. So that is now all together. That is mostly for hurricane season. I buy early before the season starts so I don't have to fight the crowds when the time comes. I stay out of the stores during that time. To much panic buying and the emptying of the shelves when people wait till the last minute. 

GS came to house about 6pm to wash his clothes. I think he realized living in a hotel for 3 months was going to break the bank. So he moved in with a friend from his old job and crashing on his couch. He is going to help with utilities, and the friend is not charging rent. He said he is also going to help  him to clean up the house that it is in bad shape. It is his friend's mother's house and nothing works. So no working fridge, nor working shower or tub and a lot of other things that need doing. GS said the house is a gut job that needs major work. The parents bought another house several years ago and let their son stay there. He goes to his parents house to shower and wash clothes. GS comes here to wash clothes but is going to start going to the gym to shower.  He did take shower at my house last night. He has a long way to go in growing up but seems to be working on it. He is discovering that money doesn't grow on trees and he can't buy all these games and stuff he wants. One thing at a time and you need to save for it. Not use the money for bills to buy things. So hopefully being on his own will help him understand the way things work. He is also thinking about prepping now. Seems another friend from another state and him have been talking. I fixed him up a first aid kit which was the basic things and all he needs to do is add what he needs to that. He can't do a lot till he is in his own apartment but at least he is thinking about it. It will be interesting to see how far along he has come in the growing up area in about 2 years. Hopefully for the good. Just needs to get off that weed. Though he didn't even smoke cigarettes or vape while he was here. He didn't leave till around 9:30 last night. And it seems he has a new girl friend which seems to be an on line thing. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Prayers still going out for your DH's surgery tomorrow. 

:sSig_thankyou:   tho....Friday is surgery but so many Pre-op appointments this week.  Gonna be a LOOONG week. 

:lol:   Armagedon?  Well, heck YEAH!   My brother would say such things!  But if that's all you heard, Jeepers, he restraint was excellent!  :grinning-smiley-044:

I'm trying to get up the motivation to walk the dog.  Have to change into jeans and outdoor shoes and.....  :0327:

MtRider ......I'm going...I'm going...... 

• Like 4

Praying that this coming week goes very fast for the Mt.Riders! 

Son did use great restraint. I'll bet his tongue was sore from biting it though. They got home safe and sound and emptied the truck of my pie safe and bookcase. Even took a picture of them sitting in my garage. The rest of my 'treasures' will be easy now because I don't really care about the rest as much. I care but the bookcase was so pretty and I bought it on sale because the place where I got in Berlin, Ohio, was going out of business so replacing it would be hard. 

Poor DIL. Her dad was at their house feeding the dogs. One of the dogs either scratched him or nipped his toe while going for his sock. He is a diabetic and bleeds very easily. Son said the house looked like a murder scene when they walked in. Blood everywhere. He went on home and DIL called him and asked him if he needed anything. Long story short, DIL took him to the ER. He will be fine. Not much they could do after the fact. So her good time and relaxing evening didn't last long. He is about 75 yrs. and lonely. Son couldn't say a word after they just spent the weekend all the way over here helping his mom. Circle of life I guess. Or something like that. 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, I was thinking for some reason your DH's surgery was Monday. But with all the pre op it will keep both of you busy.  Hope the week goes fast for the both of you. 

Jeepers, I decided after I finish cleaning out garage I am going to hire a couple of guys to move that bedroom suit to the garage. At least it will be out of the way till GS moves to his Apartment. 

Having trouble sleeping tonight.  I hate when that happens. I have a lot to get done and will be tired. But I need to get things back in order on this house.  Stomach has been a bit upset tonight.  Not feeling sick or anything just stomach wanting to act up a bit. Think it was something I ate. Should have left those waffles alone. GS still had a couple in freezer and I just finished them off for dinner. Won't do that again.  Been working on garage a bit and need to head to the Good Will to empty the car. I am filling it up fast as I go through things. Still more to get rid of. But well worth it to move it out of my way. 

• Like 4

Jeepers glad your son got back safe and so sorry your DIL's dad got injured but hopefully it heals ok. You are probably going to get your wish for my DD's baby to be born on your birthday since the induction time they set was 9pm tomorrow. I am going to bed early because I will probably be up all night tomorrow!! I promise to post as soon as I get back to the hotel to let you all know how it went. I don't have Mrs S login on my phone.

Littlesister glad your GS has somewhere to stay and maybe he'll be able to help his friend this way and perhaps give him more appreciation for having a place of his own when he gets there.

• Like 6