MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Mt. Rider, if they are coming mainland would you be able to meet up with them? That would sure be exciting! A little fun time with Grandma and Grandpa. Wouldn't it be nice if s/he chose a school close to you! Looks like your DD is going to become an empty nester soon, huh. 

BTW, you did great on your walk!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On DH's laptop which is hooked up to printer and will hopefully work with ebay until my new battery arrives.  If that is the problem.  Sigh

I will be praying for you @Mt_Rider for your DH's upcoming surgery!  I'm glad that you are in recovery mode with MS at this time!  Praying for you, also @Jeepers.  To get more packing done than you imagine and that it goes smoothly!  @Becca_Anne, I'm so glad that you are a new Grandma!  I hope that you have fun when you sight see!

@Littlesister, I'm glad that you have your house back and it is coming around!  I'm also, happy that your GS appears to be getting on the ball!

I've walked every day, including today.  Boy, is it getting warm.  Usually 80 and very humid before I get started, but I'm stubborn.

Today is easy.  Laundry.

Set up printer.

Misc. business calls.

Clean bathrooms and dust house.

Maybe go out in garden, but that may wait until Wednesday.

We have had a little weather here.  Not bad, but power out twice for 2 and 3 hours.

I hope you all have a great day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mt. Rider, both of you are in prayer for your DH's upcoming surgery. May all go well. And glad your MS is getting under control

Jeepers, It might be a good thing that your son and family are coming back this soon. Sounds like they want to get as much stuff out of there and to the new house as soon as possible. You never know how much the gas will go up. It's going up here again now. You did great on your walk. Hope it goes better each time you take pup for a walk. 

Didn't get as much done as I hoped. Didn't really feel well this morning for some reason but better now. Sprayed the yard for chinch bugs. The type of grass we have is a lot of work. But was what DH wanted. It is St. Augustine grass.  Then checked the garden. Need to water this evening or tomorrow morning if we don't get rain. I think we are getting rain later this week but garden needs it now.  Will be working in house all day tomorrow after watering the garden if I don't do it tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yikes,..just logged in…gotta do an update.  🙄

Been busy preparing to go to TX on Wednesday.  Seems like everything has jumped my priority list…. 

I have had a few minutes to read, but never enough time to reply.  You all are really doing well and dealing with the day to day emergencies rather efficiently.  I’m looking forward to seeing how everything works out. 

Tomorrow I pack, & Wednesday I go back to TX. MIL has called, several times asking for me to bring this and that..so, it seems I will be busy there taking care of her “ToDo” list.  :sigh:  Including fixing the sprinkler system…. I’ve got some supplies, don’t know exactly what else I will need, until I get there.  :imoksmiley:

• Like 4

Sorry, I ran the upgrade….. 

The system is re-indexing the data base, it’ll take a few hours, especially if you try to search for something, so if’n you discover an error, PM me, but understand, the systems upgrade might take a bit to refresh….I’ve seen it take 24-72 hours to do its thing.  :sigh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Goodness Annarchy, it seems like you just got back from Texas. Time sure is flying by. 

I'll probably end up at Wal-Mart tomorrow. I'm running low on food again. I'd like to find a tank top to wear in the pool. I don't have a real suit and I don't want to buy one just for a couple of days. My tee shirt really stuck to me.  :rolleyes:

Then a trip to the bank and to the doctor to see what's going on. Then to the house to do more work.

I might go over to the clinic over here. I'm getting another kidney infection, Of course I am. I figure if I go there I'll see a doctor, leave a sample and maybe get some Cipro. If I go to my doctor I'll be lucky if I get a script by the next day. I think they save up all the things to do until the very end of the day when it's too late to do anything. I know I have Cipro at the house but I can't find it. Would help to get a jump start on it. Also to rotate it. I hate the stuff. It makes me nauseous but it's the only thing I can take. Not doing that ampicillin again no matter what they say. It didn't like me even a little bit. 

• Sad 4

Jeepers, Kidney infections are rough.  I think I saw where you were using advil at times. Be careful with that as it is hard on the kidneys. 

Annarchy, I agree with Jeepers. It does seem like you just got back from Texas.  Have a safe trip. Seems your MIL needs to move closer to you. It would be so much easier on you. And you could keep a closer eye on her. 

Going down to vote around lunch time as it is the time that it is not crowded. If it hasn't started raining yet I will work on the front flower bed. We are going to have rain all week. There is a tropical storm brewing in the atlantic. So guessing that is why we are going to get a lot of rain this week. Just hope it doesn't flood out the garden. It will be heavy rain at times. We need it but there is a limit to everything. Garden is looking really good now and I have squash on some of the plants now. green peppers are still small but growing. Also have a couple of cucumbers as well but to small to pick. I need to figure out a way to get one of the cucumbers off the ground before the rain. 

Will work on house later this evening. I have a bookcase in hallway I need to empty and move the bookcase out of way for the furniture to be moved out of that bedroom. 

• Like 2

I do have the Stage 3 Cronic Kidney Failure thing going on. I probably take less than 4 Advil (or any other pain reliever) in a month. Most months I don't take any. Today I did have to take 2 for my back ache. I tried to switch to Tylenol but it doesn't help me as much. I think the damage is from the high blood pressure. Also, Dr Google said it becomes more common with old age. Nothing lasts forever. Not even kidneys.  :D

• Sad 3

Went down to vote a bit earlier than I planned. No one was there so got lucky. No line. My phone hasn't stopped ringing with the politicians constant calls reminding me to vote. Don't need reminding. They can stop calling. I am now ignoring the phone unless its a number I know. My right arm is killing me. Just started hurting bad a while ago. Maybe coming from the shoulder. I have done something so need to get it checked out soon. Going to take it easy from heavy lifting for a while. Will see how it does later today. Started working on garage and filled the car up again. So need to go to the Good Will. It's 73* right now and trying to rain. Just a few drops here and there right now. Going to try using blue emu on arm to see if that will help. 

Jeepers, the stages of kidney failure does come with old age but you can live with it for years and nothing ever happens. 

• Like 3

Agreed Littlesister I told my son that is sounds worse than it really is.

I can get more done without ever accomplishing anything than anyone I know.

I went over to the clinic and they were packed. I was starting to feel better anyway. So I left. 

I went to the bank and told them I want MY money now. It's a long story. But the girl there (she is very nice) explained to California that I need my money to get the contractor in there to start work and that $50,000 IS for half of the work. Not the complete job. Since they can only endorse up to $40,000 they said they could approve $40,000 and put the other $10,000. on hold until some of the work is done...Oh h3ll no. I need the $50.000 to get the contractor in there. $40,000 won't help me. And besides, that is my money we are talking about. It is made out in my name only. I told them if they value 'their' house they had better give me the money to repair it. So, they said they would put a special insurance guru on it and would try to expedite it.  :blah:  I don't believe a thing anyone tells me. BTW that check is worth more than the mortgage so yes, they are holding my money on a check made out in my name only. Not much accomplished except I did explain my case better. 

Then I went to the doctors office. Once again, there were no patients in there. That place is always empty. Don't know how or why they stay open. Anyway, as I suspected, the orders for my mammogram and the tilt table test had not been sent in. As I was complaining the doctor came up to the desk. I wasn't loud or anything, He just happened by. Nothing better to do with no patients I guess.  :(  Another long story short, he made out the orders right there and said. "Let me sign them because sometimes they don't want to take an order unless it is signed." Oh yeah, we all know who that would happen to. :hi:  So I have the orders in my hot little hands. Now I'll have to call around and make the arrangements. I'm sick of doing other peoples job. Son said get used to it. Sigh.

I went to Wal-Mart for some fruit and veg. I prefer Meijers or even Giant Eagle but I wasn't in that area. No biggie. Got a tank top and some short shorts for the pool. No way am I trying to squeeze into a Wal-Mart bikini. Would.Not.Be.Pretty.  Or fair to other humans. I'm also replenishing my health supplies slowly. I got a good start on band aids and stuff. A lot got damaged in the 'Epic Flood' and I was also afraid of mold so I just pitched it all. Besides, it was all pretty old and the sticky probably wasn't any more. While loading the Jeep up, I sort of wet my drawers. Not enough to get to my jeans but still. I wasn't sure if there was going to be another 'Epic Flood' right there at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Just kill me now. Dang it. I just put them on today too.  LOL. I know it's from the UTI. So tomorrow I'll go back to the clinic. And stay. I was right at my doctor's office today and could have asked for some Cipro. Never even thought about it. Pre-flood. 

Went to the house to do some more work. I have all of the junk out of the living room and dinning room. Only thing left in there are things I want. Next trip over I will finish clearing all of my stuff out and into the other room. Then try to finish up the family room.  I think I have the downstairs to the point where the junk guys can get in there and haul out the old furniture. Then three rooms upstairs and then I can call them. Only a couple of pieces upstairs. I think.

Son's had a change of plans. DIL's uncle died. They asked son to "carry him out." I didn't know what that meant. I had all kinds of visuals and none of them were pleasant. How long had he been in that house? They meant pallbearer. :grinning-smiley-044:  So that trip this weekend is put on hold. I'm kind of glad because of my money situation and now I have more time to pack up more without rushing so much. My back hurts. And it will take a week to get the Cipro out of my system. I makes me nauseous. So it really works out well for me. G-son is bummed. Pool...

• Like 4

Jeepers as they say when it rains it pours. But glad things worked out better for you where your DS was concerned. it does give you more time to get things done.  

My arm is doing a bit better now but having to be careful how I move it. It isn't hurting as bad and it is still swollen. I have no idea what I did to it. The whole arm below the elbow to wrist. I could have slept on it wrong or something. 

I was able to finish weeding the big garden before the rain. But it still hasn't done anything but a few drops so far. But the big garden is fully weeded now. I have tiny squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes now. But tropical storm 3 is turning into a hurricane. Not sure it will hit here as for our area it is way to early but then this hurricane is also early for this time of year. So just watching for now. If they say it will hit my way then I will pick up yard and fill water containers just in case. Something I need to do anyway. I just hope if it hits it won't tear up my garden. I need to take the green house down also or it will get torn up in a hurricane. 

Hoping to get a lot done tomorrow. Car is still loaded as I didn't get down to the Good Will. Will do that in the morning. 

• Like 3

Praying for a mild hurricane season this year!  :pray:

I had something happen to my arm and shoulder area about 3 years ago. I have no idea what happened but it seemed like it just happened over night. I had to lift my arm up with my other hand to move it because it hurt so much to use the muscle. Strange. I went to therapy for it. Didn't really help very much. They had me exercising with bands. Also standing in front of a wall and pushing away from it. It took almost 6 months to get better. I have no idea why it happened or why it stopped hurting. Hope yours heals fast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers hope you can clear up that kidney infection quick. And that the bank clears your check quick too. You really have been through the wringer lately. 

Annarchy have a safe trip!

Littlesister hope your shoulder feels better soon. I messed mine up somehow like that right after we moved and did PT and it did help me but still not sure what I did to hurt it.

Miki hope your power stays on!

Mt Rider hope your apt went smoothly!
I made it to Oregon for work through a huge downpour on Sunday. Wrapping up two big projects this week in person for work and it's weird going in to the office. Still challenging to find anywhere to sit. Reminds me why I like working from home so much. Work is noisy and crowded LOL. We had a ribbon cutting for the opening of a new clinic today so that was fun. I am also getting to visit with various friends while I'm here which is nice :)

I go back on Friday and pick up my hubby and son from my SIL and then we head home. Almost time to head back and I'm happy and sad about that. Missing my daughter and grandbaby already.

• Like 4

Becca Anne, it is hard to have to leave your grandchild but you will see more of him than you think though pictures, videos and other means. Not the same but it does help. 

Mt. Rider, glad you got those new tires before anything happened. You don't need anything to happen on the way to hospital end of week.  

Jeepers, I am praying the bank comes through for you by end of week. Anything is possible. 

My arm is much better today. So I must have slept on it wrong. Shoulder is another story. It's sore but not hurting. I can live with that. 

Washing clothes as I didn't do that Monday or Tuesday.  And today is the first day of summer. Really, it feels more like spring. Raining very lightly right now. Debating going to Walmart just for the fun of it. haven't been there in well over 5 years now. Just walk around and getting out of the house for a while. I don't really go anywhere much these days. But do like to get out once in a while. Will maybe take a vacation this fall. Maybe to Nags Head NC. Haven't been there since before the pandemic. By then things will have calmed down and the house should be back together again. 

So today will be working on garage and washing clothes which is only a couple of loads plus towels. 

• Like 3

Dogs woke me up at 4:30. Sigh
Walked first.
Did some computer work.
Washed sheets and blankets and put them back on.
Added dirt to tomato plants, jalapenos and potatoes. Planted 2 lick tubs of lettuce. Pruned tomato plants. Cut chives and parsley.
Next, I will flash freeze chives and parsley. Saving a little back to take to friends this afternoon.

Church meeting at 1:30. I was asked to come, but not sure why. I am not on staff or anything. It's about handing all records back over to us from pastor and associate pastor who resigned a couple of weeks ago. We will see.

I'm tired!

• Like 3
On 6/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, Jeepers said:

I might go over to the clinic over here. I'm getting another kidney infection, Of course I am.

Came across some info a few weeks ago. If you like to use herbal/natural remedies D-Mannose is the part of cranberries that is supposed to help yeast infections. You may need the Cipro to knock this one down, but perhaps the D-Mannose will help keep future outbreaks from happening. You should check into it. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Not going to celebrate too soon...BTDT already a few times. And I still haven't heard from that #%&&^^% bank, BUT...

I called my contractor today to tell him what all is going on up to date. He is so disgusted for me. It is unbelievable. He said let me call you back in a few minutes. 

He did after he talked to the owner of the company (he is an employee there). They said if I can pay anything down he would meet me at the house today and I could go ahead and fill out the paperwork (contracts) and we could do a walk through to make sure we are on the same page and then he could get me on a schedule. Work won't begin yet but we will have this step out of the way for when I do get my money from BOA. 

I still have the $6,000 in the bank for the furnace that they haven't collected on yet so I'll get $1,000 from there. It all goes to the same company anyway. So it is a step forward. He said hopefully I will already have the money by the time they are ready to start in a couple of weeks. And I'll already be set up with a project manager.

I just met with him and signed and paid. Next he will assign a PM (project manager) to me and they both will come out and talk about what all I want done as far as materials and things. It won't get them in there for reconstruction but this step, that is usually done after receiving the 50% of the money, will already be done ahead of time. Baby step forward.  He was mega pleased at the way the house looked with a lot of the stuff gone. I told I'm hiring 1-800-got junk to get rid of the big things. He said they won't have any problems working in there and that it looked great the way it is. Whew. The more I can do the less time they will have to take moving stuff around. Or that's the way I'm figuring. 

I found out a few things that I wanted done like removing wallpaper in the family room and installing a light socket over the stove for a microwave and he said it is already included in the estimate, Good! Also the guy that I texted for an estimate to paint the trim never texted me back. My contractor said they do that kind of work too. So after the inside is done, I told him he was hired to do the outside too. That and the junk guys will be on my dime but I was going to have to do it anyway. I'm hoping I can save some money inside the house to cover some of the outside repairs. Maybe.

The lawn guy is coming this weekend to do the shrubs. He is going to clean out the bed in front and one side of all the weeds and lay mulch/bark. He will plant shrubs when I get water at the house to water them.  Everyone knows my situation and tries to work with me. 

• Like 3

Thank you Midnightmom!  OTC meds and herbs never work for me though. I either have a lot of reactions to them or else nothing at all. The only antibiotic I can take right now Is Cipro. I don't like it but it knocks it out in just a few days. I think it's 6 pills for 3 days. I can't even use OTC topical antibiotics. I have to use a prescription Bactroban for boo-boo's. I'm a delicate little flower.  :rolleyes:  I peed on a AZO strip and yep. UTI. 

Speaking of which, I didn't get to go to the clinic again because I had to meet with the contractor at the other end of town. Tomorrow for sure! I called this morning to schedule a mammogram at the same clinic and although "my call is very important to us," they never returned my call. So I'll go tomorrow and try to get both done. It's called a clinic but it is really a big facility that does all kinds of things. Can't believe how much trouble I'm having getting a simple mammogram. And why won't anyone return calls or messages. Is it just me? Sigh. 

Hold the phone. I just saw that D-Mannose is in AZO. I will definitely check that out. I think I can do AZO. They are my go to for pee strips. Those really work for detection and are a good thing to have in your home medical supplies.

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 2

Jeepers the Azo is a good thing to have in your medical kit. And welcome to socialized medicine. Definitely not what it used to be. 

Glad things with the house is starting to come together. You need that done ASAP.

I spoke to soon. My arm was doing fine this morning but then I started doing things and now it is hurting bad again. I am thinking it might be carpal tunnel. Will need to get it checked out if it doesn't heal up soon. 

Got clothes and towels washed this morning and did some work in pantry.  Never went to Wal mart but to Kroger. Didn't buy much in food but found some things like plastic containers and things I needed. Also for $20 I got a small electric fryer and a rice cooker. My old one bit the dust a few years ago and I never bought a new one. I figure for as much as I will be using them these will work. The rice cooker even has a steamer basket. That would be good for steaming shrimp.  

• Like 3

Tomorrow I go to the clinic for, hopefully, Cipro and to, hopefully, schedule a mammogram. Crimony. Oh yeah Littlesister, I've been dealing with our medical system since Christmas when I had to wait a month to see a doctor for bronchitis. In the office I have been going to for 30 years. The same office that is always empty when I go in there. Gurrrl, don't get me started. 

Then I have to go to Michaels. I have a credit for $35.00 that expires tomorrow and I need to use it. Don't know how I got it. Must have been from the pictures I had framed? I really don't need anything but I'm not going to let it lapse. Maybe I can find a frame for the cross stitch. Kinda doubt it as it will be an odd size. If nothing else...more tee shirts.  :grinning-smiley-044:

The cross stitch is pretty much done. I need to figure out how I want to add the spokes to the buggy wheels. It probably needs to be done last after it's washed. Will try to post a picture tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Jeepers, watch out.  I took Cipro for years, mostly for kidney stone, etc.  Suddenly, my lips started swelling and I could no longer take, trial and error after that, but face swelling is a BAD thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Virginia! I appreciate the warning. I will definitely watch out for that! It's always something, huh.    :hug3:

Cipro is the only thing I can take to kill the bacteria. I'm allergic to all other antibiotics. I have a horrible reaction to all of the others, especially the 'cillin' family. Not sure what else I can do. At least I only have to take 6 of them for 3 days. And usually 2-3 times a year. :sigh:  I hate them. They make me nauseous. 

My doctor suggested that I see an allergist to see what all I'm allergic to. Maybe they can suggest an alternative. I'll take him up on that offer when things in my life settle down a little. Right now I can't seem to accomplish anything. Road blocks at every turn. But, it's bound to get better soon. I think I've stumbled over all of them by now. Probably shouldn't have said that out loud.  :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 2