MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Your screen name?

ArmyOfFive4God

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

That was fast, Kayla. smile So here goes. smile

Well, when I started on this forum, and it was the first one I ever was on, I living in MN, and with our #1 DS and his wife and family in TX, and our DD now in TX too, we get snow. So, with them in the south and us in MN, I had to come up with something, and was having a time of it, so came up with Snowmom. smile We get snow, and they don't get much of it down there in the south. Our other DS and wife are in ND. now, so they get snow too, but the others are all in TX. smile I'm the mom where there is snow. smile

See, it isn't really a long story, just a short one. smile

I could come up with a new name, but, I kind of like this one and I don't think anyone would fight me for it. smilesmile

HUGS3-2.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

ummm....well, a couple days ago when I went to join, my mind went blank...that happens really often! Our youngest rescue cat was sitting in my lap "helping" me, KallieKat said I could use her name, we both agreed it was a good one!

Oh mine took a lot of thought! It had to be original, deep, meaningful, well planned out and descriptive of me and only me.

Well, I scraped that brilliant idea right quick after about 5 minutes. I drive a Jeep. So, I'm Jeepers. Good thing I don't drive a Hummer.

Great idea! And this should be extremely interesting to hear everyone's stories on how they came up with their screen-names.

Mine is On-Eaglewings. Isaiah 40:31 has been my ultimate life verse. I have been through much in life and yet God always faithfully has lifted me on eaglewings to rise above and await this life out for eternity.

Yet those who wait for the LORD

Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary.

I adore my tag that MountainMommy made for me many years ago!

It beautifully captured who I am and where I'm going.

So thats my story...who's next?

I 'aint' two nuts... I am just one.

I have schitzoaffective with bipolar tendencies, so -- the screen name aint2nuts popped into my mind. Meds control most of my problems psychologically, but it is fair warning for everyone.

smile

Mine actually is kind of multi-purpose.

#1, You know when you start something new everyone tells you to take baby steps? I have a tendency to jump into new things, go crazy for a few weeks or months, and then burn out and not care any more. So I remind myself to take it slower, so I don't burn myself out. This is too important. So far so good... I've been "prepping" for about 4 years now.

#2, goes along with the siggie picture that Pixie did such a great job on. The poem "Footprints", which is one of my favorites. My walk with the Lord has been 25 years of baby steps (starting when I was 7) on my part. Good thing He's carrying me when it gets tough.

#3, and this is where my mommy-side shows through, I have 5 children 11 and under. So for 11 years I've had the sound of baby steps running through my house. One of my favorite sounds!

Cool idea, Kayla. My daddy called me Spider when I was little, guess I was all arms and legs.

Pixie, once again you've outdone yourself. All the "tags" are beautiful.

:spider:

Originally Posted By: babysteps

#1, You know when you start something new everyone tells you to take baby steps? I have a tendency to jump into new things, go crazy for a few weeks or months, and then burn out and not care any more. !

Oh yeah, I am in the midst of jumping in with both feet on a project right now. I usually don't entirely burn out, but settle in gently to a new path, but I totally understand this one!

*pout*

Dee, I think we're both boring. I was new to the internet and didn't realize that people had all these snazzy names made up, so I just went by my first name...

After all these years on the net, I have some brilliant id's that I wish I would of thought of back then, but it's too late to do any of that now. I guess it's best I just be who I really am anyway.

I was addicted to the foxfire books when I was a kid...we had all of them...wish I still had them....they were wonderful!!

I'm boring too.....my other screen name that I normally use is baboo.....my niece couldn't say Barbara when she was itty bitty....she could only say baboo...so...that's what everyone actually calls me in real life....go figure....

IN HIS LOVE,

foxfire

Mine is my initials. 1988 is the year I was married. Thus..JCK88...no, I do not make jackets and my name is Judy, not Jack. If I had realized people would think these things, I would have used "SingSongKitty" one of my other screen names used elsewhere. I guess I felt this subject of prepping was serious and I wanted to not use something cutesy--or maybe I was being unimaginative the day I signed up. But there it is...too late to change it now.

When I was in my teens and living on the streets (long story) an local vancouver artist named shannon who draws faeries and pixies said "You look like a pixie, your new name is Pixie." enough people heard her say that and from then on, I was called Pixie. Everyone still calls me that after over 10 years. heh heh

Mine isn't original either. I moved to Nortern NY state a couple years ago, so I'm NY Debbie. Had i known I would get so much from this board I would have tried harder to have a name that shows more of what i am like.

BookwormDebbie?

BluejeanDebbie?

ScienceFictionDebbie?

nope, they're all too long.

Serendipity.

I have always loved that word (I have a thing with words) and it seemed so fitting for Mrs S!

Dictionary.com:

ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌsɛrənˈdɪpɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ser-uhn-dip-i-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

2. good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.

It also reminds me of the word "serene" which is how I want to be (and often am not, lol).

Archived