MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

new to forum

whiterock

I have lurked around here for years. I am on some other forums as well.

I am a divorced, retired school teacher living south of the DFW Metromess on what remains of the farm I grew up on. I have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. I have 2 degrees in Agriculture, but also taught English, history, and special ed over a 31 year career.

I may not have much to say, probably just keep lookin and readin, but now and then I will have to give an opinion on something.

Ed

Welcome to Mrs. S! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Welcome!

Ed, I'm looking forward to when you are compelled to enter an opinion!! Welcome to Mrs. S!

Originally Posted By: whiterock
I have 2 degrees in Agriculture, but also taught English, history, and special ed over a 31 year career.
Ed

Oh my gosh welcome! This is going to be good.. Were you involved in FFA? I hope you have lots to say.. clapsmilie

welcome6 Well Ed we live in the same area---the Metromess I love it--I couldn't say it better myself. I live north of Dallas, but I am looking to move around the Weatherford area.

Hope to garden there, and mybe I could ask you some questions sometime. We all try to learn from each other. Living on the family farm must be nice. If you have been lurking you know we have a lot of fun. Hope you stay.

Ed, did you bring chocolate? won't ask about the wine cause most of the towns I was in was dry or you had to buy some kind of permit to drink in it!

Thanks for the welcome, folks. I was born in Waxahachie and live about 11 mile west of there on the escarpment, the front of the house drains to the east, the back to the west. I can see the tall buildings in Ft. Worth if the air is clear enough.

My little home town of Midlothian is growing fast, I grew up 7 miles south of town, now town is less than a half mile from the front fence line, city limits anyway. Just voted in beer and wine in the last election.

Weatherford is about an hour away, depending on traffic and the chose route. I try my best to stay south of I-20.

I was an Ag teacher for 9 years or so, quit for more reasons than one, mainly to have time to be with my own kids.

Ed

Howdy thar stranger, glad you have come out of the shadows and into the light. Looking forward to your posts/comments. If nothing else just pick a fight with Jetzem or NYDebbie-lol, wc

Archived