MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A (belated) birthday party!!!

Cat

The moon peeks over the trees into the clearing, its first rays illuminating the moss-covered fountain where the stream is born. Soft footsteps hurry to put everything into place. The flower-twined gazebo is carefully swept, and the tables festooned with finery for the feast. Ribbons twirl in the very slight breeze, floating from the tree branches as if grown there. Mist rises from the pond, lazily creating an elegant background for the band as they set up their gear.

The guys prepare the bonfire, placing the wood to get maximum rise when the guest of honor arrives. They try to keep Tripwire from starting it immediately, as he just can’t wait to see the effect…

Everywhere, our friends in elegant dresses carry in their finest foods; plates of steaming seafood and roast beef and colorful vegetables are set between the mounds of floral arrangements by Mother and ArmyOfFive4God’s capable hands. Fresh warm rolls stand in covered baskets beside carefully constructed fruit and vegetable creations. Snowmom directs the dessert table personally, artfully arranging the platters of chocolates and cheesecakes around the towering cake with HSmom’s help. Momo and Dee get the hot cappuccino fountain going, and offer motherearth the first cup to try it out.

Becca Anne and Ginger arrive after staging another daring raid on the Princess Bootcamp, leading all the inmates safely out the secret tunnel for the surprise party. They put them to work arranging wicker tables and chairs around the clearing’s edges on the smooth pine-needle floor, decorating each one with fresh linens and a nosegay of fresh flowers. Cookiejar carries in a potted palm tree, mumbling something about “a bit of home”…

PureCajunSunshine and Vic303 go over the music list again with the band, and soothing tones drift over the assembly as they add last-minute touches to the scene. The scent of flowers perfume the night air.

Whispers rise in the night: “Is her birthday today?”

“No, it was on May third, but we wanted to surprise her!”

“When is she coming?”

“Westie has been keeping her busy… she thinks she’ll be presiding over a *Princess Bootcamp Graduation Ceremony*.”

Buttercup and Rita are busy polishing the tiaras, as Pixie hands them out. Dogmom4 gets out her sewing kit to help with last-minute adjustments... can't have our friends uncomfortable!

Grubby looks stunning in her beautiful silk dress... as she mans the video camera, Mt_Rider begins lighting candles.

Lois and PoGo arrive breathlessly from the ridge, where they were standing lookout. “There’s a fast vehicle tearing up the hill at breakneck speed… looks like they’re on their way!”

The guys hold Trip back as he tries to light the bonfire prematurely.

The candles are lit, and the ladies help each other adjust bows and ribbons and silky shawls… dancing slippers are quickly slipped on in readiness for the festivities. The stars above twinkle in anticipation…

Happy belated birthday, Darlene. May this token of our love and appreciation bring you much joy, and may the coming years bring you only the best of God’s dearest blessings…

grouphug2

It's breathtaking Cat! Everyone looks stunning in their gowns and finery. Darlene will be delighted seeing we really can be girlie girl.

The music, the fire, the food will make for wonderful evening and yet all we friends together will be the best of all.

We hope you have a great belated birthday boss and please know how much we care!

grouphug

Fairy light candles and floral swags. check.

Linene napkins and good china, check.

Happy Birthday Boss!!!!

Just keep an eye on necie in case she decides to *enhance* the punch. (I think Everclear is illegal in this state).

11.gif

Oh Cat, how beautiful. I had to really dig to find my fancy ball attire though and it doesn't go with my mocasins but I'm hoping that Darlene won't notice and find a pair of spikes for me.

Trip, don't get your tux dirty starting that fire, dear. Here, let me brush you off. Okay, now you look great even if your fur won't lay down correctly.

OH hello Darlene, I know you think we all forgot your birthday but we didn't. Surprise!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

(((((Darlene)))))

bighug

Psssst, Mother.....help me get into this dress-up stuff. Just rode over two mountain ranges and the plains. The horse is tired and my dress got a bit mussed up in the saddle bags. ......Waddya mean I can't wear my hair in braids with my cowboy hat???? Oh, OK. We're doing girly girl for Darlene... That's ok then. If I *have* to have a bow , can I have that dark metallic purple one? curtsey

Wow, good job on the fire, Trip. campfire I wanna start some fire tooooooo. Oh goodie. I get to light the birthday candles. [ MtRider pulls her trusty BlastMatch outta her back pocket. Yes, a back pocket in her gown...where ELSE are you gonna keep your EDC essentials? ]

bouncebouncebounce Is she here yet? I DO hope they got back from town alright....not making any unauthorized stops.... rollingeyes

cakeballoonscake HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLENE cakeballoonscake

bighug

This is indeed a beautiful party for the loveliest southern belle. I can hardly wait to see Darlene's face when she arrives!

Blessed Birthday, Dear One, this is a year of wonderful surprises coming your way! This is just the beginning of marvelous things to come! bighug

Wheeeee!!!!! A party! Where's the cake? Huh? Where's the cake?! We inmates have been busy and having a grand time...oh...I still have my flip flops on, is that ok? Has the Grand Dame arrived yet?

Oh, Darlene, hope your day was as special as you are! Enjoy your birthday bash...its out to the field for you tomorrow!

NO BODY MOVE!!! I'VE LOST A CONTACT!!!

*pushes folks out of the way, while scrounging around on my knees when all of a sudden >>RIIIIPPPP<<* OH NO!! My GOWN! reaction-1.gif

OH DAR!! I'm SO sorry, I didn't meant to ruin your party. *squints with one eye closed* You can all resume DarleneSwoonpartytime *slinks off to borrow Dar's sewing kit*

Happy birthday girlfriend!!! bighug

Gowns??!! Nobody told me I was gonna hafta wear a GOWN!! I was supposed to be in charge with OMB of the 21 gun salute, not the band... frown

Quickly, OMB helps Vic303 outta the gown to reveal her usual t-shirt & jeans, all the better to make that sound of Freedom, in!

gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2

gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2

gun2gun2gun2gun2gun2

lol

As the guest of honor flies at 90mph up the driveway, OMB gives the signal, and all the guys, and some of us gals, cut loose with the Arsenal of Democracy (pointed safely down range of course!), thus welcoming our guest most properly!

bighug

bunnydance Buttercup is here..... Just floating on the breeze of that cool mountain air in her flannel gown and plastic tiara.........Think I'll just have me some of that thar punch stuff.. Oh my is that buttercream icing? (buttercup sneaks off to the back porch to sit a spell and just take the scene all in quietly with her camera to take pictures for blackmailing er I mean for a scrapbook later on!)

Love ya Dar!!!!!!!

YAY, and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Darlene. cakebouquet I'm so glad I checked in here so I could crash, er, join in the festivities. I've brought some goodies, beautiful sun rays, and a great big hug. bighug Hope you enjoy your special day. Reb

First..I hate BD partys..the sweet crap yer sposed to drink is not paletable.the cake frosting has so much suger it melts yer teeth...OH!!...sneaking to the table...is it??? it IS!! green brownies!!!!! MOTHER!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My day started at the buttcrack of dawn...with a phone call from hell it wouldn't stop ringing..the caller kept hanging up before the VM came on then hitting redial...200 rings later I found the never used bedroom phone...and it was..of course...

The Princess, Runnin late...of course....stuck in traffic...of course..and decided that I needed to share the joy...of course, she and westy were calling back and forth so I was on hold a lot, kept dozing off only to be reawakened to hearing the latest about Westy and the Shetland pony disguised as a dog...

The dog needed to pee, so behind a bush they went..I tried not to wonder if it was a community pee or just a doggie thing...one could wonder with good reason ya kno..."Westy"..nuff said?????

Her bags may have been sent to lower Slobovia..or not..nobody knows..I gather they weren't in GA, or maybe America for that matter...possably not even on planet earth..

The princess threw the phone to West and mugged the poor murtt right there in front of God and everbody, rollin around on the filthy sidewalk in her thong and VS gown...with an ankle holster above her 5" heels..at least she left the gun in the car....

I was able to hang up, they didn't know... so if they aren't in jail they will be here in a few hours...

CAT!!! you got any idea how much it cost me to have Omar the tent maker build a tux from my stash of tiger strip camo material..and a rush job!!!! I will get you !!

I assume if the two wayword travelers ain't already in jail they will be here soon...start the bail bond collection...

Trip

By the by Princess!! happy cakeslicebirthday!!!!! balloonscakecakeslice :cocktail:

Happy Birthday Darlene, thankyou for showing us the way, your ministry, and unconditional support and encouragement.

For your birthday I brought you one of the few things I own of value: some heirloom seed packets. Hopefully they can feed you the way you feed us. smile

Happy birthday darlin', I get to wear this beautiful blue gown for this occaision.

No cake for me, but some of that lemon merangue pie would be great.

Love ya boss.

Glad to see the party machine still works smile

Cat I dont' know if this will be enough food or not. I mean those guys can eat and since there are no green beans you know Trip will dig in.

category_photo_platters.jpg

Yes Cat I think she will notice the castle tent when she drives up and no I do not have any idea as to how to hid it happy02[/size]

toldo.jpg

I'M HERE! Ao5...I brought duck tape! No time for sewing anything up....

mumbling...Does anybody know how long it takes to drive non-stop from California?.....

Where's the food! I'm starving!

Oh yeah...Happy Birthday Darlene! bouquet Surviving Westie? grin

Hey! Someone want to bring me a glass of punch down here in the garden while I finish up planting these green beans for the boss? And would you send Trip up to the kitchen to set these out on the buffett table? greenbeancasserole.jpgyellow_birthday_cake3.gif

Jeri

Archived