MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tomorrow will make it 50 years together

Snowmom

goodmorninghummingbird.gif

Yes, tomorrow will be our 50th Anniversary. The kids are having a party in town for us. Wish you were all here to help us celebrate. :)

You know, when a person is young, you think that 50 years is a long time, but, it really doesn't feel that way. :) You also thing that someone who has been married that long has to be 'OLD', but, you are only as old as you feel. :)

The day we got married was cloudy and I am thinking we had a bit of rain, not a lot, just a little. According to the weather site, it is suppose to be cool, partly cloudy and windy in the afternoon.

I'll see about posting pictures next week sometime. :)

HUGS3.jpgHAVEAGREATDAYTEAPOT.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!

My DH & I were married only a couple of months, when we went to one of his relatives 50th anniversary celebration. I remember asking him if he thought we could make it that long. He replied, "We'll see." We are still working on it.

May you have many many more years together!

goodmorninghummingbird.gif

Yes, tomorrow will be our 50th Anniversary. The kids are having a party in town for us. Wish you were all here to help us celebrate. :)

You know, when a person is young, you think that 50 years is a long time, but, it really doesn't feel that way. :) You also thing that someone who has been married that long has to be 'OLD', but, you are only as old as you feel. :)

The day we got married was cloudy and I am thinking we had a bit of rain, not a lot, just a little. According to the weather site, it is suppose to be cool, partly cloudy and windy in the afternoon.

I'll see about posting pictures next week sometime. :)

HUGS3.jpgHAVEAGREATDAYTEAPOT.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!

Wish DH and I could be there to help you celebrate but I've been to your house and it's a LONG ways up there! :gaah: You two have a great day with lots of remeniscing (sp) and fun.

DH and I aren't too far behind you with 46 years and, as you well know, it'll be here before we know it!

Congratulations to you and Old Pine from DH and me.:bighug2:

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

Thank you all for the Anniversary Wishes.

We spent Friday night at Smokey Hills Wilderness Retreat, a beautiful place about 18 - 20 miles from where we live. The kids needed us out of the house and so sent us there. :) If you would like to see some of the pictures of Smokey Hills, go to:

http://www.smokeyhills.com/

This is where we had our 50th class reunion last fall. It is such a beautiful place. :) Of course we didn't take a camera with us. Would love to go back just to take pictures. :) If you get up in this area and need a place to stay, just call ahead for a cabin. :)

We had a very good party and everyone of us were so tired after. Our youngest son had to leave on Sunday and then our oldest son and daughter-in-law had to leave Monday. So, Monday was a resting day for our daughter and us.

We had several from our church, several class mates and one of them was from almost 200 miles away. She and her husband were coming up to go fishing so came to the party. She had told our daughter she would come, but, I had no idea. It took me a minute to realize who it was and I was really surprised. :) There were relatives and others who came too, but, the one classmate was the one who really surprised me. :)

I'll get the pictures in soon. :)

Aww, Dee, it is only a short trip, like 6 hours or so. :);)

Peacefulhome, good to see you again, haven't seen you in a long time. Of course, I haven't been coming as often as I should either. One day I'll get back to being here a lot more. :)

Again, THANKYOUDOGANDFLOWERS.gif so much.

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif