MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Take a breath, Jeepers.  We'll all be praying that this smooths out and everything is in place.  Moving is frantic enough....what with all the millions of details....but this is beyond your control on the weekend. :gaah:   FRUSTRATING!!  :bighug2: 

....hoping DH can pick up one more set of shelving from WM tonite after work.  Anxious to finish that.  day of rest today tho.

MtRider  :pc_coffee:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I'm going to lose nearly $500 on the Zaycon meltdown.  Even though I paid with my debit card, which is Visa-branded,.

In better news, I'm in contact with a lady who is experimenting with pickling sausages.  I can't wait to try her recipe.

• Sad 2

Sheesh, Jeepers, that sounds horribly stressful. Hoping they get on the ball and do what needs to be done. 

I looked up Zaycon, and saw they are suspending business operations?  Hope you can resolve the money issues. 

Glad your our internet is working well MtR. :pc_coffee:

Quiet day here, taking it easy. It’s muggy and hot outside.  

• Thanks 1

Today was a 'rest' day.  Yesterday two more trees dropped.  Logs all over the back yard now.  We make jokes about being a wood-lot store for our crafting friends.  They are estatic; lots of interesting features on these older trees.  The wood is beautiful - we cut a hollow sycamore, and a badly leaning mockernut hickory.  

Today though I played around with my recipe tweak for Walmart's Asian Sesame Ginger salad dressing & marinade.  I liked the taste, but it was a little strong, and high in fat for me.  So I made 2 cups of fat free sweet sour salad dressing, mixed it with the bottle of the Sesame Ginger stuff, and presto!  Half the fat, Lower calories & carbs, and all the flavor.  Did I also say it made that dressing a very cheap indulgence to boot?  Then I chopped up some of our prolific cucumbers, banana peppers & onions and made 'asian' cucumber relish/salad.  It turned out delicious!  Liver & onions for dinner, with 'Asian cucumber salad'.  Now we are headed over to help our crafting friends make extra display items for their new booth.  Mary will sand and polish wood itens, I will be painting mini scenes on wood 'cookies' to be made into larger items.  I cant say I didn't earn my liver, LOL!!!

Money has finally made it from bank 1 to bank 2. Whew. What a relief. Now I'm waiting for a return phone call to tell me how, when, where and how much to wire, to get it to bank 3. Wish they would hurry because I have a 5-6 hour drive ahead of me.

I'll be so glad when Wednesday gets here and it's all over with. Social anxiety issues have really kicked in big time and I don't want to be there.   :behindsofa: 

On the plus side...my mammogram came back clear.  :cele:

• Like 4

:pray:  Praying that all is going well for Jeepers and her house deal.  And she gets to see her family....Grson.  :hapydancsmil:

Today Koa is 6 yrs old!!  :happyBD:   Most of the time, she still acts like a puppy.  Her favorite FedEx lady had a route change and the guy [who has mastiffs] doesn't know he's supposed to bring her treats......what a bummer on her BDay.  But of course she got a treat when he left anyway.  He did pet her tho. 

Hmmmm.....18 yr old cat, 6 yr old dog, 5 and 6 yr old ducks, and old goat is.....  [no, I don't mean DH] ...9 yrs next month I think.  Horses....one is in her mid 20's I think.  The other....early 20's.  Sheeesh, we's alll OLD!  :0327:  Winding down this chapter of our lives....slowly. 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Hee-Hee. Old Goat.  :008Laughing:

:balloons:  Happy Birthday Koa!  :balloons:

The house deal went through without a hitch. Glad it's over. The sellers were so nice. About my age. They moved to southern Indiana to take care of her aging parents. Two weeks after they moved, her dad died. I think she said her mom is 88 years old now.

I love the house! I wish it had a basement but it was the best I could do. The crawl space is tall enough for a man to sit up in and accessible from inside. The house is very nice and well taken care of. I thought the 2nd. garage was a one car but it's actually a two car. The front has a garage door on the right side and the back has a garage door on the left side. Interesting. He was very proud of that garage. He had it insulated on all four sides and on the ceiling too. Also a gas heater in there.  D-I-L has already picked out a room for g-son. Pfffft, he can have them all as far as I'm concerned. The yard is HUGE! It has small section of split rail fence with Concord grapes on it and a small patch of red raspberries. I prefer purple raspberries so maybe I'll plant some of them and after they take off, remove the red ones. I'll think about all of that next year. The yard is H-U-G-E. I had forgotten what a square acre looks like. They are saving me some money too. If they had disconnected the gas and electric, I would have had to pay a reconnection fee. The gas fee alone was over $150.00 dollars just to flip a switch. So, they had their name taken off the account and put mine on. There is also a Homestead Exemption thing I will qualify for. Not sure what that is though. Something about taxes. I have until the end of the year to sign up for it. I need an Indy drivers license though and I'm skeered to take the test.

G-son was adorable and talking up a storm. He is funny. I bought him a new wagon. I got a kiss and a hug. When he hugs you he pats you on the back or arm with his little hand. Melt. I spent a lot of time with his other g-ma and she is so nice and kind. She and her sister offered to help me move. They don't know what they are getting in to. Plus they are both older than I am so we would be some kind of trio trying to hoss boxes around. I do appreciate the offer though! We are all on the same page when it comes to g-son so that is helpful too.

Wanna know the only reason I'm moving to Indiana?

Pockets.jpg

• Like 5

Oh lookit him!  :wub:  He's so big!  Wasn't he a little baby like....just yesterday?  Cute lil' smile.  Yes, good reason for all the workandheadache this move will be.  But the first part is done!  :amen:

....going out into rain to do chores...and don't mind a bit.  ANYthing is better than wildfire.  Wish we could send some back to CA! :(  Know what that feels like. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:    Enjoying the Internet!  

• Thanks 1

He's a little darling, Jeepers!  I'm so glad everything went smoothly!

This chapter of our household is winding down too, Mt. Rider.  I think I may be winding up, though.  Feel better than I have in years!

Once a month Walmart trip this morning for me. Then, actually found frozen fruit for my green smoothies at Dollar Tree today. They don't have it often. Got my fitbit to sync again on my laptop. Don't know why it wasn't but it didn't work for two weeks. I've been walking every morning so now I'll know how far I'm going!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very unmotivated today.  Lost a ferret yesterday.  Then a neighbor lady came over, telling me I had not right to tell her grandchildren to "quit breaking things in the other neighbors yard and that they didn't belong there".  I even showed her the picture of the child hitting the glass with some type of stick and the other child with a chemical bottle in his hands.  The boys are only 5-6 years old.  Insult to injury..... I am not in a good mood.  :sigh:

• Sad 4

So sorry about your ferret, Annarchy.  :(   So hard to lose our furry critters.  :grouphug:

Twilight..... :)  It says "New Friend" but I think you were around MrsS before I was!  Good to see you.  How are things going?  I just hung up from yaking all afternoon with a life-long friend in central Missouri.  She says their area NEEDS rain. 

We're hazy.  Looks like the Blue Ridge Smokies around here....and we're famous for our crystal clear air.  Quite possibly the soot/ash from CA fires drifting over this way.  And tho we've had rain, I see DUST coming up behind any vehicle on the road.  Hmph!  Gonna have to wear a mask when I feed tonite.  Drat! 

I'm so sorry to hear about your little fur buddy Annarchy. I know that pain all too well. :pray:    :hug3:   :pray:

It's a shame that grandmother didn't appreciate you trying to teach her g-children a life lesson. What ever happened to it takes a village to raise a child. Maybe some day she will remember this day and wish she had made better decisions. Or maybe not. Sad.

I'd keep the photos too. And I'd show the other neighbor. Never know when something else might happen in the neighborhood. If that was mine, he would be apologizing and cleaning up the mess. That happened with my son when he was about seven with candy wrappers. The lady told me he was throwing them in her yard on the way home from school. I made him apologized to the lady and I made him clean up every piece of paper in her yard. I was more embarrassed than he was. They became good friends after that though. If I hadn't done that she would have probably resented and disliked him. I don't think he really realized the harm at the time. But he learned to respect other peoples property and not to litter. Now I'm wondering where he got all of that candy. Hummm.

And hello there Ms.Twilight!  :hi:

It sure is good seeing you post again. Stick around girl.

Edited by Jeepers
Edited for spacing issues.
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Very unmotivated today.  Lost a ferret yesterday.  Then a neighbor lady came over, telling me I had not right to tell her grandchildren to "quit breaking things in the other neighbors yard and that they didn't belong there".  I even showed her the picture of the child hitting the glass with some type of stick and the other child with a chemical bottle in his hands.  The boys are only 5-6 years old.  Insult to injury..... I am not in a good mood.  :sigh:

That sounds to me like time to send the picture to the police and let them have a chat with her.  Property damage is a crime.  I believe that actively allowing children to get into criminal mischief is as well, but I might be mistaken.

I hate the fact that when I have health issues, my brain is the first thing to go.  It always takes about week for me to realize that I'm exhausted and sniffly due to allergies, but that there is something to do for it.

Ordered my multi-vitamins & super-strong oregano stuff for the winter crud this morning.

We paid off a credit card (Discount Tire) last week, and are due to pay off the remaining balance on my student loans this week, but hubby wants me to buy bras first.  Bra shopping is NOT my idea of fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, TheCG said:

That sounds to me like time to send the picture to the police and let them have a chat with her.  Property damage is a crime.  I believe that actively allowing children to get into criminal mischief is as well, but I might be mistaken.

We’ve decided to let it go. I don’t care!  Sounds heartless, I know. We’ve watched one of them, ride his bike around all day in the blazing heat. We think he gets told to go outside so he doesn’t wake his baby sister. It doesn’t seem like anyone watches him. ....yup, let it go. They break anything it’s on them. The owners of the house will be down this weekend. It was their shed that got blown across the yard and crumpled, exposing the contents. I probably wouldn’t have said anything if I hadn’t seen-took pics- of the 5 yo with a chemical gallon jug in his hands, and the other one with a stick smacking some glass shelves that were stacked up.  It’s not worth the hassle. The owners are friends with the family, so it’s best not to get involved. 

Finished mending the canopy for the porch umbrella and putting it on the old frame.  It’s a little tight, but it’ll work. I’m still contemplating what I can use the solar light system for. I had to splice a couple of the wires back together because they were cut, when it got destroyed by that storm. 

Time me to get back at my ToDo list. 

• Like 1

Not doing much... just washed 2 loads clothes. 101 today so everything dried fast. May have another pint or two of tomato juice to can tomorrow. 

I am tired but no fever. Broke a hip in April and it has caused severe energy drain.

• Sad 1

Broke a hip....aiiieee!  Hope it's healing well and your gait is back to normal!!

Went to see my folks.  :sigh:  Pray....we need it.  Slowly....it's time for some changes that will not be done with patience and grace by certain member of our group. 

MtRider  ....and we had another very NICE rain today.  :amen:  ......{sorry CA folks....I'm praying y'all get your share of LOTS OF RAIN too....not in gully-washers either}

• Like 1

It is still dry here. The first time my yard has turned brown. But it was not mowed when it should have been then mowed when it should not have been! That is what comes when I hire someone to mow.

Jeepers thank  you and back to you!!

Mt_Rider if just if I knew then what I know now.... my hip would be fine and well healed. Before the month was up I was walking normally without a cane. Then...

now I walk only with a cane. Hopefully I will get back to normal. 

• Like 2