MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Thanks, y'all.  :grouphug:    Inventory: Slept pretty well.  :amen:   Bruises are getting more colorful.  :rolleyes:   Back is much improved....however all abdominal muscles are rather screaming at me today.  OW!  Where'd that come from?  Hope that's gone before scheduled ride on Saturday.  Took a long nap this afternoon.  Alternating Nuprin and Tylenol....not too much tho.  Save it for sleeping well at nite. 

Tried to keep moving around....slower than normal.  Keep limbered up.  Have appt in town tomorrow....  Thankful I didn't land on my face ...or somewhere that obvious.  STILL annoyed about falling off.  :shakinghead: 

DH's work day.  I managed to do the white load of laundry.  And make spagetti sauce in Instant Pot.  DH's has been using it but I had to get him to tell me how he's done it.  It is quite a nifty device....no extra pots/pans ....except the pasta.  Guess I'll go see how it turned out.... 

MtRider  :feedme: 

• Like 6

I keep remembering little things from last week. 

Just like every place else, there were help wanted signs every place you looked in Indy. I also noticed at every drive thru the weeds have taken over. A couple of places even looked closed. But they weren't. It was the same way in shopping centers around the grassy areas in the parking lots. All full of tall weeds. Nothing earth shattering but very noticeable. I guess landscapers don't want to work either. I passed by a McDonalds and there was a big sign out front offering a $500.00 sign on bonus. At McDonalds!  Lots of kids out of school with time on their hands.  :rolleyes:

I heard on the radio that clothing was going to be in short supply. Especially for back to school. They said that wouldn't ease up until the 2022 back to school year. It was a Chicago station. 

Another thing I ermembered is about a fourth of the people over there were still wearing a mask while shopping.

Crimony, I sound like I was in a foreign country for a year with these updates. It was Indiana Jeepers. Not India.  :24:

Edited by Jeepers
Another Observation
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Jeepers....I took a look at the electric horse machines.  I'd looked years ago but the design is now trimmed down quite a bit.  It's not outside the realm of posibility for me at some point.  Don't want ot invest in that heavy equipment until we get settled eventually [ like Indy, right?] on Maui.  Pay the shipping cost once!  Ouch!  Thanks for the links to the newest models!  

Pauline, yes Rockin' Rider is cute....and talks?  I remember my [much simpler] version of that horse!  There are home movies featuring me on my  "first horse" .  And of course our grandson got a version of rocking horse from Grma/Grpa for 1st Bday. 

MtRider  ..... but...somehow mechanical is not quite the same as riding the CO trails with the real McCoy...  :happy0203:

• Like 5

We ent swimming on Sunday. I slipped and fell exiting the pool.  Contusion all over mface, laceration to my liver.  Its no joke.  Bre careful.  Still at Norfolk Sentara gneral.

20210708_020749.jpg

• Sad 10

Wow, @euphrasyne!  I love swimming but that looks like it was scary!  I hope there are no long lasting repercussions and that you are home and mending soon!  And have help with the baby!

Walked first and walked dogs.
Labeled and put away recently canned goods.
Got tomato cages on tomatoes in lick tubs.
Pruned back some trees in yard.
Will do some eBay photos and then take it easy today.
Company probably coming tomorrow!

• Like 3
On 7/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, Jeepers said:

Vanilla flavored vodka would still be my first choice. But that vanilla burbon sounded sort of...I don't know, refined. They had vanilla, honey, apple, maple and peach. Maybe a splash in some hot coffee or tea for a toddy? Obviously I don't have a clue here. I think I need some recipes. :rolleyes:  

One of my DD's "recipe" ideas. :whistling:

May be an image of drink and indoor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hummm. Peach and sweet tea seems like it would go together nicely! I always have plenty of sweet tea brewed up. I'm thinking another trip to Meijers is in order. I knew I should have bought two vanilla and two peach.  For medicinal purposes only.

However, when the zombie apocalypse hits you are all welcome at my house. I have plenty of beans, rice, toilet paper and booze. Should get us through a couple of weeks.  B.Y.O.S. (Bring your own Spam). 

I see your daughter knows how to intertain in style and in the proper way! Red Solo Cup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That looks bad Euphrasyne.   :pray: in order for you. I pray you will heal fast. That looks like you took a really bad fall. Take it easy and give yourself time to heal up. When you get home, just rest and let others wait on you for a while. 

Been washing clothes and ran to store to pick up a few things. My turn to cook tomorrow for grandkids. Unless we have to postpone it due to weather conditions. Hoping it will be out of here by tomorrow morning.

dusted living room and got that all cleaned up as well as the dining room. Just need to go over the floors. 

That small TV I bought a few weeks ago from HSN on TV is working out great. Cable is already out due to the weather and I can watch TV by way of air though it is a limit on channels. But I got it for emergency use to go with my emergency radio as well. So I now have the best of both worlds. At least I can watch the news on TV now. Tornado watches are everywhere.

• Like 4

Jeepers we must have been typing at same time.  Now I need to go to liquor store. Do I hear  a party in the making. I have lots of bacon spam, and wine. Don't think that would go together though. But the wine is sure good.

• Like 2

@ euphrasyne, :pray:

I jumped in a pool, hit the 9’ bottom anyway….  God willing, you will recover quickly. :sigh:

Mt_Rider, goodness Lady, be careful!  
Jeepers,you always make me smile. :happy0203:

Got a bout of heat exhaustion on the 4th, still trying to recover.  Yikes, it sucks!

Mowed the front lawn, edged & blew it off.  Went to WM, for my list.  No 1/2 gal. or quart jars, 2 cases of wide mouth Kerr lids.  I had other things on my list, got it all.  Baking Soda bags have been replaced, got a 12 lb. bag.  Amen!

Came home, put it all away, did dog duty, set up another sprinkler, hopefully it will water the areas the other sprinklers are missing, & got an extra one for MIL’s back yard.  

Rinsed the Mung beans, for bean sprouts, DH wants my stir fry, but gotta wait til they mature.

Made dig biscuits, DH said I made them too thin.  :rolleyes:  Meh, mixed the batches together, they will live. :whistling:

Time to package their “cookies”, figure out “what’s for dinner “ and crash.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

But the wine is sure good.

DH gets SVT’s from wine. :sigh:  I have to med him & do the arterial rub to get his heart to quit beating over 200 bpm.  <—— not a typo.  :runcirclsmiley2:

• Sad 2

It’s 102 so it’s too hot to move now.... I volunteered at my local animal shelter and walk little dogs...did that early this morning. Right now watching the news about the swarm of earthquakes that hit California. We had blinds moving and the couch jolted but nothing major.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Jeepers said:

However, when the zombie apocalypse hits you are all welcome at my house. I have plenty of beans, rice, toilet paper and booze. Should get us through a couple of weeks.  B.Y.O.S. (Bring your own Spam). 

I have SPAM Jeepers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Got a bout of heat exhaustion on the 4th, still trying to recover.  Yikes, it sucks!

Mowed the front lawn, edged & blew it off.  Went to WM, for my list.  No 1/2 gal. or quart jars, 2 cases of wide mouth Kerr lids.  I had other things on my list, got it all.  Baking Soda bags have been replaced, got a 12 lb. bag.  Amen!

Came home, put it all away, did dog duty, set up another sprinkler, hopefully it will water the areas the other sprinklers are missing, & got an extra one for MIL’s back yard.  

Rinsed the Mung beans, for bean sprouts, DH wants my stir fry, but gotta wait til they mature.

Made dig biscuits, DH said I made them too thin.  :rolleyes:  Meh, mixed the batches together, they will live. :whistling:

Time to package their “cookies”, figure out “what’s for dinner “ and crash.  

Um....Annarchy????  Just where in all that is "RECOVERY FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION" ???  Really lady......right back atcha to BE CAREFUL!  :hug3:   ....and yeah, I really do plan to step up my vigilance while around the horses.  I know they can do anything at anytime.  They are prey and they are herd animals.....meaning if one jumps the others will too....JIC there's a MtLion nearby, right?  :rolleyes:  

Yesterday my abdomen muscles were VERY sore.  I took a good long nap to avoid the pain.  Rest everything!  Felt much better all around today.  Bruises were colorful....and I don't bruise easily.  Surprised they don't hurt more. 

MtRider  .... :offtobed: 

• Like 4

Ach!  Euphrasyne!!!!  Gal that looks SOOOOOOOO painful.  Made me wince just to see the pic.  Glad you didn't knock any teeth loose.  :pray: for you and family while you're RESTING AND TAKING THINGS REAL SLOW!!!  

MtRider  ....Yowch! 

• Like 1

Still in the hospital waiting on the liver bleed to stop.  They are giving me the good drugs. 

Kids dad is driving all the way up to get them today so I will have to give all the way back I 6 weeks.  That is the older 2 gone.

My mom is driving up from MS to help with the baby.  She should be here tomorrow and will stay several weeks

Hopefully I will be out of the hospital soon.   I really did a number on myself.   Knocked out, ambulance ride, ER surgery that lasted over6 hours.  In a week now.  Luckily I have good insurance.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Good insurance is something to be thankful for, especially these days!

Good morning!
Company has to reschedule due to a knee injury yesterday.
So will walk first.
Do some eBay photos for DH and then some eBay drafts to help out.
Later will make the Spaghetti Pie that was for company (plus a small one) and freeze the big one.
There is an Estate sale I might get to.
Put away PC'd milk from yesterday and relax.

• Like 4

Euphrasyne so glad you have good insurance. I continue to work for my good insurance....

Trying to get things done as early as possible. Yesterday was 102, today is supposed to be 106 and tomorrow 113. Deep watering my garden. I can’t deal with this heat. And just tired today. My mom had a bad night last night...called 12 times between 10pm last night and 8 am this morning looking for my stepdad who passed 20 years ago. Sigh.......

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, snapshotmiki said:

Anyone know how and where Ambergris is?  It says she last visited June 23rd

:(     Hope she's okay.

Dogmom..... :hug3:    My mom is getting constant calls like that from my dad somedays.  Especially later..."sundowning".  Other days are okay.  Hang in there.  I KNOW ...  

I feel for ya, Eurphrasyne.  :pray:  for your liver bleed!  I didn't do half of what you did ....aches, etc are improving.  Ride again tomorrow.  Eyes alert and paying attention.  Situational Awareness, indeed!  :rolleyes:  The rest of y'all be CAREFUL out there too!

MtRider  ....and watch the C-R-A-Z-Y HEAT!  :knary: 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Mt_Rider said:

AND.......earthquake in central California.  Anyone here affected?  Dogmom?   Midnight?  ???

MtRider  :pray: for all who now battle heat and :imoksmiley:  6.0  or 5.9  ???

I only knew about them because I read about it online. ;)

• Like 2