MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Walked first this morning and walked dogs.
Helped DH with putting up clothesline.
Raked leaves out of gutter in front of house.
Dug up one last dead rose bush.
Killed ants.
Visited a friend.
Made sugar free pudding.
Thawing hamburger to make meatloaf tomorrow.
Still need to sweep house.
That's enough!

• Like 3

Walked first this morning.
Helped DH with clothesline--now he just needs to tie up the lines.
Cooked bell peppers, onions, turkey sausage and eggs for breakfasts.
Made 3 meatloafs- 1 loaf pan, 1 9X9 pan and one 9X13. Froze two of them and will cook the 9X9 today.
I may do some eBay drafts later.

• Like 3

Daughter came in from N.C. This morning. Her DH ended up having to work so was not able to come down.  She will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. We went out to lunch and then on a half day shopping trip. We did get everything out of the china hutch and got it moved away from wall so they can hopefully get the floor leveled when they do the work under house. It turned out to be only one floor board that had broke. So will have to have that one replaced and floors refinished. I have some things that was in the china hutch to go through for yard sale. Don't think I need all that stuff any longer. She will be coming back in Aug. for granddaughter's wedding and then again in fall to help with yard sale. then my grandson in Washington state said he is coming down in November and leaving on the 20th. Was hoping when he told me he would have been staying until after Thanksgiving. But I know he has to work. He had to take what he could get for vacation this year. 

My house is totally torn up again.  Going to now start looking for contractor for the fireplace, den and bathrooms. Will be glad to get all this behind me and I can do a little traveling and other things I want to do. Need to work on garage so I will have room for the old fridge come October when the new one comes.  I am looking at all the tomatoes all over my kitchen counter. So trip tomorrow to market as it is way to many for me. Daughter took a lot of them and will see if granddaughter wants some when she gets back into town in morning before heading to market. Got a load of cucumbers today also. That was the biggest picking of those so far. More on vines will be ready in a few days. Getting green peppers now as well. Still waiting for the eggplant. Won't be to much longer. 

Starting to worry the bed will not be here before granddaughter in Washington gets here. They said by end of August but haven't heard a word. Might have to call them on Monday. 

Never a dull moment around here these days. Told daughter I am selling the house and moving in with her because things are getting crazy around here when the construction starts. That fireplace is going to be one big mess. But I will be able to use it when done. 

• Like 3

You have plenty going on and coming in, Littlesister!  Try to rest a bit!

This morning, I went to Walmart early for dog food ingredients.
Then Sunday School and Church.
Will thaw meat for the dog food this evening and make it tomorrow evening.
Just taking it easy today!

• Like 3

Miki, I didn't get to go to church this morning with company coming in at times they were here. Daughter just left about 30 minutes ago. We still can't have evening nor Wed. church service yet. We might be starting back in Sunday school in the fall. At least I hope we can. Never know with this Delta mess now. 

Got the appraisal on house. That was a 5 minute walk both inside and outside the house. She put on there no energy efficient anything. Nothing about the new driveway, air condition, nothing that has been done on house in the appraisal. Well the driveway and walkway as well as front porch all new. Roof is a 30 year with 30 weight and not standard 15 weight tar paper under shingles that will increase the 30 years to 40 or more. All appliances are energy efficient and state that. Low flushing toilets are both new and take much less water. Air conditioner is only 2 years old, Boiler for hot water base board heat was change out in 2011 for a much more efficient heating system. She took none of that into account. She based the list price on houses that were no where near this neighborhood.  So will be talking with the loan officer tomorrow morning. If I decide to sell this house one day she will not be the one to appraise it. I will get mine own appraisal. Didn't even take into account that I have a well and whole house generator. My daughter said when they did her house, they were there well over an hour. So a 5 minute appraisal was nothing. Just a waste of my time. 

• Sad 1

Tough day for our family today.  My sister's oldest son was killed in a car accident last night.  He was 54...and so young.  We just hung out at home and I stayed in touch with family.  

• Sad 7
12 minutes ago, The WE2's said:

Tough day for our family today.  My sister's oldest son was killed in a car accident last night.  He was 54...and so young.  We just hung out at home and I stayed in touch with family.  

I am sorry for you loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

:pray: I’m so sorry for your loss.  Will keep you all in my thoughts. :hug3:

This morning walked first and so far that's it.
Going to walk dogs next.
Trying to get a call back from vet to spay a half ferrel cat.
Will do some laundry.

De-flea dogs and wash all blankets and rugs.
Prep meat and veggies for making mass quantities of dog food this evening.
That's about it for today.

• Like 3

My loan for house work came through. Now just waiting. They will start jacking up and repairing the dinning room floor and the front door on the 16th, It will take 3 days to get all that done. As soon as the money from loan is in bank, I will start getting estimates on the fireplace. The guys jacking up the dinning room floor looked at it and said there is no support under the fireplace. They don't do fireplaces so I will be getting those estimates on that. Once I know the price for the fireplace, I will start getting estimates on both bathrooms and other smaller projects I want done. I am thinking about those companies that do kitchen and baths but really want to find a good contractor that can do both fireplace and bathrooms. I have been looking around as I want someone that is with BBB and licensed  and insured. As well does a good job. Seems these days you have to be careful with who you hire. 

• Like 4

Mt. Rider, I am thinking about that. It would be much better than just the wood burning fireplace and more efficient. I know they have the inserts that fit inside the fireplace. But am going to be talking to the guy about that.  

Just got some papers faxed over for the final part of loan. I hope this is it. To much paperwork. I am over paperwork.

• Like 4

I celebrated my 50th birthday today. We went out to eat and everything was so good. While we were there, I remembered that I forgot all about baking my pie for birthday dessert. So, my dessert ended up being M&Ms! I guess we'll have pie tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Walked first this morning and walked dogs.
Started one last load of laundry.
Am in the middle of pressure canning dog food. Already ran two canners--14 quarts and getting ready to start round two.
Not doing much else today--93 out with heat index of 101.

• Like 3

:balloons: Happy Birthday BlessedHomemaker. :balloons:

Went to doctor for physical today.  A1C was high so he is trying me on Trulicity to see how I do. I do like I only take it once a week. And that I can loose up to 30 pounds on this. That would be great.  My Thyroid levels were very low and blood pressure was high which I already was dealing with. As for the corvid vaccine, he said no. I am not to get it due to auto immune disease and he does not trust it.

He did not pressure me on it or nothing, just a do not get it. He will not take it. That is saying something. He said to just be very careful when I go out. So that I can do. As I am already being careful when I go out anyway and with the borders which he is not happy about because he said this is what is causing the cases to rise and the reason we are seeing the virus going up. He did say in our area it has dropped a lot. But still have to be careful with crowds. 

So now I have to get back on track with my health. He said he thought I had let myself go when we talked last.  He talked a bit about DH and what went on with him. He thought that all through going back and forth to phy. therapy, doctors and hospitals, that we did well to stay away from corvid last year. Told him we just followed the protocol for flu season and used mask and washed hands more often and used hand sanitizer a lot. Didn't think there was much more than that we could do. And of course prayed that God would protect us from the virus.  Now I hope to get my energy back up so I am not forcing myself to get things done and just relax a bit more. Though that will take time. He wants me to rest a bit as he said I look very tired. 

So now going to do bills this evening and get them paid off again. Hoping loan will come through soon so I can get things moving and get it all done this year so that I can start a new year to do things I want and maybe some traveling. 

So since it is so hot outside right now, I am going to sit down and read a book. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Littlesister said:

So since it is so hot outside right now, I am going to sit down and read a book. 

Good for you!  We all need to self-assess and make sure we're being reasonably ambitious but age/energy appropriate.  That varies for each of us and will vary at different times in our lives.  

Early morning appointments .....when somehow the alarm didn't wake me...... :gaah:  I should cross those off my list!  :buttercup:   NOT working for me!  But...I did have a short time to go visti my dad afterwards.  :cheer:  

DH helped my mom get to doc appt, also this morning....help her fill out those dratted forms.  THEN we 3 went to lunch.  :happy0203:   THEN I went home and took a nap!!!!

MtRider   :pc_coffee: 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Early morning appointments .....when somehow the alarm didn't wake me...... :gaah:  I should cross those off my list!  :buttercup:   NOT working for me!  But...I did have a short time to go visti my dad afterwards.  :cheer:  

I have 48% hearing loss in one ear and 58% in the other. There is NO way I can hear a conventional alarm clock. But THIS one is loud enough to wake me from a sound(less) ;) sleep. Maybe it will work for your too???

Peakeep 4 inches Twin Bell Alarm Clock with Stereoscopic Dial, Backlight, Battery Operated Loud Alarm Clock (Black)

Model # MHP3122
Capture.JPG.4987d0dbca71c282ba071afc021635ed.JPG

• Like 4

One of my kids is hearing impaired--moderately on one side, severely on the other.   I find the loud alarm clocks with vibration work well.  There is a part that goes under your pillow and shakes you to wake you up.   Sort of like the one below:

Amazon.com: Super Loud Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker for Heavy Sleeper, Dual Vibrating Alarm Clock with USB Charger for Hearing-impaired Deaf, 7.5’’ Large Display with Dimmer, Snooze, 12/24H & Battery Backup: Electronics

• Like 4

euphrasyne, How are you doing now?  Hoping you are healing good. Still praying for your recovery. :pray:  Glad to see you are able to get on here once in a while. That seems to say you are feeling better.

• Like 4