MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

MtRider - 2 weeks ago, DH graciously shared his cold with me. Men aren't too careful when they hack all over the house. Thankfully, I was able to keep mama from getting it. With her COPD, it probably would have her singing angelic songs in no time. Then they would have blamed it on C Vid.

Yesterday, I went down to the VA hospital ER and had them check out a deer tick wound. Came back with a diagnosis of Lymes Disease and a bottle of antibiotics. Will have to drink lots more smoothies and eat pounds of yogurt in the next 2 weeks.    :whistling:

• Sad 5

Ack!  :pray:   Pray your "Lymes Disease" is the short version and not the chronic version.  I have several friends with the long, forever version.  But of course that's another of those medical secrets.  Just.....be faithful in getting rid of it.  {yeah....I know the aftermath of antibiotics can be rough too if one isn't proactive. }

I'm eating ramen with GINGER and GARLIC .....onions, mushrooms too.  :unsure:  ..... :scratchhead:    ......  I couldn't really taste either.  I could smell the ginger.  I kept putting in more...only 2 cups of water.  DH tried some and broke out in a sweat....which was kinda my goal.  I didn't achieve that tho.  Didn't even taste hot-spicy.  Um...... ????????????

Can you pray that I merely have a summer cold......and for my MO friend's son Matt who had an acid spray into his eyes at work yesterday....it got around the safety glasses.

MtRider   :pray: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Still working our tails off!  But...we're just about ready to move our mattress over to the homestead.  When we do we'll not have internet for ???? Yesterday I sat in my rocker and he sat on the loveseat, and we laughed about how it really would not bother us too much to not have internet for a bit.  We have tons of DVD's, VCR's, several boom box's to play music, a whole library upstairs and are loading our lovely bookshelves in the livingroom with the books we want to have handy.  Not to mention a lot of work still to do!

He still needs to hang me some clotheslines so I can hang my laundry out...I'll still need to wash them here at the little house.  But it will be much easier to work there and come here when we need to.  Our Abby-girl is loving the hardwood floors and room to really stretch out, not to mention a big yard to romp in and a wrap around porch to lay on "when she wants to". 

Losing my nephew so unexpectedly is still very hard.  He loved the Lord, but was in so much pain from a severe back injury a couple of years ago, that he had been asking God to relieve him of the pain.  The autopsy hasn't been completed yet, so it will be up to my sis to reveal whatever she decides.  I'm okay with that.

My own son is doing "okay" as far as health.  He does have a lovely woman friend, so I'm praying it works out for both of them.  She's a Christian as well and son believes she's the one he's been asking God for.

Our health is good.  We are doing what we need to do to keep our body's strong.  We listened to an Epedimiologist (?) and are following what he says...enough said.  

We do not wear masks (unless a store requires it...and if necessary...shop somewhere else) and don't intend to.  Let them call us what they want.  

• Like 6

DD came in last night and SIL was stuck on I-95. Camper blew a tire and did damage to skirt of camper. Seems he never checked the tires and they were dry rotten. So he is still trying to get here. Was waiting on side of road for someone to come help him get tire changed. So before they go home next weekend they will be buying new tires all the way around for camper. DD is mad as she kept trying to tell him and he didn't do anything. Price you pay for not listening to your wife. But at least he is ok. That is the main thing.  Rest of kids will be here tonight. 

I have a small break till the others get here. 

Went to breakfast with DD and GD. Then we went shopping for things for wedding she needed. Came home and DD and GD went back to apt. waiting for SIL to come in and then off to airport this evening and back to my house as the ones from Washington will be staying with me. 

• Like 4

:pray:  for WE2s as they continue this big move.  For strength and wisdom .....and that they can remember where they put everything!  :lol:  

:pray: for LittleSister's whole family....safe travels and that the wedding will be a great time for all. 

:pray:  for Homesteader  .....how're you doing? 

I was hoping to get over this 'bug' but doesn't seem like I'll be able to ride on Tues.  My muscles/hips have begun to be a bit achy during the night.  That's what the horse riding cures...temporarily.  I just ate the spiced up ramen and .....ok, this time it heated me up.  :unsure:   Is that a good sign?  Feels more rotten but if it's the path to health....  :thumbs:  :knary:   :thumbs:  

MtRider  ....think I see a nap coming on....  :offtobed: 

• Like 3

Son in Law still not here. He had another blow out on camper. So he has been trying to find a place to get all new tires before coming in. Haven't heard anything more yet, so hoping he found a place that has what he needs. And he still has to buy a suit and the wedding is Thursday. Granddaughter coming in from Washington had 2 lay overs with the longest one ever in Chicago. So she will be here later than thought. Should be at my house around 10 or 10:30 tonight if not later. 

Finished getting all the canned foods off the shelves for them to come next week to jack the floor up as well as everything is now off the fireplace mantel. I thought DH had cleaned it out after we had the last fire a about 3 or 4 years ago. So I need to get that done as well. Will see how tomorrow goes as granddaughter 2 was going to pick me and granddaughter 1 up to go to campground but that got put on back burner. She and her boyfriend have to go meet some of his family that is coming in to town tomorrow for wedding.

Mt. Rider, thank you for the thoughts and prayers for this wedding to go well and for the safe travels for everyone. It has been a crazy day today. But for me things have settled down till granddaughter 1 gets here and maybe DD and SIL might be staying here tonight as well. 

• Like 2
On 8/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, Littlesister said:

Seems he never checked the tires and they were dry rotten. So he is still trying to get here. Was waiting on side of road for someone to come help him get tire changed. So before they go home next weekend they will be buying new tires all the way around for camper. DD is mad as she kept trying to tell him and he didn't do anything. Price you pay for not listening to your wife.

19 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Son in Law still not here. He had another blow out on camper. So he has been trying to find a place to get all new tires before coming in

I shouldn't.......but.....I can't help it!   :24:    Not all guys do this.....but we all know enough of them who do!!!!!!   SOOOOO.....when something happens to prove THE WIFE'S POINT.......  :008Laughing:

MtRider  :whistling:       .....but I'm still praying he gets those tires and gets to your house SAFE!  :pray:  Along with everyone else traveling.  :pray:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Will walk first and walk dogs. Pay water bill while on walk and get salad mix at Dollar General.
Already started laundry.
Will PC chocolate milk in early afternoon.
Missing my family who left yesterday afternoon!

Will still have to come back later and catch up!

• Like 3

Rain! Glorious rain! Nice soaking rain, from about 6a. to 11:30. :amen:

Of course, I didn’t get much done outside, except one load of laundry, and emptying anything that collects water,  but, it was so very wonderful!  Everything smells so fresh outside.

Made brisket, from 8/2020 for dinner, homemade mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts for dinner.  

Dogs are not pleased they can’t play in the mud.  Lol

Here’s Gunny, being a beggar, from DH’s plate….

976555EC-6E36-43F2-A001-CC0503A89CDC.jpeg

And Storm, just waiting for me to move…. He’s my “Velcro” tail.  Lol

3F66F294-0BC7-457B-AE3F-F5A519D77ECF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Awwww......  Cute pups!   :wub:   

Glad you got rain!!!  Hope rain puts the CA fires out cuz we're not happy about importing the smoke.  But.....we are all so grateful that it's not OUR smoke.  :amen:   And :pray:  for everyone around the wildfires!!!!!  :(  

:amen:   also ......cuz I don't feel sick today!  :balloons:    Whew.....  I am hoping to get more stamina and ride on Thursday.  I haven't heard back from the ranch as to if that works for them.  I canceled today to give me more time to get "normalized" .  But I didn't feel that heavy fatigue today....or any other symptom!  Not even low-grade fever.  :fever:    :amen:  

MtRider   ....gotta give the laptop back to DH.  I've been hogging it for a while.  :pc_coffee:

• Like 3

I recognize that "fine china!" However, mine came in a different pattern. :24:

15 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Here’s Gunny, being a beggar, from DH’s plate….

976555EC-6E36-43F2-A001-CC0503A89CDC.jpeg

And Storm, just waiting for me to move…. He’s my “Velcro” tail.  Lol

3F66F294-0BC7-457B-AE3F-F5A519D77ECF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Walked first this morning and then looked for recipes to use up the 6 gallons of figs in my freezer.
Had to buy gas and it is up to 2.89 a gal here.
Went to Walmart for a few fresh items and then thrift shops.
Don't have much scheduled for this afternoon.
Church at 6:30

Only got 5 quarts of chocolate milk yesterday as one jar broke in the PC.  It's on sale again this week for $1 a half gallon so I may get more on Monday.

• Like 3

I just saw this thread....this may help keep me accountable! One can hope, eh? I'll try! :) I'll have to post ahead of time, as I don't always have time to get online here in the morning.

Some general idea for tomorrow:  Breakfast for the kids. Go to one of the towns nearby to listen to a presentation on WW2, thrift shop, farmer's market?, and in there somewhere keep kitchen clean, laundry, meals....

• Like 3

That is how I use it, Joyfilled.  

Walked first and walked dogs.
Researched what new (to me) smartphone to order in my price range and ordered it from eBay. It's new but open box.
Next eBay photos for DH.
Sweep house.
Cut up carrots (food processor) and cheese tidbits for dogs.
Make jello.
Rest.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

That is how I use it, Joyfilled.  

Walked first and walked dogs.
Researched what new (to me) smartphone to order in my price range and ordered it from eBay. It's new but open box.
Next eBay photos for DH.
Sweep house.
Cut up carrots (food processor) and cheese tidbits for dogs.
Make jello.
Rest.

Your John 14:27 verse was refreshing to see just now, thank you!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For tomorrow:

Laundry

Take food downstairs

Keep kitchen clean

Sweep kitchen

Get ready for Mom to come

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!! :)

• Like 4

Well, it has been a busy few days. Son in Law did make it here. He had to buy 2 tires that were to small to get him here, but on Monday he had to take all tires off camper and trade them in, He was parked at campground. He was able to trade the 2 tires he bought that were to small and get all new ones the right size at a different location.  GD and I went to campground on Tuesday and spend the day, while SIL put the 4 tires on camper. Camper had been up on jacks since Monday.  But all done and yes damage to camper to repair. The 2 blowouts tore the skirt off both sides of camper and damage under camper. Main thing is he got here safe. 

Granddaughter 2 got married today.  The wedding was great and everyone had a great time. So they are now off on their honeymoon.  Granddaughter 1 went back with her mom and dad to campsite this evening to stay the night with them. She needs to spend time with them as she has been here since Sunday evening. She heads back to Washington State tomorrow night. I have really enjoyed her being here as we don't get to see her much with them on west coast and us on east coast.  She is talking about them moving back here one day after her DH gets out of military. He is back and forth right now rather he wants to stay in for the full 20 years or get out in 3 years when he has to rein list. I'm thinking he will stay the full 20. 

My housework is so far behind and now I have tubs of stuff in garage from the wedding. Lots of vases full of live flowers. Will take care of them tomorrow as we didn't get home from wedding till after 9pm and I had to fix the cake topper for the freezer. That is the forth  one I had to do. First mine and Dh's wedding, then daughter and her DH, then granddaughter 1 and now granddaughter 2.  They pull it out of freezer on their first anniversary and eat it. 

Tomorrow, I will be cleaning house and moving lots of boxes and flowers around. 

• Like 4

Yay!  I got to ride today.  HOWEVER.....  {have you ever seen things go normally for me???}  :rolleyes:    We were on highway about half mile from the ranch when we were stopped.  BIG long line of cars from the other direction stopped.  Cars on our side would pull up to the Flagman Cop and then turn around.  Accident and cop told us it would be shut down for about an hour.....there is no alternate route to the other side.  [Colorado mountains.....not the plains of the midwest.]  So we head back and pick up my mom.  Dropped her off at her grocery store.  Meanwhile I'm on the cell with the ranch.  She's getting text msgs from the other family on this ride.  They got thru so DH drove back up there and yes, it had been cleared in both directions. 

So......despite delay, I DID get to ride today.  :amen:  Nice ride.  No rain and not too hot.  But I wore N95 mask the whole time.  WAY too much soot/ash in the air.  :yuk:   DH went grocery shopping for us and gave my mom a ride back to her house.  Got her groceries up stairs and put away.  Then picked me up.  I wasn't too tired after the ride.  Did use their restroom to wipe DUST off my face, arms, legs.  I'd have needed the N95 for the dust even if CA hadn't sent us their smoke residue.  Got our groceries and stuff hauled up the pulley and put away.  Ate from the half of the roasted chicken my mom sent home with us.  [from her grocery store].  I did get kinda tired after that so played on computer and did Hawai'ian.  Before dusk, DH and I took Koa to run along the car on a dead-end road near us.  Then Koa and I walked part of the way back to car....rode up the driveway hill.  It's been a productive day despite DUST, Heat, SOOT/ASH, vehicle accident.......  :sassing:  

MtRider  ..... horse effect lasted for over a week.  :amen:  

• Like 4

Sheesh, it's been forever since I've been in here. I've just been busy. By the time I do the other forums I'm out of time. Sorry. I'll never catch up so I'll start anew.

I went to Lehman's Wednesday and got a set of Berkey water filters. Dang those things are expensive. Luckily Wednesday is senior citizen discount day and I got 15% off. I just happened to see the sign. I went to a bulk food store for some more vanilla almond granola to seal up. 

Two buckets of Augason farms wheat I ordered from Wal-Mart came Wednesday too. Only took two days to get here and a lot cheaper than Amazon and even cheaper than the Augason Farms website.

Today I went to Sam's Club. They were very well stocked. Lots of cleaning supplies and paper products. The only thing I couldn't find was angel hair pasta and those corkscrew pasta things. Can't think of the name of them. Might start with an R. Not rigatoni. Sigh. I got a bunch of macaroni to seal up though. They only had Spam lite sodium so I passed on that. They didn't have a lot of meat but what they had looked very good. I got a box of garbage bags. Oh, and I couldn't find any big jugs of liquid soap. 

I stopped in at Dollar Tree. I was looking for that Splash drink I like. They still don't have any more. Infact, their juice aisle was very low. I picked up a couple cartons of their shelf stable milk and four little bottles of bleach. They had little bottles of A-1 and Heinz 57 sauce. Just a good size for a couple of steaks or some chops. I like the 57 on chops. Got six of each. 

I ended up at the grocery store. I got some dried mashed potatoes to seal up and store away. I made sure to get the kind that doesn't have any butter or oil in them. Hope they will stay fresh longer. They had a few cans of Spam so got I four cans of the regular stuff. I think I have six cans of regular and six cans of bacon flavor. That's all I'm buying of Spam. The shelves are starting to look thin again. About six 20 pound bags of rice left. The beans were nearly gone. There were about thirty 1 pound bags left and they were lentils, black eyed peas and a few lima beans. No soup, red, kidney or black beans at all. Hopefully that means people are stocking up. 

The weather finally started heating up today. I don't like it. There was a nice breeze blowing but it was just hot air. I think that made it worse. I'm glad to be home in front of the fan. I plan to stay inside this weekend. It's going to take me all weekend to unload the Jeep and figure out where to put it all. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Aaaaugh!  What a MONTH we're having!  :gaah:   Now DH is sick....had a bad night last nite.  Slept off and on today.  Snoring now for the night.  His usual stiff neck, headache, small fever......  Sick!  :fever:   AND we had waited ....didn't get near my mom last week.  My last day to feel sick was Sunday.  DH didn't feel sick until last night AFTER HE DROVE MY MOM TO GROCERY YESTERDAY.....picked her up and hauled groceries up to the kitchen too.  :pray:  Please pray she doesn't get sick.  

Tonite.....I have a sore throat.   :gaah:   I didn't have a sore throat last week!   It wasn't one of my [fairly mild] symptoms!   :scratchhead:   ......we are wondering if my new problem might be due to the air quality.....but I wore an N95 mask when I rode!  And close-fitting sunglasses.    

My mom took Sr van over to see my dad this afternoon.....and they wanted to take him to hospital for CAT scan....and talked about surgery....   WHAT?   She tried calling Bro but he had been called out of work cuz .......there was a boat sinking at his boat club.  He lives on his boat and fortunately  :amen:   it wasn't his.  He thot it was.  So while trying to refloat the sinking boat, he wasn't answering calls from my dad's phone.  But he answered my call after my mom asked me to try to get him. 

Told him he needs to get in touch quick....new medical issue and it's not clear.  He called me back to update me quickly....others still trying to float the boat.  He'd talked to the nurse and it's not that immediate.  But he told me to call our mom back on the phone in my dad's room.  Did that and told her she should catch her van ride home.  Care home needs to take care of running him over for CT scan.  She agreed and I got on phone with my dad as she ran out to catch her ride home.  Assured my dad that the staff would come to get him when it's time.  He was getting confused by her rush out the door but he was okay after talking to me.  I hope....?  He'd already told her:  Why would I have surgery at my age?  Good point....depending on WHAT we're talking about. 

At this point, we still don't know.   But it didn't sound nearly so dire and immediate as when my mom first heard it.  :pray:  Bro and friends got that boat afloat again.  :thumbs:  

MtRider  ....sipping lemon juice + honey + raw ginger.  Makes throat feel better.   Canceled horse ride tomorrow.   :shrug:  

• Sad 4

I am recovering slowly but surely.  I have a huge bump and bruise on my inside left shin that is extremely sore.  I had lots of bruises from the accident, but this one seems to be taking longer to heal.  

Tuesday my mother called and said her husband got Covid at work and gave it to her after she went home to MS.  They had both been vaccinated.   That evening, my ex in AR called to tell me his wife has Covid.  She had been vaccinated.  

Wednesday, husband shows up home early and says a) they are moving half his department elsewhere at work but he is probably safe where he is and b) his mom called to come get her from hospital.  DH's uncle had a seizure and fell out of wheelchair bonking his head.  Ambulance called and MIL drove up there.   While at hospital, she had low blood pressure and had to be treated.  We had to go get them and drive their car to their apartment.  I'm not supposed to be driving right now, but I drove her car while DH took them in the van.  It took an  hour to wait for them to be released and we waited in the van with the AC on b/c it was 95F out.  After we got back home, we found the house AC had gone out entirely.   

Thursday I waited all day for the AC repair guy to show up.  He ran late and didn't come until after 4.  It was 95F again and the baby and I were miserable.  AC repair bill to go along with the medical bills.

Friday my ex texted to tell me that my DD13 has covid.  She had not been vaccinated.  They are supposed to come home next weekend, but because of this they are pushing it back a week and won't be home till at least the weekend after.  School starts on the 7th and I will only have 1 week to get them ready.   

Add in all the medical and political mess going on and DH thinks we are going to war with China.  The crazy DOES NOT END.   All I want is a day of peace.   

• Sad 6