MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

2 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Anyone know how and where Ambergris is?  It says she last visited June 23rd.  Inquiring minds want to know!  Mainly me.

I was wondering about her too. I know she wasn't feeling well and was concerned about how to handle her job this summer with her aches and pains sitting down and consentration issues. I'm not spreading personal information. Just what she has shared here. I hope she wasn't bothered by Hurricane Elsa too!

You are very much missed and loved here Amber.  :hug3:

• Like 8

That is a good question.  Ambergris, hope to see you back on here soon.  praying you are doing ok and just been busy. I know you have had a struggle with your job. But hope all is well. 

Hope and pray everyone is doing ok with all the mess that has been going on weather wise.  We did fine in the hurricane though it was more a tropical storm for us. Still lots of rain and wind.  And yes I heard about the earthquake also in CA. But no news if anyone was injured. 

Worked on going through craft things and getting things organized. Cleaned kitchen and mopped floor. Cooked dinner for grandkids this evening and future grandson in law set up the new Wi Fi. Still working on the new computer getting it set up. 

Trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy the new den furniture since it is taken months for delivery. 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy the new den furniture since it is taken months for delivery.

I'm betting that the price won't go down anytime soon!  If it was me, I would get it now if I could afford it.

Walked first this morning and walked dogs.
Made pudding for DH.
I was going to dig up some dead rose bushes but it just started raining, so that will wait.
Will do eBay drafts in a bit.
Maybe hit an Estate sale a bit later.

• Like 5

I agree Miki. I don't think prices are going down anytime soon. It might be worth the trade off. Pay a little extra now to get it in your lifetime. 

It's a slow day for me. I have a nasty migraine. It's my own fault though. Self induced. I was listening to loud music before bed last night. And worse, I was watching Youtubes. It sort of snowballed and I got sucked down in the rabbit hole. I know better but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do sometimes. No sympathy. It was worth it. I don't think the Stones will have another concert in my lifetime. Covid and age. H3ll, Keith and Mick are both 77 years old. I might get a tramp stamp for my 70th. birthday. If it just wasn't for the pain. Maybe on the shoulder/back where it's meatier. At least at my age, I won't have to live with it long. Always looking on the bright side!  :008Laughing:

• Like 6
On 7/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, Mt_Rider said:

AND.......earthquake in central California.  Anyone here affected?  Dogmom?   Midnight?  ???

MtRider  :pray: for all who now battle heat and :imoksmiley:  6.0  or 5.9  ???

Our blinds rocked back and forth and the couch jolted. My daughter called and said her apartment building was swaying and folks I know had waves in their pools. No damage near us though.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Little sister, I would order now just because it might take a long time for delivery. I had to order a new recliner for my mom last summer...ordered in August and it didn’t come until end of November. Furniture store said they were having a lot of issues getting things delivered.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

We had a very small earthquake one county over yesterday.  This happens every so often here in the Ozarks, and further north, covering the New Madrid quake area of many years ago.  They do warn there could be another very large one some of these days.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Trying to get used to a new lap top. can't seem to make the ajustments like iI need. Guess it will just take some getting used to.

All of you are right about the furniture. Bed is coming early and had no issues getting the mattresses in. But the dressers and desk won't be here till November. 

Next week I will be going to the bank to get all that straight and then to home depot.  Guess on one of those days I will be going ahead and looking at den furniture. So first stop will be Lazy boy furniture store. There are a  lot of furniture stores in Newport News and Hampton, so will just make a trip to those stores. I have no idea what I want bur I will figure it out.  

Didn't do a whole lot today. Just could not sleep last night. I never even went to bed.  Did take a 2 hour nap today. Hoping to be able to sleep tonight. Going to have to start back now taken something to help me sleep.  Did some more dusting and cleaned up in kitchen. Been watching HGTV for most of the day. What can I say, I love home town. 

I heard about the earthquakes in CA. Hope and pray everyone is ok. Haven't heard much on the news on it. 

• Like 7

Rode again today.....with no trauma/drama incidents.  :rolleyes:   Apparently Magic suddenly backed into my horse ....who bolted a few steps suddenly.  Or that's what L and R thot happened.  Totally took all of us by surprise!  I'm really sore tonite tho....hour ride only a few days after .  :shrug:   Needed the neurological input tho.  I was back on my big Tank.  His gait always wears me out.  Building up more stamina and core muscle strength.  

DH and I are settling into the new routine with him gone to work MWF.  I'm able [finally] to pick up more around here:  supper, laundry, vacuum....   I feel like I'm becoming myself again.  :) 

Did I mention we'd seen our first bear in about 3 yrs?  A ways down the road tho.  As long as I don't see/hear MtLion....  :behindsofa:   They scare me!

Hope you get some sleep, Little Sister! 

Earthquake for Virginia ....hope New Madrid never goes off!  I was in small BUMP type at Darlene's house in N. Georgia.  That was weird.  Also in IA, Maui, and yes, here in CO.   Never anything big.  Glad you had no damage in CA, Dogmom. 

MtRider  ....looking forward to bedtime...  whew!

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 7

Yesterday-(Sunday), was an offline day. Went to Sunday School and Church.
Then storms and lightening (boomers, according to Oreo) most of the day. I try to stay off electronics and nothing plugged in.
Watched a couple of movies and some series on Netflix.

Today, walked first and walked dogs before rain started.
Doing laundry.
Will cook sausage and bell peppers w/ onions for breakfasts.
Take eBay photos.
Maybe do some drafts, too (eBay).

• Like 5

Need to take new laptop back to best buy. Microsoft did an update and now it is messed up. Had to figure out how to sign in on this one as that changed along with other stuff. Need to go out that way anyway, so will be going to best buy to let them figure out the issues. And to make matters worse, They are coming out with windows 11 now. I just bought a windows 10. So here we go again. 

Took cherry tomatoes to the market today and some roma tomatoes as well. I thought about canning the romas but have been tired past few days, and it wasn't a whole lot of them anyway. Did ok. Got $36.35 for them. I am sure I will be selling more of them later. But the romas are now starting to ripen almost at the same time. I will be canning those this time. Will be picking again early tomorrow morning. 

Been a slow and hot day today so haven't done a lot today. Cleaned kitchen, went to market to sell the tomatoes and came home. Got out an envelope and wrote garden money on it and put the money from tomatoes in it and put away. That money from what I sell will be for next years garden. Going to set up raised beds next year. 

Shoulder is killing me today. Don't know what I did unless it is coming from my neck. This is the worst it has hurt in a long time. Just hope I haven't torn something in there from the lifting I have been doing. I can barely lift it up over head. Heating pad is going to be on it shortly. 

• Like 4

Littlesister, we sound a lot alike in our journey. I'm going to be needing furniture soon too. I'm just waiting until I can get the house painted before I move big stuff in. It is cheaper if you don't have to pay them to move furniture around. All I have there is my bedroom and a dinning room table. Plus the toy room furniture which I could move myself.  I'm also waiting for paint before I get a box springs so it won't have to be moved. They are heavy and awkward and my top mattress is pretty light weight. My first stop will be Lazy Boy too. Home Depot and Menards is on my list for the next time I go over. I need toilets, faucets, a bathroom sink and some more lights. Maybe a couple of new ceiling fans. I can easily store the stuff in the second garage until I use it. I'm taking my own advice and getting stuff while I can still get it and before it goes up in price anymore. I've been saving up for the things so it won't hurt me too bad. Except for the paint job. That will be a killer. But I can't do the vaulted ceilings and walls. They are probably 10-12 feet high. What ever is standard for vaulted ceilings. Plus two of the bedrooms have a tray ceiling and one room has a nook like thing going across one of the walls. Kind of like a ledge or shelf set up. Totally inaccessible and probably just a dust catcher. Only about two feet tall so not much use for anything.

HGTV is my favorite channel too. That and DIY. I like Renovation Realities. Especially the older ones. Having said that I haven't had the TV on since April of 2020. I'll bet I have tons of Renovation Realities and Hoarders recorded. Another rabbit hole to get lost in. :sigh:

I'm also having computer problems. I heard about Windows 11. After Windows 10 they said there would be no more Windows numbers. Just keep updating Windows 10. Liars. I have lost Word. You know when you right click on your desktop and it asks you if you want to open a new Power Point, Excel, Text Document or a Word Document? Mine no longer gives Word as an option. I have tons of Word Documents and use them a lot. Now all of my Word Doc. have an x on them. Like 'DOCX' There is a Rich Text option but it isn't the same. I WANT MY WORD DOCUMENTS BACK. I paid for them when I bought Office.

Miki, I like the idea of an offline day. 

• Like 4

Hot and humid here.  105+. Dust storms ravaging, with light sprinkles, covering everything in mud.

Arthritis is screaming at me but, you know, gotta do what we gotta do.  Cut down an Hawthorn bush, because it was in the way of a new sprinkler I set up.  DH seeded & fertilized the back lawn, hopefully, we can get the dogs from tearing it up, and have a nice back lawn.  God willing.

His son is coming to spend the night & day, his B-day, and combine it with mine. We are thinking of taking the dogs,  his too, to the lake.  

Prepping to go to TX next week.  Need to do some work in mom’s yard, need to make bean soup, and a few, 2 tbs. of meals for her.  So little time….

• Like 5

I stopped in Meijers tonight. I needed some watermelon. They are much closer to me than Wal-Mart and they stay open until midnight. They have all sorts of sizes of Ball canning jars now. Even quarts and half gallons. They have lots of lids with the bands. But not just the lids. I didn't check the prices because I wouldn't remember anyway and I didn't have a pencil and paper handy. And to be even more honest, since I wasn't buying any, I didn't think to look. 

Our weather is still strange for mid July. We barely get up to 80's. Today it was 75 and next Thursday the high is supposed to be 77. A couple of low 80's the rest of the days this week. Rain about every three days. It's like it's still spring here. Look out August? 

Prayers for all of our western friends and family as they battle heat and fires.  :grouphug:

• Like 4

Jeepers,  it was on news today about the prices of everything going up. They were talking about the chips again with the cars, washers, dryers, fridges, and of course gas and food. Going tomorrow to bank to get the home equity loan in order. 

Don't have to paint the house thank goodness, but do have a patch job in master bedroom that I can do myself. Just have to go buy a sample of the paint color. Have to fill in the holes where the old TV was in there.  We had that one on wall.  The new one is not going on wall. As far as I know now, I only need new den furniture. Might look into a small kitchen island that's on wheels so I can move it when I need to. It would be great extra counter space when I am canning. 

I am still back and forth about moving to N.C. I want to get out of the rat race I live in now, but just have no idea of where I want to move if I make that decision. I have been praying about it but the Lord hasn't given me that answer yet. It will come in his timing. So in the mean time, I am just going to keep down sizing and getting rid of stuff and get the house like I want it and the repairs made. Then I can sit back and see what life brings. 

• Like 3

Almost forgot. Does anyone know if Annarchy lives in CA or CO where the fires are. I am sure there are other states as well. But those two I saw on TV and it was bad. I do hope and pray she is ok. Keeping her and everyone else is in my :pray:.  Seems my prayer list is getting longer and longer. Not just for those going through so much on here but my friends and church members as well. 

• Like 4

Just take your time in making such an important decision. Moving is tough. And make sure where ever you go you will be happy if your  family there up and moves away again. Happened to me with my son. I thought we were all settled down when he moved back to Indiana. Ex pulled a no show too. Just something to think about.

Annarchy lives in Arizona.

• Like 4

Already walked and walked dogs.
Called groomer for Peanut--no answer, so left message.
Called cable company to change plans--they are not taking calls at this time--and their website won't come up at all. Sigh. We are getting rid of cable and getting unlimited internet. Should save about $100 a month. It's a shame the way they treat long term customers!
Going out to dig up dead roses in a few minutes.

• Like 4

Miki, I know what you mean about cable. That is on my list to make some changes. They have raised their prices 3 times within one year. So it is coming. 

Jeepers, you are right about taken my time about moving. It will be at least a couple of years before I make that decision. It is going to be a tough call.

Got up really early this morning and went out and picked tomatoes again. Then came in got shower ate breakfast and went to bank for the home equity loan and then to home depot. Got the sample of paint and things I needed to fill the holes in wall from the old TV. I was looking at refrigerators. The prices are crazy high. 

well over $2000. Much more than I want to pay and the lady said prices are going up higher if you can get one later. All those smart refrigerators, they cannot get the chips for them. I don't need a smart fridge that needs a chip. So I found one that is freezer on top which I like better as I have the french one with freezer on bottom and I hate it. Plus, the plastic parts are breaking inside. It is an LG which I have had enough of china stuff. It does not hold up that well. Though it is still working, it is now going to the garage and I bought a new one with freezer on top. for still on sale from 4th of July sales. $888.  The freezer you can change over to a refrigerator or just use it as a freezer.  That might be a nice.  Though as a refrigerator the ice maker will not work till it is turned back to freezer status. No smart anything on it. Don't like the side by sides either as I had one of those years ago and it was a nightmare trying to get things in or out of it. Freezer was way to small. It won't be here till October, but that is fine as I need to clear out the garage and decide where out there I want to put it. Was not looking to buy one, but knowing how old mine is and has issues with plastic parts breaking off like on the drawers and such. I was going to bite the bullet and get a new one now before the prices go up even higher. Guess you could add that to keeping your head above inflation and getting one while I still can. I still remember what happened with the freezers. Couldn't find one for a long time and there were no freezers in home depot to be found this morning. So thinking they are still hard to find. 

• Like 3

As for paint samples, if you go to Sherwin Williams you can get what is called a Fan Deck. It has all the colors of paint they carry. Very handy. You don't have to use their paint but you can choose a color you like from it and any paint store can match it.  BUT...

A Word Of Warning!  

Don't pay for it. This winter I went into one of their stores and told them I have a big paint job to do and needed a fan deck for a color palette. Which is the truth. I asked for one of their fan decks. They gave me one free. A friend of mine did the same thing years ago and they charged her $5.00 which is well worth it. IMO. I think different stores set their own prices. I went in to an older one. They are huge. Nearly a foot long and about 3 inches wide. OR...

You can order one online fo $40.00!  :0327: 

Don't do that!

Sherwin Williams Colors collection Deck Complete Paint Colors - - Amazon.com

• Like 3

That is good to know Jeepers. This is just a sample which is enough to fix and paint some screw holes where I took the old TV down. Not going to paint the whole room. Just a patch job. But I will be checking that out next time I need to paint a room or the whole house. I know when I start work on the fireplace, I will need to paint as I will be having to remove the old paneling and put up drywall. Not a lot of fun, but need to get it done. Working on the home equity loan now. 

• Like 4
On 7/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, Jeepers said:

Annarchy lives in Arizona.

Yup… in the middle of the flat desert.  Rain goes around us, we get high temperatures, dust storms, wind, and watch the clouds, swirling around the mountains, while enduring the humidity.  Normally, it’s late Aug. before the monsoons hit.  As for the fires, praise God most are in the mountains.  We live in a town, county seat, with a plethora of farmers fields, surrounding us.  Cotton, alfalfa, and such.  Mostly, protected, thank God!  

When we flooded, from an abundance of rain, 40+ years ago, the water actually stopped, a block away from our house.  I-10 from NM to CA, was routed through our little town, because it was the only bridge that didn’t wash out.  

Had to sweep the back porch off, from pine needles and dirt, pick up garbage that blew in, the porch swing, almost flipped over, moving it several feet from its normal place.  Swept the house, collecting dog hair-it’s an everyday thing now.  Poor Storm, he hasn’t adapted from KY weather to AZ heat, yet…. I brush him, & he ‘poofs’ more shedding hair.  He always wants to play in the sprinkles, but, he has his, he can maul all he wants… note to self… buy another hose.  :008Laughing:

• Like 4

Wow....lots of busy ladies here!  Hope all your projects and plans go smoothly. 

Y'all are just NOT GONNA BELIEVE what happened while I was riding today.  Nothing unusual happened on the ride on Saturday....except all my core torso muscles were still sore and weak.  Was exhausted after the ride.  Ole Tank really gives me a workout.  Strong motion with his big tall self!  It's good tho....the next phase of my physical therapy. 

However today we're going along like normal when suddenly, Tank stumbled or slid on a larger stone.  Size of a small muskmelon.  We're the Rocky Mts y'know and the horses are used to the rough trails.  But somehow he stumbled on his right fore leg....and it buckled!  Suddenly he was down on both front knees!!!!!!!  :o   I watched amazed about 20 yrs ago when my then-ten- year old niece rode her horse down to a kneeling stumble and rode him back up to standing again!  I've never had it happen.

But since the last misfortune on O.  ....I've upped my game.  Paying attention!  So when Tank went down, I lurched forward too but had my feet firmly in the stirrups!!  I also had my hand on the saddle horn to brace.  I was able to lean back to take some weight off him.....and he gave a might heave....and got back on all four feet again.  Whew!

I squawked when he went down and the two people in front of me turned around to see that.  Since I was riding tail-end of 7 riders, R was way over the next hill in the lead and didn't see it.  When the trail doubled back to he was even with me but up the hill, I called up to him.  "Check Tank's knees.  I can't see if he cut them."  He said they looked ok.  He wasn't limping.  

When I first felt him buckle and lurched forward I was thinking:  NOOOOOO.....NOT AGAIN!   :blink:   Thot I was taking a header again.. ...forward this time.  :faint3:  Thank YOU, God!  :amen:  

MtRider  .....and we got a bit of gully-washing rainfall at home but just a bit of rain on the ride.  :amen: 

• Like 2