MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

The hospital had me on ativan after I woke up in a panic cuffed to the bed.  I remember nothing from climbing up the ladder on Sunday until waking up Thursday morning.  I only know what I am told about the time between.  They finally stopped it and reversed it and I became alert and was able to go home.  I am home since Friday night.  My mom drove up and is here helping me with the baby while the older ones went to stay with their dad for the summer.  I have multiple broken ribs, lacerations, bruises, a liver laceration with a drain in my liver and will need further surgery.  I needed 5-6 units of blood.  I am truly blessed and lucky to be alive.  God is good.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Euphrasyne, I'm so so sorry you are going through this! I had no idea you were hurt this badly. I'm at a loss for words. Take care and feel better soon. Sending up strong prayers and gentle hugs for you.   :pray:   :hug3:   :pray:

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you are going through this Euphrasyne, but I am glad you are home and that your mom is there to help!

I'm glad you are in one piece, Mt Rider!  Yikes, you are re-earning your moniker!

Walked first, then walked dogs.
The mail lady is acting like she won't pick up our mail on the porch as she is concerned about the kitten that has been hanging around. She doesn't like it being friendly and around her legs. Weighs less than 2 pounds. We may have to check with Post Office to see what their rules are. She has spray.
Going to prune back a bush on the side of house.
Sweep house.
Try to call cable company again to cancel cable.
Do a few eBay drafts.

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 6

Yikes, Euphrasyne!!!!!  :o  Worse than your first report!  So glad you're home and can rest with a lot less stress there....your older ones gone for summer and you mom there to help!  We all need help when life has clobbered us with more than even the strongest of us can withstand on our own.  :imoksmiley:  It is so good to have the support of family/friends.  Be very careful with your injured self!!!!! 

MtRider   Continued prayers for you and yours.  :pray: 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

I'm glad you are in one piece, Mt Rider!  Yikes, you are re-earning your moniker!

:lol:   Yeah....severe up and down hills....rocks, pebbles, boulders, and D.G.  [decomposing granite...aka: our "dirt" ] all over the Rocky Mountains.  Our steady steeds must be agile and tough!  ..... :rolleyes:  ....and so must we all.  As stunned and embarrassed as I was to come off in the first incident........I am so very PLEASED to have stuck on this one.  :happy0203:   And not only cuz I haven't added any OUCH places on my body.  But cuz my reputation was becoming endangered, for pete's sake!  :grinning-smiley-044:    No further ouch appeared this morning....so I took no further damage on that feat of agility.  :amen:  

MtRider  ....can we have a break from ODD and UNUSUAL for a while?  :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am so sorry to hear you were hurt that bad Euphrasyne.  Keeping you in my prayers for divine healing.  :pray: :hug3: So glad your mom was able to come stay with you and help with the baby.  

Mt. Rider, Glad you are doing better and getting your strength back.  

Working on bedroom today. Got the medal anchors out of wall and patched the holes. Now waiting for the plaster to dry so I can sand smooth and paint. Then going to get floor cleaned and windows washed in bedroom. Then just have to wait for furniture to arrive. 

Working on the home equity loan. I just hope and pray I am not making a mistake. The fireplace and main bathroom are going to be big ticket items. So this is why I am getting this loan at my financial planner's statement on this. I sure hope he is right about doing this. He said I should tap into the equity in my home. Just not sure of the way they want to do it. I want a fixed interest rate and they don't want to do that, saying it is not the best way to go. So if and when interest go up so will my monthly payments. So I am not moving on this very fast.

I keep hitting submit reply and it freezes. So hope when I get off here it takes. Otherwise I will come back and try again later.

• Like 4

I agree. I have filled out the papers and going to talk with the bank again. I am digging into it more.

Been patching up the holes in wall from the TV. Still waiting for the plaster to be fully dry before sanding and painting. Those were some big holes. Kept having to go back and fill in the holes a second time. 

• Like 3
On 7/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jeepers said:

Vanilla flavored vodka would still be my first choice. But that vanilla burbon sounded sort of...I don't know, refined. They had vanilla, honey, apple, maple and peach. Maybe a splash in some hot coffee or tea for a toddy? Obviously I don't have a clue here. I think I need some recipes. :rolleyes:   Or it could be bartered. Probably be a pretty nice barter item. Anyway, I justified my way up to the checkouts with 4 bottles, about pint size I'd guess of J.B. vanilla burbon to add to my regular Jim Beam, Jack Daniels and flavored vodkas.

I have drank way too much peach whiskey this summer.  Peach Crown is fabulous when mixed with Zevia Cream Soda or Dr. Zevia. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Working on the home equity loan. I just hope and pray I am not making a mistake. The fireplace and main bathroom are going to be big ticket items. So this is why I am getting this loan at my financial planner's statement on this. I sure hope he is right about doing this. He said I should tap into the equity in my home. Just not sure of the way they want to do it. I want a fixed interest rate and they don't want to do that, saying it is not the best way to go. So if and when interest go up so will my monthly payments. So I am not moving on this very fast.

Find a different bank if they won’t do a fixed interest rate. They don’t want to do one because interest rates are so low right now, it’s practically ridiculous. We re-financed 3 vehicles with extra cash included to pay off some high interest credit cards, and are now paying $900 LESS every month with rates locked in under 3%.

• Like 4

OY!  MtRider, that must have upped your heartbeat...after it started back up,k that is.  I went to my doc today, and she is NOT AMUSED that the ortopedic surgeons office is passing the buck on why I cant stand straight after hip surgery.  Glad she agrees with me, I was beginning to feel like the lone ranger saying there is something wrong that needs correction.  I did get more PT tho.  I will go for X Rays because she wants to see a set, and maybe send me back to the neuro surgeon that did my back.  If I need correction because the hip was botched, I know a good paralegal who will help me thru the paperwork.  I think somebody screwed up somewhere, just cant prove it.  But I dont think I should feel things shifting and hear a klunk occasionally in my lower back area on that side.  I was getting a little discouraged and down thinking I was doomed to live with the pain and wobbliness and bent over (again) but my doc gave me some hope.

Our latest kitten, Claudette, we named after the hurricane storm when we found her desperately trying not to dreown under our front steps (since boarded up TIGHT so nobody else gets under there.  She has teeth now, but not eating solids yet, just chewing on me when she gets hungry.  We had another little one get under our car and ride 40 miles before we spotted her hobbling away at a gas station where we had stopped.  We named her Bounce, because although she had a limp, the vet said she had nothing broken and would heal up from the tumble she took jumping out of the truck. 

"Keep her inside for a week or so until she walks normally again."  We are grateful that we spotted her limping away, she would probably have been hit by another car coming into or leaving the gas station.  She is inside with Claudette, showing that little chit hot to handle soft mushy cat food, and licking the formula  off that gets on Claudie when I feed her - she is very messy.  A wet washrag is nowhere near as good as a mama kittie's tongue, but we are not sure where/who Mom was so she is a bottle babie for now.  She is growing, so I must be doing something right.  

Our garden is kidking out tomatoes, yellow snap beans, okra, collards, and tonight Mary had creamed new potatoes.  One of the potato vines was dead and she pulled it, delightedly finding 8 or 10 good sized spuds underneath.  So tonight she had her favorite veggies for dinner, wax beans and creamed new potatoes.  I had roast pork and beans, declined the spuds (very reluctantly but they are too many carbs).  Yesterday I apologized to her for the "boring" dinner of steak and tomatoes.  We both laughed at that one, because it is a favorite quickie summer dinner at our house.  If that is boring, lets have more of it!  Mmmmmm.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 7

The CG. I checked my local Meijers and they didn'y carry any hard liquor at all. We have state run stores here. He said they have applied for a license but haven't got one yet. The store is only a couple of months old. I could go to a liquor store but I'll wait until I go back to Indiana at their Meijers. I'll pick up some there. I was wondering about the apple too. There is a recipe for making apple moonshine that is supposed to be really good. I think it's on Suttons Daze.

I agree about the loan. I'd definitely get a fixed rate. Of course they don't want you get a fixed rate. Interest rates are so low now they aren't raking in the big bucks. There is no advantage to you for getting an adjustable rate loan in hopes the interest rates will come down. It's a buyers market right now because the interest rates are so low. I can remember the 'balloon mortgages' back in the 1980's I think it was. Thousands of people lost their home because the interest rate went up to around 20%. D-ex was in the title insurance business at that time and I can clearly remember home mortgages being 21%.  Don't be afraid to shop around. 

I'm not a gambler and I don't like those sort of surprises. I'm not a financial advisor by any stretch of the imagination. I'm only playing one on the World Wide Web. I'm just saying what I would do.  

• Like 5

I'm so far behind reading you all's post ... but things are really on the move...literally...here!  We're putting in 4-6 hours a day nearly every day packing boxes here, loading in the truck, taking the homestead, carrying them in and putting them away.  Then we play catch up mowing all the yards.  About the only real relief is when we go to church/gathering each week.  I've worked my tail off sprucing up the old dressers with Old English Furniture stain/polish.  They look so nice!  The kitchen is "useable" but the gas line isn't hooked up yet to my stove so will use all my kitchen "equipment".  Washing nearly every day, hanging on outside lines, and vacuum sealing the stuff to put into our storage totes...winter wear etc. 

Our Abby-girl is truly loving stretching out on the hardwood floors! She's still a bit confused about the bedroom though, so I put a blanket down on my side (the mattress isn't there yet) for her lay and get acquainted with her "space".  Her mattress won't go until we move our mattress.

We're determined not to completely wear ourselves out trying to do it all at once and we don't want people trying to help because then we have to label everything...too much bother.

All in all, the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom are occupiable...and the livingroom also if we really needed to.  Right now we're getting the space ready for our "long" dual computer desks that will occupy nearly a complete wall.  His and hers!  We've had the office equipment for many years...in storage of course!  

The weather has been very hot and humid, some rain here and there, and supposed to get more tomorrow late. Another good reason for us to take our time.

We did sneak out this evening for a meal at Golden Corral...to celebrate our 12th anniversary.

I've been very diligent to wear my rib brace and leather gloves.  Many, many years ago I did some damage to my ribs (right side) and it's reared it's ugly head this past month...grrr!  And leather gloves are a must.  Every little bump leaves a nice purple spot on my hands or forearms.  

Well friends, I need to wash up, crawl in bed with my book, then lights out.

I'm so looking forward to getting back to posting here on a more regular basis.  Hugs to all!

• Like 8

Glad to hear from you We2. You guys are really buzzing along. I know you both have worked so hard, but working together. You are so lucky to have each other. I know Mr. We has saved you a fortune with his knowlege.  Congrats on number 12.  :cheer: 

I use Old English too. It does a really good job covering up scratches and dings. I understand about not wanting help packing up. Son offered but I still have to go through the stuff to see what can be pitched and what I need. Plus the whinning about, "Why do you want that old thing. When was the last time you used it. Get rid of it".   :rolleyes:   I'd rather do it myself even if I am slow.  Lifting heavy boxes is a different story though. 

Take it easy and don't over heat or push your body too hard. It's too hard to bounce back now, huh?  :hug3:

Hugs and belly rubs to my favorite red head!  :wub:

• Like 4

Prayers that the WE2s will be safe and injury-free during this move.  It's always a big job!  :pray:   And Happy Anniversary! 

Prayers for favor for Little Sister....for refinance and safety while she does these home repairs herself....good workers when it comes to the bigger repairs.  :pray: 

Prayers for Kappy....that things will get straightened out!  Physically and otherwise.  She's worked so hard at P.T. and should have the benefits!  :pray:    [yes, I'm sure I was wide-eyed for those seconds of nearly getting tossed to the ground ....AGAIN!  :rolleyes:  ]

Continued prayers for Euphrasyne!!!! :pray: 

I tried to get out to walk the dog while we had a good heavy rain but no lightning today.  [ that way God gives her a bath instead of us!!!  She gets real cranky with us yet doesn't mind rain...LOL  ]   But....I was talking on phone to friend too long.  No rain when we set out.  I sauntered slowly down the road and ....when I came back, my back started to seize up.  ACK!  I should not have been whacking on those roadside thistles with my walking stick.  Same battle with those stickers every year.  Unfortunately I discovered that my back is still a bit fragile from the fall a week ago.  Drat.....and I had to walk back UP our long, steep driveway.  Hurt to hang onto the dog's harness....which is how I usually have her assist me.  So....we walked a bit...and stopped for a bit....walked....rested....walked.....looked at the Columbine flowers growing next to driveway....walked and finally achieved the top of the hill.  [ Note to self:  no whacking thistles till back is fully restored to 'factory specs' !!! ]  :( 

MtRider  :shrug: 

• Like 5

I agree.  No thistle whacking!  LOL

Already walked--no dog walk today.
Will go out in a bit and kill ants all around the property.

Will set up DH's meds for the month.
Am baking a ham that has been in the deep freeze.
Will sweep house and dust.
Take eBay photos from the drafts I wrote yesterday.
Try to call the cable company again. They still were not taking calls yesterday.

• Like 2

Wow Euphrasyne....that sounds really bad. Please take care of yourself. 
Yesterday I checked myself into a hotel room for an overnight away from home. I do this once a year for my mental health  :lol:....I read and sleep a lot...  Literally 15 minutes before I was going to walk out the door I got a call that my mom was having another seizure episode related to her dementia and was being taken to the ER. This happens several times a month.  I still went to the hotel because with COVID restrictions I can’t go into the hospital....because our cases are going back up again. I’m fortunate that she’s in a good facility because they handle everything...and she was back in her room in the early evening....and doesn’t remember any of it. 
Now that I’m back home I’m looking around and realize I have too much stuff. Always happens after I stay in a hotel.... Time to do some decluttering....

• Like 5

Such a gooood idea, Dogmom!  And a good choice to carry on with the plan even after the distressing phone call.  :thumbs:  I've been trying to learn...REMEMBER the wise saying:  Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting someone else....lest you succumb and can't help anyone! 

As for taking a fresh look at one's own home......  That happened to me after I was at my mom's for over 2 wks.  Walked in the door and  :faint3:  NOT THAT I'VE HAD TIME ENERGY TO CHANGE ANYTHING....  <_<   

I'm doing ice and heat on my back today.  Sheeeesh! 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

It is wonderful to have a mental health day once in a while. Good for you for taking care of yourself. Better than letting everything build up and then blow. Wish I had thought of that decades ago. 

When I'm away for awhile I always try to remember to take a fresh look, and smell, as I reenter the house. Not always a pleasant surprise. :sEm_blush:

Speaking of reentry...I'm headed back to Indy tomorrow for about five days. I will finish the kitchen and try to line up a painter. Barring rain, I want to do weed control. They were starting to grow up around the landscaping and especially around the front door again. They can be very expensive to have someone else have to come in and take care of them. BTDT. Gonna nip those dudes in the bud. As Barney Fife used to say, "Nip it. Nip it. Nip it." I can't remember which episode. I'm going to look that up. Will be good for a few smiles. 

After tomorrow I'll be missing for a few days. Evil to say but I kind of hope son's will be off camping this weekend so I can get some more uninterrupted cleaning time in again. If he is not on call, they will be camping. I will still see them next Mon. and Tues. or whenever. 

• Like 5

I know all to well about decluttering. I am trying to do the same thing. The paper work is really bad. So much stuff to go through.  Had anesthesia call this morning saying I am past due on a bill from Last August. Funny thing, this is the second time I have had to check this over the past few months. The insurance payed it. So this time I let them have it with both barrows. I am over these billing companies thinking they can get paid by the insurance co. and then try to get money out of us. So now the battle is between the insurance company and the billing department for the anesthesia.  Next time they can talk to my lawyer. They have threatened me for the last time. And it's not for me, it's for DH's bill. If I get another bill in mail, I am not going to open it, but write deceased on it and put return to sender. 

Been a rough day today, so didn't get the wall finished yet. Called Lending Tree and got someone that agrees about a fixed rate. We are going to be talking tomorrow morning about what he can offer me.  Seems Discover card put a freeze on the equafax because they thought someone was trying to get info and thought it was fraud. So had to deal with getting that straight so I can get the loan. I like they are keeping an eye on my credit but needs to let me know before just putting a freeze on it. 

Gave kitchen a deep cleaning this afternoon. Then went out this evening and picked tomatoes. I have more cherry tomatoes than I can use, so it will be a trip to the market to sell them. Got 2 cucumbers also. Now have to keep a close eye on those so they don't get to big. I am loaded with eggplant. Not ready to pick yet but keeping a close eye on them. Still no green peppers but lots of blooms. They usually come in late. 

Going to call tomorrow for estimates for jacking up the house. Didn't hear from my friend about having someone for fireplace. So going to be checking on someone for that as well. I need to get a handle on how much all this is going to be as I don't want to borrow more than I need for all the work to be done. Was hoping to get the awning this month, but now it is going to be August. It is suppose to be back in the 80's next week, so hoping I can get out side and tackle the garage. Need to make room for the old refrigerator to go out there. I have till October, but want to be able to start working on it a little at a time. Makes it easier for me.  Going to stack the boxes for yard sale in the garden shed as I have plenty of room out there to do that. That would take care of a lot of it. The 2 rugs are going out on the street. Just way to much stuff. I think I am just getting over whelmed from all the stuff in this house. And tired of trying to get it all gone through and out of here. But it does keep me busy. I will have it all done by end of year and next year will be a new year with a halve empty house that is much easier to keep clean. 

• Like 4

I was having problems with confusion, nausea, lack of apatite, fever, extremely low BP (dystolic 48 and dropping) and a few other issues.  We were worried about complications, so went to the ER yesterday morning early.  They admitted me and I got IV bags, IV antibiotics, and a few other things.   They did not allow me to eat at all, so I went 48 hours without food until they released me this afternoon. They did go ahead and take my drain out so I'm just healing over now.    I am so tired of the hospital and grateful that my mom is here to watch the baby.   

I'm glad that I have stock of everything on hand and didn't have to go shopping after this accident.   We did order a rollator and shower chair from amazon to make my life easier.  I checked and the rollator has gone up $15 just since I ordered it last week.

Amazon.com: Drive Medical 10257BL-1 Four Wheel Walker Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support: Health & Personal Care

Otherwise, I am happy with the current medical and personal supplies I have on hand.   Wet wipes, dry shampoo, etc are lifesavers.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Wow, euphrasyne.  You are really having a tough go of this fall. I have been :pray: for you. So glad you have your mom there to help out with baby and stuff. Take it easy and just rest and heal. That was a serious fall you took. I know it feels better just to get the drain out. And good that you are stocked up on supplies.  The rollator is great. Much easier than a regular walker. 

Praying for a speedy recovery. :hug3:

• Like 2

Been working around house both today and yesterday. Working on getting the loan  done as well. Ended up going with Loan Depot. They are great. Answered all my questions and then some. And is a very easy process. 

Got the wall done. Patched up and painted. I have been working on restaining over the scratches on floor. The stain I bought was a perfect match. So just had to lightly sand the areas and then apply the stain. Worked great. You can't even tell there was a scratch in those places now. Will be getting the estimate on jacking up the floor next week. Still looking for someone for the fireplace. 

Sold more tomatoes to market and got another $60 for them. That is great. I hope to get enough out of it to buy the materials for the raised beds next year. That would be so much easier for me than tilling the ground every year and weeding. I think it would be much easier on the back as well. 

Getting tired now, so think I will sit down with a nice cold ice tea and do some reading.

• Like 5